April 18, 2024, 05:28:55 PM

Author Topic: Important announcement for all forum members.  (Read 24557 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Important announcement for all forum members.
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 09:40:23 PM »
I going and start talking about all the US players who does drink and drive, hang out in the ghetto, dog fight, and go to the Pink Pony. I find a way to help T&T progress. Now no US players will get contract in the MLS or foreign cause I talk about them having bad personailty traits.

Or and by the way I just saw Hyland help an old lady to cross the street and into a bus.  :angel:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »
I guess the club didn't read any of T.I. posts?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: De best player in de world  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »
This is quite an amazing assertion.  I understand that many of these clubs are not "tier 1", but at the same time they are financially capable of hosting our players for trials (albeit quite brief on occasion), thus, I truly wonder how much unprofessionalism plagues these clubs to the point where they "rely" on socawarriors.net for info. on our players regarding their work ethic, talent, footballing skills as whole; even in the age of the internet and modern technology.

All the same and as Federick said, w/o struggle there is no progress, best of luck to all our players currently on trial or have trials pending.  
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »
OK when was the last time (before this thread) that anyone posted anything negative about TI # 1 Footballer

I guess the club didn't read any of T.I. posts?
well, dem DEFINITELY ent professional

I going and start talking about all the US players who does drink and drive, hang out in the ghetto, dog fight, and go to the Pink Pony. I find a way to help T&T progress. Now no US players will get contract in the MLS or foreign cause I talk about them having bad personailty traits.
Or and by the way I just saw Hyland help an old lady to cross the street and into a bus.  :angel:
yeah, do it   ;D

and yes, all ah we players doh drink, doh smoke nor......(how it does go again) :devil:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:41:53 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 10:36:46 PM »
The internet is a powerful tool.......employers do background checks on employees by tracking thier emails to social networking sites like myspace, facebook, hi5, bootyclub, etc..........allyuh know how hard it is to do  a background check on a Trinbagonian........so why not read forums like this 1........of course dey would have to be dotish to base their final decision on what you wise morons be saying on here.........but some of what is being said could be accurate..........and remember folks because things looking professional from d outside......doesnt mean it is on d inside.........is like d fella wit brand new gears looking rell professional but does pull rell stones on d field.  

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 11:01:40 PM »
well, well, im gunna start posting things solely to improve our young and upcoming (hardest) players,

for instance, not only is Jamal Gay an excellent player, but he also bakes delicious cookies.

Take that jittery scouts!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:05:40 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 11:03:01 PM »
well, im gunna start posting things solely to improve our young and upcoming (hardest) players,

for instance, not only is Jamal Gay an excellent player, but he also bakes delicious cookies.

Take that jittery scouts!

He can help out in d kitchen his multi taskin skills
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 11:39:33 PM »
Flex we kinda get wha yuh saying.  I feel we low on de info hierarchy though.  Ah mean players have agents.  Dey in a position to dispel any rumours, not so?  If not dem, man could always call Shaka or Jackula.  I dunno...I still a bit surprised at dis but I doh intend to make any waves.

"MacKenzie told me she got Jemmott to turn a new leaf and the forum was PART of the problem"

It could have been part of de solution too.  It jes depends how yuh look at it.  De fella check heself after seeing peeps writing stuff about him.  I hope he come back strong.  We all know how talented he is.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:46:20 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 12:50:56 AM »
It may not be unprofessional this seems to be a new approach at finding out how the players are in their comfort zone after they've stopped "acting their best" to gain a contract. In fact it may be a little personality trait that a two men at a club may be disputing and one man might suggest they find a forum where the locals talk about the player to see if it was mentioned. Remember clubs don't want to make bad investments this is just an innovative way of doing so, it may form let's say 5% of the decision but if they thought the man was iffy in the first place it's a big 5%

Anybody in HR here? with the hundreds of resumes in an office with everybody qualified doesn't it come down to what personal qualities you can discern on the interview? However saying it's the sole basis for selection is rubbish, no need to go overboard and suggest man might pick a coach from a web page.
Very well said.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 12:52:53 AM »
Pure tata! If professional clubs reading a forum and making decisions on signing a player/ How unprofessional is that!
I 2nd that. That saved Jemmott cause who would want to be in club that runned by idiots like that  :rotfl:
:devil:
ent? next time they cut him for poming in the team bus  :rotfl:
ya see...dat is exactly wha she talkin bout

ya just ruined de man career
lol

but seriously i get the point. IT ALL ABOUT CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS.  Initially people will think how stupid it is but, clubs would like to get players for the cheapest they can. so when they see thing like man might play for Caledonia AIA, they might get scared and think there agent lied to them in a ploy to drive up the price with another club .  It's like hearing about your player was flirting and meeting with another club and that will get the other club upset. plain and simple fellow forumites just post facts instead of rumors.  If you dont have a source don't post it.  Or we should make a separate section for rumors only, maybe.

Another good point.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »
It could have been part of de solution too.  It jes depends how yuh look at it.  De fella check heself after seeing peeps writing stuff about him.  I hope he come back strong.  We all know how talented he is.
best post so far
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 12:56:41 AM »
The first thing that come out most people mouth here  is the moderaters trying to gag we  for criticizing players.Our forum is popular. I think that's amazing.
 At the same time, I would hope that  a compromize will come about where we will find out about the players, and Flex suggestion that we could at least wait til they get sign could work for now

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:58 AM »
The first thing that come out most people mouth here  is the moderaters trying to gag we  for criticizing players.Our forum is popular. I think that's amazing.
 At the same time, I would hope that  a compromize will come about where we will find out about the players, and Flex suggestion that we could at least wait til they get sign could work for now
ent ,if a player on a trial with ah club ,hush yah f**king mouth ah little bit nah.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 04:03:29 AM »
lol...allyuh trinis have no broughtupsy what so ever...lol...thanks for the laugh..

It have enough yes men and bottom shiners in here to help out the situation, each month we chose ah trini players and start ah big thread and then get west coast and dem to just argree with everythign everyone say, he go be in he glee.
jefferz yuh come outta hiding to give trouble..steups yuh exams done???.lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2009, 05:10:17 AM »
Allyuh men real dotish boy, especially Jefferz, man making kicks out of something serious.

Flex has never ask for nothing from allyuh fools here and only ask to keep allyuh ass shut about de speculation or condemning of players on trial, just a little bit and yet allyuh talking shit and aiming on ONE point. Flex never came out and say de club didn't sign de players because of we here, he said he were told we were part of the problem and rightfully so, we blast Jemmott so much I am sure it had some negative impact on him, in de end, is de club make de decision, and I am sure its not based on us ALONE, but Flex only relaying de message.

Just cool it a bit for one week and allyuh cah hush allyuh ass and support de players. Give them a good review. We have nothing to lose.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2009, 06:22:48 AM »
waay sah, a thread that make jefferz come out of hiding oui...glad to see yuh back fadder

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2009, 07:09:04 AM »
I really think some posters here should listen more carefully to what Flex has to say.

The reality of the situation is that many of our T&T players are not well known internationally and any information that clubs glean on these players (even the bits and pieces on forums such as these) is useful to a club interested in their services. The level of professionalism can be questioned but don't doubt that it happens - maybe not to the extent Ms. Mackenzie is arguing though.

Many companies I know use Facebook to look up potential job candidates and make judgments based on their Facebook pages, walls and pictures. You'd be surprised at how many seemingly 'professional' companies have people in HR do this. Similarly, it can be conceived that clubs use forums in a similar manner. After all, I know some forumites who visit other club forums (Sunderland etc.) to get an idea how our players are viewed by the club's fans.

Of course many would disagree, laugh it off or simply not care. I'm not saying criticism of players isn't welcome but I'd think carefully before posting rumors, speculations and ole talk at a time when a player is on trial with a club.

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2009, 07:17:54 AM »
Clubs will be able to judge players talent on the field but there is more to a player than his talent.

Their attitude on and off the field bears a big part of the complete player.

A player may look good in tryouts and tries hard, but if that club reads here that the player in a
"lazy bitch" or what ever negative,  a club may wonder down the road, if that attude will show up....

maybe???? maybe not???

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2009, 08:01:06 AM »
does this mean by extension that we go see some big contracts for players we big up here ? tHIS IS A BIG JOKE ..... the woman might have good intentions but she might also be clueless on how these matters are dealth with.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2009, 08:04:41 AM »
Ms MacKenzie just ask if we can tone it down, at least until the player signs. She never said to not post anything.

And if you guys cant understand that, then by all means continue, its your choice.

Our players (Jamal) for example is unknown to the world and believe it or not clubs use the internet to research players and when you google a player name from T&T this website comes up first.

Teams may not use the forum to gauge players, but I am sure they will use it to understand more about players they hardly know to get to know them a little better off the field.

Imagine I google your name and all I could find is bad things being said about you.... now you could be a good player but when I google your name and it shows you play for 10 different clubs and you were missing training and had off the field problems that eventually cost you your job dont you think that would have some sort of impact on the clubs decisions.

MacKenzie told me she got Jemmott to turn a new leaf and the forum was PART of the problem.... the club's press will research the player (as we do here) and write news on them. I see many clubs using stuff on this site that I wrote myself. The internet is a strong tool.... it saves you time and money...

Our players are going on trial with small teams, remember this, these clubs will use anything possible to research players who they never saw or heard from in their life.

I dont understand why MacKenzie who has been getting many contracts for a lot of our players lately will lie. I see no problem just keeping low or congratulating a player if he goes on a trial anyway.

BTW - Thanks Palos...

Doh study them Flex.... Technology has change and we have to go with the times. The internet is a good place to research unknown players to get to know them upclose a little better.

Remember Silvio Spann was a free agent and could have gotten a contract in Croatia and but they found out he was resign by W Connection (illegally) who was then asking for a transfer fee and he end up losing out.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 08:05:17 AM »
BS. Teams reading forums now for player profile? Lawd, next thing one of the many coaches here might get wuk too.

This is funny but understandable. Question... wouldn't de same clubs see this post also and feel like de info purported on our site is phony? At any rate to add a little validity to de story.... For anyone who have recently applied for a job in de corporate world..... Managers and employers do ask for a face book entry to check you out so to speak so to say that clubs reading up on players is foolish is prehistoric. Its the new world. However to say that a club would accept or dismiss a person/player on de merits that we transmit is dumb.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2009, 08:20:08 AM »

MacKenzie told me she got Jemmott to turn a new leaf and the forum was PART of the problem.... the club's press will research the player (as we do here) and write news on them. I see many clubs using stuff on this site that I wrote myself. The internet is a strong tool.... it saves you time and money...

if this forum was PART of the problem then the blame hadda rest solely at the feet of T.I.

Is he who singlehandedly adopt Hardest and turn him into a larger than life cult hero, trying to ram the fellah down the forum throat as the second coming of Pele. Is he who make the man such an easy target and such ah forum phenomenon that as soon as a thread on Hardest pop up, it guaranteed at least two pages. Doh blame de forum. I sure he is aware of the damage done too given his conspicuous absence.

Funny thing is, most of the criticism of players on this site come from people who don't even reside in Trinidad and who have know little about a player beyond a Touches match report or watching them perform in a single game on tv. Never see them play for their club, never see them live and have little or no substantial evidence to refer to and ascertain what it is have a player consistently selected by successive coaching regimes..

But Trinis love nothing better than to criticize and fight down.. That is a known fact. Just ask Lara, Ato and Yorke.

But in any case.. What goes on in this forum is pretty docile in comparison to your run of the mill football fan forum. Trinis nowhere near as venomous..

my 2 cents.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2009, 08:50:41 AM »
Yuh know....I watching and listening and I fed up with all yuh chupidness.  Ah was going and let all yuh bask in all yuh ignorance, but evidently is either all yuh in de work force long time, or all yuh doh have no wuk, or all yuh not currently looking for ah wuk, or all yuh have no idea the extent to which HR departments all over the world now operate.  
Fus ting Fus......De thread not saying dat all clubs does use de forum to make decisions on de players at hand.  It is jes dat sometimes, when yuh have more than one qualified applicant, yuh might resort to alternative sources as a determining factor.  It is not like on ah man resume dey have a section stating "What forum should we go to, to check on your ability?"  because das how all yuh interpreting it.....de men who claim to be "intahlec".  I happen to have a little knowledge about how recruiters does do it now in the US, and they going as far as to check man FACEBOOK profile behind dey back and digging up dirt on dem.  Orrr, and dey checking de myspace bizness too.  It jes goes to show that companies want to make sure that they making de best choice all de time.  Is big money involved, and de wus ting yuh want to do is make ah bad investment.  So what de thread saying is dat, SOMETIMES, people might resort to de forum for a second opinion.  STOP being Chupid people, and jes say hard luck, we wouldnt do it again.  No need to justify de assness all yuh trying to do.  

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2009, 09:00:01 AM »
Yuh know....I watching and listening and I fed up with all yuh chupidness.  Ah was going and let all yuh bask in all yuh ignorance, but evidently is either all yuh in de work force long time, or all yuh doh have no wuk, or all yuh not currently looking for ah wuk, or all yuh have no idea the extent to which HR departments all over the world now operate.  
Fus ting Fus......De thread not saying dat all clubs does use de forum to make decisions on de players at hand.  It is jes dat sometimes, when yuh have more than one qualified applicant, yuh might resort to alternative sources as a determining factor.  It is not like on ah man resume dey have a section stating "What forum should we go to, to check on your ability?"  because das how all yuh interpreting it.....de men who claim to be "intahlec".  I happen to have a little knowledge about how recruiters does do it now in the US, and they going as far as to check man FACEBOOK profile behind dey back and digging up dirt on dem.  Orrr, and dey checking de myspace bizness too.  It jes goes to show that companies want to make sure that they making de best choice all de time.  Is big money involved, and de wus ting yuh want to do is make ah bad investment.  So what de thread saying is dat, SOMETIMES, people might resort to de forum for a second opinion.  STOP being Chupid people, and jes say hard luck, we wouldnt do it again.  No need to justify de assness all yuh trying to do.  

:applause:  :applause:  :applause:  :applause:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 09:03:28 AM »
BS...with a capital "S"

There are  message boards all over the internet with much harsher comments than those expressed here. If you want to start censoring the comments we might as well shut this entire site down. Last I checked this is a "discussion forum" and it would lose all credibility if all posts were unjustifiably positive.

How about getting some game film and recommendations, hell even hire a private investigator if you want to do a background check.

Sorry if you feel some responsibility for a player not getting a contract, but the truth of the matter is, if he has a good enough trial, he'll get picked up. No amount pecong and ole talk would change that. And if d man doin sh*t, i.e. he has a poor work ethic or questionable character, he'll be found out eventually and this would have a much worse effect on all Trini players.

How dese foreign scounts even understand half d tings we'z be sayin anywayz?

And for kiffysmooth, "big money" is relative. And speaking truthfully or speaking your mind is only "assness" if you're a communist.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2009, 09:15:42 AM »
I really think some posters here should listen more carefully to what Flex has to say.

The reality of the situation is that many of our T&T players are not well known internationally and any information that clubs glean on these players (even the bits and pieces on forums such as these) is useful to a club interested in their services. The level of professionalism can be questioned but don't doubt that it happens - maybe not to the extent Ms. Mackenzie is arguing though.

Many companies I know use Facebook to look up potential job candidates and make judgments based on their Facebook pages, walls and pictures. You'd be surprised at how many seemingly 'professional' companies have people in HR do this. Similarly, it can be conceived that clubs use forums in a similar manner. After all, I know some forumites who visit other club forums (Sunderland etc.) to get an idea how our players are viewed by the club's fans.

Of course many would disagree, laugh it off or simply not care. I'm not saying criticism of players isn't welcome but I'd think carefully before posting rumors, speculations and ole talk at a time when a player is on trial with a club.

This is funny but understandable. Question... wouldn't de same clubs see this post also and feel like de info purported on our site is phony? At any rate to add a little validity to de story.... For anyone who have recently applied for a job in de corporate world..... Managers and employers do ask for a face book entry to check you out so to speak so to say that clubs reading up on players is foolish is prehistoric. Its the new world. However to say that a club would accept or dismiss a person/player on de merits that we transmit is dumb.

The Facebook analogy is flawed... many recruiters will indeed run a search of 'social networking' sites to see if candidates have posted any questionable content to their profiles.  For some, 'questionable content' aside, the mere fact that a candidate has a social networking profile is to them proof positive of a lack of discretion on the part of said candidate, and a strike against their candidacy.

That is vastly different from this present situation.  Here you don't have players posting "questionable content" or otherwised displaying any lack of discretion... or anything else that may serve as a primary source for guiding the judgment of a player's skill or character.  Put another way, there is nothing done here by the players themselves that can be used as a strike against them, unlike the Facebook job applicant.  What happens on discussion forums such as this is that you have a bunch of overly eager and often times overly emotional posters who anonymously post speculative, disparaging, and often unfounded information about players.  As I said earlier... any talent representative worth their salt should be able to dispel these with accurate information... it's really not that difficult to find more accurate sources.  

That said... I am not entirely unsympathetic to Ms. Mackenzie's position.  Most of the talent on her client roster is marginal, these guys are lucky that people are even looking at them (being completely objective), so they start out the recruitment process with strikes already against them.  To make it worse, they are competing with god knows however many other similarly situated players out there (other marginal talents), so clubs might be less inclined to take the time to sift thru the negative chatter when they know they can cut their losses early and just move on to the next prospect.

While I disagree on principle with the request, and with the overall premise on which it was made... I also fully agree that people should think twice before lambasting some of these players.  I personally make it a point not to be overly critical of players, after all, there is a reason why I do what I do and they're doing what they do.  All that aside, these fellas are just trying to make a living, in the least we should be understanding of that.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2009, 09:29:59 AM »
scouts, press, everyone else
we speak freely on our forum, we speak freely on our players and our nation for one reason...we care.  It may be hard, cold, and sometimes bitter but we only expect the best from our warriors.

I have been part of this website years ago when the old forum was up, and once the new forum came into play I only recently re-signed up however I have been reading consistently in the interim.  We are a tough group, and all the scouts, players, and everyone else should know it's all love.
whey boy!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »
While I disagree on principle with the request, and with the overall premise on which it was made... I also fully agree that people should think twice before lambasting some of these players.  I personally make it a point not to be overly critical of players, after all, there is a reason why I do what I do and they're doing what they do.  All that aside, these fellas are just trying to make a living, in the least we should be understanding of that.

People should just be honest...not fabricate or sensationalize things, particularly about the players' character. Evaluators checking this site are likely more interested in investigating the players' personal attributes since they should be well experienced in evaluating skill.

But having said that, you can't sugarcoat things. If he's a bad egg iz better he doh get the contract rather than embarrass the entire coutnry and give us a bad reputation.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »
Yuh start back making sense since ah had to buff yuh last time Bake and Shark. Well said. ;D ;D
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »
Yuh start back making sense since ah had to buff yuh last time Bake and Shark.

Is a rag or a chamois u use?  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>