April 25, 2024, 06:29:48 PM

Author Topic: Real Madrid - Liverpool Thread (Feb-25-09).  (Read 4763 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Real Madrid - Liverpool Thread (Feb-25-09).
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 03:44:27 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil: :devil: :devil: hard luck la Liga boys and gilrs
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 03:45:19 PM »
classic Liverpool, but heartbreak for Real. You could tell from the body language of Gago and Sergio Ramos that the goal just take the wind out of Real sail.

the game at Anfield could be the best game of all the return legs this rounds.
Real will come at 'pool hard and direct.
'pool have the players to stay back and defend doggedly, but could launch telling counter attacks.

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »
Y N W A . . .
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 03:48:26 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 03:51:13 PM »
Y N W A . . .

Am.... ::)  you not missing a letter in there  ???  :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 04:03:55 PM »
Y N W A . . .

Am.... ::)  you not missing a letter in there  ???  :-\
What letter, boss?  Check yuhself!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »
doh worry you go figure it out soon enough..Where there's a WILL there's a WAY  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »
doh worry you go figure it out soon enough..Where there's a WILL there's a WAY  :D

Big Up!

Go check the board of any Liverpool site.  That's not how it is abbreviated.....So much for you guys knowing bout the club.  It's "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 05:52:21 PM »
I think every team in with a shout for the next rounds. I only have to reflect back on Porto knocking out Manu at Old Trafford a few years back. With the exception of Sporting nuff teams could get water in their eyes next game.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2009, 06:30:48 PM »
Good game....Imo Liverpool had the better clear cut chances... but Real dominated play

Great delivery by Fabio for that goal...

Real will get hit on the counter at Anfield...bye bye madrid

Prediction 3-1 at anfield

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »
Good game- a total heartbreaker....

The home team came out to play, the away team came out to capitalize on the space when the play broke down and to punish the errors- the away team executed.

Liverpool did a tremendous job of make the opportunities difficult for Madrid- Madrid outshot Liv but most of the shots were off target....for all the attacking forays- Reina only had one difficult save to make from my recollection.  Liverpool made their own dangerous chances on the break....

Madrid needs to move the ball abit quicker going forward, and Juande needs to keep Guti on the bench- I think he gave away 3 out of every 4 passes he made.... this is not fete match football... The man is useless in a high tempo, high impact game...useless.  Raul was also absent today. 

Lass Diarra is probably the fittest man on the planet. 

Xabi Alonso is Liverpool.  Honorable mention- Benayoun.

Poor marking on the free kick- free header for Benayoun and that was all she wrote

See you in Anfield.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2009, 10:11:33 PM »
Good game- a total heartbreaker....

The home team came out to play, the away team came out to capitalize on the space when the play broke down and to punish the errors- the away team executed.

Liverpool did a tremendous job of make the opportunities difficult for Madrid- Madrid outshot Liv but most of the shots were off target....for all the attacking forays- Reina only had one difficult save to make from my recollection.  Liverpool made their own dangerous chances on the break....

Madrid needs to move the ball abit quicker going forward, and Juande needs to keep Guti on the bench- I think he gave away 3 out of every 4 passes he made.... this is not fete match football... The man is useless in a high tempo, high impact game...useless.  Raul was also absent today. 

Lass Diarra is probably the fittest man on the planet. 

Xabi Alonso is Liverpool.  Honorable mention- Benayoun.

Poor marking on the free kick- free header for Benayoun and that was all she wrote

See you in Anfield.

Good assesment, especially coming from a Madrista  :beermug:
Is knockout football therefore you have to do what you need to do in order to progress.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 10:53:22 AM »

Very unlikely. This tie is over. For all the criticism of Liverpool for their "unadventurous" tactics, if the other team doesn't make them pay for it you can't complain too much. I don't see Madrid pulling anything special out of the hat after last night's performance.

Look for Inter to play a similar brand to Liverpool when they go to Old Trafford, banking on getting a goal in a 1-1 or 0-1 scoreline.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2009, 11:29:19 AM »

Very unlikely. This tie is over. For all the criticism of Liverpool for their "unadventurous" tactics, if the other team doesn't make them pay for it you can't complain too much. I don't see Madrid pulling anything special out of the hat after last night's performance.

Huh??  First off I didn't hear anyone complaining...Secondly, when does one ever complain if they are able to defeat "unadventurous tactics"?  In that event no one cares....I'm not following you.  Complaints usually fly when you're unable to make the unadventurous team pay for stifling the game and you feel that the result of the game didn't reward the "better" team...

That said I think Liverpool put in a good shift.  It was not the boring unadventurous shift that is often seen from teams that lack quality- Liverpool has quality, and it was purely a tactical move as opposed to an admission of inferiority...They were very disciplined, and even though they were on the back foot alot they were compact, maintainted their shaped and hence were hardly ever fully stretched or scrambling...and they created good chances of their own when the space opened up for them...as opposed to being content with just hoofing the ball out and waiting for the onslaught...

I don't think that the tie is over though...Advantage Liverpool no doubt (a strong advantage at that), but only a fool would write off the possibility of Madrid beating Liverpool in the return leg.... I don't think Madrid needs to pull anything "special" either- they just need to play their game and be patient... as they say in Trini: "pressha does buss pipe"  Last night was no different...and that's where Juande Ramos messed up in bringing on Guti.  He got impatient, and felt the need to bring on someone who can unlock the door with a magical pass....instead of trusting the more solid, and fitter players to continue wearing the game down until the dam cracked....and instead Guti ended up giving up the ball and creating more space in the middle of the field (because he doesn't defend)...for Liverpool to exploit.  Not to mention, it unblanced the team taking off Marcelo- notice everything in the 2nd haf came down the right side....making it easier for Liverpool to adjust and gobble up......And after all that, in the end, it was a needless foul and poor marking on a set play that separated the two teams...Up until then Madrid looked like they could pick the lock if they kept up the constant pressure and stayed patient.  Liverpool was getting more and more tired as the game went on (it's alot harder to play without the ball), and they were beginning to sit very deep- a sign of a tired team..... but the goal knocked the wind out of Madrid. 

Despite sitting on a lead, I actually think Liverpool will play a little freer in the return leg- 1. because they will try to put the game away early, and 2. because they are at home and want to please the fans and get the atmosphere up... Atmosphere is the 12th man at Anfield.  They will be very disciplined in their approach but I doubt they will just sit back and soak up pressure at home.... So I think it'd be an interesting return leg.  The safer bet of course says L'Pool comes out of this round alive... but it ain't over.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:44:23 AM by kicker »

giggsy11

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 01:30:31 PM »
Benayoun is to liverpool what Park Ji is to United. Always gives the side a better chance of winning. I don'tthink United has lost when Ji plays.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 01:33:51 PM »
I also don't think it's over either. Benitez has to guard against complacency, because as amazing as European nights at Anfield are, Real will definitely come all guns blazing. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it... :beermug:

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 02:36:16 PM »
Benayoun is to liverpool what Park Ji is to United. Always gives the side a better chance of winning. I don'tthink United has lost when Ji plays.

theres something about benayoun...he's like de dark horse...de x factor.....ji is de same thing
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 03:26:13 PM »

theres something about benayoun...he's like de dark horse...de x factor.....ji is de same thing

Benayoun has been a legit player for sometime-no spring chicken either...He's about 28/29 now.... He was the heart and soul of lowly Racing Santander for a few years well.... if you don't follow football outside of England you wouldn't know but he's been highly regarded for a while...He seems to be finally settling in at Liverpool, and showing people what he's worth. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 03:29:31 PM by kicker »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 06:36:24 PM »

Benayoun has been a legit player for sometime-no spring chicken either...He's about 28/29 now.... He was the heart and soul of lowly Racing Santander for a few years well.... if you don't follow football outside of England you wouldn't know but he's been highly regarded for a while...He seems to be finally settling in at Liverpool, and showing people what he's worth. 

Benayoun was a big player in Spain. Always thought he was good but never thought he'd be more than a rotation player at Liverpool. Does he start regularly now?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 07:34:16 PM »

Huh??  First off I didn't hear anyone complaining...Secondly, when does one ever complain if they are able to defeat "unadventurous tactics"?  In that event no one cares....I'm not following you.  Complaints usually fly when you're unable to make the unadventurous team pay for stifling the game and you feel that the result of the game didn't reward the "better" team...

Well you confusing me now. Read my post again because your final sentence is the generic complaint to which I was referring. The general lament that a counter-attacking gameplan (read negative tactics) wins out over a more open style of play. I wasn't referring to any specific post or complaint in this thread. I was basically saying that as football fans we can't complain if the "better" team is still not good enough to make them pay.

Benyaoun was an excellent player at West Ham too and I would not compare him to Park. Benyaoun's issue is that he is a playmaker and not a wide player as Rafa has him playing. As a playmaker he is a good player, just probably not considered "big" enough for a big club to build around him. He do well as a regular starter at any of the English clubs outside the big four.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

giggsy11

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »

Well you confusing me now. Read my post again because your final sentence is the generic complaint to which I was referring. The general lament that a counter-attacking gameplan (read negative tactics) wins out over a more open style of play. I wasn't referring to any specific post or complaint in this thread. I was basically saying that as football fans we can't complain if the "better" team is still not good enough to make them pay.

Benyaoun was an excellent player at West Ham too and I would not compare him to Park. Benyaoun's issue is that he is a playmaker and not a wide player as Rafa has him playing. As a playmaker he is a good player, just probably not considered "big" enough for a big club to build around him. He do well as a regular starter at any of the English clubs outside the big four.

No one was comparing their styles-just that they are solid players who when they play as a fan you like your chances more based on what they each add to a side. They offer intangibles that other players on their teams don't offer. Park is discipline enough to follow the game plan, can beat a man, will run for days, dogged, has the temperament to handle the pressure of big games. Benyoun is crafty, smart, attacking, can play behind the striker and is a playmaker as well as goal scorer.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 10:25:22 PM »

really never knew that about benayoun....but he is a great player from what i see in liverpool. i do follow some spanish football but only with real madrid......it kinda hard watching two of yuh fav teams like going at it.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 12:32:39 AM »

I never said anything about a specific post...I said I didn't hear any complaints- i.e. specific or generic....

You said you can't complain if the "better" team doesn't make the unadventurous team pay for stifling tactics..... So when is it ok to complain?  When they do make them pay?  That makes no sense to me...

I'm saying if a team is unadventurous and they are made to pay for it, then there should be no complaints.  Otherwise I could totally understand why one would complain...because as fans we're upset/disappointed to see "negative" tactics win out.  How is that confusing?

That said, I wouldn't class Liverpool's performance as negative.  I think they were conservative and disciplined-  Typical of an away team that has respect for the ability of the hosts...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 12:44:25 AM by kicker »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 08:46:44 AM »
Benayoun was a great player with Racing Santander in Spain, in fact I would say he was the only reason they stuck around in the first division for the period of time he was there..

always remember him for that cut inside-cut outside beat he used to steady kill men with..

another example of stifled genius at the hands of benitez.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2009, 06:52:30 AM »
Benayoun was a great player with Racing Santander in Spain, in fact I would say he was the only reason they stuck around in the first division for the period of time he was there..

always remember him for that cut inside-cut outside beat he used to steady kill men with..

another example of stifled genius at the hands of benitez.

Benitez knew bout Benayoun at Santander, and said he wanted to sign Yossi early on at 'Pool, but he wanted to make sure that Benayoun could face the rigors of the EPL before he made a move for him.  I've always rated him at West Ham and wondered when one of the bigger clubs would make a bid for him.

1]; } ?>