April 29, 2024, 03:08:37 AM

Author Topic: Didier Drogba's Chelsea future is in serious doubt  (Read 760 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Didier Drogba's Chelsea future is in serious doubt
« on: January 22, 2009, 04:46:54 AM »
CHELSEA NEWS
Out-of-favour Drogba flutters eyelids at OM

By Soccernet staff

January 21, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Out-of-favour Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has spoken of his "love" for former club Olympique Marseille but insists he is not trying to engineer an exit from Stamford Bridge.

GettyImages

Didier Drogba's Chelsea future is in serious doubt

The Ivory Coast striker moved to Stamford Bridge in 2004 for £23.8 million after spending just one season in Marseille where he was named France's player of the year.

Drogba has been hampered by injury this season and in his absence Nicolas Anelka has flourished: Drogba has scored just three goals in all competitions compared to Anelka's 17.

Drogba was also singled out for criticism following Chelsea's recent 3-0 capitulation at Manchester United and the 30-year-old has been left out of manager Luiz Felipe Scolari's last two squads, all of which has added to the speculation surrounding the Ivorian's future at the club.

Now Drogba has refused to rule out a return to the French side at some point in the future.

He told French newspaper La Provence: ''It clearly isn't the moment for me to talk about an eventual return to OM. I have a lot of respect for Chelsea and while I am with them, I can't say anything.

''The most important thing is knowing my attachment to Marseille is still intact. I have always said it. If something must come about, and I don't know under what conditions, OM are going to have to get in contact with Chelsea.

''But be careful, I am not opening the door to an eventual transfer, I am simply explaining the situation.''

The former Guingamp player revealed the depth of his feeling for Marseille, adding: ''It's hard to find the words to express the relationship which exists between the supporters, the Marseillais and myself. I still love this club - that will never change whatever happens. I still feel at home here.

''It (the Marseille adventure) is unfinished. The difficulty is knowing if one or another we can finish (this story), and finally write the last few chapters, which will maybe be the most beautiful. Nothing is impossible. I am very well placed to know that.''

Drogba also outlined his frustration with the injury which has disrupted his season but insisted he has fully recovered, saying: ''I have not played for two matches and I can't wait to return to my level and be consistent.

''Since May, I have stopped playing for four to six months. It is difficult but thank God I feel in great shape at the moment. I know what I am capable of. The real satisfaction is that (the knee) is completely fine.''
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Didier Drogba's Chelsea future is in serious doubt
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 10:04:25 AM »
Not impress with Luiz Felipe Scolari as Chelsea manager.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
i concur, chelsea really does not look the part. i hope they can turn that around 4 d sake of the competitive aspect of the league
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 02:16:41 PM »
Chelsea wasn't impressive or attractive under Mourinho either ..... but they still pulled it off at the end.
Arsenal for all their attractiveness and flair didn't represent in the trophy cabinet.

Season's far from over ... let's see what joga bonito produces.
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>