March 28, 2024, 03:55:48 AM

Author Topic: Scott Sealy like Jason Scotland scores wherever he plays  (Read 3331 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scott Sealy like Jason Scotland scores wherever he plays
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »
This is taken from the Jerusalem Post. Sealy's second game in my beloved Israel.

Megrelashvili slotted in an Igor Tomasic center for the equalizer, and Trinidadian Scott Sealy met a Maor Buzaglo cross at the front-post to score the winner.

Full Text:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1233304712512&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Sealy like Jason Scotland scores wherever he plays
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:20:09 AM »
This is taken from the Jerusalem Post. Sealy's second game in my beloved Israel.

Megrelashvili slotted in an Igor Tomasic center for the equalizer, and Trinidadian Scott Sealy met a Maor Buzaglo cross at the front-post to score the winner.

Full Text:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1233304712512&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

well done sealy  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 09:28:56 AM »
Niceness :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:20:28 AM »
Scott Sealy screwed up his chances for permanently representing TT by playing lackadaisical and uninterested when he was selected two years ago and got labeled as a lazy player who did not care for TT.  He was outplayed by Darryl Roberts.  That is not how he played in the MLS but those reputations, undeserved in  his case, follow you if you don't give your all in every game.  With the wealth of strikers TT has he may never get another chance unless he get to a European team and really catch fire.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »
Scott Sealy screwed up his chances for permanently representing TT by playing lackadaisical and uninterested when he was selected two years ago and got labeled as a lazy player who did not care for TT.  He was outplayed by Darryl Roberts.  That is not how he played in the MLS but those reputations, undeserved in  his case, follow you if you don't give your all in every game.  With the wealth of strikers TT has he may never get another chance unless he get to a European team and really catch fire.

Thanks. I was really trying to figure out why Scott Sealy was getting a raw deal.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 05:23:29 PM »

Thanks. I was really trying to figure out why Scott Sealy was getting a raw deal.

He eh get raw deal he just neva grab d opportunites in d height of d blacklist.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
interview with Scott

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7bPSZtaWF5g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7bPSZtaWF5g</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 01:56:13 PM »
...Scott Sealy screwed up his chances for permanently representing TT by playing lackadaisical and uninterested when he was selected two years ago and got labeled as a lazy player who did not care for TT....

Funny thing is, we used to say the same thing about Yorke.

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 02:03:19 PM »
i think scott sealy and k.j could be a very good partnership for 2010 hopefully Latapy or Mats give him a chance
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:05:15 PM by kingdavid »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 02:12:25 PM »

I don't necessarily remember this... can anyone else corroborate that this was in fact the case?  Not doubting it, just want confirmation.

--------------------

Nice vid E-man... did he flick that in with his heel ala Glenn??

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 05:36:54 PM »

I don't necessarily remember this... can anyone else corroborate that this was in fact the case?  Not doubting it, just want confirmation.

He is referring to the game against Barbados in the 2007 Digicel Cup. It is not dat de man lazy, is jes dat he had a poor game and his replacement, Darryl Roberts, came on with guns blazing.

The thing with Sealy is that he has never had a proper run in the national team. He has 24 caps and 2 goals, but 14 of those caps were appearances as a substitute. Of the 10 games he started, he only played the full 90 in one of them. I think that Scott has been kept out of the side by Stern because they have similar playing styles, plus he has never really put in a stellar/memorable performance when given the chance. He can definitely add value to the team, so he should not be discarded.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 10:02:54 PM »

He is referring to the game against Barbados in the 2007 Digicel Cup. It is not dat de man lazy, is jes dat he had a poor game and his replacement, Darryl Roberts, came on with guns blazing.

The thing with Sealy is that he has never had a proper run in the national team. He has 24 caps and 2 goals, but 14 of those caps were appearances as a substitute. Of the 10 games he started, he only played the full 90 in one of them. I think that Scott has been kept out of the side by Stern because they have similar playing styles, plus he has never really put in a stellar/memorable performance when given the chance. He can definitely add value to the team, so he should not be discarded.
I agree with Tallman.   I was not saying though that Scotty don't deserve a pick, but that game against Barbados when men were fighting for an opportunity was disastrous for him.  He just didn't show up and with all the competition that we have among the strikers - Roberts, Glenn, Scotland, John, Jones, McFarlane and other young guys like Jamaal - it was hard to bring him back, especially when the coach kept on using 1 forward.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »
Okay fellas, thanks  :beermug:

That 'lazy' label is one I think we should be wary of applying to players (especially in light of Ms. MacKenzie's recent concerns-- whether we agree with her or not) as they can be fatal to a reputation.  I'll be the first to say that I never really followed Sealy's career like that, so I just wanted to get as much info as possible about pardna before forming a personal opinion of him.  That aside I want to see we boys do well... and I wouldn't want to waste sentiments on anybody not deserving of that support... i.e. on a "lazy" player.

Glad to hear that that's not necessarily the case with Sealy.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:18 AM »
If I remember correctly, Scotty was coming off a thigh injury when he played that game and it was still bothering him. He was trying to play through that game unfit.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »
Nah I disagree completely with that assessment. The man came to represent TnT for the Digicel Cup as our only overseas striker, and whatever he may have done happened in training because he was not our first choice striker at the start of the tournament. Wim used Glasgow and (I may be wrong here) Joel Bailey and there was some other just-out-of college striker (Abiola Clarence, maybe?) who got a sweat even before Roberts got a chance. Sealy didn't perform when he get his chance in the second game or whatever, but at the same time, he has always been a goal poacher and strikers thrive on confidence.

Sealy is very much a Romario type player who will seemingly be out of the game entirely but always be in the right place for the simple finish. Yes, his awareness and off the ball movement is good but to say he ever ran around and showed much effort prior to that game is an exaggeration.

And to say one bad performance, under Wim to boot, ruin his entire career is nonsense. If it was Corneal or Bertille coaching then I could say he getting bad mouth cause them is hold grudge, but not Wim who all sides of the footballing admin unite against.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »
He also played in d last game pre Blacklist v Austria Stern was injured in trainin and went back 2 d UK andKJ was on paternity leave. He did not impress then either.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »
champions league, licks lips.

come on sealy, keep up the good work.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »
Scott has had several chances with the T&T team.... the fact of the matter is he hasn't played well enough or scored the goals to merit a starting place or even a place on the bench......
With all that said things change very quickly in football and if he continues scoring for Maccabi i'm sure we will see him playing for T&T again in the near future

1]; } ?>