April 26, 2024, 04:02:20 AM

Author Topic: Observation about Maturana  (Read 2648 times)

Offline everhigh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Observation about Maturana
« on: February 02, 2009, 04:07:56 AM »
Maturana was Colombia's coach in the 1994 World Cup when USA defeated them 2-1 .  Now, Trinidad & Tobago's national team played a friendly international against El Salvador in US territory one week before they were to play against the US team that had two points which was from two draws. T & T had four points in two games and USA was our third game and Maturana chose not to play our best players.  He has a history within the US that must be revised closely.  This is a link that gives some background info on Maturana in the 1994 World Cup finals which shows that he may be subject to itimidation and/or bribery.   ???  By the way today Februay 2 is his birthday, Happy Birthday Maturana. 8)

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1005385/index.htm
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:25:31 AM by everhigh »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Observation about Maturana
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 05:44:51 AM »
Shhhhh...newsflash ....Humpty Dumpty did not fall ...he was pushed ! ..police are investigating the matter ..will keep you posted .  :devil:

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:08:59 AM »
I thought the observation was the obvious - He can't coach!

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 07:56:48 AM »
I thought the observation was the obvious - He can't coach!

Blessings
:rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline goalmember

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
Interesting article - maybe that's why he took this job, he probably knew he would never be held accountable for what he does or fail to do.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
I hope he is not corrupt because he and I share the same birthday and Jah know Rasta dont work for no C I A
Then again he might be a baldhead....yeh.... :rotfl:

Rastafari

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 11:19:35 PM »
AC yuh bussing file on man, yuh bitter or what?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 11:49:24 PM »
I hope he is not corrupt because he and I share the same birthday and Jah know Rasta dont work for no C I A
Then again he might be a baldhead....yeh.... :rotfl:

Rastafari
:beermug: cheers bredren

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 08:17:34 AM »
Here is a coach who Qualified Colombia for the WC twice in 1990 & 1994, beating Argentina 5-0 on the way. Voted South American coach of the year in 1993. Took his club team to the Intercontinental Cup final vs AC Milan losing 1-0 in overtime. Won the Copa America in 2001. And yet man saying he cannot coach  :o  ::)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 10:07:49 AM »
Here is a coach who Qualified Colombia for the WC twice in 1990 & 1994, beating Argentina 5-0 on the way. Voted South American coach of the year in 1993. Took his club team to the Intercontinental Cup final vs AC Milan losing 1-0 in overtime. Won the Copa America in 2001. And yet man saying he cannot coach  :o  ::)

Obs you eh know we like to play we is better coach than the professionals  :devil:
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »

All bribes and good fortune.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 10:39:06 AM »

Papa yuh know what Napoleon said "Give me lucky Generals"
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 10:42:40 AM »

Maybe he have ah obeah manon he payroll.  People here will always have their issues with Maturana.  If he win, is either luck, the players, or the squad somebody else select.  If he loose then he is ah goat and ah dumbtist.  I would be curious to find out how many in here have coaching experience at any level other than de chiren in de community dey from ::)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 12:31:18 AM »

Papa yuh know what Napoleon said "Give me lucky Generals"

Lol... your turn to miss my sarcasm now.

1]; } ?>