March 28, 2024, 04:47:03 AM

Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal- Some one tell Jack about him  (Read 3893 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Louis Van Gaal- Some one tell Jack about him
« on: September 26, 2005, 09:49:38 AM »
Let me hear the experts on Louis Van Gaal. I just read that he took a AJAX team of mostly under 21 and won the Championship league.
He is known for playing attractive football and getting results.
That is the man to give a four year contract for the next W/C 2010.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Louis Van Gaal- Some one tell Jack about him
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 09:58:32 AM »
Let me hear the experts on Louis Van Gaal. I just read that he took a AJAX team of mostly under 21 and won the Championship league.
He is known for playing attractive football and getting results.
That is the man to give a four year contract for the next W/C 2010.

If the TTFF and Jack Warner can't afford to keep Leo Beenhakker, then I can't see them affording Van Gaal, those top coaches cost big dollars. If we can get a top coach for such a long duration it will be good for T&T football, these guys will have plenty work to do because of the state of our football but will have players with talent and potential with which to work with.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 10:01:02 AM »
If I had only hit tha MegaMillions the other day... we woulda be good for de next 5 years with Beenieman  8)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 10:02:03 AM »
...also failed to qualify for WC 2002 with a very talented Dutch squad and is generally disliked by Barcelona fans and media for not acheiving what they think was the full potential of a team that included Rivaldo, Figo, Kluivert, Luis Enrique...etc. He actually got 2 tries with Barcelona and didn't do too badly results-wise, but despite a couple of domestic championships didn't endear himself to fans by bringing in 'too many Dutch players', and failing to do anything in Europe.

he'd probably be very good for Trinidad with all his international experience. His resume is pretty impressive and he is doing well with AZ Alkmaar in Holland....a small team that is causing some upsets at the top of the dutch eredivisie. They just beat Ajax 4-2 2 weekends ago. Alkmaar actually made it to the UEFA semifinals last year, so he did have a decent enough base of players to start with...but he seems to be taking them to the next level. He will cost a lot of money.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 10:19:45 AM »
Not a fan of Van Haal.........has underachieved (relatively) in recent years....plus I don't think we can afford him.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 10:25:43 AM »
...also failed to qualify for WC 2002 with a very talented Dutch squad and is generally disliked by Barcelona fans and media for not acheiving what they think was the full potential of a team that included Rivaldo, Figo, Kluivert, Luis Enrique...etc. He actually got 2 tries with Barcelona and didn't do too badly results-wise, but despite a couple of domestic championships didn't endear himself to fans by bringing in 'too many Dutch players', and failing to do anything in Europe.

he'd probably be very good for Trinidad with all his international experience. His resume is pretty impressive and he is doing well with AZ Alkmaar in Holland....a small team that is causing some upsets at the top of the dutch eredivisie. They just beat Ajax 4-2 2 weekends ago. Alkmaar actually made it to the UEFA semifinals last year, so he did have a decent enough base of players to start with...but he seems to be taking them to the next level. He will cost a lot of money.

Co Adrianse (Van Gaal's assistant at Ajax) is the man who turned things around at Az Alkmaar.
Live large and prosper!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 10:31:55 AM »

Co Adrianse (Van Gaal's assistant at Ajax) is the man who turned things around at Az Alkmaar.

Good observation Doc,

That said, would it be better for a team like T&T to look to some of these assistants, who sometimes live in the shadows of the Van Gaal's, the Rijkard's, Alberto Parreira's etc ?

They are probably just as capable, more affordable, probably better suited to dealing with programs from a developmental perspective(such as ours), and hungry to make a name for themselves by taking an unknown to the cup.......
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 10:34:44 AM by kicker »

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 10:38:46 AM »

Good observation Doc,

That said, would it be better for a team like T&T to look to some of these assistants, who sometimes live in the shadows of the Van Gaal's, the Rijkard's, Alberto Parreira's etc ?

They are probably just as capable, more affordable, probably better suited to dealing with programs from a developmental perspective(such as ours), and hungry to make a name for themselves by taking an unknown to the cup.......

Ah think he has gone to Porto, which left the vacany for Van Gaal to fill
Live large and prosper!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 10:46:58 AM »

Good observation Doc,

Ah think he has gone to Porto, which left the vacany for Van Gaal to fill

right right .......well I was just using his case as an example...a former assistant who re-built a smaller team, and was eventually swooped up by a bigger team (Porto ??)......

It might be in our interest to scope out these asst mgrs before they get swooped up by the bigger clubs and are no longer in our budget.........instead of shooting for the stars with the likes of Beenhakker, and then can't afford even keep him for a decent stint........

Not sure how the system works, as these asst's may just be being groomed under reputable managers, have a defined career path laid out well in advance, which involves a big move and therfore may be inaccessible to smaller programs such as ours...............

Just a thought............

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 10:50:56 AM »
We could only afford dem for 6 mths ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 10:53:21 AM »
Doc...never said Van Gaal turned AZ Alkmaar around. I watched them play the UEFA cup last year, including a thrilling two-leg semifinal against Sporting...that's why i mentioned they were already UEFA cup semifinalists last year and Van Gaal already had a good base to start with. I just mentioned that Van Gaal looks to be taking them to the next level since they were top of the Eridivisie (although the season is only in its very early stages). Only time will tell. I'm not the biggest fan of Van Gaal...but he certainly has some excellent experience. Still think he is out of our price range

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 10:58:07 AM »
Forget all this Van Der Daat and Van Der Diis...if Beene en around post WC06 then we could definitely afford one ...Everald "Gally" Cummings!!!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 11:04:14 AM »
I believe thebest place for small and under-developed nations(football-wise) like Jamaica, Hunduras, T&T etc to look for good coaches would be South of the Equator. Traditionally, South Americans have done well coaching CONCACAF teams, only rarelly do we see
European coaches coming to the region and doing well, with the exception perhaps of Bora Milutinovic. European coaches are less tolerant to the deficiences of running footbal programmes that are not very well structured or supported. A Brazilain coach for instance knows what its like to coach poor players..Brazil is for the most part a poor country.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 11:25:49 AM »
just a thought-maybe Bora is the next man for us??
teams don't really play the most beautiful brand but hey the man effective get some teams over the hump. that USA job in 94 was amazing.

Bora Know concacaf inside out. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:28:50 AM by football king »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 11:28:51 AM »
I believe thebest place for small and under-developed nations(football-wise) like Jamaica, Hunduras, T&T etc to look for good coaches would be South of the Equator. Traditionally, South Americans have done well coaching CONCACAF teams, only rarelly do we see
European coaches coming to the region and doing well, with the exception perhaps of Bora Milutinovic. European coaches are less tolerant to the deficiences of running footbal programmes that are not very well structured or supported. A Brazilain coach for instance knows what its like to coach poor players..Brazil is for the most part a poor country.

What then is the deal with European coaches in Africa ? (That's not uncommon)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 01:28:37 PM »
Forget foreign coaches.
Bring back Gally or Fevrier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 02:10:31 PM by Marcos »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 03:39:32 PM »
BSC deserves another chance

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 03:45:49 PM »
oh gosh let we give de current coach a fair chance nah i happen to like de man.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 03:46:51 PM »
We talkin bout after he gone
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 03:48:56 PM »
i hear yuh.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 06:04:34 PM »
none of this matters because once we qualify for 06 then we'd be able to afford leo.
Hart for president

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 06:10:59 PM »
i hope so but who payin?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 06:45:52 PM »
RF, Brasil must be like Haiti then because when you check out some of their towns, buddy they living it up. At least better than I am in Florida. Every building has a recreation center and pool, mandatory.All the houses in the descent areas have swimming pools. The poor seems to live in buildings and the extremely poor, shanti houses. The buildings look pretty well kept and of a descent class. Maybe they houses nice but they pockets empty. Their streets are as big as Miami not Trinidad. Makes one wonder how they so poor, but maybe is a thief ting too like how most countries administration thiefin. Check out Google Earth, you can find a lot about Brasil there.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 10:08:55 AM »
BSC deserves another chance

this post is enough to get u thrown off the site back in february look how times have changed

fervier and gallly combined to make crack team coachin staff

in doh kno who is van gall but i didnt kno who beenie was either so keep beenie wen world cup done try to keep him which go fail an den turn to sum 1 else
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 04:20:47 PM »
Fevrier and Gally are an unstoppable team.
Bring back Hutson Charles too.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2005, 04:55:29 PM »
How will fervier and gally  be unstopable
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2005, 01:49:56 PM »
Hi there,

I wouldn't take van Gaal, although he must have learned his lesson at Barcelona. He is not a globetrotter. And he made lot's of mistakes at Barcelona on the social level, like buffing up top players in group sessions - normal in dutch culture- but something Spanish players really don't like, and Rijkaard & Ten Cate make sure they don't make the same mistakes. Also he is not so good with the Press. I would ask Johan Cruif who to sellect next. He is the real genius, why do you think Rijkaard got a change at Barca in the first place ? But I agree that van Gaal is a top coach, his old assistent is doing good in Chelsea too.

Beenhakker is very well adapted after the many years he stayed in Mexico, he is also experienced and that is what you need. But there are good coaches all over the world, good thing with the dutch is that entire level of football coaches is very high therefor all the assistents are also quite good, it is very important that the entire team is top. ( Keepertrainer, scouts etc)
my 2 cents
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2005, 05:37:53 PM »
But intresting topic, what is important for a good plan of succes for the next topcoach in T&T ?

Good flight connection to a country he has lot's of futball contacts  ?
Good connetions in England ( scouts etc) ?
Needs to be a exprieced coach ? ( one that knows all the tricks)
Language ?
Needs to like\be used to the T&T or SAmerica lifestile ?
Can start a long time before ?

What is the best coach you can get in Caracas ? Guus Hiddink here coach of PSV is combining his job with coach of Australia ! So why not get someone from there that can setup lot's of training camps right at an hour flight from POS and let him have his other job too ? Then he can also start on time ( 1 year up front)

But I think it's nice to forget about the above and just dream who you would liked most.

I think Ten Cate ( Rijkaard's assistent) would be a very good coach for T&T, but who doesn't want to have him. What about Ruud Gullit ? He is a good confident builder and did quite well with Chelsea, although Feyenoord was no succes. Or get just a top coach from Caracas, San Paulo or Argentina..Boca Juniors ? YES DIEGO ARMANDO MARADONA is also fit and in a very good shape;)
Just put that song on ...Life tata ta ta tata... he was just over here in A'dam with Boca... looking good.

Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2005, 12:46:18 PM »
 WE need a dutch structure? ???

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2005, 08:10:48 PM »
The crux of the matter is that we need someone for four years, not for a capmaign only.  We need to put some structure on the football, which is what Lincoln is trying to do.  The best man at home to lead a national team is Gally, but ah doh know if we ready to take that route again.  Anyways, why are we talking about the next coach?  We making Germany and Beenie staying til 2006.

1]; } ?>