April 28, 2024, 03:26:24 PM

Author Topic: Heads have to roll  (Read 18286 times)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: Heads have to roll
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »
In agreement about the misses but folks not seeing the lack of defense or defensive tactics.  Pacho is a big coach since we did not loose this game right???  Ent this is a good result away from home??

Corbeaux brand in full flight!!!

Blessings

If it was Honduras or CR

Doh buy what ah saying, ah pulling ah ARROW (pure Sarcasm)

Pacho is boo.  I have said it before and will say it again!!!

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2009, 09:38:45 PM »
All yuh ...........we need either Sancho or Cyd back on de right yes cause Spann is deffinitley not rite in he head now! At one point years ago yes...........but not now!
We just watch an old team get bun. I doh know what de solution is at right back, but is not bringing in more old people. Julius, Telesford, somebody... we have to figure out how to solve de problems progressively.

Edwards is not old...I just watch Hedjuk play hard for 90 for the USA and he turning 35 soon.  

We need experience, the men and them bun cause they have no football head, they cannot read the game. They have no idea when to do what.
Well ah exaggerate when ah say 'old team.' Ah mostly mean Dwight and Dennis. Bun!

Hedjuk is one man. Stacking de team wit Dennis, Dwight, Stern, Cyd, Avery, Sancho, Ince, some want Latas... askin for trouble in my opinion.
As good as Juluis is ........he is not a right back, he is a central defender! Telesfors needs some confidence on the international stage.
A.Edwards started off shakey but he improved at the game went along!
Ah know dat ah go take plenty stick from dis but A. Edwards would be one of our best left backs in a couple years time!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »
I thoughts Mats went and scout them,he ent realize that man good at FKs.He have to go man steuppsss ,man calling for latas head when ,is he first day on the job as an assistant .

yuh see d same phukkin shit..................... knew it
I pity the fool....

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2009, 09:42:11 PM »

Ah know dat ah go take plenty stick from dis but A. Edwards would be one of our best left backs in a couple years time!

There is no stick to take for that statement, I think you are right with all of the play he is getting he has no choice but to improve.  All I know is that he is not ready now. And in a couple of years it will be 2011, which is post 2010 in South Africa.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2009, 09:42:43 PM »
I thoughts Mats went and scout them,he ent realize that man good at FKs.He have to go man steuppsss ,man calling for latas head when ,is he first day on the job as an assistant .

maturana and his brother need to go
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2009, 09:44:38 PM »
Dwight let Stern take the pk to get # 70 as he wanted that milestone badly I don't think he thought Stern woulda miss especially since his place on the team on the line.

we have one point mexico have none and by tom no coach either we should pick up pts from there.
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2009, 09:51:33 PM »
Dwight let Stern take the pk to get # 70 as he wanted that milestone badly I don't think he thought Stern woulda miss especially since his place on the team on the line.

we have one point mexico have none and by tom no coach either we should pick up pts from there.

Nonsense.  This is not a friendly is a WC qualifyer.  That must be your thought b/c if that is in fact true, then that is a pack ah arse....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2009, 09:52:53 PM »

There is no stick to take for that statement, I think you are right with all of the play he is getting he has no choice but to improve.  All I know is that he is not ready now. And in a couple of years it will be 2011, which is post 2010 in South Africa.

Blessings
I have steadily seen improvement in the games I have watched with him............and he is improving but needs to get out if Trini to further hone his skills!

BLESS UP MIH BREDDAH!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2009, 09:54:02 PM »

Nonsense.  This is not a friendly is a WC qualifyer.  That must be your thought b/c if that is in fact true, then that is a pack ah arse....

Well it was a pack of arseness cause he give him the freekick too that was Keon Daniel bread and butter.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2009, 09:58:15 PM »
this might be the problem with Latas and Dwight to much ole boy shit ,friend thing. I tought Latas would be grown out of that ,I hope so.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2009, 10:10:46 PM »
we only play with urgency when we are in a do or die it seems
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2009, 10:15:32 PM »
this might be the problem with Latas and Dwight to much ole boy shit ,friend thing. I tought Latas would be grown out of that ,I hope so.
for real they other parthner give away 2 points today,that friend thing have to stop

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2009, 10:17:47 PM »
What a waste of a freaking 2 points first stern miss a penalty to put it 3 nil then u make these guys come back on 2 free kicks wow dis make me so depress Now... we have to put it that much more work against the other teams but i still have hope we can do it looks like we need to play with 5 in the mid after all as much as i hate it 4 guys in mid today was allowing to much space.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2009, 10:18:13 PM »

Well it was a pack of arseness cause he give him the freekick too that was Keon Daniel bread and butter.
same thing i was thinking,plus the free kick was rubbish from a good spot

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2009, 10:29:13 PM »
Doh hold yuh breath
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2009, 10:42:43 PM »
we playing alot better football with maturana but our defending is atrocious

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2009, 10:51:59 PM »
Don't blame the defence per se. Blame the collective defending. They save we from getting about 4. The mid and forwards allow the Salv. to run all over them

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2009, 10:57:27 PM »

Who calling for Latas head. I eh read one post where men blame Latas out right.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
You  :rotfl:

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2009, 11:05:39 PM »
1.   Our players still do not understand the basic do’s and don’ts as a result the coach is responsible for teaching such.     
2.   It is the coach’s fault for allowing a player like Stern to take that penalty when you know Yorke iced the first one.
3.   Our midfield looked terrible, it is the coaches responsibility to relate or inform them that they needed to pick the intensity in the midfield.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2009, 11:14:28 PM »
If you don't control the mid. you can't win. Our defence in mid-field which require mid-fielders and forwards alike was atrocious.

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2009, 11:16:43 PM »
Here we go again. We draw an away match and many people on this forum talking SHIT again.

1) Fire Maturana.
2) Things have to change
3) Stern John fault
4) Blame somebody ect. ect.

We come from an away game with one point and we in problems.

Let's look at the game objectively:

1) T&T were leading 2-0 and threw away a chance to go 3-0 up. Dwight Yorke should have taken the penalty not Stern John. If we had won the game, it would have been a different story.

2) T&T did not play well. I think we showed fight and heart in the first half but the players gave away the ball too much, let El Salvador back into the game ect, ect. Nothing new to us. We need to play ninety minutes of football not 45mins. Hopefully, we will build on this.

3) We get a point in an AWAY match. If we come home and beat Honduras we will have four points from two matches. Compare this to the last campaign when we lost to the USA a home and then got a whopping of a lifetime from Guatemala. hen we draw with Costa Rica at home. One point from three matches then. Already, we are doing better than in one match. We need to improve but let's do it quickly.

4) Remember statistics, T&T have never won an opening match in their campaign in a final round.

In the end, we should have won this match easily but with our side, nothing is ever easy. We can shut out the opposition. However, no need for the SHIT doom and gloom talk so early in the campaign. Wait for a couple more matches to take place and then judge

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2009, 11:17:43 PM »
If you don't control the mid. you can't win. Our defence in mid-field which require mid-fielders and forwards alike was atrocious.

They were doing dumb stuff. ???

For the above post...what you talking about Breds. Did you see we play any good brand of football tonight for the pass set of games? El Salvador played ball, not Trinidad and Tobago. We looked terrible and people talking about oh we should not complain, is after we loose Gold Cup and we out of it all then alyuh go start to run alyuh mouth.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:27:09 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »
You  :rotfl:

Me eh call for no head, I blame all the coaches, but up to now you eh read no where that I say fire the coaches. I blaming all men equally just how alyuh use to blame Anton. Now all of a sudden Pacho have all the say. That can't be right.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »
This coach should've been gone since we failed to make the GC. fellas like leon , theobald , noel and jagdoesingh should not be selected before roberts avery and cyd! this is USA the 1st and guatemala in POS rolled up into one all over again.

watch how jack go get despo and call out all the troops and lose the rookies, like he did for USA the 2nd.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »
1.   Our players still do not understand the basic do’s and don’ts as a result the coach is responsible for teaching such.     
2.   It is the coach’s fault for allowing a player like Stern to take that penalty when you know Yorke iced the first one.
3.   Our midfield looked terrible, it is the coaches responsibility to relate or inform them that they needed to pick the intensity in the midfield.

Just look at where the ball was when we make one of the subs.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2009, 11:22:38 PM »
and Dwight was pure shit second half, getting beat continuosly...not stepping up for the penalty either. steups...this one hurts
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2009, 11:25:08 PM »
Sack Maturana. Pure bullshit. HORRIBLE TACTICS THE FINAL 10 mins......WHY ARE WE PLAYING WITH 2 STRIKERS?!!!!!
jesus i cant take this shit

he try ah beenie versus sweden

That was 1 striker!! not 2!

and how are men like Makan Hislop getting picked over Julius James?
Hart for president

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2009, 11:41:46 PM »
Don't blame Stern blame the damn skipper.  Dwight failed us big time but not stepping up and taking the PK.  Hopefully he acknowledges his gaffe.  

I also agree that we had really poor tactics the last quarter of the game.  This is bad.  We needed those 3 points

hear wha yuh saying but maybe the skip had a bad vibe so let stern handle it,
or he decide he wasn't taking 2 in the same game
would be interesting to hear Dwight thoughts on the decision doubt he would ever state it publicly.
Read yuh post on the 4 defenders selection and yeah kinda  still scratching meh head on that decision, can't understand rationale behind that at all.
Fire a coach when he take a point on the road??(yeah we drop 2). still early in the Hex. i thought they woulda lose to be honest.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2009, 01:09:34 AM »
Boys and girls, play nice  :beermug:.  I feel the same as everyone tonight. 
A) the formation in the first third was lost, dey defence just drop back and let the attackers come to them.  Good for small goal, bad for big goal
B) No one wanted de ball bad enough
C) Yu cah jus hoof the fackin ball to KJ and hope he could latch on to it.  Yu have to put the ball in a position that would benefit him ie, doh jus kick de ball in de middle because KJ dey, because all de defenders was on him.  I sure he collect some good hand from a couple of dem.  Try next time to put it off to de left or right of de middle of de flick field, KJ would have a better chance of movin when he get de ball.
D) De team really show dey age.....I not going to call out no body, but around de middle of de second half dey run out of energy
E) Yorke should have taken de pen kick.  I know our scoring machine (ie SJ) needed to get into the grove for future games but Yorke should have taken it.

As much as I really doh know what to say bout de game again, I really hoped dat we would have gotten de 3 points but at least we get something to build on.  Hold alyu heads high and build on what we have.  Harder games to come and de team need to be focused. 
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

1]; } ?>