April 28, 2024, 02:24:45 PM

Author Topic: Scolari's been sacked  (Read 12093 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scolari's been sacked
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 01:56:14 PM »
**BREAKING NEWS**

Roy Keane considers himself available for the position at Chelsea.

Of course he's available... not like anybody beating down his door right now clamoring for his services.

As for Chelsea... they had a nice run, for a couple years there Abramovich bought the best team that money can buy... but even money only goes but so far.  Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »
My outlook on this is obviously biased, but I don't see where Ambramovich is killing the club.
Now, he obviously sits at the head of the table and will be opinionated when it comes to certain players/ coaches/ managers/ administrators at the club.

However, he has always put his money where his mouth is. He has spent liberally when it comes to making sure that Chelsea has the best of the best and are equipped with all the resources they need at their luxury.

So somewhere or the other, it is not Roman's money that is failing, but the way how the coaches and players perform. Can you ever possibly blame Roman for JTs penalty miss in the CL Final? How about Saturday's draw at Hull? Even the loss to Liverpool?

The players need to go out and perform, and the coaches need to put the players in the position to do so. JT came out and apologised for the team's form - and many players have been lamenting the lean period the squad has been going through - but it is time for the players and the coaches to step up.

You continue to stick your head in the sand.

Firstly Abramovich has not been putting his money where his mouth is. Just look at the January window. The only decent left-back cover sold, back-up keeper let go, the only player brought in is on loan when it is clear that both Malouda and Kalou not up to it. Chelsea was doing well when Abramovich was spending over the top money too assemble a big squad of good players. Once they start letting go Robben, Duff and SWP and replacing them with the wrong players, players they didn't need, like Deco, Sheva and Ballack they were in trouble.

Abramovich has to take credit or blame or that. And if it have to fix he have to spend more money to fix it but he is not. SOmething has to wrong with the executive management if the club has 4 managers in the space of 18 months. Clearly they don't have a clue when hiring managers.

I agree that you can't complain about him though. The man spend his money and he have a right to do with the club as he pleases. Fans can't really complain because they get two season s of success that they would never have had without him.

Scolari has a squad that is not balanced there is very little he could do about that in 9 months. The only real knock I would give him is his stubborn reluctance to pair two strikers together and at least try to make it work. But the people on top Chelsea are clueless. How you go fire a manager who 4th in the league and still in 2 cups?

Them men feel they playing Championship Manager where yuh does win everything everything.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »
"Scolari's Sacked! Chelsea's Fack'd and Rafa's still on Crack, but we dont care because we're Top and that's a f**king FACT"

to the tune of Jingle Bells

Created it 2 minutes ago... enjoy lol

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:42:36 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 02:35:32 PM »
My outlook on this is obviously biased, but I don't see where Ambramovich is killing the club.
Now, he obviously sits at the head of the table and will be opinionated when it comes to certain players/ coaches/ managers/ administrators at the club.

However, he has always put his money where his mouth is. He has spent liberally when it comes to making sure that Chelsea has the best of the best and are equipped with all the resources they need at their luxury.

So somewhere or the other, it is not Roman's money that is failing, but the way how the coaches and players perform. Can you ever possibly blame Roman for JTs penalty miss in the CL Final? How about Saturday's draw at Hull? Even the loss to Liverpool?

The players need to go out and perform, and the coaches need to put the players in the position to do so. JT came out and apologised for the team's form - and many players have been lamenting the lean period the squad has been going through - but it is time for the players and the coaches to step up.

I am somewhat in agreement with what you are saying.
But by the same token coaches are being blamed for JT missing the PK. The fact is after X amount of coaches in a very short period of time and numerous top players in and out. You have to then ask yourself, where does the problem lay. Nobody can work comfortably constantly looking over their shoulder and most of the coaches at Chelsea have not been give time to build.

Chelsea clearly want instant success and they got it somewhat by winning two league titles, the fact is they are a club without any true pedigree and should take time to establish themselves.

ManU is a massive club yet they have only won three CL's and two of those was in the last 9 years. If they had followed the same pattern in Sir Alex early years, and got rid of him when the squad was struggling, they may not have achieved the way they have.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 02:42:14 PM »
Stability is a key component to building a dynasty, and Man U are testimony to that...Sir Alex could have been long gone, were it not for the patience of the Board..and look what he's achieved today...Abramovich wants quick fixes to everything, and that to me is a sign of someone who does not quite understand the intricacies of building a club...How many youth players has Chelsea really "buss"?  They now starting to expose a few youth, but they just want to buy, buy, buy...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »
Waiting to hear that he's replacing Maturana....
cosign

first thing came to mind

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »
kinda surprised by this but to be honest Scolari does need to take a big share of the blame for what is going on this season.

aside from the problems with playing personnel, injuries, money not being spent, formations, tactics etc..

the biggest and most shocking problem with this Chelsea team this season is the sheer lack of commitment and fight that this team is showing. This team no longer plays with intensity and fire, they dont look hungry for the win and laziness and ineptitude is infiltrated every single aspect of the team...

A notoriously impregnable defence is now conceding goals from set pieces in almost every game. the midfield lacks intensity and fight, and players like Ballack, Malouda and even Deco seem to be giving minimal effort. Drogba seems disinterested and Kalou is not improving.. Even Cech seems to be regressing in the goalkeeping position.

What's revealing is that even the senior players have expressed discontentment with the lack of intensity, effort and focus in training.

These kind of problems have to fall right at the feet of the manager. Who knows.. maybe the shift from the international arena to the day to day rigors of the club game were a little too much for Big Phil.

Hope the change ends up for the better.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »
Chelsea need back Steve Clark, was going well till he left.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 04:49:35 PM »
Waiting to hear that he's replacing Maturana....
cosign

first thing came to mind

We all dream alike in these parts
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 05:00:10 PM »
manchester only opposition now is liverpool.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 05:25:25 PM »
poor, poor quaresma

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scolari to Manchester City
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 05:33:03 PM »
Oh wait..shucks....it happening soon though   

Yuh get catch aint .... :devil:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 06:03:24 PM »
Bring back Avram Grant.  He was unbeaten in de League.
       This is the best thing i hear on this topic,peeps complain about Avram Grant although he was doing a good job and getting results,money alone can't do it.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
So wait.
Chelsea's coach must adhere to the following standards:

-Have an attractive brand of football
-Be assured of winning Premier League by February month.
-Win champions league
-And play whoever de board or Roman feel to give him to use.

In his first season...... :-\

Anyhow..Big Phil did admit he getting ole and de only reason he take de wuk was for money. He getting severance pay...so....me eh feel he too vex.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2009, 06:57:13 PM »
Kenyon needs tuh follow him out! 3 managers and he still standin :o

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2009, 06:59:41 PM »
So wait.

-Win champions league

Anyhow..Big Phil did admit he getting ole and de only reason he take de wuk was for money. He getting severance pay...so....me eh feel he too vex.

chelsea is a shit team what u expect, they just gone back to their regular standards, they was never good before  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009, 07:14:42 PM »
So wait.

-Win champions league

chelsea is a shit team what u expect, they just gone back to their regular standards, they was never good before  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OlulRzU27Q
If a shit side that eh good could do a treble winning side that...I will always back them...

as for scolari, I always said he wasn't the man for chelsea..he had the team playing stylish but they didn't have have that extra fight that wasn't needed to win games..something mourinho and even grant was able to instill in the players.

it is that fight that has kept man u on top of the league so long..they have players who are willing to fight for everything...unfortnately abramovich doesn't understand that...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:16:14 PM by Arazi »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2009, 08:08:42 PM »
So wait.

-Win champions league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OlulRzU27Q
If a shit side that eh good could do a treble winning side that...I will always back them...

as for scolari, I always said he wasn't the man for chelsea..he had the team playing stylish but they didn't have have that extra fight that wasn't needed to win games..something mourinho and even grant was able to instill in the players.

it is that fight that has kept man u on top of the league so long..they have players who are willing to fight for everything...unfortnately abramovich doesn't understand that...

that was an anomaly  ::) cant happen again
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2009, 10:17:47 PM »

Leh me continue my kicks and throw out a line for dem chelsea fans dat see man utd to blame for everything. :devil:

Maybe...just maybe.....Peter Kenyon operating like how de roman church used to use members of the jesuit order....get them to infiltrate an opposing organisation and bring it to its knees. Maybe he destroying chelsea from within..and undermining them to ensure Manchester United stays successful.  :devil:

Ah mean...look at dis..

His first job at a football club was at Manchester United, but he was targeted by Chelsea shortly after the Roman Abramovich takeover. After a spell of gardening leave[2] he officially joined Chelsea in February 2004.[3] This was met with widespread controversy because Kenyon had consistently professed to be a life-long supporter of the Manchester club.[1]

:rotfl:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »

Leh me continue my kicks and throw out a line for dem chelsea fans dat see man utd to blame for everything. :devil:

Maybe...just maybe.....Peter Kenyon operating like how de roman church used to use members of the jesuit order....get them to infiltrate an opposing organisation and bring it to its knees. Maybe he destroying chelsea from within..and undermining them to ensure Manchester United stays successful.  :devil:

Ah mean...look at dis..

His first job at a football club was at Manchester United, but he was targeted by Chelsea shortly after the Roman Abramovich takeover. After a spell of gardening leave[2] he officially joined Chelsea in February 2004.[3] This was met with widespread controversy because Kenyon had consistently professed to be a life-long supporter of the Manchester club.[1]

PKs feelings are just in line with CRonaldo's.
The same CRonaldo who has professed his love over and over again for Real Madrid?

How does Robbie Keane feel about Liverpool now?

stop grasping for reasons to be relevant.
Nobody is even mentioning that shit side.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2009, 11:05:31 PM »

Ah mean...look at dis..

PKs feelings are just in line with CRonaldo's.
The same CRonaldo who has professed his love over and over again for Real Madrid?

How does Robbie Keane feel about Liverpool now?

stop grasping for reasons to be relevant.
Nobody is even mentioning that shit side.

I just giving men like you some fresh material. Yuh know...i find de usual "dem referee's in fergie pocket" line getting kinda stale now. Doh worry...all dat is part of being a fan.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2009, 02:05:35 AM »
I think its a ridiculous decision, if you are going to change your manager to someone like Scolari who was an international manager and no experience of the EPL then you have to accept that he is going to take time to adjust, make mistakes and change players / formations.

Ambramovich is owed £400 - £600 Million by Chelsea on who's figures/ guesses you care to believe.  Jose bought and set up the squad and Ambramovich wanted prettier football.  But he had in relative terms cut off the purse strings in Jose's last season, hence a number of Bosmans.  I don't think key players have played or played well Drogba and Terry for 2, they got their way with Grant.

A part of me and a lot of other clubs fans are glad to see it going tits up and its ruining the game and will be equally as happy if Man City have the same problems, it would be much better for the game as a whole if Platini gets his way and puts limits on it.  Ambramovich is treating football like a meal out, if its not exactly what he wants he sends it back, hopefully he will get bored at keep having to send it back sooner rather than later and walk out.

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2009, 05:44:36 AM »
I say give Terry and Lampard de wuk... yuh know is dem who callin' de shots...

Dogbra could go too to Inter Milan and allow roman to at least get 8-10 million back on that "investment"
Shut up Sven...

giggsy11

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2009, 06:46:59 AM »

Ah mean...look at dis..

LOL! You might be on to something there! The Trojan Horse- ie Peter Kenyon! So glad he is Chelsea's problem now, they can keep him! The man has no shame, imagine he was so happy to have the loser's medal put around his neck after the CL final and was grinning ear to ear while accepting it. He does not have a clue how to create a solid foundation and get carried away with Roman's money. The thing that happen is Roman was new to the game so he allow men like Kenyon, and to some extent Mourinho  and what the  guy they 'stole' from Spurs to help build up their youth system Frank something. He allow them to play with his money, trusted their opinions and in the process they end up hanging themselves, so when he didn't see the kind of results he was looking for so he decide to cut out the supply. What does Chelski have to show for all the millions Roman invested in the club? Still no promising youths coming thru season after season, they only throwing money at old men and projects/rejects. They have yet to establish a platform to spring from season after season farless to add little pieces here and there to keep it rolling over. You think Roman aint checking out that whole scene? He did not become rich buy throwing good money after bad. They need to turn the whole thing over; keep the solid players and build around them. I say go for a young coach who is hungry but has a plan- Bilick anyone?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2009, 08:32:30 AM »
Chelsea have confirmed they have been granted permission by Russia to speak to Guus Hiddink about becoming their temporary manager.

Hiddink revealed earlier on Tuesday he was in talks with Chelsea about replacing Luiz Felipe Scolari on a short-term basis until the end of the season.

The Russian Football Union do not want Hiddink to quit his role with the national team and they will him to share the roles.

Former PSV Eindhoven and Real Madrid chief Hiddink is happy to take charge of Chelsea on a short-term basis as he is keen to lead Russia to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

"Chelsea Football Club can confirm it has officially approached the Russian Football Union (RFU) for permission to speak to Guus Hiddink to become the club's temporary coach until the end of the season while continuing to be in charge of the Russian national team," said a Chelsea statement.

"That permission has been granted and Chelsea would like to thank the RFU for their co-operation."

If all goes to plan Hiddink could take charge of Chelsea for the first time in this weekend's FA Cup clash with Watford.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...552160,00.html

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2009, 08:56:09 AM »

If Pompey had done their Job this would not have been an issue  >:(

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »

we will deal with that matter on de 14th of march
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »

we will deal with that matter on de 14th of march

amen

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »
Allyuh preaching about Kenyon there.

He trying to take the model that worked at United and super-impose it on Chelsea. He genuinely feels it is about branding. he watch United growth over the last 20 years and feels that the same thing could happen to Chelsea in shorter time hence the desire for "pretty football" and big name stars, completely ignoring that United popularity is long in the making and the club happened to be successful agin at th eperferct time, just as football exploded financially.

Plus when he went Chelsae he was able to help them poach the United targets that he ws aware of like Robben and Essien. That resource gone dry now and Chelsea has not picked up a top quality up and coming player since. I ent go lie I enjoying seeing Chelsea crash and burn.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »
I just giving men like you some fresh material. Yuh know...i find de usual "dem referee's in fergie pocket" line getting kinda stale now. Doh worry...all dat is part of being a fan.

Yeah but doh slander de poor Jesuit and dem in de process nuh man, lol

1]; } ?>