March 29, 2024, 12:18:02 AM

Author Topic: Hiddink names strong squad to face ReggaeBoyz  (Read 4948 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hiddink names strong squad to face ReggaeBoyz
« on: September 26, 2005, 08:51:28 AM »
SYDNEY, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Australia coach Guus Hiddik has named Liverpool forward Harry Kewell and Newcastle United defender Craig Moore in a 25-strong squad for next month's friendly against Jamaica.
Kewell and captain Moore were injured and missed the final Oceania qualifiers against the Solomon Islands, which Australia won earlier this month to set up November's playoff against a fifth-placed South American side for a spot in next year's World Cup finals.

Hiddink, who is still coaching PSV Eindhoven, will cast his eye over the squad at a camp in the Netherlands next week before the match against Jamaica at Fulham's Craven Cottage in London on October 9.

'The training camp will give me another opportunity to work with the players and then reduce the squad down for the vital match against Jamaica,' Hiddink said in a statement.

'This is our last chance to get together ahead of the World Cup qualifiers in November so the time together and the match will be crucial to us.

'We have several players that have been out injured and are in the process of their rehabilitation. We are bringing them in as well so we can check on their progress.'

Australia will play the fifth South American side, currently Uruguay, away on November 12 before the return leg in Sydney four days later.

Goalkeepers: Ante Covic (Hammarby), Zeljko Kalac (AC Milan), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough).

Defenders: Stan Lazaridis (Birmingham), Jon McKain (Politechnica AEK Timisoara), Ljubo Milicevic (FC Thun), Craig Moore (Newcastle United), Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers), Jade North (Newcastle), Tony Popovic (Crystal Palace).

Midfielders: Marco Bresciano (Parma), Tim Cahill (Everton), Simon Colosimo (Perth Glory), Ahmad Elrich (Fulham), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers), Vince Grella (Parma), Joel Griffiths (Neuchatel Xamax), Harry Kewell (Liverpool), Josip Skoko (Wigan), Luke Wilkshire (Bristol City).

Forwards: John Aloisi (Alaves), Scott Chipperfield (Basel), Jason Culina (Twente Enschede), Archie Thompson (Melbourne), Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough).

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Hiddink names strong squad to face ReggaeBoyz
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 08:57:18 AM »
I bet Kewell will get injured....watch and see... >:(

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 09:00:50 AM »
I jamaica can buss they ass

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 09:03:54 AM »
 Â      Poor poor Australia, let's see if the great Hiddink will help after doing miracles with Korea last time. Remember even though Australia had crushed and killed Samoa and Faroe Islands(??) 16-0 and 32-0 or something so, during the 2002 WC qualifiers they still end up losing to Uruguay. After beating Uruguay 1-0 in their home game, Uruguay ate them up in front of their malicious home crowd 3-0 if I remember correctly. I for one actually supported and wanted Australia to get into the WC 2002 ahead of blasted Uruguay, but remember there is no reprieve from a South American team scorned into 5th place.

Good luck Australia I hope you all knock out Uruguay this time to make it to WC 2006 but that will be DAMN tough!!  

I don't think Jamaica is a such a good practice match! They should have played Honduras instead, even Venezuela or something. Even if Australia blow JA that means nothing to play Uruguay especially when they play in Uruguay.

Poor Australia...

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 09:04:01 AM »

Good observation Boss. Cuathemoc Blanco's international career was never the same after that two legged tackle he recieved from Elcock did he? Football is a physical game last time I checked.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 09:11:49 AM »
I don't think Jamaica is a such a good practice match! They should have played Honduras instead, even Venezuela or something. Even if Australia blow JA that means nothing to play Uruguay especially when they play in Uruguay.

That of course depends on the objectives of the coach...obviously his intent is not to simulate playing conditions in Uruguay. If that was the case, he could easily have arranged to play one of the Central America teams in Central America, as opposed to playing Jamaica in London.

Guatemala has also elected to warm up vs Jamaica on Octber 1st in preperations for their final 2 WCQ games vs Mex and CRC.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 09:13:43 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 09:12:48 AM »

Good observation Boss. Cuathemoc Blanco's international career was never the same after that two legged tackle he recieved from Elcock did he? Football is a physical game last time I checked.

oooh gooosh Fus you bad mind!! That went straight over your head... I believe boss comment had nutten to do with Jamaica!!! all to do with Kewell's antics.... wayy sah!!! bad mind boy!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 09:19:53 AM »
And how can you be so certain as to what he meant? That post can be interpreted in two ways. Take a minute and observe Big Magic's comment regarding the game below.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 09:20:53 AM »
The RF fellah real different dred.. wheeys!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 09:22:26 AM »
i would like to say that it is interesting to note that no player from sydeyfc is in that squad!!!

In fact, how many players from the league in which our greatest export currently plays is in that austrialian squad? in see 2.

interesting :thinking:...very interesting :thinking: :thinking:
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 09:24:44 AM »
And how can you be so certain as to what he meant? That post can be interpreted in two ways. Take a minute and observe Big Magic's comment regarding the game below.

ahhhh... yes.... exactly... look how easy we ketch yuh again... so how you could be so certain what he mean?? Eh??... but that Elcock comment always at de ready!!! Eh?
Yuh was licking at de chops like ah hungry pottong in front ah bone to drop tha one!!! Eh? bad mind again!!

RF you like ah First year infants Republic Reader.... Bend up with dog ears but simple simple to read...

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 09:26:37 AM »
Yeah ReggaeFan, FF was right. I was speaking from a Liverpool supporter's point of view. Kewell manages to get injured everytime he makes a comeback. I wasn't talkin about the J'can team at all...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 09:26:54 AM »

Aww sensitive aren't we............sounds like someone needs a hug.........
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 09:27:16 AM »

ahhhh... yes.... exactly... look how easy we ketch yuh again... so how you could be so certain what he mean?? Eh??... but that Elcock comment always at de ready!!! Eh?
Yuh was licking at de chops like ah hungry pottong in front ah bone to drop tha one!!! Eh? bad mind again!!

RF you like ah First year infants Republic Reader.... Bend up with dog ears but simple simple to read...

So what do you think about Big Magic's commenbt in teh earlier post? again, the comment by Boss can be interpreted in two ways! and I am sure you all are aware of that fact!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 09:28:45 AM »
Yeah ReggaeFan, FF was right. I was speaking from a Liverpool supporter's point of view. Kewell manages to get injured everytime he makes a comeback. I wasn't talkin about the J'can team at all...

OK, but you left room in your post for it to be interpreted otherwise. See Big Magic's earlier comment, and you will see the reasoning behing my reply.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 09:31:51 AM »
RF, which post by BM are you referring to? Can you post a link to it?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 09:33:36 AM »

So what do you think about Big Magic's commenbt in teh earlier post? again, the comment by Boss can be interpreted in two ways! and I am sure you all are aware of that fact!

bredder man yuh sta-sta-sta-stammering!!!
yuh repeating yuhself... sure Boss comments could be interpreted another way... but you just couldn't believe your luck that you get any kinda excuse to make another snide remark about TnT football...
... you ent have no DAMN SHAME... at all at all...

BM's comments were in bad taste.. but we all know how he feels about Jamaica football... at least he isn't ah mendacious pretender about it...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 09:47:21 AM »
Rf....just be a man and apologize nah.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 10:19:17 AM »
BM's comments were in bad taste.. but we all know how he feels about Jamaica football... at least he isn't ah mendacious pretender about it...

I suspect many of the people who have replied to this post havent really been in touch with the feelings of many posters on this message board towards Jamaica football.  When I saw he comment, one thing came top my mind, based on past comments....I replied in a way fitting to what my interpretation of the comment was. Call me bad mind if you want to....But I can find at least 3 posts in teh archives that gives support to my reply.

And I really am under no obligation to "pretend" that I support Trinidad and Tobago Football. Everyone here know I am 100% RBZ!! from back in the days of Marc Purcell's message board. I wonder how many of us here today were around back then?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 08:14:35 AM »
I WILL SAY IT AGAIN RF.....GO AUSSIES...POUND DEM REGGAE BRITZ.....ASWAD AND UB 40....HAMMER DEM...BEAT DEM 1,000,000- 0....AND WATCH OUT FOR HARD KICK AND BLATANT DIG OUT EYE AND TING...ASK NIGEL CROC PIERRE.....WAS THAT ALL RF???.....I COULD SAY MORE YUH KNOW......I NOT ON ALLYUH .....TNT TNT TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>