April 28, 2024, 03:34:48 PM

Author Topic: Why aren't some of our MOST experienced players not invited for these camps?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
 I am at a lost  as to why a player like Julius James is overlooked for  national selection at this time? What is it that he lacks or what  are the intangibles that  a local player  has over Julius in the defensive position?

Why is Avery John not a part of the national team at this time?

Why couldn't Scott Sealy warrant a try out once more?

Is Cyd Gray out of sorts?

What ever happened to Randi Patterson?
Peltier? Hyland? Samuel? Gay?
Austin, Kevin            
Boucaud, A      
Johnson, Josh         
Roberts, Darryl      
Shakes, Ricky         
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:29:41 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
I am at a lost  as to why a player like Julius James is overlooked for  national selection at this time? What is it that he lacks or what  are the intangibles that  a local player  has over Julius in the defensive position?

because its Trinidad abd Tobago...that's the best explanation I can give

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ask Lincoln/ Maturana/ Corneal/ Latapy.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
How many people you want in this camp? If you invite experience players people will say you have too much young talent not given a chance, if you invite young talent to the camp ppl like you will say where our MOST experienced players. You can't invite everybody. I can't complain with the group that was called up because a handful of those fellas have been left out for a long time and needed to be given their chance to impress. How many times will Gray and Avery get called, they are in the twilight of their careers and need to be phased out. Julius James on the other hand is a great young Center Back and I can't see anyone in that camp that is more skilled than him but even so, you can't invite everyone to the camp, somebody have to be left out. Unfortunately Julius was this time

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Sealy not in Europe somewhere trying to get a contract according to san Jose. I know Latas and them called him back in his meeting upon his return, so i fgiure he still in the frame somewhere.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

Austin, Kevin            
Boucaud, A      
Johnson, Josh         
Roberts, Darryl      
Shakes, Ricky         

This post aint making anty sense!!

Most of the players that you mentioned are playing for their clubs in the middle of their seasons or are in pre season!!

Do you expect a player like Darryl Roberts to leave his club to go Argentina?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
This post aint making anty sense!!

Like Alberta jes ketch a vaps.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
When some people decry our local professional league and question the  intensity of  our local players and training programs, it amazes me that we have nationals playing in perceived better  foreign clubs and programs, yet these players are not given ample opportunities for national selection.

I read with interest of players like Akie Edwards being called up and yet Julius James is mired in North America?
Some question the age of veteran players yet  some of these said veterans are relied upon to get us to the 'promised' land.

I stand resolve in my advocacy for local talent and opportunities for our local players. I think what we are witnessing this past year is a resurgence of and a willingness by the selectors to provide opportunities for the local professional. The question is at whose expense.? 

Is the emphasis   on developing local talent as a means to minimize the dependency of foreign  professionals?
 Our failure at the Digicel Cup indicates that this experiment is not a total success!!

If we are in fact trying to field the very  best  and most talented players, then I fail to see why players who are playing or part of teams in leagues which are perceived to be above our local standards not called up  and be given more opportunities to be in the mix?

1]; } ?>