April 28, 2024, 01:39:41 PM

Author Topic: question for the local based forumites  (Read 1501 times)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
question for the local based forumites
« on: February 13, 2009, 08:56:31 PM »
So bear with me because I'm not sure how to phrase this. What is the mood of most people at home concerning the Soca Warriors?

I ask because I grew up with the Strike Squad. I was in the stadium for Nov 19th 1989 game, and I cried along with everyone else, and then cried even more when the boys came back out  most of them in tears and walked around the track acknowledging the fans. And I cried again when TTT had them on the show the next nite for a call in program. Yorke cry his eyes out and people callling in were in tears but through it all we just kept telling them, don't worry you did your best, we still love you. One lady call in and I remember it because she specifically address Yorke telling him how it break her heart to see him cry, he still young he have more matches ahead of him. Doh cry so.  Which make him cry even more. 

Even now when I remember that day, it stil bring shivers to my spine. The point was back then we knew they did their best and they gave it their all (well perhaps a little goalkeeping error or the pressure was too much) and we were still supportive.

Speaking to people of my father's generation and they are kinda resigned - oh well if we make it  we make it, if we don't make it at least they tried- 

And people in my generation are pissed because we went throug the heartbreak in 89 and never really came close again until 2005 when we beat Bharain.  2006 we were just happy to be there. Nobody expected much from the boys, just glad that they reach world cup and we came away with the one point and yet we acted like we win the whole thing. Everyone was happy.

People younger than me seem ready to throw in the towel.

Now we here and Ok so we draw the first game. And yes it was a game that we could have won. But the fact is we didnt lose. We draw. Ok could have been worse, let's regroup for the next game. But it just seem to me that some people give up on them already. Is it that having been there once before, last WC, we automatically expect that we are destined to reach again? I wait from 89 to 05 to see them reach at last. And when that last whistle blow in Bharain, and the boys start the celebrating, I sitting in my living room in NY crying like a big baby. And I call home to speak to the parents and both of them crying too.

And Thurday morning after I stop and think about it, after I done yell at the tv and everybody else, I sit and I say well, we didnt win, but we didnt lose. And face it. It have two teams beneath us in the standings. Six teams play wednesday night. Two win, two draw, two loss. The way I figure it, we still in a good place. We could still get there. But the team have to believe in themselves, and we have to believe in them.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: question for the local based forumites
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 09:42:16 PM »
So bear with me because I'm not sure how to phrase this. What is the mood of most people at home concerning the Soca Warriors?

All who ent cussin stern, cussin the midfield, the defence or Maturana.

People have cable, they have internet and they know the difference between good football and shit brand.

People dispondent because is only so long a ole horse could trot...and we seeing how men on they last legs.

Additionally to move from Beenie and 0-0 against Sweden and blood in yuh shoes, to Licks from Grenada and Bermuda and out the digicup. It ent inspiring no kinda fervor or excitement.

But we hadda stick it out with them.

This is WE SIDE....we does cuss them cause we love them.

We does just like to do things the hard way or 4cup we self if things going good.

But we go forgive them if we mash up Honduras next game and beat the full strength USA away.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 09:49:54 PM »
i eh local based, but going from what i saw on the facebook status of my local based friends, i can safely say not too happy....

in no particular order:

"Shoot. Stern John"

"Stern yuh mudda c***"

" is saying following Trinidad football will make me die young"

" is Trinidad football is like West Indies, only heartache"

" is wondering how we throw away against shitty El Salvador"

.... and so on and so forth

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 09:53:34 PM »
Omar...nae bother

tnt football here before facebook and will be here long after facebook
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »
i eh local based, but going from what i saw on the facebook status of my local based friends, i can safely say not too happy....

in no particular order:

"Shoot. Stern John"

"Stern yuh mudda c***"

" is saying following Trinidad football will make me die young"

" is Trinidad football is like West Indies, only heartache"

" is wondering how we throw away against shitty El Salvador"

.... and so on and so forth

half ah dese people cyar lay lay up by a pot hole of dey playing hundred hole and de odder half go ketch whole night if dey was playing hide and seek!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:33:14 PM »

All who ent cussin stern, cussin the midfield, the defence or Maturana.

People have cable, they have internet and they know the difference between good football and shit brand.

People dispondent because is only so long a ole horse could trot...and we seeing how men on they last legs.

Additionally to move from Beenie and 0-0 against Sweden and blood in yuh shoes, to Licks from Grenada and Bermuda and out the digicup. It ent inspiring no kinda fervor or excitement.

But we hadda stick it out with them.

This is WE SIDE....we does cuss them cause we love them.

We does just like to do things the hard way or 4cup we self if things going good.

But we go forgive them if we mash up Honduras next game and beat the full strength USA away.

tOUCHES YOU IS AH FOOTBALL LOVER LIKE MY SELF, and yuh also have a good eye for trouble shooting and football analysis.

now i have been watching and following west indies cricket & T&T football since i was 11 yrs old, my uncle and older brother got me into sports and horse racing @ an early age plus i grew up smack in the middle of POS so every thing was within walking distance. so i was there for every thing.

my point is this , i've seen trini's cry so much tears over the yrs BC our athletes were always falling short of the mark, even when i migrated i still stayed in touch with local sports, as yuh know i'm not a yank and i don't like yankee sports, save basketball. 

finally we got ah break in 2005 by beating bahrain, and watching dem bahraini's cry didn't bother me in the least BC i watched my ppl cry for yrs, and it was our turn not to cry, as the saying goes, better you than me.

but we finally found a formula to win, and then the unthinkable happened, we didn't even get to savor the taste of sweet success when the blacklist came around, it was a heartbreaking yr and a half, but we got past that , only to run into another problem , maturana and the experimentation process which has been going on for about a yr now.

i for one think that we have regressed under his leadership and he don't have what it takes to unite ah stallwart team of 16 that could compete with the top three teams in concacaf .

do you think as a T&T football lover that maturana has what it takes to.....not just bring us to the WC , but help develop a higher standard and organize our team the way beenie did.

the team that played against sweden ,england and paraguay, i have no doubt in my mind theobald and all, could've beaten this mexican, hunduran, costa rican and USA team going and coming.

but i'm not sure about this present team.  please let me know what you think and what are our chances IYO, with this imposter/ head coach ?                                  positive
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:57:27 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »
Peeps distraught but as Touches say once we win d next game all will b forgiven.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>