April 23, 2024, 08:50:40 AM

Author Topic: Squad named for WCQ vs El Salvador.  (Read 18638 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Squad named for WCQ vs El Salvador.
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »
It seems Scotty asked to be left out

They have a FA Cup game vs Fulham at 12 30pm UK Time Saturday.... he would have reach UK at some time on Friday

Give up a chance to impress at home vs an EPL Squad or Come to El Salvador...have to see Maturana and Akeil Edwards and only play like 30 minutes for the absolute most?

I with Scotty this time....he'll come for the Honduras and USA Double header on 28th March and 1st April

we have KJ..Stern and Glenn.. if we cant score against El Salvador without Scotty we in rell shit

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 02:16:15 PM »
Line up the troops:
                            Ince
     Spann   Lawrence        Thomas    A. Edwards

C. Edwards  Birchall      Yorke       Daniel

Latapy
                           Jones

Sound the Point Fortain Engine Room   :violin: :challenge: :applause: :whip: :busshead: :banginghead: :party: :notworthy: ;D

that lineup looks good to me ;D

Go WARRIORS!!! we looking for a win- nothing less!!! ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
9 in 9 and Scotland get left out. Form is form. Ah well so it go, everybody can' get picked.

As I read it, Scotland didn't get left out.  His manager basically asked that he be excused from this game.  9 in 9 or not, I don't believe he was going to start ahead of a fit Kenwyne Jones and seeing that T&T has been playing with a lone striker since Maturana has been coach, I don't believe Scotty was going to start anyway.  Is not like we exactly short in the striker department.  I see it as a positive move.  Scotty club happy, de player while I'm sure he would have liked to have played would not be frustrated sittin on de bench, he'll play a high profile televised FA Cup tie, TTFF have managed to create some goodwill with Scotty's club and they have one in dey back pocket when comin to dealin wit Swansea manager in de future.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:49 PM »
Good team selected but don't really understand the Spann call at all. And I agree with most posters here that the backline real thin. I am glad to finally see Trent Noel make the cut.  Hopefully he start in the Mid with Me Mum, Yorke, Daniel Carlos & Latas.  Them two (Noel & Birchie) could do all the dirty work in the mid,so Yorke & Latas could pull the strings.  And once we on top we could take off Yorke for Theobald and Latas for Glen.  It will definitely be 4 5 1, with Latas just behind Jones.  We could more than beat El Salvador with this squad.

My prediction is a 2-1 victory.

Who scoring first? and who scoring our two goals?  ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2009, 02:29:44 PM »
Something bothering me about that whole Scotty situation.  Just a few months ago Scotty was raising fuss about not playing.  Then he started the next two games against Guatemala and the US.  Now that we in the hex, the real deal, how on earth can he choose his club over T&T?  

He can't be crying fuh playing time on one hand and then asking to be excused on the other hand.  That makes no sense to me atall.  When the competition fuh places at the striker position is so tight I would want to try and stake my claim to one of those places from de start of de hex.  If Kenwyne Jones and Stern John or Cornell Glenn start  scoring regularly fuh T&T in de hex Scotty will be on the outside looking in.

So Scotty if yuh ass riding de bench fuh de rest of de hex doh blame nobody but yuhself.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2009, 02:32:17 PM »
what happen if Akile Edwards get injured? who going in de left back ???

I guess since Spann playing out of position anyway he will be cover at LB in case of injury and Carlos would have to slot in at RB?  Still would have prefered to see Pacheco or Avery in the squad instead of one of them midfielders who not likely to play much part anyway (Theobald/Leon/Noel/Wolfe).  Do we really need ALL them men sitting on a bench in San Salvador?  We really need another LB pushing Aklie in practice - he shouldn't feel like his starting place is automatic - especially since he hasn't done anything noteworthy to earn it.

--------------Ince----------------

spann--thomas--lawrence--edwards

---------yorke-------birchall-------

edwards-------latapy--------daniel

--------------Jones---------------

Glen for Latas
Noel for Birchall
Stern for KJ

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »
i've always been a big stern fan, but his team is mid table strugglin he barely gehin play while scotland is a regular for swansea who are on the verge of powering into a knock out spot and he's one of the top scorers in the league.

stewps.

keep pluggin away Jason, soon enough they can't ignore you.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »
Something bothering me about that whole Scotty situation.  Just a few months ago Scotty was raising fuss about not playing.  Then he started the next two games against Guatemala and the US.  Now that we in the hex, the real deal, how on earth can he choose his club over T&T? 

Simple answer, KJ came back from injury against Cuba and put his ass back on the bench

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2009, 02:42:03 PM »
my prediction- okay this should be good for a laugh :rotfl:

Glen scores first (Latas comes in for 2nd half) from a cross by Carlos Edwards
Stern scores 2nd goal before half time from a fumble in the goal box

in 2nd half we play more defensive (is that even possible???)
then El Salvador scores from a free kick because Aklie Edwards brought a man down outside the box

we make another score through a Latas run through the middle from an early pass from Birchy at the 10 yd line

how you like that? I could write a book or what? ;D

score 3-1 !!! we win!!! :beermug:

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2009, 02:45:35 PM »
Arrow yuh not feeling good or wha? How yuh serious so?
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2009, 02:46:27 PM »
Could neva agree with a 3-5-2 still have vision of d big belly shortpants man on June 15th 2008 at MLS.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »
JC...look out for the tale of two testicles part deux  :devil:

From the squad chosen...it looking like a 3-5-2 we going and run.

Hislop   Lawrence  Keyno

Carlos     Yorke   Birchall   Theobold/Wolfe/Jaggy

Latapy

Stern                Jones

Glen to come on as the 2nd half sub and run at them...

Them El Salvador players short, is only air attack and long ball in they pwefin. Stern and Jones to Knock down to Latas and Me Mum for the bullet.

Carlos and whoever playing left wing to back track.

Dais it dey.

We beating this side 2-0.

don't forget daniel could play that left too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:17:05 PM by triniairman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2009, 03:02:53 PM »
I'm sure if Akeil was to pick up a knock Spann would play LB...or even Jaggy or Wolfe

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2009, 03:06:09 PM »
i've always been a big stern fan, but his team is mid table strugglin he barely gehin play while scotland is a regular for swansea who are on the verge of powering into a knock out spot and he's one of the top scorers in the league.

stewps.

Nobody eh ignore the man, Did you read the article?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2009, 03:18:02 PM »
Something bothering me about that whole Scotty situation.  Just a few months ago Scotty was raising fuss about not playing.  Then he started the next two games against Guatemala and the US.  Now that we in the hex, the real deal, how on earth can he choose his club over T&T?  

He can't be crying fuh playing time on one hand and then asking to be excused on the other hand.  That makes no sense to me atall.  When the competition fuh places at the striker position is so tight I would want to try and stake my claim to one of those places from de start of de hex.  If Kenwyne Jones and Stern John or Cornell Glenn start  scoring regularly fuh T&T in de hex Scotty will be on the outside looking in.

So Scotty if yuh ass riding de bench fuh de rest of de hex doh blame nobody but yuhself.

Good point deh. I think even if he say he rather play with Swansea; we have to secure our qualifiers knowing that he is the striker that can give us that push up front, I would demand his return earlier to start.  We need to start moving sharper with requesting these players. Winning this game could be the determining factor of if we make it or not.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »
Some info for the groupies:

Miguel Contreras
Martes, 3 de Febrero de 2009

La Selección Nacional Mayor de Trinidad & Tobago, arribará a nuestro país este 4 de febrero, 7 días antes del juego contra El Salvador, en el marco de la última fase eliminatoria rumbo a la Copa del Mundo Sudáfrica 2010.

Los trinitenses, arribarán al Aeropuerto Internacional de El Salvador, el 4 de febrero a las 9:46 de la noche, vía Copa número 870 y se hospedarán en el Hotel Radisson Plaza de la capital salvadoreña.

Durante los días que la Selección de Trinidad & Tobago se encuentre en nuestro país, previo al juego con los cuscatlecos, del 5 al 9 de febrero mantendrán sus prácticas en el Estadio Jorge "Mágico" González, de 9:00 a 11:00 de la mañana y de 4:00 a 6:00 de la tarde.

Su regreso hacia Trinidad & Tobago esta previsto para el 12 de febrero a las 7:34 de la mañana, en el vuelo de Copa número 871.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2009, 03:45:04 PM »
my prediction- okay this should be good for a laugh :rotfl:

Glen scores first (Latas comes in for 2nd half) from a cross by Carlos Edwards
Stern scores 2nd goal before half time from a fumble in the goal box

in 2nd half we play more defensive (is that even possible???)
then El Salvador scores from a free kick because Aklie Edwards brought a man down outside the box

we make another score through a Latas run through the middle from an early pass from Birchy at the 10 yd line

how you like that? I could write a book or what? ;D

score 3-1 !!! we win!!! :beermug:

Wow, that will be a change.

The way T&T likes to play is to start nervous.Concede in the first 20 min, then get serious and equalize before half time. Then come out of the half time break and play like we know they could play. And this is in a good game for T&T.

So I say, El Salvadro scores first. KJ scores second, and Cornell Glen tidy up with a last goal.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »
Some info for the groupies:

Miguel Contreras
Martes, 3 de Febrero de 2009

La Selección Nacional Mayor de Trinidad & Tobago, arribará a nuestro país este 4 de febrero, 7 días antes del juego contra El Salvador, en el marco de la última fase eliminatoria rumbo a la Copa del Mundo Sudáfrica 2010.

Los trinitenses, arribarán al Aeropuerto Internacional de El Salvador, el 4 de febrero a las 9:46 de la noche, vía Copa número 870 y se hospedarán en el Hotel Radisson Plaza de la capital salvadoreña.

Durante los días que la Selección de Trinidad & Tobago se encuentre en nuestro país, previo al juego con los cuscatlecos, del 5 al 9 de febrero mantendrán sus prácticas en el Estadio Jorge "Mágico" González, de 9:00 a 11:00 de la mañana y de 4:00 a 6:00 de la tarde.

Su regreso hacia Trinidad & Tobago esta previsto para el 12 de febrero a las 7:34 de la mañana, en el vuelo de Copa número 871.

He forget the room numbers and license plates of the buses the team will be transported on.

But seriously, what kinda maddness is this? ... who is this guy that publicizes all that info? - would he like us to serve nothing but doubles with plenty pepper and a complimentary riddim section on each floor when El Salvador visits the TT Hilton?
throw parties, not grenades.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2009, 03:56:54 PM »
I going with 3-0 T&T...  Latapy in the 1st half... and then KJ on the hour mark... And Stern with the 3rd after coming on for KJ

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
Plenty people like they ain't read the entire article. By mutual consent the man was not called up.

How it looks to me ..... SJ look like the man who woulda get leave out if Scotty didn't have that big match.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2009, 04:05:53 PM »

stewps.

Nobody eh ignore the man, Did you read the article?

shit, ah missed that thrid paragraph.

well thats relieving anyway.

in which case im glad tuh see stern get ah chance to play SOMEWHERE.

Hopefully if and when he comes on the pitch he weaves some magic.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2009, 04:11:39 PM »

stewps.

so what about Darryl Robert

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2009, 04:49:46 PM »
Hey Tallest! I may go to the
Peru vs El Salvador game on Friday looking for tickets at the moment it's $25.00. yuh  coming up oh wha?
Game is at 8:00 pm pst.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:53:20 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2009, 05:01:42 PM »
This is a good enough team to beat El Salvador  the only department that lacking is defense. What about patterson i think he is a good player why is he being overlooked?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2009, 05:22:11 PM »
EHHHHHH!!!!!! allyuh going forkin maadddd or what!! what good forkin team allyuh talking bout???

no cyd , no avery , no julius james , not to mention the only top flight player outside of carlos and jones with 6 goals under his belt for the season!

what good team could allyuh be possibly talking bout.

latas and dem underestimating El salvador!! and they will pay , the same way we underestimate bermuda and  paid the price.

how allyuh could say that latas pick this team and leave out cyd and avery, yuh think latapy going to war without dem fellas, for two wet behind the ears rookies??!! no way!!

that team smell like totorana all the way.

i not saying nothing no more fack that, when we eh have no points from 3 games then allyuh will see what ah forkin joke this team really is.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
I have seen this El Salvador side on many occasions and T&T should run all over this side. Their back line is not the most physical and they will be pinned down with Jones. Up front they have no real danger man. I have no doubt that this is one of the weakest sides in the Hex
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2009, 05:28:18 PM »
If we playing 3-5-2 then I can't see Yorke and Latapy starting. If we play a 4-5-1 then we should, go ahead and play a 4-4-2 if Latapy and Yorke on the field at the same time with Latapy as the 2nd striker.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »
EHHHHHH!!!!!! allyuh going forkin maadddd or what!! what good forkin team allyuh talking bout???

no cyd , no avery , no julius james , not to mention the only top flight player outside of carlos and jones with 6 goals under his belt for the season!

latas and dem underestimating El salvador!! and they will pay , the same way we underestimate bermuda and  paid the price.

how allyuh could say that latas pick this team and leave out cyd and avery, yuh think latapy going to war without dem fellas, for two wet behind the ears rookies??!! no way!!

i not saying nothing no more fack that, when we eh have no points from 3 games then allyuh will see what ah forkin joke this team really is.

I eh want to hear a forkin word from yuh when we buss up El Salvador ok.  Not a forkin WORD!  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2009, 05:37:14 PM »
blow the whistle ReF.  Let's go!!!! I cyah wait.   :D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »

This is one of my concerns. Let's hope not.

1]; } ?>