March 28, 2024, 06:00:27 PM

Author Topic: Important announcement for all forum members.  (Read 24408 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Important announcement for all forum members.
« on: January 22, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »
Ok guys, this is what.

Heather MacKenzie of MLF sports, the agent who is responsible for getting many of our players contracts to play overseas asked me politely to tell you guys to tone it down a bit when players are going on trials as clubs have been reading your reviews and it could affect the players getting contracts.... (IE Kerwyn Jemmott). - who didn't get an offer because of the things written on the forum which was part of the problem.

As you all might know our forum is very popular and you wouldn't believe who reads the forum an a regular basis.

She said she loves the forum and reads it everyday and she is "not" against freedom of speech or anything but just wanted you guys to say "good stuff" if you really care about the players getting any contracts.

She said she is not blaming anyone in particular, she just wanted us to cooperate with her a little.

In the Jamal Gay thread people asking if he's connected with Joe Public (not speculations) and so on and it seems the clubs in now a little suspicious. I agree with what she says and I am pleading with you guys too tone it down at least until the player officially signs and this goes for every player from here on, not just Jamal.

She said "I know the blogging is important but the clubs and foreign press read these threads as well. I hope you see I am trying to do right by the players and appreciate all the support. I am just trying to stay a bit under the radar if possible on this one, thanks, Heather"

Thank you and I hope you guys understand.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:19:48 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Important announcement for all forum members.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 04:29:24 PM »
Ok guys, this is what.

Heather MacKenzie of MLF sports, the agent who is responsible for getting many of our players contracts to play abroad asked me politely to tell you guys to tone it down a bit when players are going on trials as clubs have been reading your reviews and it could affect the players getting contracts.... (IE Kerwyn Jemmott). - who didn't get an offer because of the things written on the forum which was part of the problem.

As you all might know our forum is very popular and you wouldn't believe who reads the forum an a regular basis.

She said she loves the forum and reads it everyday and she is "not" against freedom of speech or anything but just wanted you guys to say "good stuff" if you really care about the players getting any contracts.

She said she is not blaming anyone in particular, she just wanted us to cooperate with her a little.

In the Jamal Gay thread people asking if he's connected with Joe Public (not speculations) and so on and it seems the clubs in now a little suspicious. I agree with what she says and I am pleading with you guys too tone it down at least until the player officially signs and this goes for every player from here on, not just Jamal.

She said "I know the blogging is important but the clubs and foreign press read these threads as well. I hope you see I am trying to do right by the players and appreciate all the support. I am just trying to stay a bit under the radar if possible on this one, thanks, Heather"

Thank you and I hope you guys understand.

Flex.. I hear wha she saying.. but i having a hard time believing that Hardest ent get a contract because of what we saying here on the board!
In any case, how yuh make yuh bed, yuh have to lie down in it!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 04:53:36 PM »
Pure tata! If professional clubs reading a forum and making decisions on signing a player/ How unprofessional is that!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »
BS. Teams reading forums now for player profile? Lawd, next thing one of the many coaches here might get wuk too.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 05:02:29 PM »
It may not be unprofessional this seems to be a new approach at finding out how the players are in their comfort zone after they've stopped "acting their best" to gain a contract. In fact it may be a little personality trait that a two men at a club may be disputing and one man might suggest they find a forum where the locals talk about the player to see if it was mentioned. Remember clubs don't want to make bad investments this is just an innovative way of doing so, it may form let's say 5% of the decision but if they thought the man was iffy in the first place it's a big 5%

Anybody in HR here? with the hundreds of resumes in an office with everybody qualified doesn't it come down to what personal qualities you can discern on the interview? However saying it's the sole basis for selection is rubbish, no need to go overboard and suggest man might pick a coach from a web page.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:06:08 PM by TriniItalian »
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »
understandable sentiment, but i watching the details provided in this announcement and cant help but wonder if this is kinda defeating the purpose.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 05:13:08 PM »
OK, I hear ya loud and clear

Pure tata! If professional clubs reading a forum and making decisions on signing a player/ How unprofessional is that!
very well said
obviously the players PERFORMANCE on the field is not taken into account then. ::)
 like any other job interview process I am SURE that they dont need us on here to be the deciding factor

excuse meh eh........buh ah next thing.........arent MOST comments made in response to articles posted right here on this site....or am I mistaken
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:24:49 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 05:21:05 PM »
Dis is a interestin one.

On de one hand Observer and dem very correck dat professional clubs would not be making decisions on signing a player taking into consideration some posts on a fan forum.  If dat was de case, how de hell Drogba and dem does get sign or interest from clubs when dey own fans turn on dem?

On de other hand, Drogba and dem does get constant exposure on TV etc so dese clubs have ample footage at dey disposal to make more informed decisons.  A player like Hardest I'm going to guess doh have dem kinda resources available at he disposal.

I'm sure that clubs everywhere use whatever means they have at their disposal to learn more about potential signings, especially those from non traditional footballing countries such as ours (in the overall scheme of global football).  

While it's ultimately Ms. Mackenzie's responsibility to provide the necessary information so that clubs can make the best INFORMED decision, I see nothing wrong in toning down SOME of the rhetoric in general..not jes wit Hardest.  We not as bad as some...but all things not equal and our players need as much help as they could get.  At the end of the day, Ms. Mackenzie cyah use a fan forum as a point of blame for Hardest or any of her other client's inability to land a contract.  Ah not sure daz wha she tryin to do in dis instance but jes de inference alone is tata.

That said, if turnin down de rhetoric in general means we could play a lil role....no matter how small....in helpin out one a we players, it eh really no skin off we back to criticise when necessary and when warranted, but do so without de tantana dat does SOMETIMES accompany it.  

My 2 cents.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 05:37:55 PM »
I 2nd that. That saved Jemmott cause who would want to be in club that runned by idiots like that  :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »
I 2nd that. That saved Jemmott cause who would want to be in club that runned by idiots like that  :rotfl:
:devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 05:42:55 PM »
ent? next time they cut him for poming in the team bus  :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »
ya see...dat is exactly wha she talkin bout

ya just ruined de man career
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 05:54:36 PM »

lol

but seriously i get the point. IT ALL ABOUT CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS.  Initially people will think how stupid it is but, clubs would like to get players for the cheapest they can. so when they see thing like man might play for Caledonia AIA, they might get scared and think there agent lied to them in a ploy to drive up the price with another club .  It's like hearing about your player was flirting and meeting with another club and that will get the other club upset. plain and simple fellow forumites just post facts instead of rumors.  If you dont have a source don't post it.  Or we should make a separate section for rumors only, maybe.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 06:11:58 PM »

lol

but seriously i get the point. IT ALL ABOUT CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS.  Initially people will think how stupid it is but, clubs would like to get players for the cheapest they can. so when they see thing like man might play for Caledonia AIA, they might get scared and think there agent lied to them in a ploy to drive up the price with another club .  It's like hearing about your player was flirting and meeting with another club and that will get the other club upset. plain and simple fellow forumites just post facts instead of rumors.  If you dont have a source don't post it.  Or we should make a separate section for rumors only, maybe.
Orrite den, permit me to be Devil's advocate here then
IF that was true, STERN would NEVER get ah work if they did read all Disgruntled post an dem :devil:

I cant see how this will negatively affect somebody's ability to find ah work
is like saying......that ya go in Zen and ya over hear some body's EX gurl bad talking ah man and ya disregard him from negotitions fa dat...sorry.................in other words, the information has to come from a Credible source ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 06:18:37 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 06:31:35 PM »

Well said!!!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 06:40:11 PM »
Ok guys, this is what.

Heather MacKenzie of MLF sports, the agent who is responsible for getting many of our players contracts to play abroad asked me politely to tell you guys to tone it down a bit when players are going on trials as clubs have been reading your reviews and it could affect the players getting contracts.... (IE Kerwyn Jemmott). - who didn't get an offer because of the things written on the forum which was part of the problem.

abroad?

Tobago?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 06:40:44 PM »

lol

Orrite den, permit me to be Devil's advocate here then
IF that was true, STERN would NEVER get ah work if they did read all Disgruntled post an dem :devil:

I cant see how this will negatively affect somebody's ability to find ah work
is like saying......that ya go in Zen and ya over hear some body's EX gurl bad talking ah man and ya disregard him from negotitions fa dat...sorry.................in other words, the information has to come from a Credible source ;)

true, looking at socawarrior.net "FAN" forum as a source is ah big joke.  Any way what other sources can those foreigners look for in a small, undeveloped nation like tnt.  i would recommend them stay out the forum and only look at the front page news section.  :devil:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 06:42:42 PM »
This is an Epiphany moment for this forum. Men getting or not getting contract based on views expressed on this Forum. Tallman/ Palos/ Flex take a bow= We reach.We all want to support our players but truth must not be sacrificied on the altar of expediency. However having said that , those of us living outside of T&T get our information from this site. A case in point, when I read of a player or hear a coach in the normal press big up a player -a la lasana- I talk to touches about it and it may be subjective but my knowledge of that player is based on information received.
 This may very well be true about outsiders reading this Forum. However I will be surprised in this day of technology that a contract is based on reading a forum.
 The Truth shall set us free.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »

lol

But wait a minute we don't only criticise our players on this forum,we go after footballers all over the world,so should we be expecting a similar post from every other countries PR officer asking that we tone down the criticism,because some of there players lost out on contracts as a result of the soca warriors forum,look here pure madness the proof in puddin is in the eating,it may be old school to some but still the most effective way of judging a player,this forum has been a success for years because of it's ability to allow criticism whether good or bad,praises to the moderators for their efforts in keeping this forum the number one in my book, on the other hand if  there is a  threatening remark to  another person on this site it is quickly dispatched with an taken off the forum.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »
Huh??.....am I being censored??.... :-\

Ok guys, this is what.

abroad?

Tobago?

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Jefferz yuh doh come by often enough these days..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 07:14:24 PM »
Ah guess no one scouting yardies should come to this site :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 07:19:21 PM »

Thank you!

I love the job that Ms. Mackenzie is doing on the part of her clients but if she can't provide prospective employers with sufficient information to counter the speculation that's occuring in cyberspace... then who's fault is that bloggers and posters?  Give me a f**king break.

Additionally... if clubs get jittery over the comments made by anonymous posters on a messageboard then just how 'professional' are these clubs?  Don't they have scouting departments and emissaries that they can send out... I mean shit, have some low level admin call up the pro-league outfit and derive information about what's being said.  Speak with our own journalist poseur, Fido Fuentes and see what info the TTFF can provide.

This whole situation... from the alleged reaction of the clubs to the 'request'... is in a word, nonsensical.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 07:28:22 PM »

Thank you!

I love the job that Ms. Mackenzie is doing on the part of her clients but if she can't provide prospective employers with sufficient information to counter the speculation that's occuring in cyberspace... then who's fault is that bloggers and posters?  Give me a f**king break.

Additionally... if clubs get jittery over the comments made by anonymous posters on a messageboard then just how 'professional' are these clubs?  Don't they have scouting departments and emissaries that they can send out... I mean shit, have some low level admin call up the pro-league outfit and derive information about what's being said.  Speak with our own journalist poseur, Fido Fuentes and see what info the TTFF can provide.

This whole situation... from the alleged reaction of the clubs to the 'request'... is in a word, nonsensical.

Well said!!!! :applause:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 07:32:08 PM »
Flex u know u iz meh horse but what u post dey ...

Congrats bois and gyuls we realllllllll impt and popular
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 08:06:32 PM »

lol

But wait a minute we don't only criticise our players on this forum,we go after footballers all over the world,so should we be expecting a similar post from every other countries PR officer asking that we tone down the criticism,because some of there players lost out on contracts as a result of the soca warriors forum,look here pure madness the proof in puddin is in the eating,it may be old school to some but still the most effective way of judging a player,this forum has been a success for years because of it's ability to allow criticism whether good or bad,praises to the moderators for their efforts in keeping this forum the number one in my book, on the other hand if  there is a  threatening remark to  another person on this site it is quickly dispatched with an taken off the forum.

nah man you off topic. its about threads that say This player signed here and there, not bad talking them.  its putting rumors like "Birchall signed with the San Jose Earthquakes" with out having to put a credible source.  But still poor on the part of such an unprofessional club using socawarrior.net forum as a source.  Try the front page news section or the TTFF or Pro league. This is we thing!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »
Dis sounding kinda ridiculous to me.  Men talking like Hardest still young.  So why we doh make de forum sign in for members only now.  Iz not like we doh have de numbers to do that.  We boasting talk yuh talk...now is bite yuh tongue.  I eh see nobody posting dat we 4qing up de potential County Cricket and IPL Contracts for Windies Players by roasting dem in de Caribbean Cricket Website's Rum Shop and on this very Website too.  ??? :-X

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »
Well said Bakes!!!

But on the other side, I'm sure we all welcome the work that Ms MacKenzie is doing and I appreciate her point of view because I saw two instances where high school recruits' invitations for tryouts were recalled because of what was on their myspace page.

Now this is not quite the same situation here, and this is football on a toatally different level.... but I'm sure allyuh could see whey ah comig from. I could see comments on cyberspace impacting a club's decision, no matter how petty or unprofessional it may seem.  

We have to remember, the rest of the football world don't necessarily need us...we need them....  my 2 cents.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 08:33:30 PM »
Ms MacKenzie just ask if we can tone it down, at least until the player signs. She never said to not post anything.

And if you guys cant understand that, then by all means continue, its your choice.

Our players (Jamal) for example is unknown to the world and believe it or not clubs use the internet to research players and when you google a player name from T&T this website comes up first.

Teams may not use the forum to gauge players, but I am sure they will use it to understand more about players they hardly know to get to know them a little better off the field.

Imagine I google your name and all I could find is bad things being said about you.... now you could be a good player but when I google your name and it shows you play for 10 different clubs and you were missing training and had off the field problems that eventually cost you your job dont you think that would have some sort of impact on the clubs decisions.

MacKenzie told me she got Jemmott to turn a new leaf and the forum was PART of the problem.... the club's press will research the player (as we do here) and write news on them. I see many clubs using stuff on this site that I wrote myself. The internet is a strong tool.... it saves you time and money...

Our players are going on trial with small teams, remember this, these clubs will use anything possible to research players who they never saw or heard from in their life.

I dont understand why MacKenzie who has been getting many contracts for a lot of our players lately will lie. I see no problem just keeping low or congratulating a player if he goes on a trial anyway.

BTW - Thanks Palos...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:48:47 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 09:25:45 PM »
if its a major issue then tighter moderation is needed........

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 09:38:53 PM »
I guess the club didn't read any of T.I. posts?

1]; } ?>