April 19, 2024, 12:56:11 PM

Author Topic: How much say does Latas have.  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
How much say does Latas have.
« on: February 11, 2009, 09:28:55 PM »
I think that if Latas had some control of the changes we would never have had 2 strikers out there especially when you are playing away form home with a lead and coming to the end of a game. If Latas supported the 2 strikers then i would say give him a break he is a rookie coach at this level and will learn.

It was plane to see that  our midfield were tired coming to the end of the game, not because they a not in shape but El Salvador was moving the ball well in the middle and Yorke is in his late 30's and don't have much full game under his belt this season.

A extra mid for a striker would have at least not have us backing up at top of the box we would have been able to pressure them more high and would not have given up those 2 free kicks.

I think that an investigation should be done as to why the coaching at this game was at minor league level. A blind coach would have know to pull out a striker and put on a defensive midfield player.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: How much say does Latas have.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »
Did somebody tell all yuh that Pacho is a good coach??

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 09:36:32 PM »
Wait wait wait wait wait....i woulda swear i see latas within the technical area givin a man instructions while glen was warming up. I think the tactic was.....pull back...and have glenn running down anything.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »
Wait wait wait wait wait....i woulda swear i see latas within the technical area givin a man instructions while glen was warming up. I think the tactic was.....pull back...and have glenn running down anything.

Saw d same ting
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 09:48:05 PM »
In fact..study dis.
we line up in a 4-4-2. Not de usual 4-5-1....away from home to boot. 4-4-2.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 09:49:37 PM »
In fact..study dis.
we line up in a 4-4-2. Not de usual 4-5-1....away from home to boot. 4-4-2.
Corbeaux Brand with no rhyme or reason.  Thank goodness Carnival around de corner.

Blessings

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »
I might be inclined if I must cast blame at latas for favoritism .Letting Dwight say een at the expense of Birch and a few other things.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
I think that if Latas had some control of the changes we would never have had 2 strikers out there especially when you are playing away form home with a lead and coming to the end of a game. If Latas supported the 2 strikers then i would say give him a break he is a rookie coach at this level and will learn.

A WCQ is no place for a rookie coach ent!!!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 09:54:55 PM »
Talking to a player coming on doesn't mean that he is in control of the changes but I still think that Latas should have been hard on Maturana to send on the defensive mid. We don't know what was said and what was not we can only speculate. But an inquiry should be held, this 2 points can mean a lot down the road.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:56:33 PM by Coach »

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 09:55:25 PM »
No Say .... when dey get rid of the de guy with de fro then things may change.  
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 09:57:37 PM »
Dem 2 pts go more than hurt oui
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 10:02:22 PM »
On a serious note how much say should an assistant coach have?  I love Latas but no big time coach will fall over the words of his assistant.  If that was the case then the head coach would nott have that title.

Pacho might see Latas role as encouraging the young ones when they warming up.  Corbeaux Brand.

Blessings

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 10:03:03 PM »

Allyuh good oui.

So it was wrong to have 2 strikers out dey unless latas say so?
When de wrong person do de right ting..i guess it wrong den?
Our mistake was our defence.....after the first goal..they gave us rel space..we did nothing with it. We shut down completely after the second. Our communication was poor.....spann didnt have too good a game...akile game was aight..by his standards.....and lawrence and ince seem to have a problem in communication...because twice lawrence stood on the line for the free kicks.....and ince not accustomed to dat. Yes i woulda make two switches...glen on and some steel in the middle...and actually that was what the changes were....leon on for birchall and glen on for stern. We lost a sub due to thomas' injury. I dissapointed..we throw away 2 points. Make no mistake bout that. We cant change it now...however...we still get 1 point..which is 1 point more than we usually start a campaign with. We just make our margin for error even thinner.

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 10:21:07 PM »
Dwight was directing the men on the field he make men pull back...lok at the game and see who was pulling the strings on the field

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33:52 PM »
the stern sub for glenn looks maturanaesque. clearly we need another midfielder at time.it reminds me of silly change he made against  guatemala in POS when kerry babtiste(attacking player) was brought on and we were defending  a one goal lead.we dropped points there too.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 10:43:36 PM »
he should have switched to a 451 in the 2nd half, sub off stern and went more defensive

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 10:47:23 PM »
The reason is plain and simple. Our guys can't hold the ball. They should look at the film a watch and learn from the salvadorans the art of ball possesion.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 10:55:47 PM »
What system El Salvador played?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 10:59:36 PM »
It funny, Anton use to get blame for everything. For some reason we could have find every piece of evidence that Anton in charge and running the show. How things change.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 11:13:11 PM »
the stern sub for glenn looks maturanaesque. clearly we need another midfielder at time.it reminds me of silly change he made against  guatemala in POS when kerry babtiste(attacking player) was brought on and we were defending  a one goal lead.we dropped points there too.

Aight...so...hear dis. We already used up one sub.....we bring on leon for birchall with the intention to sure up the midfield.......cuz we cyar take off yorke.....jones is de hot commodity......carlos and keon is wingers.
If we goin and use 4-5-1...who would be best suited to play that lone striker role where yuh need a man to stay up and trap and control? cuz jones still have he defensive instincts...dat go have him running back and hustling. Plus...cornell pace against tired defenders that have to push up because they chasing the game would make things very interesting. Yuh seeing the logic?

Nex ting.....would people say that spann had a stellar game?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 11:17:37 PM »

Aight...so...hear dis. We already used up one sub.....we bring on leon for birchall with the intention to sure up the midfield.......cuz we cyar take off yorke.....jones is de hot commodity......carlos and keon is wingers.
If we goin and use 4-5-1...who would be best suited to play that lone striker role where yuh need a man to stay up and trap and control? cuz jones still have he defensive instincts...dat go have him running back and hustling. Plus...cornell pace against tired defenders that have to push up because they chasing the game would make things very interesting. Yuh seeing the logic?

In a 4-5-1 I would go with Stern before KJ. In a 4-5-1 you don't want your forward dropping to deep to recieve the ball. YOu want him pushed up as far as possible to give you time after you win the ball. The opposing team would not mind taking a chance to play 2v1 at the back if they pressing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 11:30:44 PM »

In a 4-5-1 I would go with Stern before KJ. In a 4-5-1 you don't want your forward dropping to deep to recieve the ball. YOu want him pushed up as far as possible to give you time after you win the ball. The opposing team would not mind taking a chance to play 2v1 at the back if they pressing.

Exactly. But as i said.....jones is de hot commodity. Yuh go take off a man who makin waves in de Prem for a man who eh getting no sweat? If dat did happen and de result was wha it was....yuh woulda hear cuss still.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 12:59:47 AM »

Exactly. But as i said.....jones is de hot commodity. Yuh go take off a man who makin waves in de Prem for a man who eh getting no sweat? If dat did happen and de result was wha it was....yuh woulda hear cuss still.

He must be making waves in the EPL but on the field for we not even ripples in this game.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 05:57:57 AM »
Stern John and Dwight Yorke are the reason we threw away 3 points in this match.

There was no good reason for Stern John to take the 2nd penalty.  That was a "pardnah" ting and it come back to bite we in we ass.

You have a team to hang.  That penalty would have made it 3-0.  Game forkin over!  But no...Stern John need to have heself on de scoresheet and Dwight give he padnah a bligh.  From de time he blaze de forkin ball over de bar lookin to play Ronaldo de game change.

Stern and Dwight literally give footballing CPR to El Salvador right dey.  Padnah ting cost we dah 3 points.  Not no who shoulda get sub or who was callin shots.  It dat simple.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 06:03:05 AM »
Stern John and Dwight Yorke are the reason we threw away 3 points in this match.

There was no good reason for Stern John to take the 2nd penalty.  That was a "pardnah" ting and it come back to bite we in we ass.

You have a team to hang.  That penalty would have made it 3-0.  Game forkin over!  But no...Stern John need to have heself on de scoresheet and Dwight give he padnah a bligh.  From de time he blaze de forkin ball over de bar lookin to play Ronaldo de game change.

Stern and Dwight literally give footballing CPR to El Salvador right dey.  Padnah ting cost we dah 3 points.  Not no who shoulda get sub or who was callin shots.  It dat simple.

100+ :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 06:20:52 AM »
ye i agree. dwight shouldnt have let stern take the Penalty.. as for the free kick.... i say no more.. yes he had the first shot on goal, our first corner. i applaud him for his efforts. the fall in the penalty congrats. taking the penalty. uttery F&*kery. composure was the key, look at how simple dwights penalty was.
Fellas, on the whole, the lord knows why we drew that game, the hostility withing the crowd, a loss to the Salvadorians would have been too much. The Stadium might have been mashed up last night if we had won. THINK ABOUT IT. how much bottles they pelt on the field. No Respect and I seeing a charge or something for them

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 11:09:58 AM »
ye i agree. dwight shouldnt have let stern take the Penalty.. as for the free kick.... i say no more.. yes he had the first shot on goal, our first corner. i applaud him for his efforts. the fall in the penalty congrats. taking the penalty. uttery F&*kery. composure was the key, look at how simple dwights penalty was.
Fellas, on the whole, the lord knows why we drew that game, the hostility withing the crowd, a loss to the Salvadorians would have been too much. The Stadium might have been mashed up last night if we had won. THINK ABOUT IT. how much bottles they pelt on the field. No Respect and I seeing a charge or something for them

If you agree with palos then you already understand why we draw this game and who is to blame!
Nothing to do with the Lord wanting to save us from riot in the stadium!!
We must welcome riot as that will give FIFA an excuse to suspend them and hand us an automatic 3 points for our return game against them at home!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 11:19:31 AM »
dwight should not have let stern take the penalty...
this just shows even though these guys have experience, at times they don't show it...
it's like it's a sweat and yuh padnah didn't score so u try time and time again to set him up to score at the cost of the team...
up 2-0, 4-0, 6-0, no matter, keep playing the game cuz this just shows anything can happen in football.

latas is a next story, he is a qualified team leader, not yet a qualified coach..he will be but he is still new at this...i say he is a great team leader and shoulda put himself in the game when he saw things were getting out of hand and calm the play on the field cuz he couldn't do it from the bench

mats ain't to blame for this one entirely, yes birchall should not have come off, yes glenn was not needed
but it comes down to the men on the field.  they may not have been as fit as they should have been, but they are professionals and should know they have to find it in them to get the job done!

tnt demonstrated a few times that they have skills and could play real nice, but at the end of the day it's about playing consistently....if we have a weak left defensive side, the mids need to step up and if they not doing the job, mats and latas should take care of it.

if we play well for 90 mins i don't believe that another concacaf team could beat us...period.  but how do we ensure it is done for 90 mins?
whey boy!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 11:30:46 AM »
 :devil: :devil: I'm not laughing,it's just a smile,it's now 12:20 pm here and i now get the message we draw,hmmm quite interesting,if anyone here follwing our Football will know why,one think i must say after looking through all these reports/views it have some regular names that used to be mentioned not there any more,new names appearing and it's refreshing to hear a new tune,may be because it's Carnival time,no Corneals etc any way we get a point and thank the lord for small mercies.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 12:02:32 PM »

Co-sign. Dat is y we need a foreign coach not d dumbtist fella a man who know what he doin. A fella 2 bring professionalism.

1]; } ?>