April 29, 2024, 11:45:42 AM

Author Topic: Final warm up before El Salvador clash.  (Read 4842 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Final warm up before El Salvador clash.
« on: February 02, 2009, 03:22:45 PM »
Final warm up before El Salvador clash.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior footballers will have their final warm up encounter before departing for El Salvador tomorrow (Wednesday) when they face off with Argentine Second Division club Atletico Los Andes in the city of Lomas de Zamora in the Buenos Aires Province.

This will be the fifth match on tour for the visiting “Soca Warriors” who are unbeaten thus far. Head coach Francisco Maturana and assistant coach Russell Latapy have finalized their 20-man squad for the 2010 World Cup qualifier on February 11 and this will be made public on Tuesday.

Latapy will take full charge of the team during the first few days in San Salvador as Maturana heads to Los Angeles to view the El Salvador versus Peru friendly international on February 6. He will join the team in El Salvador a day later with the overseas-based pros arriving on Sunday.

T&T assistant team manager Peter Rampersad headed for El Salvador on Monday and will ensure all arrangements including team pick up upon arrival and check in services are on spot for the arrival of the team on Wednesday night. He will be joined there by assistant coach Cesar Maturana who was in Honduras to view the Central American (Uncaf) Cup.

The technical staff was also pleased about the current progress of the overseas pros who are all injury free and coming off regular appearances for their respective clubs. Latapy has been in touch with the players themselves and the club management depending on the matter at hand.

“So it goes in international football because you have to remember that these clubs are the ones who pay the wages so there always needs to be a good relationship and proper communication between the us and the clubs,” Latapy told TTFF Media.

“I am aware that there has been ongoing contact at times in the past too but in my capacity, knowing how things occur in Europe at the clubs, i think my input can be useful and that’s what I’m trying to do. Club managers always appreciate it when there can be good communication to ensure that the player is well looked after and likewise from our end we want to know that they understand the value of players to the country and that there’s a mutual respect and understanding,” Latapy said.

Maturana will be hoping for an early birthday present in on February 11, eight days before he celebrates his 60th birthday on Monday. The “Soca Warriors” were enjoying a “birthday cake” desert after dinner as Media Officer Shaun Fuentes celebrated his 28th birthday on Friday. TTFF Special Adviser Jack Warner also turned 66 last Monday.

This week though Maturana has completed one year at the helm of the Senior Team. Since taking over last February,  Maturana has led T&T in twenty eight full internationals, winning 16, losing five and drawing seven matches. Of those twenty eight matches, eight have been World Cup qualifiers in which T&T have won four, drawn two and lost two.

Maturana has been recognised and acknowledged at almost every turn in Argentina, having coached at the club level here in the past, also leading Colombia as head coach to the famous 5-0 victory over Argentina in Buenos Aires during the 1994 World Cup qualifying campaign. That team had the likes of Fredy Rincon, Faustino Asprilla and Carlos Valderrama.

“It’s always difficult to be satisfied as a coach even if it’s one year or ten years. Progress is important and that is what gives us the pleasure as a coach… to see the players and the team progress. We set goals and when we achieve them.. whether it is the ultimate one.. then maybe we are satisfied,” Maturana told TTFF Media.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:33:33 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: Final warm up before El Salvador clash
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:52 PM »
Maturana has been recognised and acknowledged at almost every turn in Argentina, having coached at the club level here in the past, also leading Colombia as head coach to the famous 5-0 victory over Argentina in Buenos Aires during the 1994 World Cup qualifying campaign. That team had the likes of Fredy Rincon, Faustino Asprilla and Carlos Valderrama.

I guess this is the basis for Matu claims to fame as a coach.  Few coaches can point to such an accomplishment in Argentina.  Big time players!!

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Final warm up before El Salvador clash.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 03:51:35 PM »
I don't want to sound negative , but I find these warm up games to laid back.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 03:59:41 PM »
I must say I like the sound of things ahead of the Feb 11 game. We are in contact with foreign pros and their clubs; head coach off to do scouting of opponent; assistant coach taking in UNCAF tournament...we seem to have learned a thing or two from previous campaigns.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 04:14:29 PM »
Che,
         This was long overdue. I hope for the next game they will get more intense. But this is the best that we can get for now.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 04:16:07 PM »

Lemme guess.  You'd prefer if we had played England, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, or Germany right?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 04:16:40 PM »
I don't get it...why play only second division clubs?  No first division teams wanted to play?  Or maybe because this is only the sort of "B Team" they think that is the level?  I think probably a first division Argentina club (and not one of the better ones like Boca Juniors) would probably be about the level of El Salvador or maybe Honduras.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:18:29 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 04:19:55 PM »

Lemme guess.  You'd prefer if we had played England, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, or Germany right?

Oh no, here we go again............... :D :rotfl:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 04:23:16 PM »

i'm sure he meant the intensity...from all the highlights the Argentine teams seem uninterested...but then again it is better than playing nobody

but we should have carded a friendly against an international team along with the tour.... but say wa

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »
but we should have carded a friendly against an international team along with the tour.... but say wa

I thought Chile was originally scheduled but pulled out

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 05:10:50 PM »
We were supposed to play Chile Jan. 24th I believe, but the match was cancelled. That is the second time in a year they cancelled with us... Tallman?

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 05:11:41 PM »

yea but we couldnt get on the phone with another South American/Central American Country?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
Blame TTFF for that. But right now it is most important to get these guys in the right frame of mind. They playing games everyday and bringing up their fitness lever a notch up. I hope they will able to get in sync with the English based players.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 06:09:15 PM »

i'm sure he meant the intensity...from all the highlights the Argentine teams seem uninterested...but then again it is better than playing nobody

That is exactly what I meant. Thanks Small Mag. Some men on this site does let they blood boil to easy boy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:20:27 PM by che »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »
Onward 2 El Salvador
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 07:58:19 PM »
<a href="http://ca.youtube.com/v/-QiLlqYdx4s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://ca.youtube.com/v/-QiLlqYdx4s</a>
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:59:55 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 08:51:35 PM »

yea but we couldnt get on the phone with another South American/Central American Country?

playing teams from argentina in the 1st and 2nd div is better than playing guyana or any caribbean team, these are the teams that produce the future stars for argentina, they also play a similar brand of football to el salvador, from the video 2010 posted it looks like a good run, south americans love their football, even if its a practise match they will play to their fullest. yes it would have been good to get a national team, but these teams were an excellent warm up for el salvador.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 09:01:13 PM »
Glen's goal looked impressive. But his other two chances he should have burried.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »
<a href="http://ca.youtube.com/v/-QiLlqYdx4s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://ca.youtube.com/v/-QiLlqYdx4s</a>

nice little crowd
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 09:42:47 PM »
dem fellas could not beat grenada dread
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 09:54:58 PM »
well taken goal by Glen, but 2 throw way child.. Based on what i've seen, out of everybody, Glen earn he pick..

any word on how Pacheco making out?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 11:26:34 PM »
well taken goal by Glen, but 2 throw way child.. Based on what i've seen, out of everybody, Glen earn he pick..

From what I seeing that defense not looking good at all.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 11:42:32 PM »
Die-hard,
            It hard to believe that they could not beat Greneda.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 11:57:55 PM »
Theobald really step up to de table.  He handling it jes like yorkie

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 01:01:57 AM »
He handling it jes like yorkie

blasphemy!!!
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 02:15:08 AM »
I doh mean to be hard on Glen but them kinda miss is the difference between playing for big club and small club.  How in the world Latas pick he out with the out side right?  I don't know.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 05:18:24 AM »

Lord....what else is new??...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 08:15:02 AM »
Shaun Fuentes...thanks for the videos of the tour...it means a lot
also...happy belated birthday to you...Jack warner and Mats birthday to come...just tell maturana to keep talking tuh we nah...dais all
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »
Ball LATAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 11:11:34 AM »

Ah go co-sign that wit de Obama pen. Edwards boi still doing scissors in the box. 

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>