April 18, 2024, 10:48:58 PM

Author Topic: Hunt: Stadium to host Machel, Soca Monarch  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Hunt: Stadium to host Machel, Soca Monarch
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:34:21 AM »
Forumites,

Watch the actions...oval vs Honduras looking more likely.

Also watch the double standard, ent stadium was banned from all activites of a non sporting nature.

Ent people make fuss bout the state of the pitch, who it is pay to fix it for the England game?

Money talks people...Machel and Roy Maraj Speck promotions pay dey money!

Let the games continue.

Source Trinidad Express

Hunt: Stadium to host Machel, Soca Monarch
Anna Ramdass

Friday, February 6th 2009

Machel Montano has been granted permission to hold his Alternative Concept Concert at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain, this year, Sport Minister Gary Hunt said yesterday.

Speaking at the post-Cabinet media conference at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann's, Hunt said Cabinet had also decided that Government will make an exception to allow the Soca Monarch Finals to be held at the Hasely Crawford Stadium as well.

"It is an established Government policy that the Hasely Crawford Stadium is not to be used for any non-sporting events. In this instance, we had to listen to the cries of our artistes and recognise the importance of culture," said Hunt.

He said there are no other venues to accommodate these two events which are huge in nature, and Government has taken into consideration the safety of citizens attending these events.

Hunt said the organisers have given the assurance that there will be minimal to no effect on the infrastructure, and they will not be any unnecessary displacement of sporting stakeholders who use the facilities.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt: Stadium to host Machel, Soca Monarch
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 07:42:57 AM »
Games is we MO
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 09:27:20 AM »
It have enough space for them..leh dem go by the beach and party..lol  We really have our priorities wrong back home.  Ah wonder if they putting any protective lining to preserve the already atrocious pitch?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:00:26 AM »
I just came back from the HCS...had to pick up my sister at her sportsday....If you see that pitch...disgusting

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »
this concert can't be held in a parking lot somewhere else?

how about the Savannah?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 11:23:04 AM »
Send dem by the beach...If the crowd spill over, they could go in the water..The ocean could accommodate everyone.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 11:49:51 AM »
The Oval is bigger

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 11:52:21 AM »
Use Brian Lara Stadium....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 12:27:18 PM »
They need to build that Entertainment complex in the savannah. But they could host the concert with damaging the ground. They need to hire a real pro. company who good at that to assist them. Gosh, we in the 21st century.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »
It sad when we national football, a world cup team, might have to play their world cup qualifying matches on a cricket pitch.  But, soca fete could take place on de football pitch.  Wah de ass wrong wid dat picture.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 09:06:03 PM »
It sad when we national football, a world cup team, might have to play their world cup qualifying matches on a cricket pitch.  But, soca fete could take place on de football pitch.  Wah de ass wrong wid dat picture.
        I said it long time,people does be getting on with JW but these are the things he does be fighting for,HCS is not a Football pitch,they move Carnival there,all big shows take place there,how this place could be a Football pitch,we complaining about the Oval but those kind of things eh happening there,it does be green all year round and from a players point of view it's better to play on than HCS. 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 11:35:06 PM »
boy boy and the magic hunt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 12:13:59 AM »
TT does not have the luxury of having the stadiums unused. Unfortunately it is a multi-purpose stadium. The gov't will use the stadium to make as much money as possible. The problem is not the multiple events being staged at the the stadium, but is how the maintenance crew prepare the stage for the concerts. And also how they clean up the blasted place. The fans should stay in the stands. The crew should"rope-off the playing surface, making sure the fans don't come on the "green". What is so f--king difficult about that.

It is time the football fraternity invest in the own playing field. Not Jack Warner's stadium. The clubs and players should invest in a piece of land somewhere in the east(probably Champs fleurs) and figure out a way to build a football only stadium. I am tired of Jack and the gov't jerking we off with the stadium/Oval. I am not totally blaming Hunt because he just following orders from his boss. If he was to get sack what all yuh think the next Min. of Sport going to do. The same damn thing Hunt doing. Using the stadium to make as much money as possible.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »
TT does not have the luxury of having the stadiums unused. Unfortunately it is a multi-purpose stadium. The gov't will use the stadium to make as much money as possible. The problem is not the multiple events being staged at the the stadium, but is how the maintenance crew prepare the stage for the concerts. And also how they clean up the blasted place. The fans should stay in the stands. The crew should"rope-off the playing surface, making sure the fans don't come on the "green". What is so f--king difficult about that.

It is time the football fraternity invest in the own playing field. Not Jack Warner's stadium. The clubs and players should invest in a piece of land somewhere in the east(probably Champs fleurs) and figure out a way to build a football only stadium. I am tired of Jack and the gov't jerking we off with the stadium/Oval. I am not totally blaming Hunt because he just following orders from his boss. If he was to get sack what all yuh think the next Min. of Sport going to do. The same damn thing Hunt doing. Using the stadium to make as much money as possible.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Deeks yuh real suprise meh dey
 :rotfl:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »

Deeks it's easy to say things and i seeing with you here because what you saying i've been hearing from ever since Football going on in this country,for a country the size of ours i can't understand how we have so many stadiums,some countries have none,the other thing is all of them are under utilized and they killing HCS everything takes place there,can someone tell me what goes on at those other stadiums?can't they make the same money with them?
       Since Football used to be in the Savannah the word was why Football don't their own playing field,with the amount of Stadiums in the country i don't think that will make much sense now because those that we have depend on Football to make a dollar,though i don't think it's much because people not going Football.The bottom line as i see it is not only one man doing business it's everybody so there will always be friction at times,i think sports and culture have to come to some kind of understanding.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 10:01:03 AM »
        I said it long time,people does be getting on with JW but these are the things he does be fighting for,HCS is not a Football pitch,they move Carnival there,all big shows take place there,how this place could be a Football pitch,we complaining about the Oval but those kind of things eh happening there,it does be green all year round and from a players point of view it's better to play on than HCS. 

Boy you sucking Jack Warner or what?

What has Jack warner ever fought for regarding football stadia in T&T?  EHJ? Like he poke yuh ka-ka hole or what?   Like he is the capers and raisins in your pastelle or what? Or maybe he does wrap your pastelle with he fig leaf?

And what the hell YOU know about the players' point of view regarding the Oval versus the HCS?

Go play fotsie with those yankee children whose parents paying you to teach them to dress nice in kit and play shit!

IS LIKE YOU have a license on shit talk and warner bamsee.

Take your head out of Jack's ample rectum for a moment and wipe his shit from your eyes and read a little bit.  If you cannot read, allow me to inform yo via pictures.

jack warner under the UNC government built all those stadia in T&T.

Did you feel that they were built during a Lego competition?

He was involved in every phase, from planning to materials, to construction....By the way, you do kow that Jack's bamsee can cause cancer?  Go get your brown nose checked for same!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:16:37 AM by assrancid »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »
Sporting stadiums all over the world are used for non sporting events, right there on the field too.

We just don't know how to manage anything properly.

Nothing has been held at the stadium yet but the field already in a bad state.

Go Figure
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »

Come on lets get real and stop politricking. There exist a fee to use the Stadium. Machel Montano (or the promoter) is business men who know that in order to secure the use of a venue you have to pay the price to use that venue.

JW on the other hand just want to use the venue with out paying a dime. Tell me how Hunt is useless.

WE WILL ALWAYS STRUGGLE AND BE COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!!!!

WC coming around so all of a sudden men forget what JW is, cause we want to see games. Hunt is the one in charge of football? JW recieving all kind oif money and does not want to reinvest nothing into the football, but alyuh blaming Hunt. Apparently alyuh "supporters, fans" forget how much money Hunt just hand over to JW. If he could hand over that money why JW cannot pay to use the Stadium?

Like I said before is more fanatics than fans. 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 11:31:04 AM »

Come on lets get real and stop politricking. There exist a fee to use the Stadium. Machel Montano (or the promoter) is business men who know that in order to secure the use of a venue you have to pay the price to use that venue.

JW on the other hand just want to use the venue with out paying a dime. Tell me how Hunt is useless.

WC coming around so all of a sudden men forget what JW is, cause we want to see games. Hunt is the one in charge of football? JW recieving all kind oif money and does not want to reinvest nothing into the football, but alyuh blaming Hunt. Apparently alyuh "supporters, fans" forget how much money Hunt just hand over to JW. If he could hand over that money why JW cannot pay to use the Stadium?

ENT?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 11:47:23 AM »

Guys all i'm dealing with here is the playing surface at the HCS,what you all on take care of itself already.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 12:26:03 PM »
Like someone said, the problem with most gov't run facilities is with the management . They(whoever in charge) appear to be clueless. All football needs is internatinal standard dressing rooms and playing surface. Does the stadium have sprinklers(especially for dry-season). I don.t know. We don't have  management for preparation and maintenance of the facilities. For non sporting events, the track supposed to be covered and trampling on the field shoul be a no-no. I wish the had built the carnival center first before they build the performing arts center. All the panarama, big fetes would be held there.

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 12:29:04 PM »
What everybody missing here is de FACT that Carnival, fete, jump and wave is FIRST PRIORITY in Trinidad!  de land of jump wave and misbehave!

Football...yuh mad oui...mas first crime, sports and education come after.

1]; } ?>