April 29, 2024, 06:55:04 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool vs Chelsea  (Read 22663 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool vs Chelsea
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »
steups

daiz real crap >:(
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2009, 12:04:41 PM »
Too bad it wasn't gerrard dat get dat kick in he ass!.....and harder!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2009, 01:04:22 PM »
FA should stand for Facking Assholes. The incident did happen infront of the officials, including the fourth official, but clearly they did not see it. Now if they did see it and decided to do nothing, then they, the officials, should be suspended. After all the FA is responsible for the standards of officiating.

Are you sure about that?  The FA's statement says that Matadar, the linesman saw it... and replays seem to confirm it.

I also understand the rational for rescinding red cards.  There's a difference between undoing a ref's "erroneous" actions, and stepping in after the fact and refereeing the game.  Rescinding the red card isn't "re-refereeing" the game as someone said, it's simply limiting the impact of a poor decision (in the FA's eyes) to the one game and not letting it have future impact.

---------------

JDB, looking at the replay of Gerrard's foul... I have no problem with the card not being given since the challenge wasn't that reckless and there was no contact on the opposing player (yes, I understand that's not a criterion for booking)... however had he been shown the card neither would I have made any argument.

It was me and I understand what you are saying, but really is there any difference between rescinding a red card because the ref / official has seen the incident wrongly or giving a red card for exactly the same reason.  If one is rereffing the game then surely the other is or visa versa.

BTW Lampard has had his Red Card rescinded.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2009, 01:09:27 PM »
well its the least the FA could do after Riley dented Chelsea's title hopes.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »
well its the least the FA could do after Riley dented Chelsea's title hopes.

You and this pipe dream.

The most that decision do is give Chelsea 0 points instead of 1. Chelsea do nothing to even hint that they could win that game or the title.

Time for Roman to splash the cash again.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:59 PM »
FA should stand for Facking Assholes. The incident did happen infront of the officials, including the fourth official, but clearly they did not see it. Now if they did see it and decided to do nothing, then they, the officials, should be suspended. After all the FA is responsible for the standards of officiating.

Are you sure about that?  The FA's statement says that Matadar, the linesman saw it... and replays seem to confirm it.

I also understand the rational for rescinding red cards.  There's a difference between undoing a ref's "erroneous" actions, and stepping in after the fact and refereeing the game.  Rescinding the red card isn't "re-refereeing" the game as someone said, it's simply limiting the impact of a poor decision (in the FA's eyes) to the one game and not letting it have future impact.

---------------

JDB, looking at the replay of Gerrard's foul... I have no problem with the card not being given since the challenge wasn't that reckless and there was no contact on the opposing player (yes, I understand that's not a criterion for booking)... however had he been shown the card neither would I have made any argument.

It was me and I understand what you are saying, but really is there any difference between rescinding a red card because the ref / official has seen the incident wrongly or giving a red card for exactly the same reason.  If one is rereffing the game then surely the other is or visa versa.

Yes There is a difference Kev.

Referees issue cards, they are the trusted experts on the rules of the game- A referee's decision affects the game itself- because the player leaves the field and his team plays a man short.

The FA issues post-game sanctions on carded players- based on the action initiated by the referee.  So the FA is NOT making a referee's decision.  The FA is not the trusted expert on the rules of the game- they are just the sanctioning body.  The FA's decisions affects the one or two games that follow through suspension.  The FA's decision to rescind a red card doesn't infringe on the decision already made by the ref, because at that point, the impact on the game itself is already in the past...The FA's decisions/discretion is hence limited to their sanctioning power.

So in the case of Bosingwa, that's the point they are making- they're not going to card a player (i.e. make a referee's decision) if in fact, the incident was seen by the officials (which it was)...because as far as they are concerned, the referee's decision was infact made by the trusted experts on the rules of the game.

Now there are cases where the FA steps in and imposes sanctions on players for incidents that the officials didn't see.  Once again, they are NOT making referee's decision- because they have no power to impact the game (as the ref does)- they're simply exercising their power to sanction a player...because as far as they are concerned in a situation like this, unlike Bosingwa's a referee's decision was NOT made because the ref didn't even see the incident.

I'm not sure if I agree with it, (I think the FA should step in, in situations like Bosingwa's).... but in terms of separation of duties between the ref & the FA, and the whole argument of re-refereeing, the distinction between the scenarios is pretty clear....

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 02:17:02 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2009, 02:12:37 PM »
...I'm not sure if I agree with it...

lol. Good post though.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2009, 02:33:36 PM »
this thread still alive
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2009, 02:37:40 PM »
this thread still alive
thread alive......epl title dead
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2009, 02:38:25 PM »
 :devil: :devil: :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2009, 03:34:49 PM »

---------------

Referees issue cards, they are the trusted experts on the rules of the game- A referee's decision affects the game itself- because the player leaves the field and his team plays a man short.

The FA issues post-game sanctions on carded players- based on the action initiated by the referee.  So the FA is NOT making a referee's decision.  The FA is not the trusted expert on the rules of the game- they are just the sanctioning body.  The FA's decisions affects the one or two games that follow through suspension.  The FA's decision to rescind a red card doesn't infringe on the decision already made by the ref, because at that point, the impact on the game itself is already in the past...The FA's decisions/discretion is hence limited to their sanctioning power.

So in the case of Bosingwa, that's the point they are making- they're not going to card a player (i.e. make a referee's decision) if in fact, the incident was seen by the officials (which it was)...because as far as they are concerned, the referee's decision was infact made by the trusted experts on the rules of the game.

Now there are cases where the FA steps in and imposes sanctions on players for incidents that the officials didn't see.  Once again, they are NOT making referee's decision- because they have no power to impact the game (as the ref does)- they're simply exercising their power to sanction a player...because as far as they are concerned in a situation like this, unlike Bosingwa's a referee's decision was NOT made because the ref didn't even see the incident.

I'm not sure if I agree with it, (I think the FA should step in, in situations like Bosingwa's).... but in terms of separation of duties between the ref & the FA, and the whole argument of re-refereeing, the distinction between the scenarios is pretty clear....

I understand what you are saying but its really just down to semantics, if the ref gives a red card wrongly (his judgement was wrong) it can be rescinded, if he doesn't give a red card wrongly (his judgement was wrong) nothing can be done is the top and bottom of it.  Altering either decision doesn't effect that game.  I understand the rule, I understand the reasoning, but it doesn't make it right or fair.

imho dishing out cards where the ref has been too soft post match would only improve the game, whether the ref seen it or not.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »

I understand what you are saying but its really just down to semantics, if the ref gives a red card wrongly (his judgement was wrong) it can be rescinded, if he doesn't give a red card wrongly (his judgement was wrong) nothing can be done is the top and bottom of it.  Altering either decision doesn't effect that game.  I understand the rule, I understand the reasoning, but it doesn't make it right or fair.

imho dishing out cards where the ref has been too soft post match would only improve the game, whether the ref seen it or not.

Yeah it depends on how you look at it.  After seeing the Bosingwa thing I guess you have to draw a hard line.

The term "automatic suspension" is where the confusion kicks in because it gives the impression that the suspension is due soley to the ref's sanction and hence makes the suspension seem like the referee's action... therefore a reversal of such seems like the FA undoing what the ref did... The truth however is that the suspension rule is the FA's, not the refs and because all suspensions are subject to appeal, they are to a certain degree independent of the ref, and somewhat subject to the discretion of the FA (should be termed semi-automatic  ;D)...

I agree with you that the FA should be able to step in, in extreme cases like Bosingwa's... You don't need to be an expert on the laws of the game to deem that stamp suspension-worthy.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2009, 06:46:20 PM »

Yeah it depends on how you look at it.  After seeing the Bosingwa thing I guess you have to draw a hard line.

The term "automatic suspension" is where the confusion kicks in because it gives the impression that the suspension is due soley to the ref's sanction and hence makes the suspension seem like the referee's action... therefore a reversal of such seems like the FA undoing what the ref did... The truth however is that the suspension rule is the FA's, not the refs and because all suspensions are subject to appeal, they are to a certain degree independent of the ref, and somewhat subject to the discretion of the FA (should be termed semi-automatic  ;D)...

I agree with you that the FA should be able to step in, in extreme cases like Bosingwa's... You don't need to be an expert on the laws of the game to deem that stamp suspension-worthy.

...and where are those lines of extremity going to be drawn?  At what point do you differentiate Bosingwa's one incident of maliciousness from steven gerrard's (persistent) recklessness AND deceptiveness, from cronaldo's (persistent) deceptiveness, the latter two of which have, many a time, affected the outcomes of games?  Within this game alone, gerrard commited more than enough offenses that warranted a sending-off and a suspension that I believe, had riley handled properly, we likely would not have seen Bosingwa do what he did. 

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bosingwa on D
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bosingwa on D
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
that was a bullshit no call from the ref
Youtube Channel

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2009, 09:28:57 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090202/wl_uk_afp/fblengprchelsealiverpoolbosingwa

De Ref did not see.  De fella get kick is Israeli.  De linesman name is Mo (as in short for Mohammed) Matadar.  I eh saying nutten else.  ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2009, 09:36:04 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090202/wl_uk_afp/fblengprchelsealiverpoolbosingwa

De Ref did not see.  De fella get kick is Israeli.  De linesman name is Mo (as in short for Mohammed) Matadar.  I eh saying nutten else.  ;D

:rotfl:

And the usa could do nothing about it! Palestinians the world over, REJOICE!!  Allyuh men like ting eh!

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2009, 10:12:28 PM »
hold a stamp in yuh flickin spine'
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2009, 11:28:13 PM »
bad day for football
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2009, 12:09:01 AM »
What I saying is they eh call it. So I concluding they obviously eh see it. I know dam well they see it, but how on earth they ignore it I can't explain.

Okay... I got you, my bad.  You doh usually deploy weapons of mass sarcasm so yuh had mih fooled there.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2009, 12:29:35 AM »

The FA issues post-game sanctions on carded players- based on the action initiated by the referee.  So the FA is NOT making a referee's decision.  The FA is not the trusted expert on the rules of the game- they are just the sanctioning body.  The FA's decisions affects the one or two games that follow through suspension.  The FA's decision to rescind a red card doesn't infringe on the decision already made by the ref, because at that point, the impact on the game itself is already in the past...The FA's decisions/discretion is hence limited to their sanctioning power.

Now there are cases where the FA steps in and imposes sanctions on players for incidents that the officials didn't see.  Once again, they are NOT making referee's decision- because they have no power to impact the game (as the ref does)- they're simply exercising their power to sanction a player...because as far as they are concerned in a situation like this, unlike Bosingwa's a referee's decision was NOT made because the ref didn't even see the incident.

Brilliant explanation... better than anything I could have attempted.  Also, in light of your 'sanction' argument, the ref's don't decide suspensions for accumulation of cards, two yellows, reds etc.  It's up to the governing body (unless there's some FIFA mandate, as opposed to mere guidelines on sanctions).  So assuming that FIFA hasn't said "any player issues a red card absolutely must miss the next game", then the FA is only exercising it's discretion to sanction or not sanction.

As for your last paragraph about not agreeing with the FA's decision vis-a-vis Bosingway... bear in mind that they said that FIFA rules tie their hands where taking action after the fact (when the ref has seen the incident) is concerned.  So I guess your disagreement would have to be with FIFA... just to be clear if that's what you meant.

Didn't see this before posting... but this is essentially what I was saying a couple posts above.

1]; } ?>