April 27, 2024, 03:23:42 AM

Author Topic: Heads have to roll  (Read 18263 times)

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Heads have to roll
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »
ah well on to the next game we have 1 point better than not, it happen aready. All i have to say is all our weaknesses show in that game, especially fitness

my thoughts exactly
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »
Wim woulda win de game  :devil:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
:devil:

I feel Mats geh a pañol gift basket in he hotel room ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:28:56 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »
i ask the question again. is el salvador above sea level? why were we looking so tired in the last 15 minutes of the game? dont our players play professionally? i will like to believe  that fitness  is a very important part of any successful team
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2009, 02:23:18 PM »
i ask the question again. is el salvador above sea level? why were we looking so tired in the last 15 minutes of the game? dont our players play professionally? i will like to believe  that fitness  is a very important part of any successful team

Some old and not match fit/ others just not match fit/others just not fit.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2009, 02:29:42 PM »

AND
we does play Corbeaux brand
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2009, 02:37:42 PM »

AND

Like how we give steelband 2 d world we have given d corbeaux brand.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2009, 02:49:19 PM »
Here we go again. We draw an away match and many people on this forum talking SHIT again.

1) Fire Maturana.
2) Things have to change
3) Stern John fault
4) Blame somebody ect. ect.

We come from an away game with one point and we in problems.

Let's look at the game objectively:

1) T&T were leading 2-0 and threw away a chance to go 3-0 up. Dwight Yorke should have taken the penalty not Stern John. If we had won the game, it would have been a different story.

2) T&T did not play well. I think we showed fight and heart in the first half but the players gave away the ball too much, let El Salvador back into the game ect, ect. Nothing new to us. We need to play ninety minutes of football not 45mins. Hopefully, we will build on this.

3) We get a point in an AWAY match. If we come home and beat Honduras we will have four points from two matches. Compare this to the last campaign when we lost to the USA a home and then got a whopping of a lifetime from Guatemala. hen we draw with Costa Rica at home. One point from three matches then. Already, we are doing better than in one match. We need to improve but let's do it quickly.

4) Remember statistics, T&T have never won an opening match in their campaign in a final round.

In the end, we should have won this match easily but with our side, nothing is ever easy. We can shut out the opposition. However, no need for the SHIT doom and gloom talk so early in the campaign. Wait for a couple more matches to take place and then judge

You could feel happy that we have 1 away point.  I vex that we throw away 2 away points.   I doh care if we was playing on de moon.  We cannot afford to give up 2 goals with 7 minutes to go.  We are not Mexico or the USA.  Shit like that will come back to bite we in de ass.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2009, 02:51:25 PM »
Sometime d class does b 1/2 empty it 1/2 empty now.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2009, 03:00:22 PM »
Do maturana practise free kick defending?  The last 4 games we gave up 3 goals via Freekicks.  This is the wall.  Trini's on the left, and Salvadorians on the right.  You know there is a high posibility he going to kick it towards the Salvadorian and the will move out quickly to shadow the keeper. There should be at least too Trini rushing toward the kicker and that direction to block the kick.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »
Do maturana practise free kick defending? 

Somebody say we doh do all ah that.  :-\
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2009, 03:18:02 PM »

eh?
say that gain
we doh practise that??
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2009, 03:26:59 PM »

eh?
say that gain
we doh practise that??

How many times did the same team score goals from free kicks on we in the pass few games… like three?  Yeah we does practice. Get it!  :idea: 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 03:29:18 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2009, 03:28:59 PM »

eh?
say that gain
we doh practise that??

How many times did the same team get goals from free kicks against us in the pass few games… like three?  Yeah we does practice. Get it!  :idea: 
TTFF football is THE BEST :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »
latapy say we get we tactics spot on except 4 the last 10  mins. hmmmmmmmmmm
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2009, 05:44:53 PM »

he should have said except the last 20

but he did say how it was up to maturana and he is the head coach and yuh hadda respect his decision

this was when he was asked should we have changed formation when 2-0 up

proving MATURANA IS A c**t...as if we didnt know before

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2009, 05:54:03 PM »

with our full squad we failed to beat them
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2009, 06:22:49 PM »

AND

Look de formation...4-4-4 ;)...circle slowly downward and reach de end before goin for de kill

me eh know wha allyuh vex so for...heart attack football is de norm, allyuh should be use to it by now
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »
so why change formation people
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »
Sack Maturana. Pure bullshit. HORRIBLE TACTICS THE FINAL 10 mins......WHY ARE WE PLAYING WITH 2 STRIKERS?!!!!!
jesus i cant take this shit
       Take it easy Breds,if a man had 10 horrible mins in a game that means he had 80 good mins,you going to fire him for that?all he have to work on now is the last 10 mins of the game and he good to go :devil: man throw way penalty,open goal,all kind ah thing,what is it we can't take. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »

he should have said except the last 20

but he did say how it was up to maturana and he is the head coach and yuh hadda respect his decision

this was when he was asked should we have changed formation when 2-0 up

proving MATURANA IS A c**t...as if we didnt know before

Latas u cyah run tings sometime Mats give d wuk 2 u d assistant does b d Holly B Scouting 4 Talent but he went. They ask y u eh play he say u did not have on yuh shoes. It was up 2 u 2 decide if u want 2 play. Just stamp yuh full authority 4get friendism and take me 2 SA

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2009, 07:25:27 PM »
24 hours after de game and we still cyar get comments from de coach ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2009, 07:29:02 PM »
He did I hear a sports journalist read it out but me eh c it since I back on d MB.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2009, 07:57:08 PM »
The iron of our team is that the teamthat played last night had mostly EPL based players. The local players who went to Argentina looked fit but the EPL boys(except Carlos and Me mum) looked short of breadth. So what is the problem with the overseas based players.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »
Do maturana practise free kick defending?  The last 4 games we gave up 3 goals via Freekicks.  This is the wall.  Trini's on the left, and Salvadorians on the right.  You know there is a high posibility he going to kick it towards the Salvadorian and the will move out quickly to shadow the keeper. There should be at least too Trini rushing toward the kicker and that direction to block the kick.
1st goal - dennis lawrence realize jus as the man runnin up to take the free kick that nobody markin' the post - runnin' backwards as the ball get kick - cyah back peddle and stop shot.
2nd goal - nobody.  nobody ever tell nobody what to do when a free kick comin - yorke?  tell somebody cuz nobody have a clue.
a beenie coached team woulda never allow that  ;D

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »

Obviously you never kick a lime in yuh life.  What are you talking about man...

Yuh doh have to coach that players know that.  Goalkeepers at a young age know based on the distance and angle and talent how many players going in the wall etc.  Come on, why do you think Dennis Lawrence was trying to get back towards the goal, obviously the coach talk about it. 

As far as attacking the kicker, them fellas is professionals and the coach doh have to coach that.  Primary school players know that you attack the ball. Come on man!!!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »

Obviously you never kick a lime in yuh life.  What are you talking about man...

Yuh doh have to coach that players know that.  Goalkeepers at a young age know based on the distance and angle and talent how many players going in the wall etc.  Come on, why do you think Dennis Lawrence was trying to get back towards the goal, obviously the coach talk about it. 

As far as attacking the kicker, them fellas is professionals and the coach doh have to coach that.  Primary school players know that you attack the ball. Come on man!!!

Strategies changes on different levels of the game. When a team kicking free kick right outside de 18, you have to let a player stand up on de ball until your formation/wall is set, before a tricky fast shot is taken while your formation is being set. That is what ah telling alyuh we unorganized as a team and them men not sure of what to do...who's fault is that???   

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2009, 05:24:18 PM »
Dat man ain't get the axe yet!!!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2009, 05:58:31 PM »
Dat man ain't get the axe yet!!!!!!!

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

giggsy11

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2009, 06:30:03 PM »
Heads have tuh role?- but will a new manager make Dwight a better leader or younger? Dwight and Latapy were the perfect combo that led Trinidad through the run tuh Germany. Depending on Dwight to do it by himself is a big mistake. The team lacked leadership on the field. Nobody appear to be setting an example on how to settle men down. Men was huffin the ball down the field when they had time to settle and pass the ball around. Who was tryin to settle the team down when men was panicking? To mant players lacked the composure to handle the situation plus there was a lack of focus to kill the game. May be the players were just not good enough.

1]; } ?>