April 25, 2024, 05:55:49 AM

Author Topic: Jack scores as FIFA team beats Nigeria organisers  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack scores as FIFA team beats Nigeria organisers
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:23:02 AM »
Jack scores as FIFA team beats Nigeria organisers
T&T Newsday

A FIFA team, led by Vice President Jack Warner came away with a 2-1 victory against a Local Organising Committee team in Nigeria on Sunday night.

Warner and his delegation took a break from their hectic schedule to play the friendly football match against the LOC team.

The Trinidadian, who was unanimously elected captain, proved to be a valuable asset to the team.

The FIFA VP wearing the Number 9 shirt not only scored the winning goal but he also assisted the FIFA team in setting up their first item.

The game which was played at the Abuja National Stadium kicked off just after 6 pm local time.

Just two minute into the first half Warner collected a pass and expertly directed the ball to his striker Christopher Axer , who made good to score the first goal.

The FIFA team was intent on keeping the lead, and managed to keep the Nigerian LOC team on their half of the field for most of the game .

However with just seconds to go before the first half whistle, one of the LOC officials got past FIFA defender Dr Amos Adamu and found the back of the net.

As he walked to the dressing room, the FIFA VP joked with media, ‘’We have given them a chance but trust me this game will be ours when the final whistle is sounded.”

As the second half resumed both teams emerged with new energy, determined to be the victors of this historic match as new strategies and new defending plays emerged.

Several changes were also made to the line up with TTFF General Secretary Richard Groden put to guard the FIFA goal

Strong defending on both sides kept the score at 1-1 and FIFA’s Christopher Axer came close to securing the victory for his team but the LOC goal keeper read the play early and managed to give his team a lifeline as the seconds wound down.

With just two minutes left in the game , FIFA striker John Schumacher was fouled in the penalty area and the referee awarded the FIFA team the penalty kick .

As the team huddled together to make the decision as to who would take the deciding shot, it was the captain Jack Warner who walked up to the spot.

As he ran up to the ball , all held their breath as it was a do or die moment for his team, but Warner made good on his promise of a victory and scored.

After the game Warner told the media that it has become a norm for the inspection delegation to play against the LOC as it injects some fun into a normally stressful situation. “I may not be as young as I once was but the game is still as much fun as remembered,” he said.

Commenting on the game Warner jokingly said “In the end it is always the best team that wins”

The Nigerian Local Organising Committee, printed special uniforms for the FIFA delegation, and Warner explained that it has become customary for the committee to use its team’s uniform.

Warner and his 18 team delegation will resume their inspection tour on Monday morning.

So far the team has visited four sites and Warner while expressing concerns about the ability of the local contractors to meet the required FIFA deadlines says he is optimistic that the LOC will keep their promises.

Warner spoke to members of the local government and the media at the Nnamdi Azikiwi Stadium in the Enugu region on Sunday after the inspection tour.

“I have to submit a report to FIFA on the progress that has been achieved since our last meeting, while you have given your assurances that the required works will be done my report will reflect all that still needs to be done, nevertheless I have no reason to doubt your commitment in making it all a reality”.

Nigeria was selected to host the Under-17 World Cup in 2006.

TRINIDAD and Tobago's Jack Warner (No 9), third in front row, and Richard Groden, seventh from left, back row line up with the FIFA team in Nigeria.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

Re: Jack scores as FIFA team beats Nigeria organisers
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:27:11 AM »
The LOC made up of retarded chirren from de Blind Institute or wha?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:04:28 AM »
I would pay a million dollars to see that game.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:27:48 AM »
 :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:41:20 AM »
Call him up!!  :D
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 07:47:40 AM »
who have highlights?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 07:51:45 AM »

i couldnt agree more.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 08:15:42 AM »
I hope JW is not the one responsible for handing out their team's bonus.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »
The LOC made up of retarded chirren from de Blind Institute or wha?

Allyuh men over cracking me up  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks.

Give Warner credit. He score he penalty. How much Trinis does throw dat away on the national team. :devil:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 08:36:06 AM »
Dem Jamaicans and Gautemalans done saying how jack pay off de ref dais why he team get ah Penalty.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 08:37:40 AM »
could just imagine jack on de field.....mmmmmmmmaaaammmmman on
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 10:10:03 AM »
Jack bombing in the white boots!!!!
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 10:13:15 AM »
the original no 9, respect  ::)  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:18:47 AM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 10:15:45 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 10:19:01 AM »
 :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »

ehhh .... Jack balanced in a suit and loafers.
Eto'o done lost that ball.

doh get tuh tuh tuh tuh tuh ttttttttie up nah.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 10:24:15 AM »

ehhh .... Jack balanced in a suit and loafers.
Eto'o done lost that ball.

doh get tuh tuh tuh tuh tuh ttttttttie up nah.

as long as Eto eh ask jack to help him stretch  :rotfl:

"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »
am seeing a different side of Jack Warner . pleasant  ;D

an u guys must know am one of his critics . its all good though. :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:24:03 AM by CaribMan »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 12:49:28 PM »
could just imagine jack on de field.....mmmmmmmmaaaammmmman on

:rotfl:
Hart for president

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 01:02:25 PM »
Warner to give Nigeria 'bad report'
Trinidad Express
Tuesday, January 27th 2009

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner met with the Nigerian Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Alh Muhammed Adamu Aliero, in Abuja yesterday, advising him that he will be forced to submit a "bad report" to FIFA on his country's preparations for the hosting of the FIFA U-17 World Cup later this year. Warner is currently in Nigeria conducting a ten-day inspection tour to determine the African nation's ability to host the global competition. During the breakfast meeting held at the minister's private residence, the FIFA VP spoke candidly about his findings thus far.

"Mr Minister, I have been to five stadia thus far and I must tell you in many ways we are unhappy with what we are seeing. I have to submit a report to FIFA on February 5, which is less than a month away and I want you to know that report will not be a good one.", Warner was reported as saying.

He added: "As the world rides the waves of this uncertain time, it is up to us to ensure that our population does not sink into the abyss of despair. Governments have the power to do so, minister I know that football is Nigeria's number one sport and I'm appealing to you, use your influence to ensure that the required works are completed in the stipulated time periods."

The FIFA VP added that sport development is an integral component of the development of any nation.

"Let this U-17 World Cup be your legacy to not just the next generations but generations to come." The Nigerian Minister took notes as his guest of honour highlighted the areas which needed special attention. Before closing the breakfast meeting Minister Aliero assured Warner and his 18 member delegation that Nigeria will be ready for the world tournament. "Nigerians are not the best with timing, just give us 30 more days and I assure you the changes will be made."

The FIFA VP will continue to tour the country over the next five days.

I did not see this posted so I put it here. Look out for a U-17 WC in the near future. :devil:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »
Trinidad Express

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner met with the Nigerian Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Alh Muhammed Adamu Aliero, in Abuja yesterday, advising him that he will be forced to submit a "bad report" to FIFA on his country's preparations for the hosting of the FIFA U-17 World Cup later this year. Warner is currently in Nigeria conducting a ten-day inspection tour to determine the African nation's ability to host the global competition. During the breakfast meeting held at the minister's private residence, the FIFA VP spoke candidly about his findings thus far.

"Mr Minister, I have been to five stadia thus far and I must tell you in many ways we are unhappy with what we are seeing. I have to submit a report to FIFA on February 5, which is less than a month away and I want you to know that report will not be a good one.", Warner was reported as saying.

He added: "As the world rides the waves of this uncertain time, it is up to us to ensure that our population does not sink into the abyss of despair. Governments have the power to do so, minister I know that football is Nigeria's number one sport and I'm appealing to you, use your influence to ensure that the required works are completed in the stipulated time periods."

The FIFA VP added that sport development is an integral component of the development of any nation.

"Let this U-17 World Cup be your legacy to not just the next generations but generations to come." The Nigerian Minister took notes as his guest of honour highlighted the areas which needed special attention. Before closing the breakfast meeting Minister Aliero assured Warner and his 18 member delegation that Nigeria will be ready for the world tournament. "Nigerians are not the best with timing, just give us 30 more days and I assure you the changes will be made."

I did not see this posted so I put it here. Look out for a U-17 WC in the near future. :devil:

I think this is being sensationalized a bit.

Jack's not doing anything different from the criticisms levelled against South Africa falling behind on their progress for 2010. If anything, this should motivate Nigeria to pick up the pace so that they're not scrambling last minute.
... and from the looks of it, Minister Aliero understands what he and his country needs to do.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »
Trinidad Express

The boss talks,is not only we minister does get it,he only doing his job it could happen to anybody.

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 05:01:12 PM »
de boss talk?  jack send ah clear message pass change nowwwwww

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 06:00:42 PM »

dont say that too loud, jack might give yuh a call

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Jack Warner gives Nigeria time limit
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 09:57:04 AM »
Warner gives Nigeria April ulitimatum
Source: - Trinidad Guardian

FIFA Vice President Jack Warner has given Nigeria until April to implement the critical changes required to successfully host the U-17 World Cup. Warner made the comments at a press conference on Friday night in Abuja following a ten day inspection tour of the African nation. While speaking to members of the media, the FIFA VP stated that only two out of the nine stadia he and his team inspected are ready to host the world tournament later this year.

“Various elements must be present at each venue, and these elements are not limited to the physical infrastructure of the facilities, but the surrounding environment but also be World Cup ready. We inspect not only the stadium, but the surrounding health facilities, infrastructural development, media outlets. I must report from what we have seen only two venues have met the FIFA stipulated requirements” Warner told the media.

Warner and his delegation will be meeting at the FIFA headquarters in Zurich on Thursday to discuss the recently concluded trip. “A report must be presented to FIFA on what we have seen. This is my fourth visit to Nigeria relating to the U-17, I have made several recommendations to the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) on what must be done. We have been given assurances that the required work will be completed. I will return in April, and at that time serious decisions will have to be made if these recommendations are not followed.” The FIFA VP went on to say.

During the inspection tour Warner met with Nigeria’s Vice President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan and several members of Government. “Your government has given me the assurance that when I return in April I will be pleasantly surprised. I know that the Vice President has gotten involved in preparation activates and I am hopeful that these promises will materialise.”

Nigeria was selected to host the U-17 in 2006 and the African nation successfully hosted the Youth Tournament in 1999. “I have seen what Nigeria can do and in my heart I know you are a country of great potential and surprises. But the same mix used to host a tournament in 1999 cannot be applied in 2009. FIFA has made several changes to the rules and policies which govern these tournaments. I know that Nigeria has what it takes and I am optimistic that when I return in April you would have shown the world what I know you are capable of doing.” Warner added.

As he walked out of the packed press conference, the FIFA VP smiled and said thank you to his hosts the LOC organisers and the Nigerian people for their hospitality. Warner, who heads the FIFA Youth Committee, will now be preparing for an inspection of his home country
An eight member inspection team is expected to arrive in T&T on Carnival Monday. The team will assess this country’s ability to host the U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2010.

“There are stipulated policies and guidelines which govern the hosting of all FIFA tournaments and the same questions which have been asked of the Nigerian officials are the same questions which will put before the organisers in Trinidad and Tobago.”

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

1]; } ?>