April 27, 2024, 05:32:53 PM

Author Topic: Maturana post game comments  (Read 4603 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana post game comments
« on: February 12, 2009, 08:27:01 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UsuwSKrDuVg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UsuwSKrDuVg</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana post game comments
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:30:24 PM »
Gracias

Thank You
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:42:28 PM »
stupid imps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:03:08 PM »
I was wondering about that throw in too.It was ours and although the referee and linesman should of stepped in and are at fault, our players ....mind you international players allowed that to happen. 
   so we have to pay for a translator too? when would maturana learn to speak english?after he get fired?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »
stupid imps

1 pt on d road c it dat way.

Not gettin fired accept it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »
No comprende Maturana El cobo. ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:38:26 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 09:51:10 PM »
That was a good response to the game.  Plus the coach never mention Stern, or missed chances in a negative way.  Unlike other coaches that use players as a scape goat.  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 10:58:22 PM »
I was wondering about that throw in too.It was ours and although the referee and linesman should of stepped in and are at fault, our players ....mind you international players allowed that to happen. 
   so we have to pay for a translator too? when would maturana learn to speak english?after he get fired?

Carlos was going for the throw in and the ref signaled that it was El Salvador's... can't fault the players on that one.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 04:25:45 AM »
In WC matches 1 point on the road is not bad 3 would have been great,the fact is we had 3 or 4 chances to increase the lead,Jones missed an open goal,Edwards shot straight to the GK with only him to beat and I refuse to mention the penalty.This all happened in the first 15 mins of the second half.The way things were going I thought it was only a matter of time that we score another goal or two.I'll bet that EL Salvador is going to spring a few shocks in their home matches.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 05:27:23 AM »
it will b bad if all the other teams pick up 3 pts in  el salavdor
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 05:52:22 AM »
it speakssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 06:10:00 AM »

Last Hex we would not have qualified if we did not take 3 points from Panama on the road.  El Salvador is this year's Panama.  Not only that but we now have Honduras which is stronger than Guatemala was last time and IF we still manage to come 4th we have to play a S. American team not Bahrain.

Let's face the facts folks...our WC dream is over now

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 10:21:22 AM »
well goodbye arrow
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 10:48:03 AM »
Man askin if the team was "leg weary" from the trip....ent dem fellas dem fly dey??
We really needed these three points but i guess we want to do this the hard way....our chances are in now way over, i always believe that if we play to our potential we could more than beat USA, and with Mexico form right now....dem suspec... i eh see Honduras nor Costa Rica play but we cyah fear not team....we have to control the ball...
Matts say he will be lookin at other midfielders because ah Yorke and Birchie yellow cards... Keon get one two ent?? I dont know why Stern didnt get one...he better be lookin for striking options too
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »
No comprende Maturana El cobo. ;D
:rotfl: yuh ah real backside  :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 11:52:15 AM »
we ent fire this man yet

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 12:13:18 PM »
Allyuh know I was a Maturana die hard ...I did say give him a game too ! However after seeing the team play, especially given their prep. tour of argentina  ...he has to go ! You know the taste of the pudding is in the eating !!! I think it is fortunate that we did not win because it would have been very difficult to fire a winning coach.
Dont get me wrong my estimation of Maturana has not changed ...he is a proven coach...just like Scolari is...but like Scolari he cant seem to get the best out of his charges, and for this I say he should he sent his marching papers.

That was a woeful performance against a weak El Salvador team. After gifting us a goal and a penalty we let them back in by giving up more  than a penalty ! We clearly were not in it by the second half.

Mats may be successful with latin style teams and really tried by exposing us to this type of play in argentina,but what we showed there leaves us with little hope for the rest of the competition.

A friend told me he switched channels to see the US vs mexico and wondered what we were playing ??? I challenge anyone to look at the two games to see the huge gap between the top teams and us. Cost rica has won and mexico will take points at home from everybody so where does that leave us if we cant pick up our game ???

I suggest Stewart Charles as interim coach until we get someone with a little more experience ! he knows the players, has coached many of them before, and has shown when W connection played in the regional tournament that he can get the best out of his players.
Now Weary, the tireless Mats detractor,  and I could take dat drink ...and im not drunk ..you could say what yuh want ..I'm not drunk,.I'm not drunk ..... drunk, drunk , drunk , drunk !

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »

to me it shows utter disrespect for T&T ..look at Capello, the man hasn't mastered the language as yet but could give a decent interview in English....you would think that somebody "managing" an english speaking side for some time now would make an attempt to learn some basic english to be able to better communicate with now even much so the media but the players...unless he figured from the get go that he was on borrowed time and a sacking was/is imminent.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 12:38:53 PM »

to me it shows utter disrespect for T&T ..look at Capello, the man hasn't mastered the language as yet but could give a decent interview in English....you would think that somebody "managing" an english speaking side for some time now would make an attempt to learn some basic english to be able to better communicate with now even much so the media but the players...unless he figured from the get go that he was on borrowed time and a sacking was/is imminent.

Hear nuh...

I watching FSC last night and believe it or not, Sven conduct ah interview in full blown spanish.. Talking fast spanish and interjecting all kinda ting.. i couldn't believe what i was hearing.   :o  And ent he reach there ah while after Maturana?

ever since the appointment i spoke about the need for him to learn english and had to hear ah setta jackass talk for it. i could go on and on about the communication barrier that it represents.. it really doh sit right with me.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 12:47:33 PM »
he does remind of ah retarded cousin ah have
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 12:51:41 PM »
he does remind of ah retarded cousin ah have

lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »
ever since the appointment i spoke about the need for him to learn english and had to hear ah setta jackass talk for it. i could go on and on about the communication barrier that it represents.. it really doh sit right with me.

Mats answer the first question from Fuentes without the translator so he could dam well understand English...i guess he just can't speak it  ???

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »
Is one thing to put down de man because dat seems to be de popular thing to do these days, but some of allyuh being very unfair to Mats.  He has not had any English Assignments as a player or coach.  Outside of South America, he went to Spain and Saudi.  Sven is fluent in English, Portuguese and Italian and those two latter languages are quite close to Spanish plus him being from multi-lingual Europe, is really no surprise there.  Most of dem Scandinavians speak the languages of their neighbouring countries as well.  I would not be surprised if Sven knows up to seven languages.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 01:24:11 PM »
Allyuh know I was a Maturana die hard ...I did say give him a game too ! However after seeing the team play, especially given their prep. tour of argentina  ...he has to go ! You know the taste of the pudding is in the eating !!! I think it is fortunate that we did not win because it would have been very difficult to fire a winning coach.
Dont get me wrong my estimation of Maturana has not changed ...he is a proven coach...just like Scolari is...but like Scolari he cant seem to get the best out of his charges, and for this I say he should he sent his marching papers.

That was a woeful performance against a weak El Salvador team. After gifting us a goal and a penalty we let them back in by giving up more  than a penalty ! We clearly were not in it by the second half.

Mats may be successful with latin style teams and really tried by exposing us to this type of play in argentina,but what we showed there leaves us with little hope for the rest of the competition.

A friend told me he switched channels to see the US vs mexico and wondered what we were playing ??? I challenge anyone to look at the two games to see the huge gap between the top teams and us. Cost rica has won and mexico will take points at home from everybody so where does that leave us if we cant pick up our game ???

I suggest Stewart Charles as interim coach until we get someone with a little more experience ! he knows the players, has coached many of them before, and has shown when W connection played in the regional tournament that he can get the best out of his players.
Now Weary, the tireless Mats detractor,  and I could take dat drink ...and im not drunk ..you could say what yuh want ..I'm not drunk,.I'm not drunk ..... drunk, drunk , drunk , drunk !
Breds i glad yuh come to yuh senses, better late than never. i too was ah maturana fan, up until the USA game in chicago, after that i saw the writing on the wall.

could you imagine this man went to chicago with 3 world cup players and all the rest were local rookies. now tell me how the hell yuh go beat the concacaf champs with ah green mango team.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, our football ain't that good @ all, we cannot compare to most of the teams in concacaf niether. and although we have world class players, we cannot  beat most world class countries.

we are extremely dis organised in the defence & midfield, hence the reason we've been conceding goals late in the 2nd half. look @ most games we played and it's the same kaki pants , conceding late goals against guatemala, grenada, jamaica@ the marvin lee, usa in the stadium, cuba in the stadium, and now 2 late goals in El salvador!

maturana has run his course, he cannot motivate our players and he has no strategy, he can't select and he can't rotate players, so what good is he for. sstttuueeeppsss. like small mag would say, GET RID!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

Hear nuh...

I watching FSC last night and believe it or not, Sven conduct ah interview in full blown spanish.. Talking fast spanish and interjecting all kinda ting.. i couldn't believe what i was hearing.   :o  And ent he reach there ah while after Maturana?

Soilder, I have been saying the same thing about ah man coaching we team who cah talk no English fuh ah while, but it look like is we talking Spanish. He running we team by hand signals.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 01:31:07 PM »
He must be ent getting paid that much because they would ah run he outta town long time.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »

So what I suppose to do with all this  aspirin I buy  ;D  :beermug:

say what guess I will still need it.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 02:36:43 PM »

Last Hex we would not have qualified if we did not take 3 points from Panama on the road.  El Salvador is this year's Panama.  Not only that but we now have Honduras which is stronger than Guatemala was last time and IF we still manage to come 4th we have to play a S. American team not Bahrain.

Let's face the facts folks...our WC dream is over now

yeah but last time around we didnt take a point in Costa Rica, Mexico, Guat, or USA. I think we can realistically nick a point or two from those away fixtures this time around.
Hart for president

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 03:09:29 PM »
anyhow it was a disapointing loss leading two nuthing but say what they got a point and they are looking good offensively so now they know they need to tighten up the defense against honduras and going to that game as a must win being that they gave up the three point here. once they keep up that offensive look they had in the firts half i think they can beat any of these teams they just need to get alot better on defense i thought they two striker system with stern and jones worked well . what hurt them in the second was they took off birchill instead of yorke the older yorke got burnt at the end and i thought birchill could of keep up the pressure in midfield . but either way i'm behind the warriors .
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 06:08:54 PM »