June 15, 2024, 07:11:17 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool vs Chelsea  (Read 23481 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool vs Chelsea
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
man making 80,000 pounds a week to play football and complaining about where they have to play. Hush yuh dam ass and play the game. ah fed up listen to all dem spoilt footballers. Fuh 80,000 pounds ah week I would play backup goalee fuh Tobago united  ;D

Seriously though yuh team trying to win the game oh shit do yuh do and win the dam game nah. Look at when Liverpool was down 3-0 versus Mialn. Rafa ask Gerrard to move out of position and  he did his bisiness and the rest was history.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »
Because ah man make ah nasty play out ah frustration dat make his irrational and emotional reaction understandable...

But that is not very different from your rationalization for Gerrard "foul" being  a non-card.

He have a right to be pissed b/c he was fouled when the ball was knocked away from him in de first place... not fuh de uncalled foul he wouldn't have 'fouled' Malouda.

Your haste to insinuate yuhself up in the mix have yuh talking ah pack ah ass.  I referred to Gerrard's temperament because I read acb's comments to mean that Gerrard deserved a booking for his vehement dissent.  The comment had nothing to do with the actual foul.  As for the actual foul, I never rationalized it being a non-card.  I disagreed that it was card worthy in the first place.  Rationalization would be "well under normal circumstances he deserved ah card BUT, de man was frustrated and de ref shoulda really call de foul dat cause him tuh lose de ball".

I never said anything like that... I disagreed that the tackle was studs up, therefore my assertion on that basis was that it wasn't card-worthy.  It is clear that you misunderstood my statement, which is why you're trying to misapply it here.

Anyway I just watch both incidents again Zapruder style. I wish I could grab and post video because the evidence is damning.

The Lampard Card
Lampard and Alonso was a 50-50. Both Lampard and Alonso went in full pelt from about equal distance. he ball was bouncing sideways toward the touchline while both players were were moving lengthwise across teh pitch to reach it. Lampard studs was up slide, Alonso was off the ground trying to belt the ball. Both of them could have gotten a yellow. You could even use the fact that Lampard win the 50-50 challenge as a mitigating factor in the decision. What make it look bad is that Alonso own momentum send him flying over Lampard and of course the curl up and hold his foot.

I would disagree on Alonso getting a yellow... he swung his leg at the ball in an attempt to shoot on goal, there was nothing reckless about it.  Lampard not only came in with both studs up... but WAY up at that... had Alonso's leg been on the ground Lampard would have made contact just below the knee.  A studs-up tackle that high is a legitimately bookable offense.  I too disagree with the straight red... my partisan support for my team/s has never one day on this board clouded my objectivity, I always try to be fair.  Right away I said the red was harsh.

Now the Gerrard foul.

Gerrard loses the ball which rolls to Kalou. It was Kalou's ball. Gerrard runs full pelt and slides just to reach it while Kalou just stood up while it rolled to him. It was not a 50-50 ball, it was Kalou's ball. So much so that all he had to do was shift the ball to the side and side-step Gerrad who got none of the ball. Kalou was very nonchalant, didn't make a scene and barely left his feet. After Gerrad miss the ball he fly past Kalou by about 6 feet. Gerrard's studs were UP. It was what we typically call a "breakfoot tackle" not a 50-50 because the ball was all Kalou's.

I don't have the benefit of replay to look at, but I don't recall Gerrard's tackle being studs up... certainly not blatantly or egregiously so to merit a card.  That's not me being biased that's just me disagreeing on the play.  Maybe if I see it again I might agree with you... as indicated on the card Gerrard got for diving, I have no problem calling it objectively.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2009, 01:43:14 PM »

At least they can still get it right in the CL .... we'll see how it goes.

yuh loss mih dey

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2009, 01:49:53 PM »
I don't understand Malouda starting. Beletti in front of him.

Can't agree with this... Beletti's experience and position gives him the edge by a hair, but I think the pace of the English game is his undoing.  A few weeks back Craig Bellamy was undressing him at will when they played West Ham.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2009, 02:37:43 PM »
Your haste to insinuate yuhself up in the mix have yuh talking ah pack ah ass.  I referred to Gerrard's temperament because I read acb's comments to mean that Gerrard deserved a booking for his vehement dissent.  The comment had nothing to do with the actual foul.  As for the actual foul, I never rationalized it being a non-card.  I disagreed that it was card worthy in the first place.  Rationalization would be "well under normal circumstances he deserved ah card BUT, de man was frustrated and de ref shoulda really call de foul dat cause him tuh lose de ball".

I never said anything like that... I disagreed that the tackle was studs up, therefore my assertion on that basis was that it wasn't card-worthy.  It is clear that you misunderstood my statement, which is why you're trying to misapply it here.

Bakes I would say fairplay that I misread it but you need to read the posts again.

acb never mentioned anything about dissent. He said:

Gerrad get away again with more bullsh!t

Your response was:

He have a right to be pissed b/c he was fouled when the ball was knocked away from him in de first place... not fuh de uncalled foul he wouldn't have 'fouled' Malouda.

To 99% of the people watching the game and reading the sentence acb's issue was the foul. In fact acb later quoted two descriptions of Gerrard offenses to make his point and neither of them included dissent. Only you, as a fair-minded watcher would think that his dissent was a more contentious issue than the actual foul. So maybe you "insinuated" yourself into the mix too hastily.

But even if we go with that standard that Gerrard was hard done by and acb was referring to dissent. Dissent is an offence. So saying that Gerrard has a right to be pissed because he was fouled (and did not get the call) is a rationalization for his petulant behaviour. Not much different from explaining Bosingwa's reaction as the response to a series of poor reffing decisions.

I don't have the benefit of replay to look at, but I don't recall Gerrard's tackle being studs up... certainly not blatantly or egregiously so to merit a card.  That's not me being biased that's just me disagreeing on the play.  Maybe if I see it again I might agree with you... as indicated on the card Gerrard got for diving, I have no problem calling it objectively.

It was studs up. Don't know about blatant or eggregious as none of those standards apply. A studs up slide tackle is a studs up slide tackle. It was also clear during the game when they replayed it. Honestly the only reason I watched again was because I was surprised that someone would dismiss what was a clearly contentious tackle with a steups. I thought I missed something.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:02:57 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2009, 02:58:17 PM »
Obviously that was frustration on the part of Boswinga, jed.....the more you talk, bake n shark, and cuss man and call dem all kinda chupidee, the more I am convinced that you really never got a feel of this game from within the boundaries.  Yuh clearly was a person from the sidelines right through  

So wait.... lol

Because ah man make ah nasty play out ah frustration dat make his irrational and emotional reaction understandable... he must not be criticized for it?  Dat's de biggest pile ah shit ever... surprising, even by your standards.

Yuh right doh... I never get ah feel of "this game from within the boundaries"... unlike professional ballers like you.

Who you played for again, starboy?

Like your f**kking rec league turns in goal count fuh something... lol
he mustbe use to play hopscotch lol
ent professional players should show some..ahm.. professsionalism and not let things get to them  ::)

I guess yuh cyah have a tampon without the string, eh?  No matter how much....ahm..."professionalism" a player is supposed to have, men is human, too, and Boswinga, while he should have been punished, allowed his frustration of today's events to boil over into what he did.   Whenever a referee makes a mess of a game and seems to be allowing one team the kind of allowances that riley allowed liverpool today, while making the horrible decisions against Chelsea that he did, at some point somebody from Chelsea is going to lose their cool.  Dize fotball at ANY friggin' level!

No, Mr. know-it-all,

I am no more "know-it-all" than you or anybody else on this board... I just happen to know a lot about plenty, no need for fake modesty where that is concerned.  Maybe yuh should check yuh li'l inferiority complex at the door next time before yuh log on.

it's not your criticism of Boswinga's "tackle" that makes you an out-of-touch jackass.  It's the fact that you was fighting down any and everybody that was calling Gerrard's play and riley's misjudging of it the way you was and then yuh commenting on Boswinga's bad call like is something.  

you have to be a Queen's Royal c**t to try and equate what Gerrard do Bosingwa's rash and deliberate disregard of sportsmanship on that play.

You could never be humble or or wrong on aything.........as far as YOU are concerned.

You starting to sound like ah real panty, with yuh personal grievances.  Yuh arms eh tired yet from toting arung all dat beef?

For starters, though, I have played for QRC, I have played amateur football in Texas, in the military, and yes,, in a number of rec leagues in and around the nyc area (and still playing well at my age).  Man doh have to be a professional to get the feel of a professional game, otherwise most of us on here should have no opinion.  However, what I see in you, is a person who couldn't even carry my rec jockstrap.....but as ah alwys tell yuh, ther's room enough in the world fuh jackass like you, too.          

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

...hilarious.  Sarah Palin once similarly claimed foreign policy expertise on account of her seeing Russia from her 'backyard'... I think we all know how much weight that argument carried.

Incidentally, I once scored a hattrick in high school... is dat enough "experience" fuh yuh, or did yuh crystal ball not allow yuh tuh 'see' dat about me?  De two touchdowns ah once scored in ah game muss mean I should be playing in de SuperBowl later today too.

:rotfl: ... allyuh men on here is de greatest yes.  But whatever allows yuh tuh relive yuh one or two moments of past glory yes dred, lol

No KC, (King c**t) what your misty crystal ball didn't allow YOU to see is that I was happily conceding that I am no ball pro but can still relate to how the players feel.  I knew you would take it the way you did, so predict but yuh know what they say about horse and jackass.  Nobody said anything about equating their playing experience to being good enough to play professionally, so your analogy about the Super Bowl today is way off but so typical of your jackass self.  But, as it turns out, all your hat tricks against Knee High still eh learn yuh anything about de game to be objective.   All dat other shit yuh write up dey.....well....consider the source....

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2009, 03:03:34 PM »
Bakes I would say fairplay that I misread it but you need to read the posts again.

acb never mentioned anything about dissent. He said:

Gerrad get away again with more bullsh!t

Your response was:

To 99% of the people watching the game and reading the sentence acb's issue was the foul. In fact acb later quoted two descriptions of Gerrard offenses to make his point and neither of them included dissent. Only you, as a fair-minded watcher would think that his dissent was a more contentious issue than the actual foul. So maybe you "insinuated" yourself into the mix too hastily.

I didn't insinuate myself into the mix because there was no mix... acb's comment was general and open-ended, I responded.  My 'insinuated' talk was to the fact that Mango Chow decided to engage in some sort of back and forth to which I responded... to which YOU then responded.

At any rate... I more than happy to concede that I misread acb's post.  Note my statement "I referred to Gerrard's temperament because I read acb's comments to mean that Gerrard deserved a booking for his vehement dissent."  So it was in light of that that I said he had a right to dissent.

But even if we go with that standard that Gerrard was hard done by and acb was referring to dissent. Dissent is an offense. So saying that Gerrard has a right to be pissed because he was fouled (and did not get the call) is a rationalization for his petulant behaviour. Not much different from explaining Bosingwa's reaction as the response to a series of poor reffing decisions.

I agree to an extent.  Dissent is a bookable offense, however it's no where as automatic as the penalty for Bosingwa's reaction.  You can interpret my comments as rationalization and I wouldn't argue with you, except when I made the statement I was looking at it more from the ref's perspective... they will give the dissenting player some rope to let them vent.  There should be no such discretion given to a player in Bosingwa's position.  There was no "series of poor reffing decisions" in that game to even begin a justification or defense of what he did.  Liverpool suffered just as much from the inconsistent whistles as Chelsea... yet no one else lost their head the way he did... did they?  Meanwhile players from both teams dissented towards the ref, seemingly with each call.

I don't have the benefit of replay to look at, but I don't recall Gerrard's tackle being studs up... certainly not blatantly or egregiously so to merit a card.  That's not me being biased that's just me disagreeing on the play.  Maybe if I see it again I might agree with you... as indicated on the card Gerrard got for diving, I have no problem calling it objectively.

It was studs up. Don't know about blatant or eggregious as none of those standards apply. A studs up slide tackle is a studs up slide tackle. It was also clear during the game when they replayed it. Honestly the only reason I watched again was because I was surprised that someone would dismiss what was a clearly contentious tackle with a steups. I thought I missed something.

JDB... I dunno, there seems to be some sort of disconnect where you and I concerned.  I wasn't suggesting that such should be the standard before a card is given.  In my subjective opinion there are tackles which are poor because they are carelessly executed and there are tackles which are deliberately the result of malice on the part of the player.  Some, despite the absence of malice are just so "blatant" or "egregious" that they warrant booking.  To me, Gerrard's tackle was a little bit careless if anything... and I would even agree that he was rash in how he went after the ball.  To me it's a foul (which I put in quotes b/c there was little contact... not much on Malouda) as called by the ref.  The minimal contact to me and the fact that he wasn't reckless in how he challenged (we can disagree on that if you want) justified the ref's decision.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2009, 03:08:20 PM »
I don't understand Malouda starting. Beletti in front of him.

Can't agree with this... Beletti's experience and position gives him the edge by a hair, but I think the pace of the English game is his undoing.  A few weeks back Craig Bellamy was undressing him at will when they played West Ham.

Belleti have decent speed. But I find him good going forward and a lil reckless in the tackle tho. Craig Bellamy is also one of the fastest footballers on the planet.

Malouda's EPL career has been consistently below average
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:10:43 PM by Filho »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »

poor refereeing...

poor performance...

poor positioning by cech on the first goal. When a cross comes in from the right the goalkeeper needs to be favoring the near post, and be moving across to his left away from it depending on how deep the cross is coming in. Cech practically left the near post and middle of the goal open and was caught favoring the wrong side.

piss poor from ashley cole for the second goal.

gerrard should have been carded. bosingwa should have been sent off.

steups, lemme go and watch superbowl and drink something yes.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2009, 03:21:23 PM »
Undeniable class.

You would never hear anything like this from any other manager in the EPL. Had it been their player, Rafa and Fergie would say they never saw it.

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari admitted Liverpool had been the better side but called on referee Mike Riley to review his decision to dismiss Lampard.

He said: "I think the result after what happened with Lampard was normal because they had more possession and quality, but before then [they did not].

"I want the referee to look at this on television and maybe change this card for Lampard. When I look at it I see it as a foul by the other player.

"Maybe when he looks on TV he will change the red card, and we will have Lampard for the next game."

Scolari admitted one of his players had committed a far worse foul, namely when Jose Bosingwa stuck his boot into the small of Yossi Benayoun's back as the Liverpool midfielder tried to run down the clock by the corner flag.

He said: "If the referee decided to send off Bosingwa I would have understood. A red card for this I would accept, but not Lampard's."

Despite feeling the red card changed the direction of the game, Scolari conceded Liverpool had been stronger, adding: "Liverpool were better than us all game.

"We need to look again, to try again, we have many games but we are behind two clubs [in the league standings].

"It is more difficult than before but we have to fight to the end."

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2009, 03:30:02 PM »

poor refereeing...

poor performance...

poor positioning by cech on the first goal. When a cross comes in from the right the goalkeeper needs to be favoring the near post, and be moving across to his left away from it depending on how deep the cross is coming in. Cech practically left the near post and middle of the goal open and was caught favoring the wrong side.

piss poor from ashley cole for the second goal.

gerrard should have been carded. bosingwa should have been sent off.

steups, lemme go and watch superbowl and drink something yes.

mi money  on cardinals
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »
 :yawning:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »

mi money  on cardinals

I like both teams... but fuh several reasons ah pulling fuh de Cards on dis one.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2009, 04:32:12 PM »

Speaking of Benayoun... I forever criticizing de youth, but game change when he came on in the 74'.

Benayoun is a big player- I always tell yuh dat.... He save allyuh in midweek too...

The man is class and he doh stop workin'
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2009, 04:38:56 PM »

Speaking of Benayoun... I forever criticizing de youth, but game change when he came on in the 74'.

Benayoun is a big player- I always tell yuh dat.... He save allyuh in midweek too...

The man is class and he doh stop workin'

Lol... yuh know when ah was typing dat ah saying in de back ah mih mind "lawd... now ah have tuh hear Kicker come and crow about he boy", lol

He real vindicate yuh faith in him today... and ah woulda been saying dat regardless the outcome, he totally change the pace of the attack in his 15 minute run-out.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2009, 04:49:26 PM »

Lol... yuh know when ah was typing dat ah saying in de back ah mih mind "lawd... now ah have tuh hear Kicker come and crow about he boy", lol

lol  :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All in all, not a great game- both teams seemed nervous, and the ref gave Liverpool a leg up with a poor call on Lamps. 

I maintain that red cards are way to cheap in modern football- the rules need to be revised. 

In the end though Liverpool was the more positive of the two teams and deserved the points.

How Bosingwa didn't get in trouble for his UFC move, I dunno....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »
steups

yet again the chosen ones get their own thread while the outcasts are lumped into one

MODS, WHAT GOOD FOR THE GOOSE GOOD FOR THE GANDER!!!

Had I started a thread about Barca vs Espanyol it would've ended up in the La Liga 08-09 thread, yet, this is thread is allowed to go on unmitigated.

But who is Barca??

oh, by the way, Barca won!!

FC Barcelona 3-2 Espanyol
1-0 : Bojan 35'
2-0 : Bojan 48'
3-0 : Piqué 56'
3-1 : Corominas 58'
3-2 : Callejón 69'

Més que un club.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2009, 05:10:40 PM »
^^
:whistling: :notlistening:
lol

I actually wished I had watched this game.
I see something about Barca end up with 9 players?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2009, 05:25:21 PM »
steups

yet again the chosen ones get their own thread while the outcasts are lumped into one

Had I started a thread about Barca vs Espanyol it would've ended up in the La Liga 08-09 thread, yet, this is thread is allowed to go on unmitigated.

But who is Barca??

f**k off irritant

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2009, 05:27:57 PM »
JDB... I dunno, there seems to be some sort of disconnect where you and I concerned.  I wasn't suggesting that such should be the standard before a card is given.  In my subjective opinion there are tackles which are poor because they are carelessly executed and there are tackles which are deliberately the result of malice on the part of the player.  Some, despite the absence of malice are just so "blatant" or "egregious" that they warrant booking.  To me, Gerrard's tackle was a little bit careless if anything... and I would even agree that he was rash in how he went after the ball.  To me it's a foul (which I put in quotes b/c there was little contact... not much on Malouda) as called by the ref.  The minimal contact to me and the fact that he wasn't reckless in how he challenged (we can disagree on that if you want) justified the ref's decision.

Nah I wasn't saying that you suggested they were standards. Just noting that they are irrelevant. As far as the disconnect I think that you missed the replay. On first playing the commentators didn't catch it either. It really was not as benign as you describe. A studs up challenge is reason for a yellow or red card regardless of contact. A player should not get away because his opponent is quick enough to get away from a dangerous tackle. The only question with Gerard's tackle was whether it was yellow or red. Is no scene either way though.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »

Nah I wasn't saying that you suggested they were standards. Just noting that they are irrelevant. As far as the disconnect I think that you missed the replay. On first playing the commentators didn't catch it either. It really was not as benign as you describe. A studs up challenge is reason for a yellow or red card regardless of contact. A player should not get away because his opponent is quick enough to get away from a dangerous tackle. The only question with Gerard's tackle was whether it was yellow or red. Is no scene either way though.

I caught the replay... the commentator was all over the ref until he saw it himself.  He then corrected himself mid-sentence to say that the ref got it right.  I probably need to see the replay again though... but everybody but me seemingly had a problem with it, so I willing to concede that it just might be me.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2009, 06:54:29 PM »
steups

But who is Barca??

f**k off irritant

Why you does just cuss people all willy nilly. You can't say anything without cussing?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2009, 07:02:17 PM »
Whoever even say Lampard foul is a foul need to learn the game brilliant midfield tackle. The 2nd leg coming through is incidental contact. Gone with that call, on ly team in red could get PK for diving. Great tackle.

Composed reaction:
Lampard was about to reach for the ball and saw that fella looking to strike through. If lampard did not turn his foot up that would have been sure break ankle and we would have been disccussing something different. The ref drop the ball on that one.

Alonso was very NASTY with that tackle and showed intent to injure Lampard. The FA need to review the footage and ban Alonso for a game or two. He see Lampard down and you can see he made an extra effort to swing harder. NASTY.

Good Highlights
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:13:13 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2009, 08:00:19 PM »
yuh really hadda laugh at EPL officiating yes.. Check out the linesman's view of the bosingwa incident!!  :o

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GK0zh4VVdKE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GK0zh4VVdKE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2009, 08:02:58 PM »
yuh really hadda laugh at EPL officiating yes.. Check out the linesman's view of the bosingwa incident!!  :o

that was my point earlier. Look where he point the flag afterwards!!

Like the stamp never happen.

maddness!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2009, 08:09:46 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GK0zh4VVdKE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GK0zh4VVdKE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

that is the kinda football Chelsea playing these days  :D
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »

He see Lampard down and you can see he made an extra effort to swing harder. NASTY.

Good Highlights

I glad you notice it, elan, you could see it on all the replays.  It only underscores or adds to what JDB said about him but the FA ain't going to do anything about it so doh waste yuh breath.  Men like xavi and dem, when dey get mash-up I don't feel sorry fuh dem.   

giggsy11

« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2009, 08:52:06 PM »
Whoever even say Lampard foul is a foul need to learn the game brilliant midfield tackle. The 2nd leg coming through is incidental contact. Gone with that call, on ly team in red could get PK for diving. Great tackle.

Composed reaction:
Lampard was about to reach for the ball and saw that fella looking to strike through. If lampard did not turn his foot up that would have been sure break ankle and we would have been disccussing something different. The ref drop the ball on that one.

Alonso was very NASTY with that tackle and showed intent to injure Lampard. The FA need to review the footage and ban Alonso for a game or two. He see Lampard down and you can see he made an extra effort to swing harder. NASTY.

Good Highlights

You know they have a history after Lampard's tackle in 2005 broke his leg. Lampard in a recent interview said that when he called to apologise Alonso did not accept and ever since Alonso has come at him extra hard. Alonso is no angel and he embelishes the slightest contact.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 08:54:22 PM by giggsy11 »

1]; } ?>