March 28, 2024, 03:31:48 PM

Author Topic: T&T keen on constant style  (Read 5917 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
T&T keen on constant style
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:01:35 AM »
T&T keen on constant style
(FIFA.com)

Trinidad and Tobago, the lone remaining island contenders, open their 'hexagonal' account with a potentially hazardous road test on Wednesday night in San Salvador. El Salvador last qualified for a world finals back in 1982, but under Mexican coach Carlos de Los Cobos they are going from strength to strength. And much to the visitors' chagrin, the Cuscatlecos' Estadio Cuscatlan is one of those venues that usually has travelling teams shaking in their boots.

However much they would have liked to open with a comfy clash at their Hasely Crawford ground in Port of Spain, the Soco Warriors - who finished second behind the USA in Group 1 of the semi-final round of qualifying - are not likely to be overawed by a trip to the Salvadoran fortress. "You can't go around worrying about where you're playing and speculating for results," Dennis Lawrence, the team's 74-times capped centre-back, told FIFA.com in a recent interview. "We need to play our style of football, which is an attacking and attractive style, no matter where we find ourselves... at home or on the road."

The lanky Lawrence, who is currently on loan from Swansea City at Crewe Alexandra in England's League One, may be on to something seeing as how the Soca Warriors - who created a sensation in the region by reaching their first FIFA World Cup™ finals in Germany in 2006 - managed to pull off two crucial results on the road in the previous round. Under well-travelled Colombian tactician Francisco 'Pacho' Maturana, they managed a win over Cuba and a draw with Guatemala away from the comforts of home. They also managed to be routed 3-0 by the USA in Chicago, so it's not an exact science.

On the other side of the coin, El Salvador lost only once at their hallowed ground - the largest in Central America and the Caribbean with an unofficial capacity of over 53,000 - tucked away on the outskirts of the Salvadoran capital. Having already qualified for the final round, the Central Americans lost to Group 3 winners Costa Rica on the final matchday of the penultimate round of qualifying.
It's a dangerous thing to change up the way you play depending on where you are. We'll need to focus on keeping the ball and playing the way we know we can on the ground.
Russell Latapy on maintaining a stable style.

Facing down a tricky away day, T&T's player-coach Russell Latapy, now 40 and fresh off his second return from international retirement, is in full agreement with Lawrence about the overall philosophy. "It's a dangerous thing to change up the way you play depending on where you are," said the former Porto and Rangers man. "We'll need to focus on keeping the ball and playing the way we know we can on the ground."

The Soca Warriors will be bolstered by the arrival of their entire Britain-based brigade to camp in San Salvador on Sunday. For only the second time in this qualifying campaign, Maturana will be able to call on the influential Sunderland duo of Dwight Yorke and striker supreme Kenwyne Jones. While former Manchester United ace Yorke sat out this weekend's 2-0 win over Stoke City in the English Premier League, Jones - who recently signed an extended deal with the Black Cats - kept up his fine form with another goal.

The core of T&T's domestic-based players are fresh off a week-long training camp in Argentina, hoped to provide Maturana - who travelled to LA to watch El Salvador beat Peru in a friendly at the weekend - with a firm base of organisation ahead of the crucial final 48 hours of preparation in the capital.

Having qualified for the finals in Germany, where they pulled off a famous draw with Sweden before tumbling out in the first round, expectations are high on T&T to repeat the feat and book passage to the first world finals in South Africa next year. "The expectations are heavy on us this time around," Jones, who was out for several months last year with a serious knee ligament injury, recently admitted to FIFA.com. "The fans are expecting us to make it. We're giving it our best shot and I think that we have the kind of talent to make a return to the World Cup."

The two other matches from the final round of North, Central American and Caribbean final round qualifying on Wednesday night will pit the USA against Mexico and Costa Rica against neighbours Honduras. You can follow all the action from the USA-Mexico qualifier in Columbus, Ohio LIVE via FIFA.com's EMIRATES MatchCast on 11 February. Be sure to sign on and have your say using our exclusive fan chat application.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: T&T keen on constant style
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:48:50 AM »
Intimidated? ... steups ..... we going to El Salvador to collect rent on Wednesday.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:07:48 AM »
Intimidated? ... steups ..... we going to El Salvador to collect rent on Wednesday.

:rotfl: I love it.

While I don't think it's an automatic thing, I also don't see why the guys should be intimidated.

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »
Come on T&T!!!

:beermug: :beermug: ...lol rent...lol
Shut up Sven...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:20:13 AM »
just have to prove them wrong again
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »
Anyone who might be familiar with our tactics in camp before games, do the coaches go over screening with our players on schemes, tendencies of opposing players and their teams per say? I would really like to know if there is any type of class room work done with the players before these games. Thanks.    :)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »
Anyone who might be familiar with our tactics in camp before games, do the coaches go over screening with our players on schemes, tendencies of opposing players and their teams per say? I would really like to know if there is any type of class room work done with the players before these games. Thanks.    :)

From my sources deep inside de camp...we tactics consist of pickin de XI....Ince...you in de goal.  Everybody else...SPREAD OUT.  See allyuh at half time.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »

From my sources deep inside de camp...we tactics consist of pickin de XI....Ince...you in de goal.  Everybody else...SPREAD OUT.  See allyuh at half time.

Well if your sources credible, we in deep deep trouble.  :'(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »

My sources also say Latas is de one dat callin de shots.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 12:21:43 PM »

lol make sense to me we always play better in the second half

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 12:23:26 PM »

My sources also say Latas is de one dat callin de shots.

If Latas callin de shots in camp then this not going to happen "we tactics consist of pickin de XI....Ince...you in de goal.  Everybody else...SPREAD OUT.  See allyuh at half time." He knows better than that. What else yuh sources saying? lol

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 01:36:12 PM »
Watch the Keon Daniel interview ,he say he preparing by visualizing the last game ....NOT doing video room work lol .

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 01:53:18 PM »

hahahah ah like dat and if they eh like it, we will make dem a colony
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »

Basically the word to the players on running out to the field is "Spread out and look like more men... "
Warrior For Life !!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »
Latas callin d shots  :o
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 05:29:21 PM »
Latas callin de shots in selection too?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 05:59:31 PM »
Latas callin de shots in selection too?

Palos what yuh source say bout d question?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 06:30:51 PM »
we tactics consist of pickin de XI....Ince...you in de goal.  Everybody else...SPREAD OUT.

:o that sounding more like Triniman tactics

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 06:43:54 PM »
I wondering if Palos is the only man in here who really know how ting does go inside de camp. Like we loosing we skills to macco wha going on wit de team.  ??? Arrow wha yuh think?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 07:16:38 PM »
Buh yah eint done know.Latas run things ,forget jai john and them men ,Matas pass he due date ,which team in the World is send away they Head Coach to scout ah team 4 days before the game  ::) lol ,yah eint see they just geh rid of the man .yeah yeah you go and check them out for we .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »
Q yuh preach dey d head coach gone 2 scout d game was not taped. What he c live dat was not on d tape.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »
Q yuh preach dey d head coach gone 2 scout d game was not taped. What he c live dat was not on d tape.

Men movement off the ball. Who the coach always screaming at for doing mess. Players body language of the ball. Communication between the keeper and defense when an attack is building. etc etc..
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 12:47:15 PM »
Buh yah eint done know.Latas run things ,forget jai john and them men ,Matas pass he due date ,which team in the World is send away they Head Coach to scout ah team 4 days before the game  ::) lol ,yah eint see they just geh rid of the man .yeah yeah you go and check them out for we .

The man showing he eh trusting anyone again, he doin things on he own now. He going and check the scene then come back and let the team know what time it is. The man on a mission.  :-X
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 01:06:41 PM »

Men movement off the ball. Who the coach always screaming at for doing mess. Players body language of the ball. Communication between the keeper and defense when an attack is building. etc etc..

so true...u notice alot more watchin live than on tape
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »

The man showing he eh trusting anyone again, he doin things on he own now. He going and check the scene then come back and let the team know what time it is. The man on a mission.  :-X
Well ah hope it work ,cause if they lose tomorrow he arse have to get fired !

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »

Well ah hope it work ,cause if they lose tomorrow he arse have to get fired !

If de team lorse...yuh firin de scout (mats) but not de head coach (latas)?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 05:36:30 PM »
Cats get he chance already ,months now. Latas eint even coach one game yet  ::).PLus this is a maturana picked defense ,if we lose chances are it will be because of that .

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 06:03:27 PM »
Cats get he chance already ,months now. Latas eint even coach one game yet  ::).PLus this is a maturana picked defense ,if we lose chances are it will be because of that .

Wha part of Latas de one callin de shots INCLUDIN pickin de team yuh REFUSE to understand?

Yuh tink is Mats pick Spann?  U mus be eedah incredibly naive or tremendously gullible or both to believe dat.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »
Palos yah want ah leash to go with that chain I left for Elan, man .

But ....ah go play ,I believe your source up to a point ,me eint believe Latas pick Akile nah

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 07:17:06 PM »
Is everybody like to throw hook these days boi Quagmire. Palos real fishing these days. :heehee: 

1]; } ?>