April 19, 2024, 10:00:25 PM

Author Topic: Brazil V Italy  (Read 11945 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil V Italy
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2009, 07:12:11 PM »
2 big saves by Brazil #1 to keep the clean sheet :applause:

Big Up!

The man rel underrated, jed, and the first save was really nice.......in fact, the second one was really nice, too!  I eh know, but is it me, or something eh lookin' right with Buffon?  Physically, the man was lookin' kinda stiff and he lookin like a man who lost some weight or something.  Basically, he was lookin' kinda nashy.

Boss.  De man was out for months.  He looking better than the average international GK, but he is still building form...Still the longterm best in the world, but right now Van Der Sar is in the best form of all the 'keepers

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2009, 07:20:07 PM »
For the 2nd goal, look at the difference in attitude and effort between Robinho and Adriano after Ronaldinho's off target pass.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2009, 08:06:28 PM »
Good match- Brazil deserved the win, but Italy deserved to get one on the board...they had the better second half where it looked like Brazil didn't really take the game seriously.  Overall Brazil had very little intensity in the 2nd 45....when it was clear that Lippi's instructions were to apply more high pressure....Ronaldinho & Robinho were sauntering around the pitch very casually with a setta small goal moves.  If Italy's first disallowed goal (which was very close- coulda gone either way), had stood, the game mighta been more interesting. 

Ronaldinho is not fit.  Adriano is not yet ready for int'l football which is why I think Dunga kept him on so long (to get some game sharpness)... he looked really heavy and off-beat.  I think Kaka & Pato on the field from the start would have made Brazil alot more difficult to defend.  Gilberto Silva needs to hang it up.  Poor game by Pirlo... Luca Toni is almost impossible to defend with his back to the goal...

Italy probably had more chances on goal overall, but there's something to be said for style points- the way Brazil approaches the goal leaves so much more of an impression....makes the game so much more enjoyable

MVPs- Marcelo, Zambrotta & Julio Cesar.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:09:42 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »

Robinho lookin suspect

wait wait.. is a dance them men was prepping for.. why all ah em got there hands on there hips. LOL

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »
^^
doh pretend yuh never hear about The Macarena.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2009, 08:43:26 PM »
For the 2nd goal, look at the difference in attitude and effort between Robinho and Adriano after Ronaldinho's off target pass.

....which was so obvious, I am surprised it took this long for somebody to mention it.  I was cussin' mad, (as the TV analyst was pointing out) that Dunga kept him in the game and Pato on the bench so long.  Brazil practically played the game with 10 men.  If is match fitness he need, let 'im get it at club level.  A sporadic international/WC schedule eh go get a man match-fit.

2 big saves by Brazil #1 to keep the clean sheet :applause:

Big Up!

The man rel underrated, jed, and the first save was really nice.......in fact, the second one was really nice, too!  I eh know, but is it me, or something eh lookin' right with Buffon?  Physically, the man was lookin' kinda stiff and he lookin like a man who lost some weight or something.  Basically, he was lookin' kinda nashy.

Boss.  De man was out for months.  He looking better than the average international GK, but he is still building form...Still the longterm best in the world, but right now Van Der Sar is in the best form of all the 'keepers

I eh talkin' 'bout his form, jed.  I just find he lookin' gaunt and he seems to have aged rapidly over the past year or so.  Besides, being out on injury ain't supposed to automatically mean dat yuh lose weight, eh.  Depends on what your therapy and recovery sessions will call for.......and yuh metabolism.
 I don't agree that Van der Saar is in the best form of all the 'keepers.....he's the least tested.  manu defense is like a firewall.

^^

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2009, 09:35:27 PM »
brazil brazil brazil brazil

why the heck we let gilberto go????

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2009, 09:39:18 PM »
Robinho lookin suspect

wait wait.. is a dance them men was prepping for.. why all ah em got there hands on there hips. LOL
^^
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
good one

The REF: "cue the damn choon nuh" :D :D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:07:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2009, 10:13:11 PM »
lol .. whoever own that picture should sell it with the caption: Samba ... or Macarena.

Make some money!!!
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2009, 01:16:09 AM »
I feel blessed to have seen dat Robinho goal in person :salute: :salute: :salute:

Ronaldinho and Robinho was on d rampage, vintage Brazil...niceness  :beermug:

Made #2 on SportsCenter's Top 10.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2009, 01:35:02 AM »

Nowadays, Adriano is a goat. He is not fit (no idea why) and has a ridiculously poor first touch. To me, he was the worst player on the pitch last night.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2009, 01:42:28 AM »
Good match- Brazil deserved the win, but Italy deserved to get one on the board...they had the better second half where it looked like Brazil didn't really take the game seriously.  Overall Brazil had very little intensity in the 2nd 45....when it was clear that Lippi's instructions were to apply more high pressure....Ronaldinho & Robinho were sauntering around the pitch very casually with a setta small goal moves.  If Italy's first disallowed goal (which was very close- coulda gone either way), had stood, the game mighta been more interesting. 

Ronaldinho is not fit.  Adriano is not yet ready for int'l football which is why I think Dunga kept him on so long (to get some game sharpness)... he looked really heavy and off-beat.  I think Kaka & Pato on the field from the start would have made Brazil alot more difficult to defend.  Gilberto Silva needs to hang it up.  Poor game by Pirlo... Luca Toni is almost impossible to defend with his back to the goal...

Italy probably had more chances on goal overall, but there's something to be said for style points- the way Brazil approaches the goal leaves so much more of an impression....makes the game so much more enjoyable

Agree wid d Marcelo shout, he was a demon last night. But Robinho and Ronaldinho would be my other 2 candidates. The two of them was jus having fun, yuh cud see they were really enjoyin it. I wouldnt say Ronaldinho wasnt fit, he was turning men all over d place...he seemed to calm down a bit in d second half cuz d Italians started flyin in wid some heavy tackles on him, but thats the best I've seen him play for Brazil in years.

Zambrotta cannot be an MVP by virtue of what Robinho did to him for the second goal. Doh matter what he did for the rest of the game.

Julio Cesar did his job but he really didnt have that much to do. I remember one decent save from Toni. He also had to save a couple other bullets (one from Grosso, dunno who the other one was), but he saw them early and perhaps was playin up for the cameras a bit (which is something Julio Cesar doesnt seem to mind doin, he duz fly like superman). Plus he conceded the Gross goal early on, which was really a legitimate goal.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2009, 02:50:00 AM »

Agree wid d Marcelo shout, he was a demon last night. But Robinho and Ronaldinho would be my other 2 candidates. The two of them was jus having fun, yuh cud see they were really enjoyin it. I wouldnt say Ronaldinho wasnt fit, he was turning men all over d place...he seemed to calm down a bit in d second half cuz d Italians started flyin in wid some heavy tackles on him, but thats the best I've seen him play for Brazil in years.

Zambrotta cannot be an MVP by virtue of what Robinho did to him for the second goal. Doh matter what he did for the rest of the game.

Julio Cesar did his job but he really didnt have that much to do. I remember one decent save from Toni. He also had to save a couple other bullets (one from Grosso, dunno who the other one was), but he saw them early and perhaps was playin up for the cameras a bit (which is something Julio Cesar doesnt seem to mind doin, he duz fly like superman). Plus he conceded the Gross goal early on, which was really a legitimate goal.

Ah was going to embolden the things ah find yuh eh makin' sense with, but ah eh have enough cyber-ink.  :devil:  Besides, it late, ah goin in meh bed.......but ah go leave someting wit yuh quick.....Ronaldinho not fit, De goal was offside and Julio Cesar did absolutely nothing extra for no cameras and the two main saves he made was nothing short of good solid goalkeeping.  Watch de game when it come on again tomorrow (today).  :beermug: 

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2009, 03:02:51 AM »
I feel blessed to have seen dat Robinho goal in person :salute: :salute: :salute:

ent...the atmosphere was unreal especially in the 1st half.....they had real brazilians in my section and they were shouting all game....

that was the first time i saw that marcelo fella play....the man have real wheels...my mvp by a stretch....would have liked to see pato play longer than 10 mins though...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2009, 08:47:23 AM »
   Ah was going to embolden the things ah find yuh eh makin' sense with, but ah eh have enough cyber-ink.  :devil:  Besides, it late, ah goin in meh bed.......but ah go leave someting wit yuh quick.....Ronaldinho not fit, De goal was offside and Julio Cesar did absolutely nothing extra for no cameras and the two main saves he made was nothing short of good solid goalkeeping.  Watch de game when it come on again tomorrow (today).  :beermug: 

Yuh shoulda just unbold mine then?  ;D  'cause it seems like we on the same page. 

Not sure about the onside/offside though- It was one of those that go either way at game speed- and even in slow motion depending on when you consider the ball (pass) to be made/released, it coulda gone either way....Was a great finish though.

I agree with you on JC- His goal keeping was really good- not just the good saves but he grabbed one or two difficult ones out of the air on crosses and looked really secure- definitely one of the best in the World at the moment.   

Ronaldinho is definitely increasing in confidence- showing some flashes of days past, but again- doesn't seem fully fit.  I think at full fitness he would have exploited alot of the room ahead of him at times as opposed to slowing the game down and playing small goal with Robinho- but as Ryan said... in the second half they looked to be having some fun- and playing conservatively to avoid injury (especially after the Italians started to pelt blade)....

Take out Adriano, throw in Pato... Take out Gilberto Silva and throw in Anderson (when he's back to fitness)...Ok in fairness GS wasn't bad- just not a fan of his game.... Let Kaka replace Melo (though he had a good game)... and possibly try out Alves instead of Maicon (slightly better current form at the moment I think)....and yuh have a damn near dream team.

The Italy of the second half could be worries down the road.  The American kid Rossi- what a player. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2009, 09:38:15 AM »

Yuh shoulda just unbold mine then?  ;D  'cause it seems like we on the same page. 

Not sure about the onside/offside though- It was one of those that go either way at game speed- and even in slow motion depending on when you consider the ball (pass) to be made/released, it coulda gone either way....Was a great finish though.

I agree with you on JC- His goal keeping was really good- not just the good saves but he grabbed one or two difficult ones out of the air on crosses and looked really secure- definitely one of the best in the World at the moment.   

Ronaldinho is definitely increasing in confidence- showing some flashes of days past, but again- doesn't seem fully fit.  I think at full fitness he would have exploited alot of the room ahead of him at times as opposed to slowing the game down and playing small goal with Robinho- but as Ryan said... in the second half they looked to be having some fun- and playing conservatively to avoid injury (especially after the Italians started to pelt blade)....

Take out Adriano, throw in Pato... Take out Gilberto Silva and throw in Anderson (when he's back to fitness)...Ok in fairness GS wasn't bad- just not a fan of his game yuh could stop hatin' on de man now, he eh playin' fuh ass 'n all no more! ;D.... Let Kaka replace Melo (though he had a good game)... and possibly try out Alves instead of Maicon (slightly better current form at the moment I think)....and yuh have a damn near dream team.

The Italy of the second half could be worries down the road.  The American kid Rossi- what a player. 

Yeah, I agree that we go agree to somewhat disagree wit de offside call, because, to me there wasn't any doubt.  But even if there was any doubt, is not a call that men should be getting vex wit de officials for. Also, on the finishing, I see men looking to take some of the shine off Julio Cesar's game...that ball delivered into the box is one that would give any 'keeper fits.  It was a top quality delivery.  In a "real" game, the best thing JC mighta want to do is come hard off his line and punch that ball out, if not catch it.  But, the potential for a major collision and possible risk for injury is not one I think he was willing to take, especially if he was confident the scorer was going to be called offside.  But, going back to your point, I can't argue with the finishing.   Also, with regard to his handling of the crosses, I also agree that there were a couple of them that could have been a little hairy had he read them wrong (like his U-20 counterpart did against Paraguay the other day) and I was pleased with his handling of it.  I FULLY agree with you that he is one of the best in the world right now, been seeing and sayin' it for a while....he doh get no setta namecall, very underrated.....everything else you said is very much on point, but ah go say this: Howard Webb is a man does get plenty praise fuh being one of the best referees in the EPL.  I used to agree wit dat early on until I feel he start lettin' dat get to he head and I see 'im make all all kinda bad call.  I felt he could have done a little or a lot more to put the Italians in check yesterday because there was a major period of time in that 2nd half where they was starting to make the game a little ugly, committing some cynical fouls and they were looking like some bad sportsmen.  I would like to see them play dat kinda football against a side like Turkey.       

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2009, 09:59:56 AM »
Pirlo pass for the offside goal was a beauty.
Over the top and in a spot where the keeper wasn't sure if to stay or go.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50:22 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VkTLDOBBcOg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VkTLDOBBcOg</a>

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2009, 10:58:10 AM »
Once again Adriano jus fail to impress me...big, clumsy, lazy, ineffective ...woulda rather see Pato in front dey with that other striker dem had.

Anybody...please if i wrong let me know why adriano deserve the props he does get?
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2009, 12:02:33 PM »
Once again Adriano jus fail to impress me...big, clumsy, lazy, ineffective ...woulda rather see Pato in front dey with that other striker dem had.

Anybody...please if i wrong let me know why adriano deserve the props he does get?

Allyuh being harsh on Adriano. De man is murder when he on form. He started looking good for Inter before a recent 3 match ban. He's been playing hard and scoring goals and played his way back into Mourinho's starting 11. But missing the last 3 weeks may have killed his momentum. So he look like toots yesterday. Tired see plenty 'in form' strikers put down a pile in a one off. Last time Adriano played for Brazil he came off the bench and scored a nice goal and was an all round menace, so he got his chance with Luis fabiano injured. I wit Dunga..treat Adriano like gold in a friendly..cuz if dat come back to full form, he better than any other forward coming out of Brazil including L Fabiano, but not Pato. But as a lone striker, or in a physical 2nd half like dat..I understand why Dunga may have been hesitant to throw Pato in too early and kept the big man in there

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2009, 01:08:13 PM »

Allyuh being harsh on Adriano. De man is murder when he on form. He started looking good for Inter before a recent 3 match ban. He's been playing hard and scoring goals and played his way back into Mourinho's starting 11. But missing the last 3 weeks may have killed his momentum. So he look like toots yesterday. Tired see plenty 'in form' strikers put down a pile in a one off. Last time Adriano played for Brazil he came off the bench and scored a nice goal and was an all round menace, so he got his chance with Luis fabiano injured. I wit Dunga..treat Adriano like gold in a friendly..cuz if dat come back to full form, he better than any other forward coming out of Brazil including L Fabiano, but not Pato. But as a lone striker, or in a physical 2nd half like dat..I understand why Dunga may have been hesitant to throw Pato in too early and kept the big man in there

Filho I agree. Adriano yesterday was effective for me. He pinned back both Italy central defenders. Which allowed Robinho more space and to some extent  Ronaldinho. He linked up with the midfield and caused problems in the air. Sometimes it is hard to measure the value of a player when he is not doing the work with the ball per say.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2009, 01:54:28 PM »

Filho I agree. Adriano yesterday was effective for me. He pinned back both Italy central defenders. Which allowed Robinho more space and to some extent  Ronaldinho. He linked up with the midfield and caused problems in the air. Sometimes it is hard to measure the value of a player when he is not doing the work with the ball per say.

i don't think there is a coach who wouldn't give his all to try and get the best out of Adriano. Even Mourinho giving the man a bligh. hear nah..Adriano fall of for a good 2-3 years now and still have 73 goals in 171 games for Inter. He is a beast. 31 in 51 for Brazil. As a striker, he may not have the sweetest touch, but when he on..unstoppable. When he was at Parma..23 goals in 37 games. I doh care what you like in a striker, dem stats kinda nasty. Not to mention, i see adriano play with some sweet touches when he ready and see the man score a number of individual goals running from near his own half, beating three or four defenders and scoring. Anybody who remember de old  Adriano know what I talking about..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JVCwAj0Ma8

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
Thanks fellas.. i take in the video and i mus say i see some impressive things...if the man could strike dem kinda form again den...by all means run that horse (once he eh strike it this weekend against Milan, providin he eh still on ban). I probably always seen him play on his off periods..let's hope he gets more consistent in form for Brazil..not for inter!
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2009, 02:12:33 PM »

Take out Adriano, throw in Pato... Take out Gilberto Silva and throw in Anderson (when he's back to fitness)...Ok in fairness GS wasn't bad- just not a fan of his game.... Let Kaka replace Melo (though he had a good game)... and possibly try out Alves instead of Maicon (slightly better current form at the moment I think)....and yuh have a damn near dream team.

I feel like givin a more detailed assessment of d game, since I gettin beat down  ;D

Julio Cesar - 8. Solid showing from a great keeper. In my opinion, the saves he made were good, but nothing out of the ordinary for a keeper of his ability. Other than one second half effort from Toni, I wouldve been surprised if he had conceded any of the other shots. In other circumstances he might have been an outside candidate for MVP, but given the way Brazil played yesterday, that award would have to go to an outfield player.

Marcelo - 8. First time seeing this fella play for Brazil and I was very impressed. He's the best left back I've seen them bring to England for sure. Had real pace on the left wing and Zambrotta couldnt keep up wid him in second half.

Juan - 7. Solid.

Lucio - 7.5. Solid, but a bit more lively than Juan. Completely locked down Gilardino in first half, had his hands full in the second.

Maicon - 7. Seen him play several times before, for Inter and Brazil - this was probably the most average I've seen him. Still, didnt really do anything wrong.

Melo- 7. Decent debut, nothing spectacular. Anderson is better.

Gilberto- 7. I fine he still looking decent, deserved his place in the team. Again, nothing spectacular though.

Elano - 7. Looked sharp in the first half, was linking up real good wid Ronnie and Robinho, and scored a good goal. Dont remember him doing much in second half.

Ronaldinho- 8.5. Some men might say he not fit (Observer, kicker :D ), but he was still all over d place. Dis man doesnt need to sprint to make a difference to a game. He put down a masterclass in touches last night. Not just me that thought so:

Daily Telegraph: "and a rejuvenated Ronaldinho back to his puppeteering best"

The Observer: "Midway through the second half Ronaldinho actually won a free-kick simply by dancing." (which was amazing!)

Runner up for the MVP to....

Robinho - 9. Was all over the pitch and scored a goal dat I couldnt even score on Pro Evolution. Made the World Champions look like jokers. The man was coming all d way back to the edge of his own box to win the ball and was playing playground football wid Ronaldinho.

Adriano - 6. In retrospect, I was probably being harsh calling him d worst man on d pitch - Zambrotta could probably take dat title. He did play the role he was assigned - the Heskey role. But d man has the touch of a rapist and just looks like an oaf. I could see him playing for Wigan or Bolton in a year or two. I could understand why Pato didnt get the nod over Adriano, but I would love to see Amauri in that role. Or at least bring back Luis Fabiano once he is fit again

Dani Alves - 7. Was energetic and seemed to be playin in a midfield role that I'm not used to seeing him playing. Could probably have started instead of Melo, and was unlucky not to score late on, when Buffon saved his header from close range.

And the Italians..

Cant be bothered talking through most of dem, dey were pretty hopeless. Jus highlighting a few

Buffon - 7. decent, wasnt at fault for the first goal, and the second was inch-perfect Made a good stop from Dani Alves, everything else was pretty standard.

Zambrotta - 4.5.  got run ragged by Robinho and Marcelo and lost his temper late on. Will be on the wrong end of the highlight reel for years to come because of Robinho's goal.

Grosso - 8. Italy's best player, motored down the left touchline all night and had a decent free kick saved.

Pirlo - 5. Poor game, particularly the first half, but probably because the strikers were so poor. Was better in second half when Toni and co. came on.

Toni - 7.5. Was much more of a threat than Gilardino, he and Grosso were the only players who were a match for Brazil last night. Big and powerful. Did what Adriano should have been doing.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 02:15:42 PM by Ryan »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »
Happy for Marcelo. Cannot get a run at Real now that Juande there. In fact, Jande is playing him in midfield now and has looked good, but getting very few minutes. Funny he could still look international class and barely get a club run...you'd think his confidence would be shot too. I always say these fellas way better than we give them credit for.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2009, 04:01:42 PM »
Fair scoring Ryan except I'd throw Rossi in the ratings for Italy- I thought he was special...and I think he will leave the yellow submarine for a more celebrated club if he continues to play like the way he is.

I thought Zambrotta had a very strong game- Yeah he had a tough time keeping Marcelo at bay, but he did fine...Other than Grosso's disallowed goal, Z'otta was the only player to make inroads into Brazil's danger zone in the first half....and getting turned inside out by Robinho for the goal doesn't soil a performance... the best defenders get skinned all the time..... except Trini defenders who fraid tuh eat beat so they jus' doh tackle  ;D

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »
IMHO I thought Gilberto was arguably one of teh best players along with Marcelo. Gilberto held the fort, seldom made a bad pass and gave the Brazilian attack the confidence to go forward. When both full backs went forward he was always well positioned to cover or recover the ball should it be lost. Hats off to the old war horse
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2009, 04:05:07 PM »
I thought Marcelo was the best player on the park.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2009, 04:12:55 PM »
Ryan yuh disrespectful... how yuh go cut short the rankings for the World Champions?

pretty much agree with the ratings though..

I thought Rossi did well on his debut. The centre back pairing of Leggrotaglie and Cannavarro eh look too solid at all.. It need to be Cannavarro and Chiellini or Cannavarro and Materazzi.

Pirlo had a poor game by his standards, but that is meh boy.. If allyuh could catch a clip of the disallowed goal that Toni catch with he arms, check the build up just before that.. A man pass the ball to Pirlo, he fake right before the ball reach him then collect and spanner one-time to the left and then loft in a perfection ball. de man is ah boss... And it have no holding down Toni once he post up and get position.

Julio Cesar save on Toni was great but the one from Grosso wasn't all that.. I was saving that.

i not worried about de Azzurri.. this script been written many times before. look bad in the friendlies and scrape through the qualifiers, then distress all comers in the World cup like true champions.

Forza Italia!!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
Fair scoring Ryan except I'd throw Rossi in the ratings for Italy- I thought he was special...and I think he will leave the yellow submarine for a more celebrated club if he continues to play like the way he is.

I thought Zambrotta had a very strong game- Yeah he had a tough time keeping Marcelo at bay, but he did fine...Other than Grosso's disallowed goal, Z'otta was the only player to make inroads into Brazil's danger zone in the first half....and getting turned inside out by Robinho for the goal doesn't soil a performance... the best defenders get skinned all the time..... except Trini defenders who fraid tuh eat beat so they jus' doh tackle  ;D

Good call on Rossi, he played well...I forgot about him. If Toni was a 7.5, then he was a 7, cuz he was de man teeing up Toni wid d chances. In that 3 man front line, he is a decent option. The last Rossi to play against Brazil was better though ;)

We go hadda agree to disagree on Zambrotta. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6y0Ag-TADc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or9KMuzEfaw
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 05:01:05 PM by Ryan »

1]; } ?>