April 20, 2024, 06:42:58 AM

Author Topic: 100 meter Men  (Read 1888 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
100 meter Men
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:24:57 AM »
Who do you guys think will make the most improvement for this year . My money is on Emmanuel Callendar , hearing him speak , you can see he has the heart and the drive and the discipline to succeed . Plus when you make those sort of sacrifices to follow your dream usually positive thing follows. I think that he will cause the biggest shocker this year . Bledman has potential but I don't know if he has that burning drive. Brown I don't know if he will have his first injury free year since 2003 . Burns I don't know which one will show up this year as he has not been consistent . Richard first year as a professional , don't know how will react to the change in environment

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 100 meter Men
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 05:54:29 AM »
Response from a roving reporter on the scene ( ...too late Aviator! LoL):

Mr Callander is doing quite fine, we should know exactly where he is in terms of strength at Camperdown Classics.He is doing things he has never done before and he is in good company. Gonzales is really a motivator to all the athletes.

In racers, as according to how things are, they have 1 sub 10. Two more are expected to run sub 10, however as things are with the exception of 'the one' most athletes are on a 10.0* forecast, for this year. However the training is geared towards producing the best of the athletes.. by principle, you need power to speed, and things are very very good in that sense, finer details will come on later in the season.

I notice racers has a comprehensive strength training program to avoid injuries etc....every athlete has to do a particular exercise to avoid hamstring rupture.....secret.(not the traditional hamstring/ sorrounding muscle tissue exercise) (secret)

Darrel and Frater should be opening at same time.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »
Still up to your thieving ways. ;D

The above response is from a question I posed to the roving reporter. If what he says comes to fruition I see Callendar and RT having the most improvement this year. I believe Richard could shave about 0.10 off his current PR. He has a few technical improvements to make, but more importantly the man just has to get stronger. Got to add some power to that finesse.

My prayer for Brown is that he finally has an injury free season. He does that and he will go places. As for Burns somebody needs to take him at gunpoint and make him understand the values of running the deuce and OD training.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 01:56:14 PM »
Why is it that somebody should haveto take him by gunpoint . He for himself should want to be the best , it can not be forced upon him , It is either he has the heart or the will to be the best , It makes no sense in standing over them with a big stick . A true champion you will not have to that , that is what seperate a champion fromthe rest , they always have the drive to work harder , to train harder just to make sure they are the best. Talent may get you there but heart is what will carry you the extra mile.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »
Still up to your thieving ways. ;D

The above response is from a question I posed to the roving reporter. If what he says comes to fruition I see Callendar and RT having the most improvement this year. I believe Richard could shave about 0.10 off his current PR. He has a few technical improvements to make, but more importantly the man just has to get stronger. Got to add some power to that finesse.

My prayer for Brown is that he finally has an injury free season. He does that and he will go places. As for Burns somebody needs to take him at gunpoint and make him understand the values of running the deuce and OD training.

Hush.

You gotta oil up the trigger finger. LoL

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »
Jusbless - AMEN - they called me obsessive, but if someone said Ato you have to run the 800 to get faster or more consistent or run sub ten anytime u need to I'd have said show me the 2 laps....that is what I never understand about those whose careers go on and on and every year they change nothing training wise but expect to see better results...
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
Hmm so Ato have you come to terms that 9.86 will be no more .... at least two runner can break the record....  :devil: Btw jusbless who are the athletes for the under 17 boys this year anyone to look out for .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 03:17:39 PM »
9.86 will be no more as the NR well I said that last year I thought Richard would get it. I said it in April before Richard had even broken 10. I been saying for years if my NR lasts as long as Crawfies then I have not done my job with the next generation.

It's the 19.77 200m record that they aren't getting, cuz Trinis fraid d work......(and the turn apparently)
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>