April 29, 2024, 08:34:58 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland V Stoke  (Read 7746 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland V Stoke
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 01:09:45 PM »
Sunderland 2
Stoke City 0
Scorer: Jones (78)
Scorer: Healy (90)

Attendance: 38350   FT (16:58)

Strikers Kenwyne Jones and David Healy plunged 10-man Stoke City deeper into Barclays Premier League relegation trouble.

Trinidad and Tobago international Jones struck with a 77th-minute header and substitute Healy added a second in injury time.

Referee Rob Styles failed to spot substitute Danny Pugh handling Steed Malbranque's 39th-minute header on the line, denying the Black Cats a penalty and sparing the defender a seemingly inevitable sending-off.

But Ricky Sbragia's men, who were denied a derby victory at Newcastle last weekend by a controversial penalty decision, were not to be denied and, after Matthew Etherington had been sent off for kicking out at Danny Collins, they finally made the pressure tell.

The Potters left Wearside having failed to make the most of their let-off when substitute Henri Camara smashed a 66th-minute shot against the crossbar, and facing injury and suspension problems after a black day in the north-east.

In a tight first half, Sunderland enjoyed the better chances. Former Black Cat Thomas Sorensen had earlier beaten away a stinging left-foot drive from Jones, while Danny Collins had headed a driven Kieran Richardson cross over the bar and would see Stephen Kelly clear an injury-time effort off the line.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/MatchReports/0,,12306~43496,00.html

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 01:15:30 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »
In less than half a season, KJ has tied his league tally and surpassed his total goal tally of last year. That's what I call a steep learning curve

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »
In less than half a season, KJ has tied his league tally and surpassed his total goal tally of last year. That's what I call a steep learning curve

add that to him already missing a significant part (2-3 months) in the beginning of the year  :o

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »

add that to him already missing a significant part (2-3 months) in the beginning of the year  :o

yeah..i counted that. he's done it in 16 league games and there are 38, so 3 shy of half a season. more impressive given he missed preseason

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Sunderland Vs Stoke goals
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »
They did not include the hand ball.
<a href="http://i557.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/pbweek25/SunStoke0809.flv" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://i557.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/pbweek25/SunStoke0809.flv</a>
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:47:09 PM by Tallman »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
thanks fivers. wah allyuh think bout jones celebrations
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »
wow jones hit a man a beats there
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2009, 07:19:15 PM »
BM...play yuh fitball son

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »

ah love de celebration!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 11:54:42 PM »

No problem man. I think the managers and the owners will prefer that than the flipping.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2009, 12:04:19 AM »
bring on ass anal
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2009, 05:21:43 AM »
Scrappy game, blatant wrong ref decision, didn't play well but won.

All about points.

Good luck in the week.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »

All about points.

Good luck in the week.
Ya kno Kev, that seems to be a very common remark after MOST games and at times it discourages me from watching some matches
The FA HAS to change their thinking
just look at the game that Frank got a red card then another player KICKED another player in the back right infront of ther linesman and nothing was done to him ::)
BOTH CALLS were SCREWED UP
How can the FA claim that their refs are professional

Check the NFL where sometimes the decision on the field is reversed which gives the WHOLE process legitamacy
I am sure that the officials in the NFL are not offended in any way
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:07:53 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »
The problem is FIFA don't want to use technology, going on about an extra 2 officials.  I think the vast majority of fans want technology, debatable decisions are part and parcel of the games always have been, it has always favoured the bigger clubs.  But we have been on the wrong side of far too many Blatant decision far too often for my liking.  So far this season we have been denied at least 3 penalties, 3 sending offs, 2 wrong penalties, 1 disqualified goal that wasn't all apart from yesterday that cost points, we have yet to have one go our way.  It was the same last season aswell.

The truth is in the EPL the refs don't give a stuff about any clubs other than 4-6 the rest of us just have to grin and bear it. If I was the chairman I would be on the phone tomorrow to Hackett (head of refs) asking whats going on as the club don't seem to be getting a fair shake indeed appears more of a raw deal.  As I have said debatable ones you shrug your shoulders at, but ones that a blind man on a galloping horse can see, yet at least 2 officials seem to miss I find very hard to understand.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »

All about points.

Good luck in the week.

lol... you again with this old, bang out tune eh!

not looking forward to the day that Sunderland do actually do play well.  they might lose 5-0.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2009, 12:25:45 PM »

All about points.

Good luck in the week.

not looking forward to the day that Sunderland do actually do play well.  they might lose 5-0.

I'm sorry and exactly where in the SOL were you sitting?

We didn't play well, we struggled to create much against a team that had to make 3 subs in the 1st 30 minutes and had a man sent off (although 25 mins late).  The keeper didn't really have that much to do.

Trust me I have seen enough crap football to know it when I see it. 

The team just isn't balanced / right mix.  We huffed and puffed in a generally scrappy game.  Results is all that matters from now until the end another 9 points will be OK

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »

All about points.

Good luck in the week.

We didn't play well, we struggled to create much against a team that had to make 3 subs in the 1st 30 minutes and had a man sent off (although 25 mins late).  The keeper didn't really have that much to do.

The team just isn't balanced / right mix.  We huffed and puffed in a generally scrappy game.  Results is all that matters from now until the end another 9 points will be OK

I think what Omar is saying is that they never "play well"...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
Yeah I know ;)

But last week they did well the 1st half anyway, but they have yet to put in 2 halves in any match this season tbh

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »
Niceness. KJ walkin' into El Salvo wit' a beas' attitude. >:(

I hope KJ doesn't do like Dwight against Jamaica after Dwight unleashed 3 of the very best on Arsenal  ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2009, 04:44:43 PM »

All about points.

Good luck in the week.

And T&T does play well?! stuueeeppsss! the biasness of some members.

from my point of view sunderland is ah very good team and they have @ least 9 starters who are technically sound players, something i wish our national team had TBH. richardson, ried, cisse, ferdinand,bardsley , malbraunch,tiano ,nosworthy , fulop.

these are all players we would love to have on our team, so stop calling the ppl team shitty, as for their fan base, they have real fans , not the fickle shyte we call fans in the caribbean who wouldn't travel 10 miles to watch ah game, far more a 100 miles in the cold.

Omar is trying his best to be mean spirited, to what end i don't know, but truth be told , if sunlun don't play good ball to our liking it's BC they play against some of the tip top best players in the WORLD!

so to most they may not measure up to ah MAN-U or ah CHELSEA on the club level, but compared to international standards, we would be glad to have players like that on our team!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 04:47:35 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 04:51:44 PM »
allya doin some serious a-la-vive fishing today :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 04:53:23 PM »
Yeah I know ;)

But last week they did well the 1st half anyway, but they have yet to put in 2 halves in any match this season tbh

I hear you.  I haven't seen many of their games this season.  (It seems like last season they got more TV coverage...on FSC at least- maybe because of Keane)....so I can't comment- I was just picking Omar's mind.  

Last season I would say they were an ugly team from what I saw.  On paper they have more to offer this season so I wouldn't be surprised if the quality is a little easier on the eye this time around.  It would also appear that KJ is having a better season this time around though he seemed to be more hyped last season....just goes to show.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 04:56:46 PM »

All about points.

Good luck in the week.

from my point of view sunderland is ah very good team and they have @ least 9 starters who are technically sound players, something i wish our national team had TBH. richardson, ried, cisse, ferdinand,bardsley , malbraunch,tiano ,nosworthy , fulop.

these are all players we would love to have on our team, so stop calling the ppl team shitty, as for their fan base, they have real fans , not the fickle shyte we call fans in the caribbean who wouldn't travel 10 miles to watch ah game, far more a 100 miles in the cold.

Omar is trying his best to be mean spirited, to what end i don't know, but truth be told , if sunlun don't play good ball to our liking it's BC they play against some of the tip top best players in the WORLD!

so to most they may not measure up to ah MAN-U or ah CHELSEA on the club level, but compared to international standards, we would be glad to have players like that on our team!

eh... you going off or what?!

i never say sunderland eh play well or call de team shitty. steups, i eh even see dem play for weeks.

i just giving kev some ole talk, because is about 4 straight weeks now when he side win, HE say dey aint play good but get the points. Not me pally.

All i saying is, if anytime they dont play well they winning, then is better they keep doing that.. that is what omar is trying to say.

read properly next time before yuh come and put words in my mouth nuh fellah!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2009, 05:05:05 PM »

i never say sunderland eh play well or call de team shitty. steups, i eh even see dem play for weeks.

i just giving kev some ole talk, because is about 4 straight weeks now when he side win, HE say dey aint play good but get the points. Not me pally.

All i saying is, if anytime they dont play well they winning, then is better they keep doing that.. that is what omar is trying to say.

Damn..dais yuh son? Yuh post that with a belt in yuh hand or wha?  ;D

Anyway, now that that's cleared up- let's move on....

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2009, 06:45:12 PM »

ah love de celebration!

The reason for  KJ  celebration is simple he never celebrate against Stoke they love at that club remember when he was on loan and he scored 5 goals in five games   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »

All about points.

Good luck in the week.

WE.. yah have weevil in yah pocket, eh speak for your self breds ,me eh want nothing I doh have .let them keep all them players ,I go take we likkle boys from up on the hill ,and all them men coming out of SSFL .I never  thought once in my life to trade one of our players ,for a foreigner ,never.I ent go trade Akile for Maldini .Win or lose we are Warriors .
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 07:26:30 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2009, 07:15:26 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bGJ7c-lJ6f0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bGJ7c-lJ6f0</a>
I don't know if this was shown already. Sunderland fans singing a KJ chant

super kenwyne jones
super kenwyne jones
caribbean king

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2009, 09:15:42 PM »

oh shims..yuh really refer to yourself in de third person dey? yuh reach :devil:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2009, 09:22:50 PM »
nice post just cool
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2009, 04:43:55 AM »

All about points.

Good luck in the week.

WE.. yah have weevil in yah pocket, eh speak for your self breds ,me eh want nothing I doh have .let them keep all them players ,I go take we likkle boys from up on the hill ,and all them men coming out of SSFL .I never  thought once in my life to trade one of our players ,for a foreigner ,never.I ent go trade Akile for Maldini .Win or lose we are Warriors .

Wham sar , is ah gang up ting or what , when i say we will be glad to have players like that, i don't mean it literally , but figurativly!

why mention something that is damn near impossible. if most our players had that level of technical abilty it would've been wonderful, thats all.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>