April 25, 2024, 09:08:12 AM

Author Topic: Heads have to roll  (Read 18225 times)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Heads have to roll
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2009, 05:08:08 AM »
At the end of the game,goals win matches had we put away ours it would have been academic
In the defence I would like to see either Sancho or James to partner Lawrence,I think Edwards and Spann did a decent job and they did nothing to loose their places,just remember that both free kicks that resulted in the goals being scored if I am not mistaken came from central defensive errors

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2009, 05:31:35 AM »
The problem was fitness and tactics.
If you could go Central America and score 2 in a WCQ, it dont get much better than that.
Up till about 70 mins, we were having a very good game, the only real blot was Stern penalty miss.

But at this level, 11 vs 11, you should not concede 2 goals in the last 10 mins or so.
Fitness was the main factor, our players just stop doing the things that we were doing in the first half, ie running into space and creating passing lanes and keeping the ball in the middle of the field. I thought we were very good at doing that in the first half.
The age of the guys showed. Once you get tired, you commit unnecessary fouls, as you lose concentration and play more desperate.
Our fitness has always been one of our weaknesses.
Next thing - TACTICS.
I know we made our 3 subs when Stern came off, but this is the classic case of why Leo Beenhakker is a different quality to people liike Bertille and Maturana. People cuss Beenie when he never play Latapy in the WC, I bet if Beenie was in charge last night, we would have held that lead to win the game.
Yorke was beginning to be a liability coming to the end. Remember in the game vs Bahrain and Sweden how the T&T team played to kill time - possession and take the ball to the corner. Where was that last night. It seemed everytime we got the ball we tried to go straight up the middle and score. Why try to outshoot an opponent when u already leading them 2-0? Take the ball to the flanks, hold up the ball and run the clock.
The team is experienced enough to know to do this, I personally feels it comes back down to fatigue. Your mind knows what to do, but the body cant do it.
Its always hindsight to say what should have been done. And you could say the best way to defend is to attack. But Glen for Stern, with KJ already on the field made no sense with 20 mins to go. Why not bring on Denzil? Or have KJ drop back much more deep? He used to play stopper for T&T at one point. All we needed was him to play midfield and be behind the ball. We definitely need to work on the one attacker up front thing, cause with El Salvador pouring forward, there were holes to  be exploited, especially by a player like Glen.

Anyways, its done now, 2 pts lost, but at least we got a point. We absolutely need to beat Honduras.
Me aint care who play, if Latas bite bench, i dont care, we need a 1-0 result.
Its hard to take, but if they had offered us a point before the game started, we would have gladly taken it....

My concern is that it doesnt affect the players psychologically...cause we all know how T&T performs based on momentum.
Bad starts usually end is disastrous campaigns - the exception being 2005
Good starts usually end with us doing very well.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2009, 05:42:12 AM »
I am hearing some negatives here, and I have to say I do not agree with some of the bashing...
for one thing, the team I saw in our colours in the first half was a new trini team- they were clicking together and taking the game to the opposition- and of course the best part- we scored ...twice!  ;D :applause:
unfortunately in the second half we lost the script- I think Yorkie was tired and should have given the arm band to Dennis L but he didn't- the middle came apart and that has been and continues to be our weakness.
 we didn't win- but I look forward to the next game- which is at home - and we will do better...
come on guys- we will build on this. remember it is the first game...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2009, 06:31:12 AM »
trini u make some valid points dey...the fouls committed were as a result of fatigue, when u tired u brain does say one ting and u legs does do someting else...plain and simple. 

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2009, 07:00:57 AM »
Don't blame Stern blame the damn skipper.  Dwight failed us big time but not stepping up and taking the PK.  Hopefully he acknowledges his gaffe.  

I also agree that we had really poor tactics the last quarter of the game.  This is bad.  We needed those 3 points

hear wha yuh saying but maybe the skip had a bad vibe so let stern handle it,
or he decide he wasn't taking 2 in the same game
would be interesting to hear Dwight thoughts on the decision doubt he would ever state it publicly.
Read yuh post on the 4 defenders selection and yeah kinda  still scratching meh head on that decision, can't understand rationale behind that at all.
Fire a coach when he take a point on the road??(yeah we drop 2). still early in the Hex. i thought they woulda lose to be honest.

I eh say to fire the coach, at least not yet!  I agree better to get a point on the road than none.  But in the words of Dennis Green "they are who we thought they were....and we let them off the hook".  That's what happened last night, we let El Salvador off the hook.

We still early but those points will loom large later on in the nex..  I myself would really like to hear Dwight's thoughts on why he didn't take the second PK.  He knows better.  Giving a man a penalty in a WC qualify to gain confidence to me is a no no....  Although I thought Stern had one of his better games for us in a long while.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2009, 07:15:55 AM »
 get a better coach please thank you
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2009, 08:30:19 AM »
  I have been saying this since 2005 - No matter how good (rarely) or how much shit (mostly) Stern John plays, NEVER give him to kick any penalty.

I said it during the Mexico game where we eventually won 2-1 in 2005, and of course he kicked and missed the penalty.

I said it during the USA game we won 2-1 last year, and thank GOD Dwight took it.

I said it again tonight and prayed for Dwight to take the first one which he did, sadly ALL of OUR prayers were unanswered when we were awarded the second penalty and lo and be shitting hold Lame John got to kick it. Dwight needs to beat himself for stupidly giving John the penalty to take!! Why does John no matter what ALWAYS get the opportunity to shit down himself oh shits man. Shame on your Dwight, you is the blasted man in charge kick all the damn penalties or give anyone else but John!!

I fed up of this, even if we had won I would have still beat Dwight for letting Shits John take the penalty... John did not play too badly tonight but oh gorsh NEVER let him kick a penalty please please... 4 years now I lobbying for this or gorsh mann....

I give up yes....

J.

Yuh disrespectful boy, that is the Legend you are referring to.

Més que un club.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2009, 08:32:41 AM »
The problem was fitness and tactics.
If you could go Central America and score 2 in a WCQ, it dont get much better than that.
Up till about 70 mins, we were having a very good game, the only real blot was Stern penalty miss.

But at this level, 11 vs 11, you should not concede 2 goals in the last 10 mins or so.
Fitness was the main factor, our players just stop doing the things that we were doing in the first half, ie running into space and creating passing lanes and keeping the ball in the middle of the field. I thought we were very good at doing that in the first half.
The age of the guys showed. Once you get tired, you commit unnecessary fouls, as you lose concentration and play more desperate.
Our fitness has always been one of our weaknesses.
Next thing - TACTICS.
I know we made our 3 subs when Stern came off, but this is the classic case of why Leo Beenhakker is a different quality to people liike Bertille and Maturana. People cuss Beenie when he never play Latapy in the WC, I bet if Beenie was in charge last night, we would have held that lead to win the game.
Yorke was beginning to be a liability coming to the end. Remember in the game vs Bahrain and Sweden how the T&T team played to kill time - possession and take the ball to the corner. Where was that last night. It seemed everytime we got the ball we tried to go straight up the middle and score. Why try to outshoot an opponent when u already leading them 2-0? Take the ball to the flanks, hold up the ball and run the clock.
The team is experienced enough to know to do this, I personally feels it comes back down to fatigue. Your mind knows what to do, but the body cant do it.
Its always hindsight to say what should have been done. And you could say the best way to defend is to attack. But Glen for Stern, with KJ already on the field made no sense with 20 mins to go. Why not bring on Denzil? Or have KJ drop back much more deep? He used to play stopper for T&T at one point. All we needed was him to play midfield and be behind the ball. We definitely need to work on the one attacker up front thing, cause with El Salvador pouring forward, there were holes to  be exploited, especially by a player like Glen.

Anyways, its done now, 2 pts lost, but at least we got a point. We absolutely need to beat Honduras.
Me aint care who play, if Latas bite bench, i dont care, we need a 1-0 result.
Its hard to take, but if they had offered us a point before the game started, we would have gladly taken it....

My concern is that it doesnt affect the players psychologically...cause we all know how T&T performs based on momentum.
Bad starts usually end is disastrous campaigns - the exception being 2005
Good starts usually end with us doing very well.

Good post deh Trini!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2009, 08:52:49 AM »
I agree, good post there Trini ...

when was the last time we took the game to the opposition?  I thought we played an excellent first half, my only grief was that the back 4 was playing too flat.  We had a plan to absorb the pressure and counter which resulted in 2 goals. Second half was tata.   We have to take the points where we could get it.  If we play a 2nd half like that against Mexico we go get purge so bad, tp will be the new currency.  De coach should have made some tactical changes in the last 15 mins. 

28th March in de stadium we go see de corbeaux brand live and direct against Honduras.  Third game vs US in the US.  Fourth is against Costa Rica in June in de stadium.  One game at a time with relevant coaching tactics.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2009, 09:14:14 AM »
I find we didn't deserve to be 2-0 up in the first place cause the Salvadoreans were cutting through our backline time and time again and is only luck prevented them from scoring all the time.

Also, I didn't read the whoe thread but wasn't Ince at fault for both those freekicks?

The second one he seemed blinded and dived late, thus not getting enough power. But he was in the wrong spot in the first place.The first one he was caught flat footed. Granted Lawrence was in the way but can't you picture Shaka at least getting string up making an all out attempt or world class keepers buldozing their own defenders out the way to claim the ball?

Stern played better than Kewnwyne and if he scored the pen, he would have been the MoM so I not crying him down, though I think he should no longer be first choice and Scotty and Kenwyne should be ahead of him when we playing one striker. Everyone misses penalties and Dwight regularly misses them for every team he has played for too, so he was no guarantee either despite scoring his last two for us.

Leon seems to be out of his depth when the foreign based here. Among the locals, he stands out in the middle. When the others here, he seems lost and committs too many fouls. But the thing is, he needs the exposure in order to improve and I think he is our best local based defensive mid so we cah discard or cry him down too much just yet(with the caveat that i have not seen enough of Trent Noel to compare).

But like it has been said many throughout...the main problem was sending on Cornell instead of Theobald or even Latapy playing right behind Kenwyne, who would keep it calm and help us retain ball possession. I was in shock when I hear we had 7 minutes to go plus injury time when they score the first goal. We were defending like if we holding on for dear life about 5 minutes before that. Just kicking the ball out instead of trying to keep it...pure amateurism.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2009, 09:15:15 AM »
I thoughts Mats went and scout them,he ent realize that man good at FKs.He have to go man steuppsss ,man calling for latas head when ,is he first day on the job as an assistant .

Who calling for Latas head. I eh read one post where men blame Latas out right.
like Latas blast ah pen over bar & shit hiself infront ah goal,men on hear on stern d#*k to hard

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2009, 09:18:24 AM »
Don't blame Stern blame the damn skipper. Dwight failed us big time but not stepping up and taking the PK. Hopefully he acknowledges his gaffe.  

I also agree that we had really poor tactics the last quarter of the game. This is bad. We needed those 3 points

I think you are so correct. Everyone knows a two goal lead is the most unstable lead in football.Yorke should have stepped up and put this game out of reach. It was not the time to try to boost a teammate's confidence.

That one moment was the turning point in this game. I don't blame the defense,I don't blame the coach. We seen this happen in football too many times. Yorke you are still the man, but next time better decision making please

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »
I find we didn't deserve to be 2-0 up in the first place cause the Salvadoreans were cutting through our backline time and time again and is only luck prevented them from scoring all the time.

Also, I didn't read the whoe thread but wasn't Ince at fault for both those freekicks?

The second one he seemed blinded and dived late, thus not getting enough power. But he was in the wrong spot in the first place.The first one he was caught flat footed. Granted Lawrence was in the way but can't you picture Shaka at least getting string up making an all out attempt or world class keepers buldozing their own defenders out the way to claim the ball?

Stern played better than Kewnwyne and if he scored the pen, he would have been the MoM so I not crying him down, though I think he should no longer be first choice and Scotty and Kenwyne should be ahead of him when we playing one striker. Everyone misses penalties and Dwight regularly misses them for every team he has played for too, so he was no guarantee either despite scoring his last two for us.

Leon seems to be out of his depth when the foreign based here. Among the locals, he stands out in the middle. When the others here, he seems lost and committs too many fouls. But the thing is, he needs the exposure in order to improve and I think he is our best local based defensive mid so we cah discard or cry him down too much just yet(with the caveat that i have not seen enough of Trent Noel to compare).

But like it has been said many throughout...the main problem was sending on Cornell instead of Theobald or even Latapy playing right behind Kenwyne, who would keep it calm and help us retain ball possession. I was in shock when I hear we had 7 minutes to go plus injury time when they score the first goal. We were defending like if we holding on for dear life about 5 minutes before that. Just kicking the ball out instead of trying to keep it...pure amateurism.
kj holding up the ball nice & feeding stern to miss,i still dont understand how stern played better than kj,ah guess stern get fouled in the box that is his highlight,ah see nuff men on hear will cry when scotty come back & stern left out

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:24 AM »
I really disappointed with our performance some might say we had the better of the first half but i disagree as soon as we score the first goal we was under constant pressure an the second one came against the run of play. We defense was in a mess for the whole game an i cant understand why the hell stern take that penalty!

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2009, 10:06:42 AM »
he take the pen because he is the country/island top scorer blah,blah,blah i would never forgive stern for taking ah pen like ah schoolboy or worst

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2009, 11:04:33 AM »
Stern fault ,Dwight fault ,Defense fault ,Mid Fault,2 strikers fault Muturana fault .Yah know who fault it really is ...is Jack Fault where the buck is stop ? He should of dismantled that coaching staff after the Bermuda debacle ,but no he persist ,with one bandage after the other .Well the chickens coming home to roost now ,no settled team ,no structure ,no tactics ,no in game change of strategy .no wonder ,we not going South Africa .
Last 20 mins last nite we put orn Corbeux  cruise control.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2009, 11:06:25 AM »
Stern are past his days.... let's all say thank you... and Hello Scotty... he will show Stern how to take penalties....

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2009, 11:07:56 AM »
  I have been saying this since 2005 - No matter how good (rarely) or how much shit (mostly) Stern John plays, NEVER give him to kick any penalty.

I said it during the Mexico game where we eventually won 2-1 in 2005, and of course he kicked and missed the penalty.

I said it during the USA game we won 2-1 last year, and thank GOD Dwight took it.

I said it again tonight and prayed for Dwight to take the first one which he did, sadly ALL of OUR prayers were unanswered when we were awarded the second penalty and lo and be shitting hold Lame John got to kick it. Dwight needs to beat himself for stupidly giving John the penalty to take!! Why does John no matter what ALWAYS get the opportunity to shit down himself oh shits man. Shame on your Dwight, you is the blasted man in charge kick all the damn penalties or give anyone else but John!!

I fed up of this, even if we had won I would have still beat Dwight for letting Shits John take the penalty... John did not play too badly tonight but oh gorsh NEVER let him kick a penalty please please... 4 years now I lobbying for this or gorsh mann....

I give up yes....

J.

Yuh disrespectful boy, that is the Legend you are referring to.

Legend my ass... how many of them goals was against Under 17 teams and Guyana.....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2009, 11:08:17 AM »
Stern are past his days.... let's all say thank you... and Hello Scotty... he will show Stern how to take penalties....
You retiring Stern before you bench KJ?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2009, 11:12:09 AM »
we need to send our whole football backstaff ttff players n coaching n techinical et al to iraq

also i want the TTFF to make a press conference and thereby a public statment abou tfiling a complaint with CONCACAF about the el salvadorians treatment of trini supports the abuse subjected to bottles pelting etc

but of course they wont they so blasted poor me one and wound licking the missed opportunity and spilt milk

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2009, 11:14:55 AM »

yes KJ to me had a poor game... but we mid and defense had a piss poor game also. KJ will soon be able to prove himself and Scotty will follow suit.... (Stern doh get regular sweat and we have potent strike power, juts got to have them firing on all cylinders)

Was it me or was stern with ah Mamasita for the first 25 mins.... cause I was looking for him sweating and drawing blanks.....???? Put him to pasture.... Roberts, Sealey, Scotland and Jones are all capable...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »
trini u make some valid points dey...the fouls committed were as a result of fatigue, when u tired u brain does say one ting and u legs does do someting else...plain and simple. 

But we gave away a lot of free kicks in the first half, too. It seems like it was a matter of time before they took advantage. Anyone have statistics on how many free kicks we gave away?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2009, 11:33:16 AM »
kj holding up the ball nice & feeding stern to miss,i still dont understand how stern played better than kj,ah guess stern get fouled in the box that is his highlight,ah see nuff men on hear will cry when scotty come back & stern left out

To me, KJ do that once in the second half and he has some flick ons that nobody get on to but first half he was non-existent and that was when we played our best. Stern was very much involved in the first half and didn't fall down half as much as he used to. Most times he was the one making the movement to recieve the ball in a good position (as opposed to men who claim that KJ get a set of bad ball and had to work miracles, Stern just make the passes look better but it was the same midfield feeding him). When Stern got the ball, KJ was static most times when he was the one who usually makes more runs off the ball, while Stern posts up. Second half he got more involved but he still didn't do much. Stern was having a good game and without the penalty miss, we woulda be rating him up here (except distgruntled), i am sure of it.

But like i said before, Kenwyne is the man now regarldless of one bad game, and Scotty has done enough to get a shot in front of Stern. But I not blaming Stern for the loss cause rreal big players is miss penalties.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2009, 11:46:52 AM »
This coach should've been gone since we failed to make the GC. fellas like leon , theobald , noel and jagdoesingh should not be selected before roberts avery and cyd! this is USA the 1st and guatemala in POS rolled up into one all over again.

watch how jack go get despo and call out all the troops and lose the rookies, like he did for USA the 2nd.

B4 dat June 15th 08 loss v Bermuda
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »
Sack Maturana. Pure bullshit. HORRIBLE TACTICS THE FINAL 10 mins......WHY ARE WE PLAYING WITH 2 STRIKERS?!!!!!
jesus i cant take this shit

he try ah beenie versus sweden

That was 1 striker!! not 2!

and how are men like Makan Hislop getting picked over Julius James?

I go pay some money 4 dat answer
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
Sack Maturana. Pure bullshit. HORRIBLE TACTICS THE FINAL 10 mins......WHY ARE WE PLAYING WITH 2 STRIKERS?!!!!!

Not before cock start to grow teeth...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2009, 12:03:48 PM »

Not before cock start to grow teeth...

I know meh pennies save

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2009, 12:06:39 PM »
Any team that concedes 2 goals in the last 10 mins of a game deserves to lose.
Thank God we escape with 1 pt, El Salvador coulda well cut we ass.
Ah still vex.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2009, 12:11:16 PM »
bench kj u must be smoking some good grade boi,not just retire stern ban him from trini lol,if we lived in colombia or some way else stern cant go home,good thing bad man in trini not on football

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2009, 12:20:31 PM »
bench kj u must be smoking some good grade boi,not just retire stern ban him from trini lol,if we lived in colombia or some way else stern cant go home,good thing bad man in trini not on football

Agreed.... ban his ass... all the Legend supporters go hold dey head and bawl when these two points come back to Haunt we.... You know Pancho  >:(

1]; } ?>