April 27, 2024, 10:08:39 AM

Poll

Which of two socawarrior strikers have your full backing for a sure position on the starting 11?

Jason Scotland
48 (24.5%)
Cornell Glen
27 (13.8%)
Errol McFarlane
4 (2%)
Stern John
13 (6.6%)
Darryl Roberts
9 (4.6%)
Kevaughn Connell
2 (1%)
Kenwyne Jones
93 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Striker Selection  (Read 10808 times)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Striker Selection
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »
I suppose the fact that Kenwyne and Scotland are scoring at the moment are major boosts for them, and yet Cornell Glen seems as hungry as ever and Kevaughn Connell in particular seems to have alot of potential.

pick which two you think are best to put us through the hex as starters.

it was tempting to put Hardest in as ah choice.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Striker Selection
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:55:24 PM »
KJ and Scotty. The two of them hot right now.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:02:27 PM »
KJ and Scotty. The two of them hot right now.
stueeeppppsssss.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:06:27 PM »
Daiz some seeeeerious fyahpower dey. Now to shore up de defense
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:07:47 PM »
how about you make this a little more interesting and let us choose from one striker ... since it seems that we'll most likely be starting the game with the solitary striker up front.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 09:08:59 PM »
well look baccahnal.....wid dat setta options, ah find it eh looking so hot for certain older slower strikers.
KJ and Cornell then Scotty.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:12:25 PM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 09:31:13 PM »
how about you make this a little more interesting and let us choose from one striker ... since it seems that we'll most likely be starting the game with the solitary striker up front.

That seems to be the structure we have more success with lately. KJ starting with Latas....  a fit Glen coming on for Latas will always provide some variety and pace up front. It will be interesting to see if Mats play KJ and Scotty together.  All things said, its a nice proble for the coaching staff to have.

Traditionally we have far less problems with attacking choices, we seem to struggle in the midfield and defense with finding the right mix.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »
How about KJ and Latapy?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »
Stern and Kenwyne still starting, after that Glen. Scotty could prob rip the EPL if he get a chance but he has yet to translate club success to international prowess.

Randy Patterson also have to get a call soon

The midfield will be OK...Carlos, Daniel, Latas, Birchall, York, Whitley

But the defence needs settling. What ever happened to Abu Bakhr?

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 10:33:01 PM »
Scotty could prob rip the EPL if he get a chance but he has yet to translate club success to international prowess.
that is the biggest conundrum about Jason for me
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 10:34:20 PM »
Whitley not even on de team right now.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 10:35:43 PM »
glen have to start.we need speed.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 11:02:09 PM »
I vote fuh Jones and Glen as my two choices.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 11:59:29 PM »
Jones and roberts, jones and stern. glenn and scotty is fill in players.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 06:26:05 AM »
we need to c more videos of de local team not dis 5 2 8 mins video

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 07:13:57 AM »
I say give it a rest,Stern is done at this point,to many other youthful options,plus he cannot even make the starting 11 of his club team,only injury to some of the other fowards will allow him some playing time as a Warrior......adding another set of aging legs to this team is not good medicine

Rastafari

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 07:35:32 AM »
Scotty could prob rip the EPL if he get a chance but he has yet to translate club success to international prowess.

I have a question for allyuh.........HOW MUCH GOALS YORKE WAS SCORING FOR US WHEN HE WAS RIPPING UP THE EPL?

Why wasnt the arguement the same?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 08:01:23 AM »
I say give it a rest,Stern is done at this point,to many other youthful options,plus he cannot even make the starting 11 of his club team,only injury to some of the other fowards will allow him some playing time as a Warrior......adding another set of aging legs to this team is not good medicine

Rastafari

can't agree with yuh there boss, while Stern isnt in his best form by any stretch of the imagination i still think we can't be so quick to forget his contribution to our team and he still seems fit, at the very least he deserve to train with the team and get ah bench position.

a man who has the ability to strike with both feet from near or far, in the matter of a quick turn or a trap and snap shot situation... i dont think we can really fairly leave him out.

Perhaps not start, but he's still Stern John. Say what you want but even in his terrible form, im still lured to keep faith in him. His ball control can be superb, his ability to holdup a ball on the edge of the box is also valuable.

I personally wanna see more of Connell and Scotland has proven himself a definite threat.

And hey, havin quite a few strikers in the squad will create a nice little competitive atmosphere, it'll help push the player to do their best at their clubs, in training and on the pitch for the red, white and black.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline UnWiseSage (aka Jahyute)

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 08:22:13 AM »

Rastafari

can't agree with yuh there boss, while Stern isnt in his best form by any stretch of the imagination i still think we can't be so quick to forget his contribution to our team and he still seems fit, at the very least he deserve to train with the team and get ah bench position.

a man who has the ability to strike with both feet from near or far, in the matter of a quick turn or a trap and snap shot situation... i dont think we can really fairly leave him out.

Perhaps not start, but he's still Stern John. Say what you want but even in his terrible form, im still lured to keep faith in him. His ball control can be superb, his ability to holdup a ball on the edge of the box is also valuable.

I personally wanna see more of Connell and Scotland has proven himself a definite threat.

And hey, havin quite a few strikers in the squad will create a nice little competitive atmosphere, it'll help push the player to do their best at their clubs, in training and on the pitch for the red, white and black.

ah like da yute Connell mehself, buh Stern ha meh rel disenchanted right now dred.

keep him in de squad doh... buh wit Mati yuh never know, he might start texin otherwise.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 08:43:28 AM »
people are 4getting roberts, hes one striker who will compliment jones upfront and can run, scottie too damn slow, thats if they ever play 442

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 08:52:20 AM »
The top four will be KJ, Scotty, Cornell, Daryl.    KJ is a no brainer. They will have to choose the other striker based on team formation. I will choose Scotty to go along side KJ because he’s on fire at the moment. The rest could come off the bench.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:05:16 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 09:14:59 AM »
people are 4getting roberts, hes one striker who will compliment jones upfront and can run, scottie too damn slow, thats if they ever play 442

so many coaches have seen the need to play 451 for a very good reason, defensively we porous, 451 does barely achieve what is requirred, 442 wont make much of a difference until the above stated changes, 451 is what used in 06, have u seen enough improvements in the teams performance that suggest we should adopt a different approach, 4411 maybe, but 442 only if there is a tangible tactical advantage to be gained, just my opinion
I pity the fool....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 09:17:52 AM »
so none ah dem could put de old man on de bench ??...haha.... class is class
latas have 5 real good strikers fighting for one spot..mama
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 09:25:57 AM »
good topic...
we definitely have some power and selection up front.
If these men are not scoring and creating scoring opportunities, I hope to see others get playing time and not wait for the 84th min to switch things up.
Strikers here have to fight for thier spot, so fight with goals and put some serious fyah in de back of all of our opponents' nets.
whey boy!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 09:34:12 AM »
Scotty had two very good games against Guatemala and USA with his back to goal. He held up the ball well, linked the midfield well and had a few chances himself. Everything expected of a lone forward. Some men just have one track minds and limited expectations of what a forward should be. He didn't run at nobody or drop no beats, so they don't appreciate his contribution.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »
Assuming that we going to change formation, then doh look no further than KJ and Glen.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 09:47:56 AM »
Jones and roberts, jones and stern. glenn and scotty is fill in players.

Stop drinkin yuh flecking hateorade.... I talk to Scotty recently and he say he ready to blaze the concacaf, just like he blazing the Championship  :beermug:

Give Roberts two more guava season  :o

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »
Latas, Glenn and Jaggy score today.

Glenn keeping pace with Scotty and KJ, and scoring goals in front the coach.

So Glenn still getting shaft?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 10:16:58 AM »
I think it should be a crime not to start Scotty and Jones if they both keep on rippin up the two top leagues in England so they both get my vote.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »
I think it should be a crime not to start Scotty and Jones if they both keep on rippin up the two top leagues in England so they both get my vote.

De fact that a man "rippin up" in England doesn't means he goh do de same with the national team - we need strikers who work well together etc - it's about chemistry and tactics.

1]; } ?>