March 29, 2024, 08:36:53 AM

Author Topic: TTEC qualify for Super League series  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTEC qualify for Super League series
« on: January 24, 2009, 11:53:40 PM »
TTEC qualify for Super League series
T&T Newsday

TTEC qualified for promotion to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation National Super League, when they shut out Tobago team Georgia 2-0 in their final round match on Thursday.

After a tough first period which ended all square 0-0, Brent Garcia gave TTEC the lead in the 61st minute and when brother Daniel Garcia netted in the 66th, it clinched the top spot in the standings. Michael Alexis scored a double to lead East/West Coaching School into the runner-up spot with a 2-1 victory over Queen’s Park. Alexis got his first in the seventh minute only for Roberto Marquez to slot in a tenth minute equaliser.

And Coaching School had to wait until the 78th minute when Alexis scored his second which turned out to be the winner.

In the other game on Thursday, Leeds got a 17th minute goal to edge Biche 1-0 and leave them without a point in their five games.

Michael Renaud was the hero of the game for Leeds.

Final Standings

P W D L F A Pts
TTEC 5 4 1 0 14 6 13
Coaching School 5 3 2 0 9 4 11
Georgia United 5 2 1 2 8 6 7
Leeds FC 5 1 3 1 6 7 6
Queen’s Park 5 1 1 3 7 12 4
Biche United 5 0 0 5 5 14 0
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
Re: TTEC qualify for Super League series
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 07:55:04 AM »
I went home last week and saw a double header. Coaching school vs Georgia, and a player got his leg broken in three places. The incident happen in the second minute and the player wasn't taken to the hospital until the second half. There were not ambulance on site, and I sat hearing the man screaming. I do not know what bush league they running down there
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 05:54:01 PM »
Everybody have car, so ah pardner could not carry the man to casualty?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »
At Pro League games ambulance is mandatory. I guess dey need 2 pt dat rule in d Super League. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>