April 25, 2024, 01:56:26 PM

Author Topic: Keon Daniel TALENTED BUT???????  (Read 16977 times)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keon Daniel TALENTED BUT???????
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 12:07:52 PM »
Hear nah ,when Stern went down ,for that free kick .Keon  sprint up to the spot first man there,knock the ball out the ElSav man hand and set he self yah know steuppss .
f**k Dwight ,really need to be a better captain and do research on his charges  .I think he just is put up with the locals to fill spots .
Keon telling the man he could do it and Yorke just brush him off and point him to the wall jed .....DWIGHT hes the leading scorer so far and best at FKs get it tru yah coconut ,Stern just bang it een the wall .
Dwight suppose to know all his players scouting report .

In conclusion ,to answer the question Keon Daniel TALENTED BUT ,not getting a chance to do his thing,under this ole boy regime.

Saddest, yuh couldn't say it any better.  Well said..... :beermug: :beermug:
Arimian to meh heart

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
I was a big Daniel fan even posting a thread ...Diamond in the rough...but i am afraid that unless he gets help from a professional he wont realise his potential....and would probably remain ..in the rough !
skillful, scared, no self confidence, maybe from the treatment received from the seniors ....notice how his star has been clouded up since yorke has come back ...he is going more and more into his shell and he needs help to come out. he wont even take on players or look to create opportunities for the forwards , content to give yorke or one ah dem seniors de ball. He eh going forward anymore and is afriad to lose the ball ...so what does he do when de defender gives it to him ? ..he gives it right back ..we almost paid for that on the right side on one occassion ...good thing the defender could give away a throw.
He needs one and one work to raise his confidence level ..only them will we see what he is capable of...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »
I agree Daniel needs to step up his game. He needs to work on his defence work badly. He was on of the culprits that allowed ES to attack at will. But I hope he learn a lesson after this game.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »
And Yorke is his hero eh ,Tobago boys... is probably feel gutted to be dissed by your hero .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »
And Yorke is his hero eh ,Tobago boys... is probably feel gutted to be dissed by your hero .

Is yuh friends does do u
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
KEON DANIEL
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 09:24:56 AM »
Good day.  Anyone know if this yute is at a club training or overseas on trial.  I think Latas have to set a standard, if you have no club you can make my side. There has to be a new culture set for the National Team setup.  How can you play international football at a high level if you don't like to train and have no club.  THen you can't play on my team.   What allyuh think?
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: KEON DANIEL
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 09:26:28 AM »
Good day.  Anyone know if this yute is at a club training or overseas on trial.  I think Latas have to set a standard, if you have no club you can make my side. There has to be a new culture set for the National Team setup.  How can you play international football at a high level if you don't like to train and have no club.  THen you can't play on my team.   What allyuh think?

Could live wit dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 09:40:57 AM »

So Latas cyah make de side den?

How bout Stern?  He have a side but cyah even make de bench.  Dat count?

Jes askin.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 09:46:31 AM »

Jes askin.

If u eh have a side a different from not makin d side. So Latas betta b wit AIA o it go apply 2 he as well.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 09:48:06 AM by weary1969 »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 09:59:30 AM »

Jes askin.

If u eh have a side a different from not makin d side. So Latas betta b wit AIA o it go apply 2 he as well.

So somebody like leh we say Adriano...who "wit a side" (Inter Milan)...but definitely not playin...would be eligible for his national team under dis "wit a side" scenario?

Or de Sancho who peeps was bawlin for to come back and START but wasn't wit no side...

Or Avery John who wasn't wit no side...

Or Birchall who wasn't wit no side....dat would have applied to dem as well?

Or dis is someting dat jes being implemented from now onwards?

Jes curious.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 10:06:18 AM »
He doest like to play LW... he is a natural CM but he have a left foot so put him on the wing ent!   f**king amateur coaches

beenhakker used theobald as an outside midfielder,
wasn't joe cole converted to a winger as well?
sometimes ferguson uses rooney or tevez out wide,
wenger uses nasri, arshavin, rosicky out wide,
benitez used gerard out wide in the past,

you get my point ... non of these coaches are amateurs and decided to use players out of position. sometimes you just have to use players differently because of the players you have.
(i not arguing against calling up samuel eh, i just saying thats not an excuse for daniel.)

also, whether the player likes the position or not, as a professional you have to give your all where ever you put on the field. gerard, rooney etc may not be as effective their but they give their all. another reason thats not an excuse for daniel. especially since i've seen him perform well on the left wing before (v England in the HCS). didn't that game contribute to him getting his west ham trial?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:09:37 AM by dwn »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 10:11:53 AM »

Jes askin.

So somebody like leh we say Adriano...who "wit a side" (Inter Milan)...but definitely not playin...would be eligible for his national team under dis "wit a side" scenario?

Or de Sancho who peeps was bawlin for to come back and START but wasn't wit no side...

Jes curious.

people forgetin dat he make four valuable contributions to d campaign, it is no doubt important dat he find ah club and start playin regular, but man advocating dat we discard him, an in d same breath talkin kakaback bullshit about stern havin goals in him, if we want to clean d slate d entire team, need to be under d microscope because plenty others wasn't pullin dey weight
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:56 AM »
Ah boy....like people now understand wha i alluding to in a next thread. Whas de standard for making we national team? Nostalgia? or now?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 10:45:59 AM »

Jes askin.

Jes curious.

It will mean we have a standard for a change because last time around unattach was 4 d goose but not d gander. 

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »
Is very talented but he needs to finds a good club not sure if he got one as yet and learn to react quickly when he gets the ball and keep possesion !

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »
Hear nah ,when Stern went down ,for that free kick .Keon  sprint up to the spot first man there,knock the ball out the ElSav man hand and set he self yah know steuppss .
f**k Dwight ,really need to be a better captain and do research on his charges  .I think he just is put up with the locals to fill spots .
Keon telling the man he could do it and Yorke just brush him off and point him to the wall jed .....DWIGHT hes the leading scorer so far and best at FKs get it tru yah coconut ,Stern just bang it een the wall .
Dwight suppose to know all his players scouting report .

In conclusion ,to answer the question Keon Daniel TALENTED BUT ,not getting a chance to do his thing,under this ole boy regime.

Saddest, yuh couldn't say it any better.  Well said..... :beermug: :beermug:
       You all are so right,this foreign vs local thing will never go away unless the mentality of our players change,this is not happening just today it's something been around our Football for years,the locals are never made to feel confident to do/say anything when to overseas Pros show up,i don't care how good you are no one can play under those conditions,how confident can players be after numerous practices,game plan eg set-plays etc, tours and not sure wheather you going to make the team or not,as players you have aims/purposes that's what drives you,what's driving these guys,it's like you training with no aim,you are just there because you got called,it's not a nice feeling as a player.

As a player i never took representing my club or country for granted,to be consistent i had to work very hard,being good enough to make our national teams is not enough at the level we are going to play,ability alone can't do it,when you come across teams that are strong in every department on the field what can we do when we have weak links in some areas or all the areas,no one man on any team can play well and the rest bad,this is a team game if we have to blame anyone lets go with the Coach,but that's the easy way out,players have to shoulder most of the blame for any loss,what i try to understand is why when we win with those same players people don't complain,is it that we didn't have the same problems?i don't think so,the problems are still there but we won,some of us see only what we want to see in a game,when looking at any game always watch both teams before making comments because no two games are the same.

No player gets selected or goes on a field to deliberately play bad,how or why he got there is because somebody saw something in him/her,we always hope they will perform well or live up to expectations which is not always the norm,what we can do to help is to give them some encouragement/support which as players is all they are asking for.        

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 10:53:01 AM »
TALENTED BUT???....lemme finish it fuh yuh...PLAYING OUT OF HE NATURAL FLICKING POSITION.   >:(

So did Wolfe but those were dark days brighter days are here again.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 11:02:51 AM »
The whole thing is this WC campaign should have never been about qualifying,we should of use this opportunity to give all our young players some exposure,if you all think things are bad at the rate we are going watch and see what happens with the next WC,we already know for sure certain players will not be there,do we have a plan or are we prepared for the transistion,if we don't build these guys confidence now when are we going to build it.

Coop's, no disrespect eh, but ah tired hear people talk about giving our younger plaers "exposure".  Exposure to higher learning does nothing to the ones learning if the ones teaching them are teaching them the same old things over and over and over.  What is wrong with the Keon Daniels and so many "talented" players like him from T&T is that they are not being properly DEVELOPED by our football administration. 
  The purpose of a football federation of any nation is to set standards, implement and set the guidelines for a system of development, including a system of educating its coaches, and select for it's respective national teams, those players and coaches that best meet the standards that are well established and who fit in to the nation's established agenda.  Right now, as has been for so long, our nations agenda is just to "qualify" with no real roadmap to get there.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 11:05:05 AM »
Palos all them men you mentioned are on a club team.  Atleast those guys are training on a regular basis at a high level, even if they getting little playing time. That's totally different from Keon Daniels' situation, as he has NO team at all.  And yes it should apply to Latas also, but he should focus on coaching and not playing.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 11:08:54 AM »
The whole thing is this WC campaign should have never been about qualifying,we should of use this opportunity to give all our young players some exposure,if you all think things are bad at the rate we are going watch and see what happens with the next WC,we already know for sure certain players will not be there,do we have a plan or are we prepared for the transistion,if we don't build these guys confidence now when are we going to build it.

Coop's, no disrespect eh, but ah tired hear people talk about giving our younger plaers "exposure".  Exposure to higher learning does nothing to the ones learning if the ones teaching them are teaching them the same old things over and over and over.  What is wrong with the Keon Daniels and so many "talented" players like him from T&T is that they are not being properly DEVELOPED by our football administration. 
  The purpose of a football federation of any nation is to set standards, implement and set the guidelines for a system of development, including a system of educating its coaches, and select for it's respective national teams, those players and coaches that best meet the standards that are well established and who fit in to the nation's established agenda.  Right now, as has been for so long, our nations agenda is just to "qualify" with no real roadmap to get there.

We doh believe in no map wherever d plane reach we happy wit dat.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 11:25:36 AM »
Interesting how Keon Daniel needs to improve his defence (very true) but the likes of Collin Samuel (I never see he past half line), Theobald, Dwarika, Hardest, Latas, Guerra, etc doh seem to have the same requirement from de "supporters".

Matter of fact....looking back at our wide midfield players in the past other than Carlos Edwards....how much defensive work did Evans Wise put in?  Or Elliot Alleyne?  Or Leonson Lewis?  Or Angus Eve?  Or Kerry Baptiste?  Or Clint Marcelle?  How come dem does get a bligh but not Keon?

Jes curious.

Palos lemme answer your question...

See dem names that yuh call there...let us exclude Theobold, Baptiste, Guerra(unproven @ senior level) and Samuel(inconsistent bad and duncee).

All the rest...dey OFFENSIVE prowess on the field far outweigh dey defensive fraility.

The rest...Keon Daniel cannot tie none of them other fellas shoelace or tote they jockstrap.

Them fellas had "skill" but they also have "end product"....Keon new to the setup he score some goals...but he end product lacking.

When Keon get the ball he may glide past 1 man...but will get jam after...or he will take a good counter attacking play and slow down the ball, pass it back or just kill the attack.

Dais the difference with them fellas and he....Latas, Dwarika, hardest, lewis, Wise...they taking the ball blowing past you and creating something...Keon ent reach dey yet...most of time people steupsing after he done with the ball.

I ent saying he is a shithound, I ent saying he not good, I ent saying he ent have a gift. But the little potential/development that he have is being "arrested"

Under all seriousness...Daniel nowhere near to Latas, Dwarika, Wise, Marcelle or Hardest in terms of skill.

So yes them fellas doh defend...but when they attacking something happenin...when keon attacking...is a "alright we go work with that or a steups"...so to compensate he hadda work a lil more on the defence and he go be alright.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:28:08 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 11:59:37 AM »
Palos..Lara could bat ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »

Jes askin.

Jes curious.

It will mean we have a standard for a change because last time around unattach was 4 d goose but not d gander. 
He just playing he doh know.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2009, 12:14:48 PM »
it's clear to me that keon has skill but doesn't yet have the understanding or physical maturity to make use of his talents
having said that, i think if he were on a better team with players providing better support, he would look a lot better
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »
I now start to study it. Pro league at least due to start back..and he eh get a nex club? Granted he and petrotrin had a slightly bitter parting....but....at least i woulda think some local offer mighta be on de table.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 01:31:27 PM »
I now start to study it. Pro league at least due to start back..and he eh get a nex club? Granted he and petrotrin had a slightly bitter parting....but....at least i woulda think some local offer mighta be on de table.

U would tink ???

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »
Everybody on the national team talented but.............. if Keon is a bench mark. Guys talking bout his defence. Forget defence lets talk offence. THERE AINT MUCH THERE NEITHER!!. So why this whole thread on a, (from what I have seen of him so far) quite ordinary player. He should not even be a starter.

So here goes ...Keon talented but not for international football.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 03:51:02 PM by sub1 »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 04:46:43 PM »
He needs to go to the weight room!!!!!!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 04:58:39 PM »
He needs to go to the weight room!!!!!!

You mean wait room.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »
This whole Keon Daniel thing is just a tempest in a teapot. Once Avery John comes back to the team Keon's defensive liability will diminish in importance. Akilie Edwards with the defensive experience he gained over the campaign might be a better option than Colin Samuel. Connell, Downing or Keon to be in front Avery. And if Latas  have sense he will move Daniel back to CM where he should have been in the first place just in front of Whitley and Hyland/Birchie (once fit).

Plus Guerra now proving his worth at Jabloteh, so Keon Daniel spot as the playmaker hier-apparent is no longer guaranteed.  

Now mind you for his size Keon not so easy to bump off a ball, but lets just say he not far off from a lookng like two toothpicks holding up a tanca bean. He really need to add some mass to his frame.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>