March 28, 2024, 05:36:14 AM

Author Topic: W Connection closes door on Whitley.  (Read 5966 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
W Connection closes door on Whitley.
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »
W Connection closes door on Whitley.
Trinidad Guardian Reports.

Aurtis Whitley, branded a ‘delinquent’ player is out of contract.

All is left to see where 2006 World Cup midfielder Aurtis Whitley will ply his trade for the 2009 season, after South-based Pro League club WConnection failed to renew his contract when it expired last December.

Coach Stuart Charles Fevrier explained that the club’s decision is solely based on 31-year-old Whitley’s participation for the club last season. “We opted not to renew his contract for the 2009 season. He hardly played for us last season, so we decided it is better to invest in a younger player that can give us more,” said the Connection coach.

Whitley was considered ‘delinquent’ by his previous employers CLICO San Juan Jabloteh. He played for San Juan Jabloteh for nine years in the TT Pro League prior to his contract termination in September 2007. One week later he was signed by rival club W Connection.

Now it seems to be the same case at Connection with the T&T World Cup star missing numerous practice sessions and only featuring in under 25 percent of matches for the ‘Savonnetta Boys’ last season. His miserable season also saw him fail to hit the target for Fevrier and W Connection in the League which the club lost by two points to champion Jabloteh.

Whitley returned to the T&T national team in 2008, after being absent in 2007. He featured as team captain against England in June, in a friendly match marking 100 years of T&T football, which his side lost 3-0. However, the once top-rated locally based midfielder, spent most of his time recovering from niggling injuries which saw him feature little for coach Francisco Maturana later on in the year.

Now overlooked by the T&T national team and no longer attached to W Connection, the question is where will Whitley be for the new season? Meantime, W Connection made one new signing thus far this pre-season adding United Petrotrin forward Kevon Woodley, aged 23, to its roster.

Woodley featured brilliantly for United Petrotrin last season following the exit of ace forward Jerrol Forbes in September, shooting himself to stardom scoring 10 goals in the league—most of which came after Forbes’ exit. “I feel that he has the quality to develop into a national player,” said a delighted Fevier.

“At the moment he was available and we didn’t hesitate.” Fevrier further explained that he hoped to sign a couple more players over the upcoming weeks as he strengthen his squad ahead of the 2009 season.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:52:05 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WConnection closes door on Whitley
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:15:37 PM »
But yet man calin 4 he 2 b return 2 d national team. Let d man run he PH taxi service.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
Wonderful. Simply wonderful.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 08:18:56 PM »
But yet man calin 4 he 2 b return 2 d national team. Let d man run he PH taxi service.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »
 ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 09:14:14 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 09:41:04 PM »
this man yes...lawd fada... when de national team needs an experienced good CM ...

Sad sad sad Aurthis.... just now you will outcast yuhself like Hardest boy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 09:46:45 PM »
this man yes...lawd fada... when de national team needs an experienced good CM ...

Sad sad sad Aurthis.... just now you will outcast yuhself like Hardest boy

Since after d WC he playin d fool. JW only bring he back because Wim discard him. It was all apart of d propoganda against meh man. JW make sure he make mention of d fact dat players who were discarded now gettin a chance.

Y did he not make dat Japan trip right after d WC? Anybody remember I eh go say it might prevent he from gettin a contract.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 09:50:42 PM »
Lawd Whitley brain gone awol from he body again.... sigh ... sad

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: W Connection closes door on Whitley.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 07:09:25 AM »
Men head does get big too fast.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 07:30:45 AM »
well he still have da blacklist money to come...to tip dem zen barmen $1000  ...and dais true eh
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »
Allyuh relex nah man! the reason the man miss so many games is BC he was injured sine august. that coach is ah buttom, talking bout he was a disapline problem @ jablo. that was then this is now.

seeing yorke and birchall will miss the next game , who is ah better replacement than whitley??

none ah dem rookie eh better than the trechmen dem, and whitley and bleeder could hold down the defensive mid position until yorke and birchall return from suspension! we need whitley real bad on this team.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 03:12:15 PM »
Allyuh relex nah man! the reason the man miss so many games is BC he was injured sine august. that coach is ah buttom, talking bout he was a disapline problem @ jablo. that was then this is now.

seeing yorke and birchall will miss the next game , who is ah better replacement than whitley??

none ah dem rookie eh better than the trechmen dem, and whitley and bleeder could hold down the defensive mid position until yorke and birchall return from suspension! we need whitley real bad on this team.
As long as Whitley recovers from injury and is in training he should be selected.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 03:46:28 PM »

As long as Whitley recovers from injury and is in training he should be selected.

D training part go b d deal breaker.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »

drugs talk at its best dey
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 04:10:38 PM »
how can i adequately emphasize the intensity of the sigh that im currently going to endluge my already weary body in?

jah, i honestly had such high hopes for whitely from the qaulifying campaign to Germany, and in Germany self

he seemed like a fiesty yet controlled, competent midfielder, alittle wild alittle raw, he reminds of the various african mid players that are bouncing around the barclays right now.

like ah zakora or diop or even an essien.

hard worker with ah rel fire in de belly.

full of potential.

stewps.

is sad dred... real sad.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »

We just watch 11 men bun after 70 minutes and de solution is to bring in somebody even less fit?

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 05:37:54 PM »
this article should have been more forthright.  they saying that the man was branded delinquent by a former club and then they go further to say that it "seems" to be the same situation at Connection.  Of course they putting it in the headline as if his current club call him delinquent.

Now, the current club state that they didn't re-sign him because he didn't play a lot last year.  The story at the time was that he was injured right?  so unless they want to come out and say that either 1) the whole injury thing was a hoax or 2) he miss more time/practice than could be attributed to the injury they should really refrain from making insinuations.

I have no idea what is true but between he and Andre Baptiste it have a lot of gossip masquerading as hard news.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »
While dis site eh d gospel but I sure I remember readin dat Williams say d man say he injured but he sweatin 4 d national team.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 06:36:59 PM »
just cool... and take this from me proper...Whitley real wotless when he make up he mind to be wotless...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 06:53:33 PM »
just cool... and take this from me proper...Whitley real wotless when he make up he mind to be wotless...

Sorry to hear dat Big Mag. Hearing it from a responsible forumite, I can accept that news.
Well, a good player with real potential goes to waste ..............  :-\
.............  but makes room for a new youngster wit' talent, so chin up!   ;)

In dis rongs dah kinda attitude cyak wok. Mr Whitley, thank you for your contributions in the past but we movin' on. Zero tolerance for indiscipline. Daiz ah nex' cancer.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 07:12:48 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 06:56:09 PM »

Tell dem BM he slack like a chinee man draws.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »

dais if he get a club
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 12:20:22 AM »

dais if he get a club

That shouldn't matter now seeing that real men who was unattached up to the other day get on the team .
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 04:22:08 AM »
Well i guess my causin lying to me when he said that whitley is ah missunderstood yute. i does talk to my causin on ah regular, and he does keep me well informed on the behind the national football scene.

homeboy and whitley is breddren and he told me that whitley is real focused on getting back into the national team and is working hard on his fitness.

he also said that whitley is ah strong minded yute and would be ah handfull when he comes back from injury.

all that disapline talk is just gang up ting on the man! the falla trying his best, but his old rep seem like it following him around.

BM don't believe the hype! the bredder workin, but somtimes it discouraging when ppl fighting yuh down based on past performances.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 05:26:31 AM »
JC...me eh fighting down de man...i like Otis as a player....
but watch his club output since the WC in Germany....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 05:38:32 AM »
Well i guess my causin lying to me when he said that whitley is ah missunderstood yute. i does talk to my causin on ah regular, and he does keep me well informed on the behind the national football scene.

homeboy and whitley is breddren and he told me that whitley is real focused on getting back into the national team and is working hard on his fitness.

he also said that whitley is ah strong minded yute and would be ah handfull when he comes back from injury.

all that disapline talk is just gang up ting on the man! the falla trying his best, but his old rep seem like it following him around.

BM don't believe the hype! the bredder workin, but somtimes it discouraging when ppl fighting yuh down based on past performances.

JC....I have a sneaky feeling I've heard this before....call ah name and ah goh whistle, note however that coming up with the name shouldn't be the Hardest thing you've ever done in life.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 07:52:08 AM »
JC...me eh fighting down de man...i like Otis as a player....
but watch his club output since the WC in Germany....

Cosign

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 07:55:14 AM »

JC....I have a sneaky feeling I've heard this before....call ah name and ah goh whistle, note however that coming up with the name shouldn't be the Hardest thing you've ever done in life.....

I C yuh weekend was gr8 u on fire 2day. Ah big man like Whitley is ah misunderstood yute so Guerra go b a misunderstod pickney.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 12:52:10 PM »
When I was a child I did the things a child would
Now that I am grown up,I am still doing childish things...Yeh... :rotfl: :rotfl:....

Rastafari

1]; } ?>