April 19, 2024, 07:56:20 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Fete  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT Fete
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »
Is Shaka and Morris taking advantage like all these organization during this festive season.  It will be a great meet and greet for former and current players and boost the foundations revenue. Especially when dem woman here soca artists and footballers will be under one roof they must make that one. :-\ Any word of any going on soon?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:49:14 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: FPATT Fete
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 02:02:10 PM »
it should be an all inclusive, money will go to the organization and the players, they should also have the best bands and artists bc they are sports heroes, it would be easy to sell out and ask a good price, maybe even hold it jean pierre complex

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »
Good idea. FPATT needs to look into their revenue stream.

Remember Flipper Soccer Camp?
I was one of maybe thousand of kids who went to that - can't remember how much my mum paid for me to go for the week ... but it was the first time I ever saw Rene Simoes.
FPATT should be organising one of these in the July-Aug holiday break, and they have the facilities available across the country to do it.

Have dinners, galas, lectures .... we have had more than our share of overseas pros with their considerable connections for them to be able to bring in seasoned pros and other footballing celebrities.
If people could dish out $500 a fete, they should be able to dish out $500 a plate for a photo op.

They also need to explore ventures with the local pro league and try to get involved with schools (obviously at the teams invitations) ... but they should make their services available.

A good place to start would be to look at the West Indies Players Association. I believe the HQ are in Trinidad, and even though the WICB is a mess, the WIPA always seem to be doing a good job for their members.

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »
Just the appearance and getting to hang with the footballer alone will make your money worth. All inclusive including taking photo with the players with the amount of cell phone cameras people have now-a-days. 

I went to flippa soccer camp too, the south edition in presantation college grounds.  That the days you had to go to sports & games to get the uniforms. and i still have it. Idk how them give me a green jersey with a purple pants, only in Trinidad.  That time i met Alvin Corneal and bold me call him fat man and he get real vex  :devil: 

Anyway back to the FPATT fete, I doubt we can get any overseas pros to come becuase the season going now.  But Latapy available now, thats a big advantage they miss out on too.  Although he's not a member, he can get accomadated for an appearance, #1 fan Lara too.  Jack Warner and he son have hundreds of fetes going on for the season making real money, FPATT take advantage of the happy and overpopulated country too

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:01:44 PM by Babalawo »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »
who say season/ football does get in the way?

remember when Stephen Ireland grandmother died twice? ... yet she was still alive - jess cause his girlfriend was missing him.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 03:08:22 PM »
Nah man they have to settle with the local players. and to see Denzil theobald buss out another wine too  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>