April 27, 2024, 04:40:23 PM

Author Topic: A GRAVE MISTAKE  (Read 17399 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
A GRAVE MISTAKE
« on: February 16, 2009, 01:23:02 PM »
A GRAVE MISTAKE

Mother regrets allowing missing child to travel alone

Gyasi Gonzales ggonzales@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, February 16th 2009

missing: Leah Lammy

Gale Lammy let her eight-year-old daughter travel home alone just once.

It proved to be a terrible mistake.

Today makes it seven days since Lammy's daughter Leah has been missing.

In desperation her mother yesterday broke police instructions and begged publicly for the people who took Leah to release her child.

Lammy blamed herself yesterday for the child's disappearance because she allowed her daughter, "just one time", to use public transportation to get home.

SAD MOM:Gale Lammy, speaking to reporters at her Tom Street, Longdenville, home yesterday afternoon, pleads for the safe release of her missing daughter.-Photo: GYASI GONZALES

She said it was a mistake.

"Somebody must have seen something," Lammy said during an interview at her Tom Street, Longdenville home yesterday.

Her daughter was last seen leaving the Edinburgh 500 Government Primary School on the afternoon of February 10.

Eyewitnesses said she was seen getting into a blue car.

Lammy, flanked by Leah's older brother Josiah said that on Tuesday she cautiously decided that her daughter would use public transportation to get home since it was impossible that day to have someone pick her up.

"I gave her my cell phone and told her turn it on when school was over," she said.

Lammy said when she thought that school was over she began calling the cell phone.

It was then her nightmare began.

Her calls went straight to voicemail as the phone was off.

Lammy contacted Leah's father and asked him if he had picked her up by but he said no.

Gale and Leah's father do not live together.

She said that her brother then went across by the school to see if the eight-year-old was there.

She was not.

Sometime on Tuesday night, the phone was eventually switched on.

A man answered.

Gale Lammy said: "I would like to speak to the owner of the phone please."

The male voice replied: "If you want to see the owner of the phone, you have to pay $300,000."

Since then the cellular phone has remained off.

Lammy tried to maintain her composure while speaking to reporters yesterday but minutes into the interview, she broke down.

"I don't know what to say," she sobbed. "But I just want them to know they could release Leah anywhere. Leah knows my number. She will call."

"Leah is only eight years old," she said. "We have no money. This has to be some kind of mistake. I really can't take it anymore. What these people take Leah for? Why is this happening?"

Lammy said: "This is a small place. Somebody see something. Please, please, bring back my daughter."

Officers from the Anti Kidnapping Squad are continuing investigations.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: A GRAVE MISTAKE
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 04:52:24 PM »
cannot imagine wuh this family goin tru,too sad.could only hope and pray this lil girl reunite with her family.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 04:58:13 PM »
dat real hard in trute yes... I can only imagine how guilt-racked that poor woman feeling.  Sad too because I remember when I was that age I'd occasionally travel home alone from primary school on de bus.  Yeah.. ah know is ah different time and different place now... sad.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:16:41 PM »
even back then was questionable to let yuh kid travel at that age,i use to walk home but it was ah setta ah we,like 8 ah we from de same block use to go to school.remember if yuh 5 mins late yuh modda waitin by de gate.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »
Ah jus prayin that they find the child alive and untouched and they find the beast that did this shit and let him loose to the public so he could feel what it is like to be afraid .

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 01:34:47 AM »
Ah jus prayin that they find the child alive and untouched and they find the beast that did this shit and let him loose to the public so he could feel what it is like to be afraid .

Is Manning fault....And Martin Joseph too.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 07:36:48 PM »
I was looking @ CNT&T news today and  a lady in the neighbourhood was asking why is it that the police  came out in full force eight days after looking for the child when they should have done that the same day .

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »
Flashbacks of the little girl in the white dress (forgot her name). Turns out it was the mother boyfriend that raped and killed the child. I don't know why while reading this story, that child face and the Easter hat she wore on the newspapers came to mind.

8 days....too long but only thing to do is have faith. :-\

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 09:11:10 PM »
Flashbacks of the little girl in the white dress (forgot her name). Turns out it was the mother boyfriend that raped and killed the child. I don't know why while reading this story, that child face and the Easter hat she wore on the newspapers came to mind.

8 days....too long but only thing to do is have faith. :-\

Hope u talkin bout dey Trini. All yuh eh know how d chirren in d school affected by this.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:25:55 AM »
I was looking @ CNT&T news today and  a lady in the neighbourhood was asking why is it that the police  came out in full force eight days after looking for the child when they should have done that the same day .

The Express had conflicting news about this.  They said that the mother kept calling the cellphone she gave to the child earlier in the day.  When a man answer saying that he wanted $300,000 for the return of the child, she called the police.  The police came in immediately, but told her to keep things on the down low.  Apparently it was only this week when she couldn't get positive feedback from the police that she decided to go public with the story.  When the police came out in full force was because they had a suspect in custody.  I don't know what became of that.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 04:02:48 AM »

Dem fookers ent release the child yet.

Allyuh let go the little girl, why allyuh so wicked and nasty.

For God's sake send the baby back to her parents .
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 07:59:44 AM »
Every time ah come in here, I read the last post, hoping somebody would type they release her, or found her abandon on some street somewhere....safe.

gosh :(

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »
Every time ah come in here, I read the last post, hoping somebody would type they release her, or found her abandon on some street somewhere....safe.

Eh boy trinidad real stinking up the place man! i wish i was ah solid 100% results gaurateed obeah man! ah would ah make all ah dem toetee swell up like ah blimp and make dem start rottening from the inside out!!!

i can't believe how ppl in trinidad become so callous and dirty minded, it's like dem ppl from out of space boy.

i remember in the mid 80ies had ah fella dat was raping and killing women, ah think he was called the red hat man, supposedly dat batty hole raped and killed this real nice old lady from my old neighborhood.

she was so nice to me bro, in fact she was just ah real nice lady, it's like i'm seeing her now looking through her window, a short calm redskin old lady who was just full of love.

she went missing for a month , and when they finally found her i got the news, it was like they killed my own grandmother. i wanted to find dat pr!ck so bad and put him outa his missery, but i left trinidad not too long after that.

did they ever find dat devil??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 03:02:15 PM »

Eh boy trinidad real stinking up the place man! i wish i was ah solid 100% results gaurateed obeah man! ah would ah make all ah dem toetee swell up like ah blimp and make dem start rottening from the inside out!!!

i can't believe how ppl in trinidad become so callous and dirty minded, it's like dem ppl from out of space boy.

i remember in the mid 80ies had ah fella dat was raping and killing women, ah think he was called the red hat man, supposedly dat batty hole raped and killed this real nice old lady from my old neighborhood.

she was so nice to me bro, in fact she was just ah real nice lady, it's like i'm seeing her now looking through her window, a short calm redskin old lady who was just full of love.

she went missing for a month , and when they finally found her i got the news, it was like they killed my own grandmother. i wanted to find dat pr!ck so bad and put him outa his missery, but i left trinidad not too long after that.

wuh area was that

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 03:24:36 PM »

wuh area was that
Belmont, but she really lived up on agustini street which is called gonzales, i on the other hand was from lower down on hermitage road.

i used to lime up in agustini street by ah breddren name gregory , it was like i was literally livin by dem and she lived like 4 houses away, plus i used to see her all the time passing through my neighborhood, some times i would help her with her grocery bags.

back then i was the old ppl helper BC i always helping some old lady with they basket, grocery bags , or cutting the bush in their yard, ah know nuff ah dem miss meh when i migrated.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 03:46:10 PM »

wuh area was that
Belmont, but she really lived up on agustini street which is called gonzales, i on the other hand was from lower down on hermitage road.

i used to lime up in agustini street by ah breddren name gregory , it was like i was literally livin by dem and she lived like 4 houses away, plus i used to see her all the time passing through my neighborhood, some times i would help her with her grocery bags.

back then i was the old ppl helper BC i always helping some old lady with they basket, grocery bags , or cutting the bush in their yard, ah know nuff ah dem miss meh when i migrated.
that is where u call sunshine.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »
When they ketch that sick fack they should cut ah tree shapen it pencil point tie his hands behind his back tie his foot and put him to sit on it naked as he born .

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »
You know maybe them middle east people have the right thing going with an eye for an eye justice. Because even if they find whoever take her, by the time they go through the system which takes forever is years. Throw some acid in they eye, cut off they balls and feed them to rabid pitbulls.  >:(
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »
Cops too slow on Leah search
Sunday, February 22 2009

The Commissioner of Police may have felt good, having led his men in this search. Nonetheless, the thought keeps nagging at me, if it was his eight-year-old daughter, would he have waited eight days to mount a similar search?

I ask further, were it the child of a politician or a rich powerful financier, would it have taken so long for such a search? Doesn’t the Police Service know that in a case of kidnapping especially, that the first 20 to 48 hours are the most critical?

As for the beast who preyed on that innocent child, I hope that he can prove to himself that he has some trace of humanity, and let someone know where the child is.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »
sometimes when yuh hear these stories u want to know if it worth bringin innocent children into this world.my eyes always on my 2 girls.yuh hadda pray everynite fuh they wellbeing.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 02:11:02 PM »
nothing yet ah guessing....sigh!!

Here lies the problem
You need 5 O'levels to join the force. Yet those who obtain 5 passes ain't really going for police man wuk, simply because salary ain't nice, and it hard to climb dey ranks.
In this season, majority of officers patrolling the streets and fetes.
Manpower on dey low.

So to get officers to look for a child, in fact i'm sure they have no clue where to start looking....it sad to say this child is now another number.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 07:02:33 PM »

Here lies the problem
You need 5 O'levels to join the force. Yet those who obtain 5 passes ain't really going for police man wuk, simply because salary ain't nice, and it hard to climb dey ranks.
Manpower on dey low.

So to get officers to look for a child, in fact i'm sure they have no clue where to start looking....it sad to say this child is now another number.

Trini dat eh true police pay far betta than civil service pay. Not 2 mention d allowances. After u train and u go through u probation u end up in 1 of dem specialist unit u nice. Promotion and all takin quicker now. So it eh bad place to wuk. Dey recruited this wk as u know and nuff peeps went. Peeps with degree and all. D era of spellin constabulary 2 get in d wuk longgggggggg gone.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »

Here lies the problem
Manpower on dey low.

Trini dat eh true police pay far betta than civil service pay. Not 2 mention d allowances. After u train and u go through u probation u end up in 1 of dem specialist unit u nice. Promotion and all takin quicker now. So it eh bad place to wuk. Dey recruited this wk as u know and nuff peeps went. Peeps with degree and all. D era of spellin constabulary 2 get in d wuk longgggggggg gone.

ah hear what ya saying, but ah disagree wid ya. police man wuk isn't as glorified as before..but
at dey moment Gras goings on and ah busy taken it ein.
ah go answer when it done

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 08:31:49 PM »

Here lies the problem
Manpower on dey low.

ah hear what ya saying, but ah disagree wid ya. police man wuk isn't as glorified as before..but

NEVA SAW IT AS GLORIFIED.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »

Here lies the problem
Manpower on dey low.

NEVA SAW IT AS GLORIFIED.

hmmm aright!!
ah doh know where in that first sentence you see where i say that you say you never saw it as glorified.
(allyuh ah tired eh, so excuse meh grammer...ah was watching Gras til bout after 1 am)

i am speaking on my behalf and i can tell you that  'back in the day' police man wuk was glorified. you have/had a member of ya family in police - all man jack in your neighbourhood respect the ground ya walk on.
Not these days, even within the service you hadda watch your back. You have to turn ah blind eye when illegal shit happening. From top to bottom. This is public knowledge.

Now doh get me wrong, police man wuk have it's rewards as you said. Many retirees living large. Some deserve it, others lawd. Those recruits that have the degrees that joining the force, you seriously think that that was their first choice of work ? Could it be that there isn't any jobs out there ? You busting your arse at UWI to get degree/s to join the force to get your arse accidentally blown away by another police officer stupidity or have gun war up on the hills??? If I knew in advance that to join the service it only requires 5 Os, what dey neck I wasting time going UWI for ?? That is 3 years ah full pay and benefits I miss out dere.....

Come on now...

Anyway back to dis ting, ah guessing they ain't find the girl chile yet ???

p.s War doh come to buss ah cap in meh arse because ah know police eh.....is not my fault :-\

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 09:56:53 PM »
It have some peeps who feel dat they can make a difference thus dey join. I had a friend after he A'Levels really wanted 2 join but dey say he would not have stay so they eh take him. What I know wukin wit them it have nuff ah dem who in dey 40's etc who join in d  80's join as u say Trini is because it was d height of d recession an join because it was a paycheck.

So while it was nice 2 say I go bring XYZ who was a police 4 u the reality is that they attracted peeps who had no qualifications and when it went 2 3 passes they still did not attract the best or d brightest. Now wit d new compensation and d opportunity 2 move up they will b able to get some bright peeps.

As 4 d chile nutten yet.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 10:02:36 PM »
sometimes yuh have to feel fuh them rookies,they go in hot and sweaty and when they see de people who they suppose to be lookin up to as mentors doin shit and nutten even close to solvin anyting,wuh yuh expect,one man cyar change ah police force.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 10:34:46 AM »
Mom fasts, prays for Leah's return

Carnival retreat...

Nikita Braxton South Bureau

Wednesday, February 25th 2009

Her prayers never paused for a moment this Carnival, nor did she forget her missing eight- year-old daughter Leah Lammy.

Mother Gale Lammy spent the past four days on a spiritual retreat at a secret location, praying for the return of her child, kidnapped and missing now for two weeks.

Reached by phone last evening, Lammy said: "I am fasting and praying. I wanted to be away from everyone for a time."

Her child, Leah Lammy, left the Edinburgh Government Primary School back on February 10 to travel to the family home at Tom Street, Longdenville.

The child did not get home. When Lammy called her daughter's cell phone, a man answered and he asked for a $300,000 ransom. The cellphone has not been answered since, and extensive searches of Central Trinidad, led by Acting Commissioner of Police James Philbert, have found nothing.

Last week, Leah's school joined the appeal, posting banners and posters on the school fence, asking the abductors to free the child.

Gale Lammy, a member of the Full Gospel Church, said yesterday: "I am praying hard for Leah's return. I want to appeal again to the people who have her, please release her. I am putting my faith in the Lord now."

Anyone with information can call 800-TIPS or the Chaguanas CID at 665-9958.

This one does hurt me like if is my child ,this one does bring tears to my eyes ah jus cant believe that man so demonish and heart less .

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 05:04:51 PM »
15 days too long.....
But I holding on with hope yes.
Hard to say, but even if she get her child lifeless body back, at least she have some sort of closure, instead of not knowing at all.

weary ah know you might remember this one. Ah going back in the late 80s or early 90s. Do you remember the little indian boy who went to the neighbourhood parlour and never turned home? Up to this day no knowledge, no body of that child was ever found. Either the villages said or his mother while watching him walk away said they/she remembered seeing him 'going into' a white 120Y Datsun. That was the only clue they had.  Years after the mother passed away and recently the family home was gutted by fire.... I think about 1 year ago ???

At my early age I still remember sitting down watching TTT news when this story developed. I think it was something new that was happening in Trinidad at that time, in other words kidnapping wasn't the 'in thing' then. People were worried and panicking about the safety of their kids etc. Then there were a couple more kidnappings during that time, all children.....never heard anything about them. Then the first adult was Juliet Tam, and the rest is history. Rumor had it that Tam was seen in the US or she joined some cult etc etc etc.
Remember dat ???

5 or 6 years ago, some hunters found one set of bones (un-confirmed if human) in the forest. I can't remember where exactly but in south. The police and whom ever collected the bones and that was the end of that.

I always wonder when dey dress up in white smog and protective wear when visiting a crime scene or collecting evidence, what dey hell they do with it after. Is there a lab in Trinidad ???

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 06:02:59 PM »
cannot remember the little fellah you talking about...but I do remember that Juliet Tam incident

..and it had ah nex lil fellah name Marc Prescott...just disappear...trinidad way too small for nobody to know nuttn
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>