April 27, 2024, 10:35:28 PM

Author Topic: Game Report Guatemala Vs T&T  (Read 1522 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Game Report Guatemala Vs T&T
« on: March 28, 2005, 02:39:22 PM »

FIRST HALF

2nd min:    Throw in by A. Pierre (#16), somewhat long
4th min:   Gua attacker missed the ball after a big kick ….  Another good scoring  chance
               was missed by Gua in the 6th.  Also kick over the goal in the 9th min by Gua.
10th min:   Nice dribbling by Jones (#15).   Stern John off side in the 11th.
17th  : Goal by Gua ( #11 Ramirez).  Ball moved under the glove of Hislop. Goalkeeper’s fault true, but Ramirez (who is one of the two persons to be marked all the time) had  all the time in the world to decide if to pass the ball or shoot. The T&T defense seem to be frozen, and that was after the loss of the ball by John.  To me it looked as though Ramirez backed up off the ball then shoot, and the shot was not powerful.  The poor performance of the T&T defense would continue through out the game. 
24th :  Very good free kick by Yorke
30th min:  Classic football by Gua: Ramirez sets up the play and Ruiz (#20) scores. Good goal by Gua.
32nd min:   T&T (#15 Edwards) scores.  The raucous crowd went silent. My Vincy partner who was at the door came back shouting T&T, T&T.  Trying to be incognito I could not celebrate.   The goal was somewhat of a lucky goal as it had the inadvertent assistance of a Gua defender (the ball deflected off the body of the Gua defender).
38th min:   Gua scores: header by Ruiz (#20).   This goal again indicated extremely poor defending by T&T. Ruiz and another Gua player (#16) were wide open and in the mouth of the goal.  T&T had to make sure two players were marked (#20 Ruiz, and Ramirez) and on that score they clearly failed.  Is that the fault of the coach or the players. 

Goals #1, and #3 by Gua were easily preventable, the defending was disgraceful.
T&T clearly needs one more good defender and  another good midfielder. Most of the first half except for the first 15 minutes was played in the T&T half of the field. I don’t remember the T&T attackers being in the Gua box more than twice.

SECOND HALF

1st min: Offside goal by Gua
4th min:  Something of a bicycle kick by John (I think)
8th min:  Good pass by Yorke to Edwards (?) or John
10th : Cross and miss by Gua
15th:   Very good shot on goal by Dwight Yorke.
16th:  Yorke broke  up a good attack by Gua and pass the ball forward into the box … eventually to a header by Eve or John.
18th:  Hard tackle of a  threatening Gua attacker by Yorke, and I think that it resulted in a yellow card on Yorke.
22nd:  Good save by Gua goal keeper – he moved out to reach the T&T attacker.
23rd : Good attacking by T&T (#10, or Edwards).  Hard foul on the T&T attacker by Gua, but it was not called by the ref. Yorke complained bitterly almost putting himself in a position to receive a yellow card. But no action was taken by the ref either with respect to the foul or Yorke.
25th:  Good dribbling by #8 Eve and shot on goal.
27th:  Nice setup and shot on goal by Yorke.
33rd.  Goal #4 for Gua .   The tall T&T defender (I think #13, even though that number is not on the list) simply gave up after he was passed by the Gua attacker. The T&T defender simply stood up and watched the man shoot. No chasing down the man or trying to put a leg in front of the ball.
36th : Good save by Hislop.
39th:  Good dribbling and moving  the ball down the middle of the field by Yorke, then a pass forward.
40th: subs
43rd:   Goal #5, the crowd went wild. They started singing Gua football songs or the national anthem.  Some were shouting 6,6,6,6, en espanol.

1]; } ?>