April 29, 2024, 11:28:32 AM

Author Topic: Young strikers should be arrogant, cocky and selfish  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Young strikers should be arrogant, cocky and selfish
« on: September 22, 2005, 03:11:40 PM »
I believe that a young strikers should be arrogant, cocky and selfish if you notice most of the top young strikers in the world are indeed arrogant and confident in there ability the same can be said of the up a coming strikers from T&T.

The difference is that a young player from Trinidad and Tobago believe he’s a star and stops going to practice or just gallery when on the field.

In Brazil they are encourage to express them self but they also get a very song technical up bring at a young age and also exposed to a more professional environment.

What we have to do in Trinidad is discover the talented players early and encourage them to express them self on the field but also keep a level head.

Although Yorke is play boy he always put in extra training and that’s what make the great players great take Jordan this guy was on top of his game but every year he’d train hard and hard that’s what we need from young players.             

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Young strikers should be arrogant, cocky and selfish
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 04:14:31 PM »
I believe that a young strikers should be arrogant, cocky and selfish if you notice most of the top young strikers in the world are indeed arrogant and confident in there ability the same can be said of the up a coming strikers from T&T.

The difference is that a young player from Trinidad and Tobago believe he’s a star and stops going to practice or just gallery when on the field.

In Brazil they are encourage to express them self but they also get a very song technical up bring at a young age and also exposed to a more professional environment.

What we have to do in Trinidad is discover the talented players early and encourage them to express them self on the field but also keep a level head.

Although Yorke is play boy he always put in extra training and that’s what make the great players great take Jordan this guy was on top of his game but every year he’d train hard and hard that’s what we need from young players.             

Prime Example Zlatan of Juve!
nathan ellington of WBA sorry TNT cant call him up :D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 04:39:42 PM »
We have a striker who arrogant, cocky and selfish.  He eh young doh.  Yet everybody does be cussin he tail.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 04:41:01 PM »
yes futbol only if tnt considered grandparents lol yuh should ah play some soca for jlloyd
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 06:27:23 PM »
Why? Why we need them to be arrogant and cocky? I do not think that is going to work in our soicety. They might turn out to be arrogant cocky selffish and disrespectfully and that will get them no where and telling the young fellas they need to have that attitude going to hurt them in the long run.

CONFIDENT yes but respectfully, intelligent and dedicated too. Not just book sense but intelligence on the field. COCKY but u must know how to be humble and take positive criticism or else they will never learn.

We have a striker who arrogant, cocky and selfish. He eh young doh. Yet everybody does be cussin he tail.

We know exactly who this is allyuh really want more strikers like this. :-\

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 06:55:50 PM »
As I said this is a trait of all great strikers the cockiness is  when he believes that every ball he gets he will score and in that arrogant is basically the same I’ m not talking of the field this is in a footballing sense   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 07:05:04 PM »
yeah yuh right but that aint get me nowhere. i'm in the navy now not in manchester like i taught i would end up.!!!!!!!!
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 10:04:09 PM »
As long as that arrogance is part of the game and not your personality.  As long as it goes to the defenders and not your coach and players.  Nobody bigger than the game, breds.  Humble yourself and you'll be lifted up.   There will come a time when you not scoring goals and people help people that they like....

So young strikers should be hard workers, humble and willing to learn
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 04:43:08 PM »

So young strikers should be hard workers, humble and willing to learn

Well said.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 05:39:41 PM »
We have a striker who arrogant, cocky and selfish.  He eh young doh.  Yet everybody does be cussin he tail.

lololololol :rotfl: lololololol :rotfl: lololololol :rotfl: lololololol :rotfl: lololololol

men does ask fuh ting and when dey get it dey vex....lol

imagine all we strikers like dat!!...lol
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 06:06:15 PM by Tallman »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>