April 27, 2024, 09:39:19 AM

Author Topic: Warriors allow El Salvador a great come back.  (Read 26648 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: stern should neva wear another tnt uniform
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »

Omar yuh must have been watching another game ,becuz I had tuh ask de same question bout KJ . Stern was definately de more active player between de two. What game yuh was watching ,de Derby game or wha  ;)

Beris, hush likkle bit nuh.

The man had a chance to kill of a game and send the ball in the stands and you still defending him to the end.

The oh so brilliant Stern turn was slow as hell and he know it, that is why he fall down when the defender give him the slightest touch. The referee gifted us that penalty, no other league in no other part of the world we would ah get that penalty. That was sorf like butter in the sun. Stern jes doh have the speed to turn and blow pass a defender like say a Fernando Torres.

Berris, is time to stop yuh blind patriotism.

Yuh right he had ah chance tuh kill off de game and he miss de penalty ,I'll give yuh that . But fuh ah man who supposedly following first class football yuh shud realize dais part of de game ,big big players does miss penalty . That being said #14 shud not have taken de penalty ,we suppose tuh have a couple players practising dead ball situations, so when that come up it eh have no second guessing and dais clearly de coaching staff reponsibility . We does take free kicks to lightly ,free kick right outside de box and we wasting them ,yuh have tuh make teams pay from dem situations ,just like we pay last night ...twice .
Now yuh telling me bout 'blind patriotism' well why you eh remove yuh blind hate and give de man credit for ah good game . He was instrumental in both TnT goals and was the better striker last night .Yuh have tuh be just plain wicked tuh say de man 'fall down ' and was not dragged down after turning de defender . Yes he clearly turn de man . You really believe Stern wasn't heading fuh goal ? Yuh gehing on like yuh never see it before .Typical #14 , turn de defender and boom goal . Nobody ever say Stern cud blow past defenders like Torres but what ah cud say for 100% surety ... #14 have more international goals than Torres .(whatever yuh want tuh assume from that go ahead )

Stern is not tuh blame for de draw last night .What happen tuh we backline ? fack dat, what happen tuh de entire team in de last 20mins ? we cudda get about 5 , Ince saved well but how much ball bounce off he chest or hands ? how much shots ES had compare tuh TnT ? How much times we backline looking like de eh have ah clue, especially on de left side ? Or  pacho bringing on a striker when we leading 2-0 and leave on ah tired DY . Check and see how much time CG touch de ball when he come on.   So is much more than SJ missing de penalty, dais one incident ,buh doh blindly leave out the others .
Now I doh expect yuh tuh stop hating #14 dais your claim tuh fame here, but go back and look at the game and fuh once try and remove yuh 'blind hate'  and you realize SJ was our best player last night .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Time to SEND MORE BRITZ?
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2009, 10:01:20 PM »
behave alyah self nah .steuppss wake up nobody coming to help ,this is our fight.

Quagmire yuh neva know

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: stern should neva wear another tnt uniform
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »

Omar yuh must have been watching another game ,becuz I had tuh ask de same question bout KJ . Stern was definately de more active player between de two. What game yuh was watching ,de Derby game or wha  ;)

Beris, hush likkle bit nuh.

The man had a chance to kill of a game and send the ball in the stands and you still defending him to the end.

The oh so brilliant Stern turn was slow as hell and he know it, that is why he fall down when the defender give him the slightest touch. The referee gifted us that penalty, no other league in no other part of the world we would ah get that penalty. That was sorf like butter in the sun. Stern jes doh have the speed to turn and blow pass a defender like say a Fernando Torres.

Berris, is time to stop yuh blind patriotism.

Yuh right he had ah chance tuh kill off de game and he miss de penalty ,I'll give yuh that . But fuh ah man who supposedly following first class football yuh shud realize dais part of de game ,big big players does miss penalty . That being said #14 shud not have taken de penalty ,we suppose tuh have a couple players practising dead ball situations, so when that come up it eh have no second guessing and dais clearly de coaching staff reponsibility . We does take free kicks to lightly ,free kick right outside de box and we wasting them ,yuh have tuh make teams pay from dem situations ,just like we pay last night ...twice .
Now yuh telling me bout 'blind patriotism' well why you eh remove yuh blind hate and give de man credit for ah good game . He was instrumental in both TnT goals and was the better striker last night .Yuh have tuh be just plain wicked tuh say de man 'fall down ' and was not dragged down after turning de defender . Yes he clearly turn de man . You really believe Stern wasn't heading fuh goal ? Yuh gehing on like yuh never see it before .Typical #14 , turn de defender and boom goal . Nobody ever say Stern cud blow past defenders like Torres but what ah cud say for 100% surety ... #14 have more international goals than Torres .(whatever yuh want tuh assume from that go ahead )

Stern is not tuh blame for de draw last night .What happen tuh we backline ? fack dat, what happen tuh de entire team in de last 20mins ? we cudda get about 5 , Ince saved well but how much ball bounce off he chest or hands ? how much shots ES had compare tuh TnT ? How much times we backline looking like de eh have ah clue, especially on de left side ? Or  pacho bringing on a striker when we leading 2-0 and leave on ah tired DY . Check and see how much time CG touch de ball when he come on.   So is much more than SJ missing de penalty, dais one incident ,buh doh blindly leave out the others .
Now I doh expect yuh tuh stop hating #14 dais your claim tuh fame here, but go back and look at the game and fuh once try and remove yuh 'blind hate'  and you realize SJ was our best player last night .

couldn't have said it better myself
 :beermug:

now go and rip into that c**t disgruntled on his stern thread   :devil:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2009, 10:08:38 PM »
Have faith man ,doh worry the journey now start,  watch WIN ,lose or draw we warriors . Look am guaranteeing a win against Honduras .   

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »
I wouldnt mind a fullback to be honest... but once they come in like Birchall did and prepare to get stuck in and give it 110%

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »
115% Vat Inclusive.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2009, 10:34:17 PM »
Have faith man ,doh worry the journey now start,  watch WIN ,lose or draw we warriors . Look am guaranteeing a win against Honduras .   

so they say against el salvador
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors allow El Salvador a great come back.
« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2009, 11:25:55 PM »
Like some have already said, what terrible decisions by Yorke! Terrible unprofessionlism on all fronts by him.

In truth though, I think most everyone wearing the colours disappointed me last night. Where was that fighting spirit that we've come to know and love? These so-called professionals were making the same mistakes over and over again. They looked like a bunch of scared 15 year old school boys, not paid professionals representing their country. From stupid fouls in dangerous positions, dumping the ball up field without a single thought of trying to find a team mate, not communicating with one another. Lord, the list goes on and on and on.

As for this excuse of a coach. I would very much like to know what it is he thinks he's doing. I'm sitting here trying to think of when I've ever witnessed a worse coaching job, and I can't think of one. I've seen better coaching from high school games farless for an international WCQ. I mean honestly, WHAT THE FU*K was running through that man head last night? He had basic, basic, BASIC NO BRAINER decisions to make and could not make them. He needs to go RIGHT NOW!!!

Lastly, Stern, thanks for everything you've done for us in the past but it's time to hang up them boots. People can make all the excuses they want for you but the bottom line is, you can't be missing those types of chances in these games. End of story. And hopefully, end of your international career. Damn you Dwight for giving that clown the penalty.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2009, 11:37:26 PM »
Damn you Dwight for giving that clown the penalty.

What make Stern a clown?

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2009, 11:48:24 PM »
Like some have already said, what terrible decisions by Yorke! Terrible unprofessionlism on all fronts by him.

In truth though, I think most everyone wearing the colours disappointed me last night.

Lastly, Stern, thanks for everything you've done for us in the past but it's time to hang up them boots. People can make all the excuses they want for you but the bottom line is, you can't be missing those types of chances in these games. End of story. And hopefully, end of your international career. Damn you Dwight for giving that clown the penalty.

De only clown here is you and de pack ah assness yuh just post .Get ah life and grow up, who de fack is you to decide that #14 international career shud be over .Yuh must be never kick ah facking ball in yuh life buh yuh now you is ah expert on who international career shud be over ? Like I already told  another  idiot like yuh self ,if the TnT team 'disappoint' yuh so much then go n jump orf ah facking bridge and end it . You sounding like we went they and lose de game  ???. SHIT HAPPENS ..DEAL WID IT AND MOVE TUH FACK ON TO DE NEXT GAME ...
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline TTVillafan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2009, 11:59:12 PM »
fellas in all honesty, dat penalty scored is 3-0 down, el salvador nite done, the fans go pelt bottle and they go play stinker and foul more... bottomline stern did have one of his better games for tnt in along time but he really sucks at taking penalties and should not do so...dwight for now is the penalty taker...if is five frigging penalties then let him take all goddam 5, it is not a f**king friendly, is worldcup qualifiying.. no kissmeass experimenting and friend thing i score 1 so u take next one...boss they are pros.. do wat is rite for the team to win... i frigging hurting all day today... this was supposed to be a 6 pointer team

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 13, 2009, 12:06:05 AM »
behave alyah self nah .steuppss wake up nobody coming to help ,this is our fight.

Exactly! ..This is our fight....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 13, 2009, 05:40:56 AM »
thats right...our fight
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2009, 06:27:50 AM »
And if some player wnt to come on board to help then what? we should say no

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2009, 07:36:53 AM »

In truth though, I think most everyone wearing the colours disappointed me last night.

De only clown here is you and de pack ah assness yuh just post .Get ah life and grow up, who de fack is you to decide that #14 international career shud be over .Yuh must be never kick ah facking ball in yuh life buh yuh now you is ah expert on who international career shud be over ? Like I already told  another  idiot like yuh self ,if the TnT team 'disappoint' yuh so much then go n jump orf ah facking bridge and end it . You sounding like we went they and lose de game  ???. SHIT HAPPENS ..DEAL WID IT AND MOVE TUH FACK ON TO DE NEXT GAME ...

Who am I to making these decisions? Someone with a brain and a basic understanding of the game. You're just another apologist who doesn't have half a clue. Cry all you want about my post, but i'll say it again: missing that penalty and that 1 on 1 is unacceptable at this level. By the way, who are YOU to say it shouldn't be over? You need to WAKE UP and stop having such low expectations. We're never going to get anywhere constantly accepting bad play.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »

De only clown here is you and de pack ah assness yuh just post .Get ah life and grow up, who de fack is you to decide that #14 international career shud be over .Yuh must be never kick ah facking ball in yuh life buh yuh now you is ah expert on who international career shud be over ? Like I already told  another  idiot like yuh self ,if the TnT team 'disappoint' yuh so much then go n jump orf ah facking bridge and end it . You sounding like we went they and lose de game  ???. SHIT HAPPENS ..DEAL WID IT AND MOVE TUH FACK ON TO DE NEXT GAME ...

Who am I to making these decisions? Someone with a brain and a basic understanding of the game. You're just another apologist who doesn't have half a clue. Cry all you want about my post, but i'll say it again: missing that penalty and that 1 on 1 is unacceptable at this level. By the way, who are YOU to say it shouldn't be over? You need to WAKE UP and stop having such low expectations. We're never going to get anywhere constantly accepting bad play.

WE ?????   Who facking WE ???  doh fool yuh arse you eh no Warrior ...You come here talking pure fackery bout 'damn you Dwight ' and what is 'unacceptable at this level ' .Kakahole, at the highest level of any sport ,not just football,the best of the best make mistakes ,it is part of the game .Try watching some Premier league or Serie A or La liga and yuh might learn ah ting or two and not come on here exposing yuh self as ah big facking IMPS .
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:25:55 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2009, 11:12:48 AM »

WE ?????   Who facking WE ???  doh fool yuh arse you eh no Warrior ...You come here talking pure fackery bout 'damn you Dwight ' and what is 'unacceptable at this level ' .Kakahole, at the highest level of any sport ,not just football,the best of the best make mistakes ,it is part of the game .Try watching some Premier league or Serie A or La liga and yuh might learn ah ting or two and not come on here exposing yuh self as ah big facking IMPS .

Another clueless response, keep it up you're on a roll. You just don't get it and probably never will. Furthermore, when you see my posts, please ignore them. I have no time for the utterly ignorant, such as yourself.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »
Vapotrini...calling Stern John a clown is totally out of line and downright disrespectful. People miss penalties. Roberto Baggio v Brazil. Zico v Argentina. Socrates v France. Dwight v Mexico. That is part of football. Yes we all wished he had scored but to call him a clown is unwarranted. 
Stern has done a tremendous job for TnT. He will always by my horse. Wait til he finds his goal-scoring foot. Then it's going to be on and popping.
Peace
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2009, 02:09:10 PM »
115% Vat Inclusive.

I going on cafepress or Zazzle and make a tshirt with that so I could wear it to Nashville

Help me with the wording

"Birchall - 115% vat inclusive trini" sounds a little too blah.

One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2009, 02:15:56 PM »
I going on cafepress or Zazzle and make a tshirt with that so I could wear it to Nashville
Help me with the wording

- Birchall -
115%
TrinBagonian
Footballer

Howzzat?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 02:26:01 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2009, 06:15:38 PM »

Another clueless response, keep it up you're on a roll. You just don't get it and probably never will. Furthermore, when you see my posts, please ignore them. I have no time for the utterly ignorant, such as yourself.

vapotriniasshole .. F ock you gyul ,yuh doh impress anybody here ...yuh is ah dunce of de game who eh know one fack bout football . Keep posting yuh ignorance , I won't have tuh expose yuh as ah kakahole ,yuh doing a good job by yuh sorry self ....continue
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:47:14 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »
Help me with the wording

- Birchall -
115%
TrinBagonian
Footballer

Howzzat?

Dat could wuk
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2009, 07:00:01 PM »
Help me with the wording

- Birchall -
115%
TrinBagonian
Footballer

Howzzat?

Dat could wuk

he does give more that dem local born punks.

imagine we have to be telling big professional players how to play ball, imagine men like spann doh know how to defend proper
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2009, 07:34:22 PM »
Help me with the wording

- Birchall -
115%
TrinBagonian
Footballer

Howzzat?

I like it .... I will go make one and post it for you to see
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2009, 07:56:09 PM »
Help me with the wording

- Birchall -
115%
TrinBagonian
Footballer

Howzzat?

mek it ah XL eh

an ah go sen ya meh address

:devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:06:19 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2009, 09:00:20 PM »
Help me with the wording

- Birchall -
115%
TrinBagonian
Footballer

Howzzat?

mek it ah XL eh

an ah go sen ya meh address

:devil: :devil:

an you know I didnt mean that kind post  :devil: :devil: I will bring it for you in nashville :rotfl: :rotfl: Anway I have to fix it . Just stick that there for now.

http://www.zazzle.com/birchall_tshirt-235911696806253909
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:07:33 PM by verycute1 »

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2009, 01:50:27 AM »

Lastly, Stern, thanks for everything you've done for us in the past but it's time to hang up them boots. People can make all the excuses they want for you but the bottom line is, you can't be missing those types of Now please, dchances in these games. End of story. And hopefully, end of your international career. Damn you Dwight for giving that clown the penalty.

vapotriniasshole .. F ock you gyul ,yuh doh impress anybody here ...yuh is ah dunce of de game who eh know one fack bout football . Keep posting yuh ignorance , I won't have tuh expose yuh as ah kakahole ,yuh doing a good job by yuh sorry self ....continue

Little boy, I've probably been watching football for longer than you've been alive so your language towards me is amusing to say the very least (it's really easy to be Jack Bauer over the internet isn't it?). You're just another simpleton that would rather cheer one of our player's beating a man or two and skying the ball overbars, rather than making a sensible pass an actually advancing the ball up field. Don't worry though, this place (and unfortunately, most of the country), is FULL of your kind so I'm sure you're tolerated here. However, you go anywhere else and spew your utter nonsense and you'll be run off the site within 24 hours, GUARANTEED. I find it pretty amusing that you have to resort to name calling because your little brain can't come up with a single rebuttal to any of my points. Don't worry though, I expected nothing more from you.

So again, stop provoking me, you simply don't have the intellect, education, nor football knowledge to do it. Stop bringing your little knife to this gun fight, son.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:55:57 AM by vapotrini »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2009, 03:44:05 AM »

Lastly, Stern, thanks for everything you've done for us in the past but it's time to hang up them boots. People can make all the excuses they want for you but the bottom line is, you can't be missing those types of Now please, dchances in these games. End of story. And hopefully, end of your international career. Damn you Dwight for giving that clown the penalty.

Little boy, I've probably been watching football for longer than you've been alive so your language towards me is amusing to say the very least (it's really easy to be Jack Bauer over the internet isn't it?). You're just another simpleton that would rather cheer one of our player's beating a man or two and skying the ball overbars, rather than making a sensible pass an actually advancing the ball up field. Don't worry though, this place (and unfortunately, most of the country), is FULL of your kind so I'm sure you're tolerated here. However, you go anywhere else and spew your utter nonsense and you'll be run off the site within 24 hours, GUARANTEED. I find it pretty amusing that you have to resort to name calling because your little brain can't come up with a single rebuttal to any of my points. Don't worry though, I expected nothing more from you.

So again, stop provoking me, you simply don't have the intellect, education, nor football knowledge to do it. Stop bringing your little knife to this gun fight, son.
Well breds , since yuh so sophisticated take the high road or doh respond @ all , it eh go kill yuh , but it seem like you enjoying the cuss out that's why yuh keep coming back for more. so don't play yuh better than the youth,BC if yuh was any better you would chill and let him cuss , when he tired he will stop!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
El Salvador under investigation.
« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2009, 05:28:13 AM »
El Salvador under investigation.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

A mere few days before hosting Trinidad and Tobago's "Soca Warriors" in a World Cup qualifier in San Salvador, El Salvador's national footballers have been placed under investigation by UNCAF, the governing body for football in the Central American region.

Three of the Cuscatlecos' players are under suspicion for faking injury following a stormy Digicel UNCAF Nations Cup semi-final match against Costa Rica. With Costa Rica leading 1-0, the game was abandoned in the 60th minute by Panamanian referee Roberto Moreno when El Salvador were reduced to six players. The match was then awarded to Costa Rica by a 3-0 margin, according to FIFA rules.

Moreno had red carded Alexander Escobar and playmaker Eliseo Quintanilla in the first half, and after El Salvador had already made three substitutions, Deris Umanzor, Rodolfo Zelaya and goalkeeper Juan José Gómez were injured and had to leave the game. However, UNCAF suspect that with two players short, a goal down and under pressure, El Salvador were anticipating a huge defeat and conspired to save face by faking injury and so having the match suspended. El Salvador had a poor run of just one victory at the tournament beating the region's whipping boys Belize by a 4-1 margin. However, it was still enough to give them a semi-final spot and so qualified them for the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

The UNCAF investigation made both front and back page news in the Sunday edition of El Diario de Hoy, the country's biggest daily newspaper. It is the just the latest in a series of setbacks and scandals facing El Salvador football. Just recently, El Salvador had an attempt to recruit American midfielder Arturo Alvarez stopped by FIFA, and last week the vice-president of the El Salvador Soccer Federation, Jose Torres resigned, while accusing president Rodrigo Calvo of mismanagement and branding him a tyrant. It got worse at the National Cup when in their first match, Los Cuscatlecos were held 1-1 by Nicaragua, a result described in El Salvador as a "national shame". After all, in 2008, Nicaragua lost 2-0 and 1-0 over a two-leg series and were knocked out of World Cup qualifying 3-0 on aggregate by Caribbean minnows, Netherlands Antilles. El Salvador's latest problems saw team doctor José María Rivas Mandingo, coach Carlos De Los Cobos and the three suspected players all appearing on Saturday night in Honduras before an UNCAF panel.

According to El Diario de Hoy: "The unexpected and shocking semi-final match against Costa Rica sparked the controversy and may have consequences for our team. The UNCAF yesterday opened a case against the national team on suspicion of simulation of the three players injured in the second half that left El Salvador with six men and forced the suspension of the semi-final. The UNCAF interviewed Rodrigo Calvo last night, the doctor José María Rivas and players Juan José Gómez, Rodolfo Zelaya, and Deriso Umanzor to give their version of events in opening the investigation."

Diario Co Latino, another El Salvador publication, described the match as "the show starring the footballers of El Salvador". The publication also sided with Panama referee Moreno and said he was correct to send off two players. Diario Co Latino reported that star midfielder "Cheyo" Quintanilla tried to fool the referee into awarding a penalty by diving and was correctly given a second yellow card. They described the team's behaviour as the worst in El Salvador's history.

"The expulsions were valid despite coach Carlos de los Cobos and Rodrigo Calvo, president of the FESFUT, saying otherwise," the publication reported. "Thereafter it was easy to be suspicious of injuries from the Cuscatlecos which left only six players on the field.

At a hastily convened press conference, El Salvador's Mexican coach De Los Cobos said he was not going to let controversy affect his preparation and was solely concentrating on the match against Trinidad and Tobago. And the team doctor insists the injuries were real. He said Denis Umanzor suffered a collarbone injury and Rodolfo Zelaya perhaps did not warm-up well, while the goalkeeper Juan Jose Gomez got hit in the knee.

"I've never been a liar, this was a bad night, combined with poor conditions, unfortunately (we) could not make a good show because the referee hurt the game," De Los Cobos said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »

I cayh believe me brother talking to me sister so.....
......Where is the love that we talk so much about

Raspect they youth

Rastafari

1]; } ?>