March 28, 2024, 06:11:30 AM

Author Topic: Ze Roberto  (Read 1331 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ze Roberto
« on: January 31, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »
Spanish league champion with Real Madrid

Bundesliga champion with Munich on multiple occasions

Paulista champion with Santos

Champions' league runner up with Leverkusen

Confederations cup & Copa America winner with Brazil on multiple occasions each

If he didn't retire from int'l football after WC '06 he coulda been close if not at or over 100 caps for Brazil by now. 

At 34 going on 35 still a mainstay in B.Munich's starting eleven....

I can't say that I pay the closest attention to to him on a consistent basis, but based on what I've seen & remember he's one of the most consistent players in the game.....never seen him put a bad foot forward.

Sad that players like him could be forgotten by and large when they leave the big stage (unless he's a legend amongst his followers and I'm unaware) - what an underrated general.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ze Roberto
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »
Spanish league champion with Real Madrid

Bundesliga champion with Munich on multiple occasions

Paulista champion with Santos

Champions' league runner up with Leverkusen

Confederations cup & Copa America winner with Brazil on multiple occasions each

If he didn't retire from int'l football after WC '06 he coulda been close if not at or over 100 caps for Brazil by now. 

At 34 going on 35 still a mainstay in B.Munich's starting eleven....

I can't say that I pay the closest attention to to him on a consistent basis, but based on what I've seen & remember he's one of the most consistent players in the game.....never seen him put a bad foot forward.

Sad that players like him could be forgotten by and large when they leave the big stage (unless he's a legend amongst his followers and I'm unaware) - what an underrated general.

Great player imo. Brazilians seem to love him and the Brazilian press regarded him as one of the few players who didn't underperform in WC 2006.

In his young days he was deadly in attack in midfield and was reinvented as a more defensive midfielder at Bayern (almost identical to Anderson at ManU). On returning to play for Santos, thinking he was going to play a similar role, he asked Luxemburgo who he was supposed to mark. Luxembergo replied..it is they who have to mark you.

The man destroy in Brazil. He was great..saw him play a few times as an attacking mid. Now he is back to his understated, consistent best at Bayern. Too bad he quit Brazil..he better than anything they have in the center of midfield right now. But I suspect that contract at Bayern had a few stipulations..plus nothing wrong with retiring near the top of your game
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:44:11 PM by Filho »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:52:23 PM »
The two of allyuh couldn't just send each other an email, pm or phone call to discuss this one?

Who else on this board would really be interested in a Ze Roberto thread?

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »

Brasilian fans.

Nice post Kicker ... if he had played one season in the EPL, he wouldve ascended from legend to deity.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 03:51:26 PM »
waaaaaaaaaay....

kicker.. if i tell you, i was watching the bayern v hamburg game today and looking at ze roberto and thinking to start ah thread abt him, yuh go believe meh?

the thread was meant to discuss the most dependable players in football i.e. the players who you could start and would never have a bad game.

scratching meh head here..

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
The two of allyuh couldn't just send each other an email, pm or phone call to discuss this one?

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 04:39:34 PM »

lol  :D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »
waaaaaaaaaay....

kicker.. if i tell you, i was watching the bayern v hamburg game today and looking at ze roberto and thinking to start ah thread abt him, yuh go believe meh?

the thread was meant to discuss the most dependable players in football i.e. the players who you could start and would never have a bad game.

scratching meh head here..
that would be a best thread...the first name reach in my head as i see the synopsis for that thread was javier zanetti..but recently i see him slipping lil bit...still make that thread tho..

back to the original thread..ze roberto was always one of my favourite brazilian players..buh he never get no big set of rate up like some of his countrymen but he was always one to admire...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »
Caught my eye on the highlights recently too. Begs the question whether he'll be persuaded to stick around or will he really flash to the MLS.

1]; } ?>