April 29, 2024, 06:50:00 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the USA vs Mexico game (11-Feb-2009).  (Read 17573 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the USA vs Mexico game (11-Feb-2009).
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2009, 10:19:05 AM »
What has Sven done or keep doing tuh be gettin jobs? What is his strength as a manager, anybody know?

He's had domestic club success in Portgual, Sweden and most notably in Italy when he won the Serie A in 2000 with Lazio.

His highest moments came at Benfica (multiple times winners of the Portuguese league) and Lazio (Serie A 2000).

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2009, 01:13:32 PM »
Mexico's misery in Columbus continues

When history repeats itself, it's usually because the participants have forgotten the past. But when it comes to World Cup qualifiers between the United States Mexico, the script is well-known to the participants, at least when the game is on American soil: The U.S. walks off the field with a 2-0 victory, while Mexico leaves muttering to themselves. And on Wednesday, just like in 2001 and 2005, the U.S. earned a richly satisfying 2-0 win, courtesy of Michael Bradley's two goals.

Of course, there were some other similarities to past encounters. Once again, the U.S. conjured up a solid team performance that was greater than the sum of the individual parts. Mexico, yet again, contrived to squander some gilt-edged chances that they would score on if the sequence were repeated 99 more times.

(continue)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:43:57 PM by Zeppo »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2009, 01:44:50 PM »

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »
watch dem Mexicans .... looking like a bunch of f**kin hobbits.

Everybody dey is 4'13"
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The most underrated coach in the world!
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2009, 06:03:44 PM »
Bob Bradley is ah genius!! one of the most underrated coaches in the world.

boy what i wouldn't do to have him as our national team coach!

he commands respect from his players, he's poised, cool and collective yet firm, make sensible decisions and his players are technically sound .

the way i see it , the U.S. will run over every body in concacaf like ah steam roller, judging from their performance last night which was poor , but still effective enough! they held the lead, poured on the pressure and kept the intensity until bringing mexico to their knees.

i've never seen mexico so frustrated as i've seen them last night, and the U.S. didn't even played to the best of their ability. sometimes i wish i had the nerve to say fack T&T and fully support the U.S., it would've been easier on the nerves and a sensible bloody decision.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: The most underrated coach in the world!
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »
and d most over rated coach is Maturana
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »
either which way,tnt screwed
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »
either which way,tnt screwed

ill drink to that sah  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2009, 06:53:24 PM »
ah feel this thread will last a while.... bradley will be found out soon
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2009, 07:17:35 PM »

Alot sooner than the jokers who sing his praises think.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »
We catching USA at a good time. Last night I tried to watch both our game and their game as best I could, and that's why I said earlier that the US has nothing special. They might be the best in Concacaf, but the level at which we played for the first 75 mins compared with the entire US performance - we could take them for 3 points in Nashville.

Well the funny thing is that the US plays end to end football - disciplined and never has fitness concerns - and they maintain it for all 90 mins. The times they caught Mexico were at the end of the halves, and if the Mexicans weren't so mentally unstable, they could/ should have come away with at least a point from that game. Even Rafa Marquez admitted today that he lost control because he claims he was provoked. Landon Donovan is fluent in Spanish and is known to rile up the Mexicans and constantly provoke them.

Yorke, Birchall & Co. will come back with an agenda and a point to prove after they miss the Honduras game. They didn't figure in the first leg in the last round and will come out guns blazing. It is also evident to everyone that the lack of fitness was our biggest problem. It was what led to the concentration lapses and the irresponsible, lazy tackles that led to the goals. It was the reason our midfielders and forwards could not hold up the play and kill off the time.

Also, we have a score to settle with Clint Dempsey for his disrespect in the game in the US. Blade and breakfoot in order for that punk - that is, if Scotty doh take him out first this weekend.

Bradley is a decent coach, but he doesn't face scrutiny like Mats faces in TT. He has the squad because he's been inside the system for a longtime, and he is very familiar with the MLS rosters, and gets alot of co-operation from the MLS teams, unlike our PFL coaches who are usually the first to throw Mats under the bus, and toss their cap in the ring to court Jack Warner.

Even though I hate to revert to 1989, the 1 point that we got in the US was key to us making it as far as we got. This time, we need to make up for the ground we lost to ES last night, and there is no reason why we can't go to Nashville to collect rent!!

Go Warriors!

truetrini

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2009, 09:55:26 PM »
We catching USA at a good time. Last night I tried to watch both our game and their game as best I could, and that's why I said earlier that the US has nothing special. They might be the best in Concacaf, but the level at which we played for the first 75 mins compared with the entire US performance - we could take them for 3 points in Nashville.

Well the funny thing is that the US plays end to end football - disciplined and never has fitness concerns - and they maintain it for all 90 mins. The times they caught Mexico were at the end of the halves, and if the Mexicans weren't so mentally unstable, they could/ should have come away with at least a point from that game. Even Rafa Marquez admitted today that he lost control because he claims he was provoked. Landon Donovan is fluent in Spanish and is known to rile up the Mexicans and constantly provoke them.

Yorke, Birchall & Co. will come back with an agenda and a point to prove after they miss the Honduras game. They didn't figure in the first leg in the last round and will come out guns blazing. It is also evident to everyone that the lack of fitness was our biggest problem. It was what led to the concentration lapses and the irresponsible, lazy tackles that led to the goals. It was the reason our midfielders and forwards could not hold up the play and kill off the time.

Also, we have a score to settle with Clint Dempsey for his disrespect in the game in the US. Blade and breakfoot in order for that punk - that is, if Scotty doh take him out first this weekend.

Bradley is a decent coach, but he doesn't face scrutiny like Mats faces in TT. He has the squad because he's been inside the system for a longtime, and he is very familiar with the MLS rosters, and gets alot of co-operation from the MLS teams, unlike our PFL coaches who are usually the first to throw Mats under the bus, and toss their cap in the ring to court Jack Warner.

Even though I hate to revert to 1989, the 1 point that we got in the US was key to us making it as far as we got. This time, we need to make up for the ground we lost to ES last night, and there is no reason why we can't go to Nashville to collect rent!!

Go Warriors!

BULLSHIT!

The US is much more disclipined, much fittter, more sound tactically, more physical than us, Have more heart and if that was dem playing El Salvador last night the score was 6-0 at least!  The US players all know their roles and they play with a chip on their shoulders...dey feel everybody dislike dem so they eh have nutten to lose letting it all hang out.

T&T???   dat is another story,, typical west indian football, score twice and den let it all fall apart.

If we are to progress we need the type of belief and grit that Beenie isntilled into the team payche...odderwise...is we fighting for last place with El Salvador.

Not saying we cannot improve, jes saying we need to improe in all positions and real quickly too!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2009, 09:58:26 PM »
BULLSHIT!

The US is much more disclipined, much fittter, more sound tactically, more physical than us, Have more heart and if that was dem playing El Salvador last night the score was 6-0 at least!  The US players all know their roles and they play with a chip on their shoulders...dey feel everybody dislike dem so they eh have nutten to lose letting it all hang out.

T&T???   dat is another story,, typical west indian football, score twice and den let it all fall apart.

If we are to progress we need the type of belief and grit that Beenie isntilled into the team payche...odderwise...is we fighting for last place with El Salvador.

Not saying we cannot improve, jes saying we need to improe in all positions and real quickly too!

I could agree with some of that, but I sure that was not the sentiment for the first 75 mins of the game when we were up comfortably.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2009, 10:08:02 PM »
Bradley ain't no genius.  For the amount of money and time USA put into their soccer how come they not ruling the game yet?  Is decades now USA pouring millions into development and they still ain't win the big dance yet.  Why?  Because football is 90% players and 10% coaching.  Unlike all the other US sports where the coach all up in the business.  The US is leading Concacaf because of money, not talent.  Their money has bought them a concentrated brand that is very technical yes but equally boring and unimaginative.  Every time US plays against a well coached team with skillful players they get into trouble.  As soon as their formation gets broken they look like they don't have a clue.  E.g. Carlos chip to Latas.  If Carlos was a US player no way a T&T defender letting that chip happen.  But it work for us because they seldom have answers when their formation gets broken down.  They could beat up on this region on account of privilege, Bradley ain't no genius he just could afford to win.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

truetrini

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
BULLSHIT!

I could agree with some of that, but I sure that was not the sentiment for the first 75 mins of the game when we were up comfortably.

we were playing El salvador and I think even our detractors expected us to win that game...we did not.

We were lulled by our own overconfidence, into a deep sleep and we got a rude awakening.

The US would not have let that happen.

Preacher yuh talking ta-ta!

Becasue the US is better organized than us is our own fault.  bradley could afford to win because his players do little things very well and are a true team.  They play compact and support each other.  The US players are also more professional in their approacha nd attitude.

Don't hate, appreciate and learn.  The Mexicans have invested more time and money and they get theirs asses corked by the US for years now!

we not in their class by any means, yeah on any given day when the planets align precisely for us we can steal a win, truth is on more days than not they can send a B team and get the points against us!

Larger pool. better organization, better strategy, better development.....better team!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2009, 10:28:07 PM »

Comfortably?

You watch the game?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »

Larger pool. better organization, better strategy, better development.....better team!

You make my point for me, with the exception of BETTER TEAM.  Bradley ain't no genius.
They have the money to do what they do.  No hate in that.  Point is they over rated and Bradley ain't no genius.  I could see that and the rest of the football world could see.  Where did u learn what u know?   8)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2009, 10:45:50 PM »

Go Warriors!

leo could have spoken english he had personality  maturana cannot speak engliSh well  i dont know wha grit he could instill funny how people mock the usa soccer and say it is nothing special but  yet they own us in WCQ...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:48:14 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2009, 01:50:09 AM »

I don't think so, he will be there for a bit. Once they could find someone to replace #5 or get him to improve they will be okay. Their speed of play and tactical ability is greatly improving. Their midfield combination is great and they looking sharp.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2009, 02:55:20 AM »
Bradley ain't no genius.  For the amount of money and time USA put into their soccer how come they not ruling the game yet?  Is decades now USA pouring millions into development and they still ain't win the big dance yet.  Why?  Because football is 90% players and 10% coaching.  Unlike all the other US sports where the coach all up in the business.  The US is leading Concacaf because of money, not talent.  Their money has bought them a concentrated brand that is very technical yes but equally boring and unimaginative.  Every time US plays against a well coached team with skillful players they get into trouble.  As soon as their formation gets broken they look like they don't have a clue.  E.g. Carlos chip to Latas.  If Carlos was a US player no way a T&T defender letting that chip happen.  But it work for us because they seldom have answers when their formation gets broken down.  They could beat up on this region on account of privilege, Bradley ain't no genius he just could afford to win.
Sour grapes my friend! but the truth is and the truth remains, they are better than us by ah country mile.

say what you will about money invested into the game and infrastruture, americans are serious minded ppl and they hate to lose, something trinbagonians need to learn and perfect! they are also extremely dedicated when it comes to representing their country.

i was scared to watch the game after the first half BC i was afraid we were going to blow the lead we established, just like other times, for example guatemala @ the HCS, and so said so done!

sometimes i feel i would be better off supporting the USA team instead of this heart wrenching scum sucking federation!

lord help us hardcore fans of the socawarriors!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2009, 03:00:25 AM »

Go Warriors!

BULLSHIT!

Well said TT ! them men ain't honest with themselves, they just hating on ah well rounded,well oganized technically sound team.

they are all fruads and lying through their deceitful teeths!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »
Mexico lick their wounds                                                                                                                       Losing to your arch-rivals is never a pleasant experience. Just ask Mexico, who once again returned home empty-handed after a trip north to face neighbours USA. Wednesday's 2-0 defeat represents a major blow to everyone concerned with El Tricolor, and had the players, coaching staff and journalists shaking their heads in disappointment.

Widespread dejection
"Same Old Story" ran the headline in the Thursday edition of El Universal in reference to Mexico's third consecutive reverse in Columbus. The sombre tone continued in the report beneath: "El Tri slump against the United States and the outlook is bleak," with the report concluding, "The team came up short yet again as USA continue their dominance by making a winning start to their World Cup qualification bid."

The website MedioTiempo.com was in equally despondent mood as it digested the news. "Defeat, Rafa off and the same lack of response," it headlined, underlining the importance of captain Rafael Marquez's dismissal. "Mexico fans were full of hope before the game," continued the article, "but it all went wrong on a bad night for the men in green."

Mexican daily Milenio was scathing in its assessment: "Seven minutes of grit, fight and even a little bit of football. But that was it. Seven minutes of wonder and 83 of horror from a team completely overrun by their opponents, who continue to get better with every passing day." For its part, the newspaper Esto had this to say about the setback in the States: "El Tri trip up again."

Shouldering the blame
Despite the result and the general mood of gloom, Mexico coach Sven Goran Eriksson was in optimistic mood afterwards. "It was the best away game we've played since I took over," maintained the Swede. "I think we played just as strongly as United States. Unfortunately, whenever we had chances to score - and we had just as many, if not more than them - we couldn't put them away."

Meanwhile, Marquez made a public apology for his sending off. "I've already said sorry to my team-mates, the coaching staff and the FA officials, and now I want to apologise to all the fans, to my country and the press for my performance today," commented the crestfallen captain. "I was driven to do it by my temperament, my will to win and my feeling of powerlessness."

Team-mate Oswaldo Sanchez was equally forthright in expressing his feelings afterwards. "We're genuinely sorry for all the people of Mexico," he said. "I can honestly tell you that this defeat hurts us more than anyone. I wish we knew the reasons why we keep on losing in America. We felt good today, but bad luck conspired against us at the end of each half."

While expressing his regret at the result, Justino Compean, the President of the Mexican FA, said he was convinced the national side was on the right track and would still take its place at South Africa 2010. "We said we'd get to South Africa and we'll make it. And, naturally, Eriksson has our complete backing."
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2009, 02:12:37 PM »
The concacaf website with the schedules have the USA home games and the stadiums they playing at. USA v Costa Rica is the last home game for US and it on 10/14/09 and it in DC. 
USA v Honduras is in Chicago on 6/6/09 same day T&T v Costa Rica in T&T. And you know unless we looking on the web, you not seeing that game on any of the US cable stations unless the situation is a big tie all round. 
Just mentioning it cause it might be fun to go root for the other teams unless of course if they win it could jepordise our road to SA.  ;D

http://www.concacaf.com/competitions/worldcupQF/index.aspx?id=233
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »
Even Rafa Marquez admitted today that he lost control because he claims he was provoked. 

You got a link for that?
- Xavi

1]; } ?>