March 28, 2024, 12:07:43 PM

Author Topic: The Chosen Warriors for Panama and Mexico.  (Read 4646 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Chosen Warriors for Panama and Mexico.
« on: September 24, 2005, 03:51:11 PM »
Leo Beenhakker: It’s the final countdown.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National Senior Football Team head coach Leo Beenhakker has selected a squad of 21 players for the back to back all important 2006 World Cup qualifying matches against Panama and Mexico.
Beenhakker will leave home for Panama on October 3 with the locally-based players and will be met in Miami by the foreign contingent before taking a connecting flight to Panama later that evening.
There are no major changes from the squad which defeated Guatemala 3-2 and then traveled to Costa Rica for a 2-0 loss except for the return of Coventry City goalkeeper Clayton Ince as a third custodian along with first choice Kelvin Jack and Shaka Hislop in the squad for the two matches and Southampton striker Kenwyne Jones making a comeback after being injured out last time. Local player Anthony Wolfe of National Quarries North East Stars is also in the squad.
Sydney FC striker Dwight Yorke will remain captain with Falkirk midfielder Russell Latapy also in the line up and is expected to make his third straight appearance for the “Warriors” after coming out of retirement for the 3-2 win over the Guatemalans earlier this month.
Beenhakker has stated that without further analysis, T&T’s fate depends on what happens on October 8 (against Panama) and 12 (Mexico). Wins in the two matches will take T&T to 13 points while Guatemala (currently on 8 points) faces Mexico and Costa Rica in their closing matches.
“The main part is for  the players to play with the same attitude they have when they play at home for instance in the Guatemala and Panama games we won before. We have to go fir the win from the most moment, from when we are on the plane to when we are back on the bus after the match in Panama,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media on Saturday.
“We know how it works and we must all realize that this is the final countdown and everyone has to do everything to make it happen,” he added.
“There has still been some differences with some players playing with less confidence, like away from home, and with less intensity at times but we have to throw this all overboard and more than ever play our own game in these next two matches.”
On the topic of team selection, Beenhakker said he was accustomed now to different opinions on the players chosen to represent the country but he was fixed on going with the eventual choices.
“Of course there is a matter of choice and I think everyone has to understand that while they all have their favourites, the actual choice of the players is based on the information we have on the current situation of the players. You find people asking about Cornell Glen and I told several persons already that if I take Cornell then they ask well they why don’t I take Kenwyne (Jones). I have a made into a practical situation by taking three goalkeepers, six defenders, seven midfielders and five guys up front so therefore I think there is a lot of balance in the squad,” Beenhakker added.
Jones has returned from an ankle injury and is back in the Southampton team and made a 68th minute appearance in their 0-0 draw with Plymouth in the English Championship Division on Saturday.
“I am happy with Kenwyne and he is fit again. The main thing for us is to be successful in away matches too which has not been the case for our team. It’s clear that we must do whatever we need to get the win in Panama and at the same time Mexico must do their duty at home to Guatemala. In that case it’s becomes a situation where it’s still in our hands but then there’s also a weird side to it because then there is also a situation which I never like in football when you actually don’t have it all in your own hands. We saw it happen when USA played Guatemala and they didn’t have as much interest in it as they did in their earlier games.”
The former Dutch National team and Ajax Amsterdam boss, though not wanting to dwell on what occurred in the early part of the “Journey to Germany”, felt T&T must now make up for the early loss of points at home to USA and Costa Rica.
“Once again when you make your analysis up until now, it’s proven and I don’t ant to blame anyone like the earlier coach or the other players who were in the team then, but basically you can see that you have to be successful in your home matches and you cannot allow the mistakes. We lost five points in the first two games at home to the USA (1-2) and Costa Rica (0-0) and you take those five points now and you would realize that already it would have put us in Germany. But we have to handle it as it is now and I know that. We have everyone on board now and we must just be fit and ready for the next two games. We all travel on the 3rd and we will also send one member of staff to see the Mexico/Guatemala game just to have the latest update before we play them. We already know Panama and it’s down to us now to prepare well and get the job completed,” Beenhakker ended.

The Squad for Panama and Mexico:

Goalkeepers:
Kelvin Jack (Dundee FC), Shaka Hislop (West Ham United), Clayton Ince (Coventry City).

Defenders:
David Atiba Charles (W Connection), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers FC), Brent Sancho (Gillingham), Ian Cox (Gillingham), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Avery John (New England Revolution).

Midfielders:
Russell Latapy (Falkirk), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA Fire), Christopher Birchall (Port Vale), Silvio Spann (Yokohama FC), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh).

Forwards:
Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC), Jason Scotland (St Johnstone), Stern John (Derby County), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton FC).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 04:03:13 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Chosen Warriors for Panama and Mexico
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 03:52:59 PM »
We have a date with destiny and we looking sharp!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 03:58:41 PM »
What is the status of  Ian Cox's injury? or is just a ummm.. british 'knock?'

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Chosen Warriors for Panama and Mexico.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 05:46:14 PM »
LETS GET IT ON....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 08:34:35 PM »
Last lap, warriors. Lets go!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 08:44:37 PM »

Lil worried bout Avery's lack of action.
He hasn't been on the field since that last game and it eh look like the coach making any changes.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 09:49:06 PM »
In reference to local vs foriegn players I think that side have a good mix man.  And we league develope it would show more in the national side.....I'm very hopeful about panama.

God Bless
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 10:11:15 PM »
big warriors whipong anyting in we way

a jus make out da 5 points was hard to lose no more wat ifs from now on only wins and german visa
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 06:27:59 AM »
by de way how could we go about getting a german visa. better start applying now
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

PAO

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 07:24:20 AM »
Fellas, I think we really need a real left winger on squad. to free up Latas a bit.  SOS: Evans Wise

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 07:33:47 AM »
samuel or wise for Wolfe.  Beisdes that it's a big big squad.  I would say it's the best we've had in the Hex so far assuming everone stays fit.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 10:06:01 AM »
sorry tony roughier did not settle his club future earlier.....if he was playing and fit...he can fill so many roles for us...that left back or left mid...say wha....thats about the squad there.....god bless tnt...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
samuel or wise for Wolfe.  Beisdes that it's a big big squad.  I would say it's the best we've had in the Hex so far assuming everone stays fit.

why u say dat arrow? have u been looking at wolfe?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 03:17:04 PM »
i never see wolfe play but i think now is bad time to blood him i rather see theobald on d left than a new man
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 08:19:51 AM »
WE WILL CARRY ON... WE NOT GIVING UP.. WE GOING GERMANY

GO WARRIORS
WE WINNING 5 - 0 in Panama.. we beating dem panaassians.!  ;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 09:08:26 AM »
Oconnor, I know declare you the official 5-0 man!! hahahahah  hehehehhe you is the original 5-0 predictor yes.   :rotfl:

Good Luck Our Warriors!!   :)
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Skoobibloo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 09:11:43 AM »
What is the status of  Ian Cox's injury? or is just a ummm.. british 'knock?'

Yeah I think so. Should be fully fit by next week!!

Good Luck.

Go Warriors :challenge:
Now we have 2 of your boys playing for us...you should know the score!!

Offline Spitfire

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 06:55:44 AM »
He's not in the squad for tonight's game.  Hopefully he'll be fit for next week though.  Apparently Sancho's playing with a cast on his hand.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 08:23:27 AM »
Fellas, we still aint debate whether Air Dog will get a bench vs Panama in favour of Sancho.
Cox, Sancho, Air Dog, Lawrence, Span and Avery.
Choose 4.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 08:59:21 AM »
Sancho, Lawrence, Air Dog and Avery. Spann will be right mid.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 09:07:39 AM »
Sancho, Lawrence, Air Dog and Avery. Spann will be right mid.

J.

I agree with this back four, I think Sancho can be just as effective as Spann in the back and Spann will be better utilised in the middle, there is no need playing men out of their normal position unless it is totally neccessary. Something which Sven Erickson is getting bashed for. For me, Sancho has looked good at the back and Spann has done the same in the middle.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 09:26:44 AM »
Fellas, we still aint debate whether Air Dog will get a bench vs Panama in favour of Sancho.
Cox, Sancho, Air Dog, Lawrence, Span and Avery.
Choose 4.

i say leave dog. hes gonna want something to prove since hes had a couple poor games for tnt and has been dropped from the 1st team at rangers. besides, i think we should keep the lineup that beat panama 2-0 and played 2-2 in gold cup
Hart for president

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 12:18:10 PM »
If we use sancho at RB and put Spann at RM, where carlos going?

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 12:28:14 PM »
Ah wonder if deh charterin anodda flight ?
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>