April 27, 2024, 05:50:09 AM

Author Topic: Crowd Violence......can we protest?  (Read 3861 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Crowd Violence......can we protest?
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:43:07 AM »
I was just wondering what can be done in the aftermath of the crowd violence that we faced in El Salvador!!

Our players couldnt even take proper corners and throw ins since the fans were throwing bottles and other debris on the field.

Do we have any redress? What action can be taken? Fine? Ban? Loss of match by default ;D?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crowd Violence......can we protest?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:45:01 AM »
If nutten eh happen v Bahrain doh hold yuh breath
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »
and when teams come here they will protest the food available to them in restaurants, red towels in the hotel, cars on the right side of the road, traffic on the way to the stadium and the lack of blue water and white sands.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 11:57:33 AM »
I was just wondering what can be done in the aftermath of the crowd violence that we faced in El Salvador!!

Our players couldnt even take proper corners and throw ins since the fans were throwing bottles and other debris on the field.

Do we have any redress? What action can be taken? Fine? Ban? Loss of match by default ;D?

If we wanted to bring this to their attention we should have done so before the game ended especially after El Salvador scored their first goal and we were under pressure with less than 7 minutes left to go!
This is all under the heading game tactics and gamesmanship! Use whatever is legally at your disposal to secure a win!!

Man should have fall down and hold they head when missles were being thrown at our players trying to take a corner thrown in for example! Bet you they would have learnt their lesson and stopped right away right after!! Man should have called for stetcher or even ambulance and thing!!! This would have taken some vital time off the clock and helped to unsettle El Salvador supporters and players who were literally raining in attack after attack on our team!
If we drew the game after all that then we could legally file an official complaint to FIFA stating that our players were physically under attack from their supporters and were unable to play their game as a result. FIFA could then have decided to give us the 3 points anyway as a result because at the time we protested we were ahead in the game!  ;)

As it is I think its too late and we lost this opportunity!

Our coaching staff and players need to learn how and when best to execute gamesmanship!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 12:33:39 PM »
look it had nuttin to do wid de crowd...we were up 2-0...blame dem fellas for not being able to hold on to that lead......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
This has been going on for years in Central America, actually it was worst in the 80's. Everytime you go to take a corner bags of piss being thrown at yuh. One corner in particular they call Vietnam, is only missiles flying through the air. CONCACAF and FIFA have never done a dam thing about it. One match a linesman make a call & a bottle of J&B fly inches from he head, he just pick it up and throw it off. So it was and so it shall be.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 01:21:58 PM »
Yea I was real vex with that.
I agree we should have used that crowd behaviour to our advantage...play for corners and throw ins, and when u go to take it, walk away and protest with the ref. No way u getting card for time wasting for that and it kills the opposing team's impetus.

But fair is fair, those things definitely has an impact on the players, imagine carlos have to hustle a corner, how fair is that??
FIFA have to be proactive about this, just like racism chants.
It is almost, if not as bad.
by doing nothing, we condone it, and countries like El Salvador continue to do it, so much so it just becomes the norm, and trying to get rid of it is like a lost cause, u just accept it, like the murder rate in TT.

Imagine people in the stadium does get vex with me when I boo the opposition, imagine that....STEUPS!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »
Pelt some oranges and bottles in dey c*&t when dey go to Trini to play. Then their FA would make efforts to get their crowd to ease up with that stupidness.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 02:00:22 PM »
Dias why dey had police around de corner flag with shields and all dat.  Actually, I wouldn't rush nutting and hope I get hit wid something because den we would have gotten de win.  Take one for de team yes :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 02:58:22 PM »
Protest nah, see if anybody listening.  Ah Spanish man pull out he jonny and start peeing on we in RFK. In Europe people geting called monkey an ting, them mad people like to throw flambo and ting during games...wah we does do wine to de music with ah rum cup in we hand.   ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 03:01:43 PM »
No. thats just part of football and a reflection of the countries standards.  All you can do is fine their football federation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 04:33:03 PM »
Well here is a solution, threat them the same way when they visit T&T.

Pelt bags of shit on them. Hey, Peter pay for Paul and Paul mother come from America.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 05:01:51 PM »
Pelting bottles, racists chants, and all yuh get is a fine??? Is like walking backwards in time when yuh going to play in dese countries.  Pure madness!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 05:54:50 AM »
JUMBO JUMBO...bring Jumbo from Toronto to leh go some nuts in dey tail
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 09:44:13 AM »
The funny thing is, if we decided to make the Hasley Crawford a "hostile" environment, then "our" police and army personnel going to come and deal with the offenders.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 10:06:03 AM »
 if a bottle hit one of them.....we will get banned from home games?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 10:15:51 AM »
I also wondered like Socapro,why didn't we use a little bit ah gamesmanship to stop their flow,use anything like pretend injury,complain bout the bottle throwing.People like Dwight should know all de tricks,we are really still a backward team in this case.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 12:43:12 PM »
Let's not do the assness what the ES fans did in the game. ES people by and large are hard working and very nice. The problem with them is when too much alcohol is consumed and a very(probaly drunk) in the crowd, urges the rest to behave wajang . Jumbies does just take then over. I have played many a game against ES teams in amateur leagues. Tha same shit happens. So come on people we are way better than that. Don't entertain those thoughts.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 06:10:03 PM »
Let's not do the assness what the ES fans did in the game. ES people by and large are hard working and very nice. The problem with them is when too much alcohol is consumed and a very(probaly drunk) in the crowd, urges the rest to behave wajang . Jumbies does just take then over. I have played many a game against ES teams in amateur leagues. Tha same shit happens. So come on people we are way better than that. Don't entertain those thoughts.

so what do we do?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 06:17:13 PM »

so what do we do?

what hotel they staying in? Red curtain, red towel, red sheet, red duvet, red cup
nonstop soca on every radio station.
traffic everywhere. Drive two car if yuh have to.
Only serve doubles, roti, callalloo, curry duck with plenty pepper.
No duty free fuh dem in the airport.
Schedule Manning & Panday in meetings next to every room they book fuh meetings.
Send them to practice in Guaracara Park.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 06:53:53 PM »
A good rythm section to get the warriors going!!!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 07:06:01 PM »
I can't even believe we would entertain the thought of copying the Central Americans. We need to cheer our team and boo dem, that is all. Don't pelt nothing on the field. I saw it once in T&T and it was disgusting. In an U17 2001 WC Semi final match between France and Burkina Faso some fools who supported B.F. hurled missles at the French players after game. It was real unsightly. I really don't hope to see anything like that in a T&T stadium again.

Let's try to maintain civility and sportsmanship by beating the opposition on the field by footballing prowess. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »
I can't even believe we would entertain the thought of copying the Central Americans. We need to cheer our team and boo dem, that is all. Don't pelt nothing on the field. I saw it once in T&T and it was disgusting. In an U17 2001 WC Semi final match between France and Burkina Faso some fools who supported B.F. hurled missles at the French players after game. It was real unsightly. I really don't hope to see anything like that in a T&T stadium again.

Let's try to maintain civility and sportsmanship by beating the opposition on the field by footballing prowess. 

Co sign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 10:01:35 PM »
The funny thing is, if we decided to make the Hasley Crawford a "hostile" environment, then "our" police and army personnel going to come and deal with the offenders.

We police in Trinidad not like de police in them Spanish country nah is licks passing fuh they own people, them eh business, is dog bite yuh go geh if yuh only say something stupid. Yuh go get ah cuff in yuh face, just so.  :-[
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:19:41 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »
JUMBO JUMBO...bring Jumbo from Toronto to leh go some nuts in dey tail
Jumbo the Rasta nuts man from the stadium move to canada?? Know how long I ent hear bout he. How he doing?

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 12:58:42 AM »
This has been going on for years in Central America, actually it was worst in the 80's. Everytime you go to take a corner bags of piss being thrown at yuh. One corner in particular they call Vietnam, is only missiles flying through the air. CONCACAF and FIFA have never done a dam thing about it. One match a linesman make a call & a bottle of J&B fly inches from he head, he just pick it up and throw it off. So it was and so it shall be.

You are right and only in CONCACAF is this BS allowed.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 06:48:26 AM »
Sam eh cuff nobody dis rounds?

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »

so what do we do?

what hotel they staying in? Red curtain, red towel, red sheet, red duvet, red cup
nonstop soca on every radio station.
traffic everywhere. Drive two car if yuh have to.
Only serve doubles, roti, callalloo, curry duck with plenty pepper.
No duty free fuh dem in the airport.
Schedule Manning & Panday in meetings next to every room they book fuh meetings.
Send them to practice in Guaracara Park.

Thats a plan... psych them out .
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 08:00:29 AM »
Sam eh cuff nobody dis rounds?
yeah, Sam REAL quiet :devil:

he probably ent wake up as yet :rotfl:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:08:07 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>