April 28, 2024, 05:20:02 AM

Author Topic: U-20s lose again in Brazil  (Read 3199 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
U-20s lose again in Brazil
« on: January 26, 2009, 09:00:33 PM »
U-20s lose again in Brazil.
Trinidad Newsday.

Trinidad and Tobago's national Under-20 footballers were defeated 4-1 by the Under-23 team of Brazilian First Division club Palmeiras in a warm-up match in Brazil Saturday.

In their continued build-up to Under-20 World Cup qualifying action, the local U-20s were down 2-1 at the half-time interval.

T&T fell behind in the 32nd minute but pulled a goal back through forward Andel Noray in the 44th minute. But Palmeiras grabbed the lead again in the 46th and added further items in the 65th and 71st minutes.

Head coach Zoran Vranes' team created eight changes in the second half and despite the loss, Vranes felt his charges were improving ahead of their opening qualifying match against Canada on March 7 at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

"We made several simple mistakes which led to the goals. It was a much better performance against stronger opposition which also had U-23 professional players in the Palmeiras team," Vranes told TTFF Media

"We will continue our preparations and hope to get better results because it will do good for our confidence before we return home," he added.

T&T were due to face First Division club Guarani Futebol Club in Sao Paulo yesterday.
T&T U20s lose again.
Trinidad Guardian.

T&T’s National Under 20 footballers continued their build up to Under 20 World Cup qualifying action with a warm-up encounter against the Under 23 team of Brazilian First Division club Palmeiras on Saturday. The hosts came away 4-1 winners after leading the T&T boys 2-1 at the half time interval.

T&T fell behind in the 32nd minute but pulled a goal back through forward Andel Noray in the 44th minute. But Palmeiras grabbed the lead again in the 46th and added further items in the 65th and 71st minutes. Head coach Zoran Vranes made eight substitutions in the second half and despite the loss, felt his team was improving on the tour ahead of their opening qualifying match against Canada on March 7 at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

T&T was expected to play agains First Division’s Guarani Futebol Club in Sao Paulo yesterday. After opening Under 20 World Cup qualifying against Canada on March 7, T&T will then face Costa Rica on March 9 and Mexico on March 11.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:13:04 AM by Flex »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20s lose again in Brazil
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:16:21 PM »
More we sweat in peace time..the less we bleed in war. And given the group we get for this.....if we doh prepare enough....it might be like if we have haemophilia. Keep yuh head up fellas....once we get the result we want in the end.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:11:31 PM »
Well now at least they starting to score against quality opposition.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 11:33:12 PM »
that AND I would think that 3 years makes a big difference...ent?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:51:22 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:52:24 PM »
AND I would think that 3 years makes a big difference...ent?

I think in this case it was fitness and quality that probably kill them.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 12:03:05 AM »
AND I would think that 3 years makes a big difference...ent?

I think in this case it was fitness and quality that probably kill them.
Ya kno what I would like to see is that when there is a tryout that MORE than two players pass de damn thing.....
if only the TTFF could encourage the youngsters to do what is required to pass or even excel at these fitness tests that they give to select a team.
That would be sweet
ya kno, like what Mango was talkin about in THAT other thread
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 12:25:41 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 02:57:36 AM »
Trinidad Newsday.

T&T U20s lose again.
Trinidad Guardian.

T&T’s National Under 20 footballers continued their build up to Under 20 World Cup qualifying action with a warm-up encounter against the Under 23 team of Brazilian First Division club Palmeiras on Saturday. The hosts came away 4-1 winners after leading the T&T boys 2-1 at the half time interval.

T&T fell behind in the 32nd minute but pulled a goal back through forward Andel Noray in the 44th minute. But Palmeiras grabbed the lead again in the 46th and added further items in the 65th and 71st minutes. Head coach Zoran Vranes made eight substitutions in the second half and despite the loss, felt his team was improving on the tour ahead of their opening qualifying match against Canada on March 7 at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

T&T was expected to play agains First Division’s Guarani Futebol Club in Sao Paulo yesterday. After opening Under 20 World Cup qualifying against Canada on March 7, T&T will then face Costa Rica on March 9 and Mexico on March 11.
Happy to see this Phoenix youth in the mix. Brilliant!
Live large and prosper!

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 03:04:34 AM »
we neeed to view the games

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 07:12:07 AM »
how much yuh want to bet is the pace of the brazilian teams that we cudnt handle..
I said it before any side with pace killing our U20. They just don't seem to kno how to deal with it
Back in Trini...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 07:34:35 AM »
how much yuh want to bet is the pace of the brazilian teams that we cudnt handle..
I said it before any side with pace killing our U20. They just don't seem to kno how to deal with it
not only that the mentality is probably that they playing brazil teams so they don't think they could beat the teams and expect to lose ....they have to learn and they have to believe in what they doing .....let the beatings continue .......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 07:48:28 AM »
i obviously didn't see the game....but if we really played an Under 23 Palmeiras team, then that is a respectable scoreline.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 04:30:31 PM »
The U-20 lack pace and have mental problems. Maybe the trip was well worth it.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »
Playing against a club team of good quality can be very difficult, sometimes more so than another National selection. Club teams spend more time together, are usually very organized, with instinctive understanding and more efficient at set play.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 07:37:32 AM »
i obviously didn't see the game....but if we really played an Under 23 Palmeiras team, then that is a respectable scoreline.
I'm gonna have to disagree 4-1 is not an acceptable score!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 09:51:17 AM »
I'm gonna have to disagree 4-1 is not an acceptable score!

fair enough. I am not going off of much because I didn't see the game. So maybe you're right. And it sounds like they didn't play badly. But what are you basing your judgement on? Palmeiras is historically one of the biggest clubs in Brazil. In general, the youth teams from the top clubs are exceptionally good because of the way the system is set up. Because they expect to sell a few of their top players every year, they develop a strong pipeline of talent to replace them immediately and be able to play at the highest level in Brazil. Add to the fact that they are playing us on home soil, and they are older and I'm not surprised when we lose by at least 2 goals. Remember it's a Palmeiras Under 23 team, not an Under 20 team. It's also Brazil, so Palmeiras has a much deeper, more talented player pool to pick from than we do..even if they just stick to youths from Sao Paulo. Any Under 23 team from a respectable professional club in Europe and SA will be odds on favorite to beat our Under 20 team on home soil. At least that is the theory I was basing my oinion on. Just a generalization. The reality could be something different given these two specific teams......

respect

edit: this is probably the team they played. Plameiras B. The players seem all to be Under 23 and they play in the Paulista 3rd division

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociedade_Esportiva_Palmeiras_B
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:57:47 AM by Filho »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 12:32:49 PM »
In context the loss is not really indicative of the team's capability or lack thereof. They are missing Primus, Molino, Hyland (if he is part of Vranes plans) Gay and Steven Knox, arguably the best at their respective positions in the country. 

We need to get a final selection together and play them right thru. Games against former foes like Honduras and Peru will help them see how much they have improved.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:35:02 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »
Trinidad Newsday.

T&T U20s lose again.
Trinidad Guardian.

Happy to see this Phoenix youth in the mix. Brilliant!

nice to see scobee in d mix
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 05:24:40 PM »
Progress is Vranes seeing growth in any part of their game?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 05:45:53 PM »

Yuh implying they lazy? Before this training stint their opposition for the last 6 months was El Salvador, Surinam St. Vincent  and Guyana. And Crab Connection

If they not progressing Vranes and TTFF have only to look into the mirror to see why.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »

Yuh implying they lazy? Before this training stint their opposition for the last 6 months was El Salvador, Surinam St. Vincent  and Guyana. And Crab Connection

If they not progressing Vranes and TTFF have only to look into the mirror to see why.

Explain 2 me d dumb one how yuh get dat from d post. All I want 2 know is dat despite d defeats u seeing improvement. All yuh men in a permanent state of PMS.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »

Explain 2 me d dumb one how yuh get dat from d post. All I want 2 know is dat despite d defeats u seeing improvement. All yuh men in a permanent state of PMS.

Weary always in some cuss out
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 05:58:31 PM »

Weary always in some cuss out

I have an idiot radar.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 06:05:11 PM »

And all I want to know is if you were implying that they were lazy...and point out where I said they were improving

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 06:29:31 PM »

And all I want to know is if you were implying that they were lazy...and point out where I said they were improving

How lazy come up wit asking 4 improvement? Now is d time 2 get licks March is 2 insure dey ready 2 win.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »
Was never impressed with vranes.  He seems to be a decent coach but he does not seem to be able to bring out the best in Trini players

1]; } ?>