March 29, 2024, 12:04:25 AM

Author Topic: Jack get he money  (Read 1294 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack get he money
« on: February 02, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »
Now watching Gayelle (is my only Trini news source in Grenada, amen for it)...
See the ministry has "reimbursed" the ttff for money spent on salaries etc...i missed most of the report so I sure more local based could say exactly how much money ( i think i heard $6million) and what it supposed to cover.
Funny part was i heard jack saying how this shows that TTFF is being transparent in its affairs
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 05:40:59 PM by NYtriniwhiteboy.. »
Back in Trini...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Jack get he money
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 05:39:39 PM »
... Funny part was i did hear jack saying how this shows that TTFF is being transparent in its affairs ...

Well one would hope that the government asked for "receipts".
If they didn't, and costs/ books were not disclosed, it would show that the current administration is more stupid and corrupt than initially thought. 
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack get he money
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:56:40 PM »
Receipts that can b made up. I just hope when dey release money d other day they did not include Jack money. If not he get pay twice.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
'New era' starts as TTFF get Ministry cheque
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 10:11:09 PM »
'New era' starts as TTFF get Ministry cheque
Trinidad Express.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation yesterday expressed their "sincerest appreciation" to Sports Minister Gary Hunt after the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs yesterday handed over a cheque for $ 6,535,500.00 at the Ministry yesterday.

The sum was reimbursement for the salaries paid by the TTFF to members of the technical staff assigned to the Football Federation.

TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner told the media the gesture represents a new era in the relationship between the Sports Ministry and the TTFF. But he was also cautious in his response.

"Mr Minister," Warners said, "while we are grateful that your Ministry is now paying the salaries of the technical staff there are many outstanding issues which need to be addressed. The sums owed for developmental activities for the period 2007-2008 remain outstanding. I trust you understand that the programme utilised to prepare our players consists of various elements. I hope that we can meet very soon to resolve the issue."

However, Warner again expressed his gratitude to the Ministry and saw the initiative as a positive step.

"Mr Minister I know that you understand the importance of our 2010 World Cup campaign and we at the TTFF look forward to your support. Let us understand and ensure that the dreams of our young people are materialised."

1]; } ?>