April 27, 2024, 03:22:45 AM

Author Topic: Warriors allow El Salvador a great come back.  (Read 26637 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors allow El Salvador a great come back.
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2009, 06:47:24 AM »
at least we aint loss we have 1 point and joint 3rd in the table  :-\
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors allow El Salvador to come back.
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2009, 06:58:02 AM »
maturana is ah c**t,hope he come on de forum and read this.

not so loud. Scouts does come here to access people, so your words could possibly hut his chances at landing another contract.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors allow El Salvador to come back.
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »
maturana is ah c**t,hope he come on de forum and read this.

not so loud. Scouts does come here to access people, so your words could possibly hut his chances at landing another contract.

:devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scolari TnT coach in waiting?
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2009, 07:13:29 AM »
Fellas done mention that possibility .We know Jack can make magic if he want to.Wha allyuh say?

no magic this time boy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: stern should neva wear another tnt uniform
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2009, 07:13:39 AM »
Stern had a good game,was the busier of the strikers. The whole team play tatta except for Ince up to the last freekick. We squander chances, lay back way too much. Giving the El Salvadorian player too much respect, we did not have any spell of sustain possesion om that game. That middle field eh cross the half line in the second half. The defence is another story altogether. I eh have time to go through the deficencies. If we play that sbrand against the US and Mexico.......The whole squad need a bush bath....coach and technical staff included. So if Stern should stop wear the jersey, all a dem should hand it in too !!

What do you guys expect in WC qualifying?  Yuh think the other team not playing too or not wanting to win.  You are crazy man.  How could you say the whole team play tatta and need a bush bath.  That is utter nonsense.  The team played well.  Granted we didn't do a very good job of holding the lead late in the game but we got tired...say it like it is, we got tired and were just chasing.  When is the last time you see us that organized when men behind the ball.  We were frustrating El Salvador until we just got too tired.

You try going into a hostile environment and getting points in WC qualifying.  Me eh saying we played outstanding football but we definitely didn't play tatta.  What a garbage post.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: enough is enough with the murphies law already!
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2009, 07:17:55 AM »
We not going the World Cup with this coach like we was saying lastnite JC .We didnt go GC either see a possible trend. Even with Latas is look like friend friend thing  and especially Dwight not trusting the younger players to do there thing e.g Keon with FKs,he think we totally depending on him  steupsss

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2009, 07:22:38 AM »
We not going the World Cup with this coach like we was saying lastnite JC .We didnt go GC either see a possible trend. Even with Latas is look like friend friend thing  and especially Dwight not trusting the younger players to do there thing e.g Keon with FKs,he think we totally depending on him  steupsss

for real he cah make gold cup so what we fooling we self for that he taking us world cup
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2009, 07:23:55 AM »
GUTTED

the art of substitutions...we went wrong

after the enforced sub with thomas/hislop...we left with 2....ok...birch and yorke on yellow cards...the next sub shoulda be  bleeder for KJ....give birch 10/15 more mins..then latas for Birch...
macho ting with 80 mins gone..two-nil lead away from home..and 2 strikers still on the pitch...to do what ??kill off de game ??...the game was killed off in the first half...poor poor decisions...

Offline rumblers17

• New Warrior
  • now thats a belt!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2009, 07:27:48 AM »
allyuh cah blame nun of the players for what happen. pressure is buss pipe. who/what cause the pressure tactics. Only Maturana should be blamed for what happened, espescially when he see all tha pressure we was under in the last few minutes, we had no more subs but he coulda atleast make Jones drop back into midfield to help out. Is not like Jones doh know how to defend after all he was a rightback for Connection, anyway thas that what happened happen, say thank goodness we eh loss them had rel chances if they had a quality foward say like a JOHN they woulda win... If we continue to play like that we gonna find it hard to even score against better teams because that kinda pressure you see in the last few minutes going to be constant against a mexico or the states... Bring back WHITELY!!!!!! and finally some body please teach Daniel how to tackle

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2009, 07:28:46 AM »
We are forgetting that we went to El Salvador and earned a point. Especially in a place we typically don't do all that well. It wasn't a smooth performance, but we did good things too. Both forwards worked hard defensively, even if Jones wasn't sharp.

Two things let us down in the end. We ran out of gas (Yorke was dead on his feet and Stern was relieved to come off when he did). Maybe as a result of this we started to panic and just kick the ball away turning over possession and allowing El Salvador to run attack after attack at us.

It's easy as spectators to crictisize tactics and substitutions when there is no pressure on our decisions and because it isn't tested we always know we are right and the coach is wrong. Did we need to play with 1 forward for the whole second half? I don't think so, we did a good job managing El Salvador and had 4 good opportunities to add to our lead. Stern missed the penalty and his initial shot on the one on one could have been better, Jones needed to finish that play off but only he knows why he left the ball and Hislop also had a header saved off of the line. Kudos to El Salvador who could have given up but fought right until the final whistle and that more than our short comings I think was the reason for the final score.

Oh, is it just me or was Lawrence struggling a bit with his mobility?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2009, 07:31:43 AM »
Those players are professionals and they are paid to handle pressure situations. Sometimes you hold on and sometimes you don't. A coach can't go out onto the pitch and make decisions for the players. To blame the coach is just looking for a scape goat. The guys panicked in the last 10 minutes. Look at the number of times we won the ball and then just kicked it away to allow the El Salvador team another chance to attack.

If we must blame anyone for the result it should be the El Salvador team for never giving up and playing us hard until the very end. Our players, mistakes aside, performed creditably and the tactics were good enough to get us up 2-0 with chances to add to that.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2009, 07:33:04 AM »
steups...

for de men who saying we did well going to el salvador and getting a point, i have one sentence for allyuh...

WHEN YUH HAVE SIDE TO HANG IS TO HANG DEM!!   >:(

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2009, 07:37:24 AM »
We have the pieces ,but to much divisions,in the team, I s like my moms use to say ,I doh know what to wear cause I have to much clothes,to choose from.And even if we pick the rite combo Mats go use the wrong tactics and subs.
I doubt we going the world cup ,even with latas it look like the inmates running the asylum .

Offline faith

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »
When will the coach and the football team get serious and remember that it is the WORLD CUP we want to go to. They are not playing for themselves but for future footballers of Trinidad and Tobago. I find that the footballers don't work/play as a team, honestly I feel they are more concern about fame and their own identity.  Like they never heard of cooperation makes things happen. Its about time the coach pick the men he wants on the team and build the team rather than changing men if they make mistakes which are likely to happen.  How would they know their strengths and weakness.

Another thing, I just dont comprehend that after all these years of football, both playing local and foreign, has anyone perfect anything. Come on man, is only football they are doing, these guys should be great by now. Is there any room on the team for me or I can coach if they like.

One last thing, after men, like Spann, Jones, Edwards, Lawrence, Yorke, John, etc who else do we have to carry us forward. Is anyone thinking about that.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2009, 07:50:37 AM »
For de ppl who sayin at least we earned a point in El Salvador, El Salvador is the weakest team in de hex!
In de last hex Panama had that distinction, and we took maximum points off them.
Which other teams do you think will get 1 pt or less in El Salvador?
It is a terrible result.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2009, 07:56:41 AM »
steups...

for de men who saying we did well going to el salvador and getting a point, i have one sentence for allyuh...

WHEN YUH HAVE SIDE TO HANG IS TO HANG DEM!!   >:(

I agree with that in principle. However, we need to look at our history and be thankful for what we managed to get from that game. El Salvador missed a few opportunities in the first half that could have changed the complexion of the game. They could be saying the same thing, "we had them to hang and let them off."

We are getting ahead of ourselves and forgetting our place in world football. We aren't entitled to 3 points when we go out and play in CONCACAF, especially in away matches, ESPECIALLY in Central and North America. We are fortunate to have come away with a point. If you don't agree with me that's fine, but I hope we appreciate this point when we travel to Mexico, USA, Costa Rica or Honduras.

Peong, if El Salvador is the weakest team in the Hex then we have bigger problems than earning this draw. They ran us all over the pitch and we were lucky to be leading in the first place. Maybe we need to deflate the opinion we have ourselves first and then count our blessings as we receive them.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2009, 07:58:20 AM »
why did he switch to a 4-4-2 ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2009, 08:01:46 AM »
Peong I have to agree with you.

Historical results aside (we are living in the present) the plan would have been to take 6 points against El Salvador in our matchups. This result now puts even more pressure on us to get maximum points against Honduras (home and away).

I still am a bit miffed at the decision to bring on a forward in the last 15-20 mins in a game away from home when you are leading 2-0.

As much as we now regret Stern's penalty miss...it happens in football and for me was not reason for the defeat. I think the Soca Warriors Coaching staff got it all wrong and this in the end cost us the 3 points. Hats off to El Salvador though for never giving up on the game.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2009, 08:03:23 AM »
Fellas done mention that possibility .We know Jack can make magic if he want to.Wha allyuh say?

no magic this time boy

Agreed, that's like pulling an elephant out of a hat!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2009, 08:06:25 AM »
Men talkin bout too much people focus on de penalty.

I doh know how yuh CANNOT focus on de penalty.

Whether yuh team playin bad or not...whether the defence shaky or not...THE FACT remains....you have a chance to go 3-0 AWAY from home in a hostile environment.  It is not about missing the penalty.  ANY PLAYER could have missed the penalty.

The real issue is why did Stern John take the penalty when Dwight Yorke had already successfully taken a penalty?  IMO....dat was padnah ting.  It wasn't as a result of no "strategy" or de goalie would have seen Yorke take de penalty and know where he goin now.  The simple fact of it is that there was no good footballing reason for Stern John to take that penalty.  And THAT is essentially what cost us the 3 points last night.

We asked fuh padnahs to run de team.  Well we get it...and it come back to bite we in we ass now.

The other thing is...IF IT IS TRUE that Dwight Yorke got a second yellow for arguing...that is a SHOCKING piece of unprofessionalism from as experienced a footballer as he is.  That is UNACCEPTABLE.  He is allegedly in the team to bring stability and leadership...qualities that, if he was in fact given a 2nd yellow card for arguing, he blatantly failed to exhibit.  That is INEXCUSABLE from any player but even more so from him.  We also start back deferring to senior players when taking free kicks etc when you have players who are better equipped for these roles like Keon Daniel havin to watch on.

His decision to allow Stern John to take that penalty as well as his amateurish, wholly unprofessional display in getting that 2nd yellow (if that was indeed the case) are incidents that may very well haunt the rest of this campaign.  There was NO LEADERSHIP shown on the field when El Salvador scored their first goal to the end of the game.  The team completely fell apart led in major part by their captain.  Dwight Yorke has it in him to redeem himself and his team, but on this occasion, he wears the goat horns.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 08:08:52 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »
Palos,

I absolutely agree that the team did lack leadership when El Salvador scored their first goal, but IMHO the discussion of why Stern took the penalty and not Dwight would only merit further discussion if you could have guaranteed that if Dwight took it he would have scored.
Consider if Dwight took it and missed and the end result remained the same 2-2...what would be your POV then?

I still think we lost it because we failed to adapt tactically to the game situation in the last 20 mins or so.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2009, 08:17:58 AM »
Nah....Don't think he'll want to coach us; not enough depth in quality...plain talk

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2009, 08:19:43 AM »
Palos,

I absolutely agree that the team did lack leadership when El Salvador scored their first goal, but IMHO the discussion of why Stern took the penalty and not Dwight would only merit further discussion if you could have guaranteed that if Dwight took it he would have scored.
Consider if Dwight took it and missed and the end result remained the same 2-2...what would be your POV then?

I still think we lost it because we failed to adapt tactically to the game situation in the last 20 mins or so.

NAH dwight is penalty taker if he miss i would of say he miss and hubble meh self , but still vex. the fact that a non penalty taker take it and miss is what i vex over
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2009, 08:32:20 AM »
Palos,

whether dwight might have scored or missed is not d point, the laws of probability was in his favor, given the result of the first PK, whether Keon would have scored d FK, again not d the point, the laws of probability  was in his favor, given past results.................,dey ever find d ball after d SJ FK in 05, play man to dere strengths, and spot kicks is not one of Stern's, nor should a spot kick ever be used to help ah man get back confidence that is ah presure situation and self belief would have alway been tested
I pity the fool....

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2009, 08:39:30 AM »
it boggles the mind ..ok even if Dwight didnt want to use the wonder kid and leading scorer for us to date ,cause he prefer ah partner.....Check out that man down on the right name Mr Silvio Spann nah  jah.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »
Dwight should have been MAN enough.

He should have been LEADER enough

He should have been CAPTAIN enough

To tell Stern John NO...yuh NOT takin dis kick.

Padnah ting doh wuk in dat environment....and it come back to bite we...HARD!

Dwight completely lost the plot after that....culminating in his sending off at the end of the game.

There was absolutely nothing wrong tactically with the substitutions IMO.

Glenn would have been a fresh pair of legs to use as an outlet against an El Salvador team that was desperately pushing up.  His pace would have been a great asset there.  I'm not sure any other coach would have done differently.

Birchall was out of gas.  Was he out of gas moreso than say Yorke?  Maybe not....but Yorke is the captain.  He supposed to step up and provide leadership in precisely the kind of situation we found ourselves in.  Instead, he folded up like a Patraj roti and the team followed suit.

In short...our greatest asset (our experience), proved to be our greatest liability on the night.  And it will affect us negatively for the next game against Honduras AT HOME because Yorke...on whom the players have become so dependent..will not be there and Honduras comin fuh blood as dem have ZERO POINTS.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2009, 08:44:39 AM »
I have never been a fan of rotating the penalty taker. It doesn't really go well. If this is the man that scores the pens let him take it especially if the man already converted a pk in the game. I agree with palos on that one.

But yuh cyar tell me Stern missing a goal cause T&T to drop 2 points after being 2 nil up in the game. The argument might have been more sound if it was one goal, but two? Nah man. The problem was we were too open and allowed El  Salvador to attack us to no end. The defending was piss poor throughout the game.

We just dropped points after leading 2 nil obviously the problem isn't scoring goals.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »
allyuh cah blame nun of the players for what happen. pressure is buss pipe. who/what cause the pressure tactics. Only Maturana should be blamed for what happened, espescially when he see all tha pressure we was under in the last few minutes, we had no more subs but he coulda atleast make Jones drop back into midfield to help out. Is not like Jones doh know how to defend after all he was a rightback for Connection, anyway thas that what happened happen, say thank goodness we eh loss them had rel chances if they had a quality foward say like a JOHN they woulda win... If we continue to play like that we gonna find it hard to even score against better teams because that kinda pressure you see in the last few minutes going to be constant against a mexico or the states... Bring back WHITELY!!!!!! and finally some body please teach Daniel how to tackle

Your 1st post I see, no wonder. Welcome!

I personally don't think we can blame Maturana; at least not totally. After all, the players on the team are supposedly our best. I mean, tell me who can be replaced and do an extraordinary job than the other?

Who do we have better than our strikers? Our midfield was possibly our best line up. Only dubious position was that in Silvio and Edwards. Those two players can play, but just wasn't consistent.

But the things that happen on the field, is in the hands of the players. Only the players had control of holding up the ball properly, controlling the ball cleanly, making a proper pass, making a proper cross, keeping control of the game when we were 2 goals up, marking and tracking properly. Is it Maturana fault that the best possible players available to the team cannot do this?

PLAYERS NEED TO BE HELD MORE ACCOUNTABLE.

Kingman
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:18:31 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »
Yuh cyah blame de loss on any 1 thing, but de bottom line is, GOALS WIN MATCHES.

So if you leading 3 - nil, den de other team have to score 3 to tie and 4 to beat yuh.

If u leading 2 - nil and get ah penalty, in any game, but even more so in yuh fuss game of de hex, on de road, for ah chance to go to d WC, knowing dam well dat if yuh finish anything but top 3, dat is not 4kin Bahrain or Azerbaijan, but de 5th place team from CONMEBOL, yuh doh 4k around. Yuh make sure dat ball end up in d back ah d net. Especially wen yuh no it go be even harder gettin points on d road against every other team in d hex, and also, knowin dat chances of goin forward very slim with jus takin points at home.

I REAL 4kin vex. STEUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toujour Pret!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2009, 09:16:47 AM »
why did he switch to a 4-4-2 ?

What u mean? From the 4-5-1 we usually play? Cause it have nobody to play Latas role just behind the strikers yet and Latas probably didn't want to drop Stern cause he's part of the Trini Trinity!!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>