April 18, 2024, 09:02:41 PM

Author Topic: Random football thoughts and aimless pondering - ole talk welcome  (Read 6881 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Random football thoughts and aimless pondering - ole talk welcome
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »
Welll he only got the third because he miss the first two. If he had score one before, he wasn't getting the third most likely...no matter how clear cut!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »
is threads like this does f**k with my studies eh.. steups.

1. Bundesliga this weekend was Bayern v Hertha Berlin.. 20-something minute Toni get injured and hadda come off and Donavan sub on. Well is just shit, shit and more shit flowing after that.. talk bout lose ball and throw way child.. he clearly not on the level of the players around him and swinging hard on schweinsteiger and ze roberto stones with some of the bess ball they give him.. he is real toots..

I surprised to see Donovan going in the game normal normal. He play the 2nd half last week too.
They don't seem to gain anything when he is on the field, but yet there he is.  Bayern is a side that gone stale. Kinda like Arsenal. Without Toni/Adebayor picking up the goalscoring duties, they struggling, when on paper they should be dominating.

I still hoping Hoffenheim upset everybody apple cart.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 12:46:28 PM »

also, i find no one mention that the 3rd penalty shout for the foul on Carlos was blatant, but we was never getting a 3rd penalty even if the defender pull out a gun and shoot him. he take a yellow for diving when he did well to get himself in between the defender and the ball and get foul from behind.

Yup....it was a more convincing shout for a penalty than the two we were actually rewarded- the king of all irony being that he actually got carded for diving on the play...baffling.

Tha' s cause it have an unwritten rule that it virtually impossible to get 3 penalties in a game away from home...and then the ref couldn't admit it was a foul and he didn't give a penalty, so he went the next way and book Carlos to cover up.

Copa America 1999 Martin Palermo (Argentina) missed 3 penalties in one game- Copa was in Uruguay- don't remember the opponent...so it may have been neutral ground and as such the unwritten rule didn't apply  ;D

Ronaldo scored a hattrick of penalties for Brazil vs Argentina in a WC 2006 qualifier in Brazil

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »

also, i find no one mention that the 3rd penalty shout for the foul on Carlos was blatant, but we was never getting a 3rd penalty even if the defender pull out a gun and shoot him. he take a yellow for diving when he did well to get himself in between the defender and the ball and get foul from behind.

Yup....it was a more convincing shout for a penalty than the two we were actually rewarded- the king of all irony being that he actually got carded for diving on the play...baffling.

Tha' s cause it have an unwritten rule that it virtually impossible to get 3 penalties in a game away from home...and then the ref couldn't admit it was a foul and he didn't give a penalty, so he went the next way and book Carlos to cover up.

Copa America 1999 Martin Palermo (Argentina) missed 3 penalties in one game- Copa was in Uruguay- don't remember the opponent...so it may have been neutral ground and as such the unwritten rule didn't apply  ;D

Ronaldo scored a hattrick of penalties for Brazil vs Argentina in a WC 2006 qualifier in Brazil

The unwritten rule only applies to away from home  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »

The unwritten rule only applies to away from home  ;D

Seen. I miss that  ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 01:25:46 PM »
Eduardo is back and he scored a double  :applause: :applause:

I real want to watch the Manu vs Inter game more than the Arsenal vs Roma....I want Inter give them a sound lickin.

Hiddink is just a big name plaster for a gangrene limb.

As Gerrard unfit/out dais it for Liverpool.

If I pee in a bottle and launch it at the El Salvador players when they come to TT, would I be cheered on or chastised by my fellow countrymen.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 01:52:49 PM »

If I pee in a bottle and launch it at the El Salvador players when they come to TT, would I be cheered on or chastised by my fellow countrymen.

Depends on your aim

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »

I hope yuh get chastised... That's just disgusting.  I eh care who do it- cyah support that.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 01:57:42 PM »

Eduardo is back and he scored a double  :applause: :applause:

Eduardo scored a double over high flying Cardiff......steups

Wait till he play a hard tackling team before yuh get excited

Més que un club.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 02:12:44 PM »

I hope yuh get chastised... That's just disgusting.  I eh care who do it- cyah support that.
Yeeh
lets not even think about doin shit like that..............(thus givin the less informed a possible activity to keep themselves busy)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 03:50:45 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 04:08:44 PM »

Yeeh
lets not even think about doin shit like that..............(thus givin the less informed a possible activity to keep themselves busy)

doh study Touches nah. He was never in dat. especially when yuh dun know de boss does be in all dem matches right by his side, so he hadda conduck like a sweetman

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 04:11:22 PM »

Yeeh

doh study Touches nah. He was never in dat. especially when yuh dun know de boss does be in all dem matches right by his side, so he hadda conduck like a sweetman
You must be right
AND he does be making notes for his Reports

or he does do dem reports from memory?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 04:14:24 PM »

A full bottle is a deadly projectile. A plastic bag on the other hand... just doh squeeze it too hard before you pelt it, and like Filho say above, there will be a direct correlation between your aim and your life span.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 05:55:08 PM »
Back on topic

1. I wish Nesta was back

2. A big part of me wants to see Man City buy a bunch of stars, a coach to manage them and run riot in the EPL next year. Imagine Man U being the "other" team in town.

3. I want to see what the original ronaldo still has in the tank. Yuh have to admit the man have real will power to keep coming back injury after injury. That determination alone should make him a legend, fat or not.

4. Why is Kaka the £100m man? Why not CRonaldo, Messi or Zlatan?

5. Why is TNT going to wait until the last minute to get a respectable coach and try to salvage this WC campaign? Why couldn't we do it a couple years ago? Is Jack just saving money until he really ahs to spend it?

6. Ronaldinho is still the greatest...whether Ancelotti realizes it or not

7. Adriano is still the worst...whther Jose realizes it or not
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline football is life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
who have d baddest drag?? dwarika or whitmore?? i say dwarika
if yuh live by d sword..yuh goin to die by d gun!!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 11:19:45 PM »
Back on topic

1. I wish Nesta was back

2. A big part of me wants to see Man City buy a bunch of stars, a coach to manage them and run riot in the EPL next year. Imagine Man U being the "other" team in town.

3. I want to see what the original ronaldo still has in the tank. Yuh have to admit the man have real will power to keep coming back injury after injury. That determination alone should make him a legend, fat or not.

4. Why is Kaka the £100m man? Why not CRonaldo, Messi or Zlatan?

5. Why is TNT going to wait until the last minute to get a respectable coach and try to salvage this WC campaign? Why couldn't we do it a couple years ago? Is Jack just saving money until he really ahs to spend it?
6. Ronaldinho is still the greatest...whether Ancelotti realizes it or not

7. Adriano is still the worst...whther Jose realizes it or not

Agreed breds. Interesting eh.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2009, 08:36:02 AM »

That's a good question.  I think Dwarika's drag is longer, but Whitmore's has more curvature and might be a bit quicker.  Both very effective.  ;D 

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »

That's a good question.  I think Dwarika's drag is longer, but Whitmore's has more curvature and might be a bit quicker.  Both very effective.  ;D 

Kanu had a wicked drag too.

I think I remember him in a World Cup hittin a man a nasty drag and ended up actually injuring himself haha. Dat hadda be the worst
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2009, 09:29:43 AM »

Rivelino !!!
I think I remember him in a World Cup hittin a man a nasty drag and ended up actually injuring himself haha. Dat hadda be the worst

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2009, 10:34:24 AM »

Although it is quite subtle..is the play just before the shot considered a drag on Shilton.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z-qm-Sb_4s

by the way, Romario had the deadliest drag of all time

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »
maybe aston villa will replace arsenal in de big four fuh de epl.unbeaten on de road and currently 3rd.plus everton threathenin arsenal 5th spot.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 01:35:10 AM »

Although it is quite subtle..is the play just before the shot considered a drag on Shilton.....

Baddest drag of all time belong to Robin Van Persie :beermug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5IHE3gzFL0

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 08:03:11 PM »

Baddest drag of all time belong to Robin Van Persie :beermug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5IHE3gzFL0

dat is a proper drag....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2009, 08:13:41 PM »
I could never forget the wicked drag Yorke hit a man by the corner flag when playing for Signal hill back in the day when he used to know how to beat.

take in this piece of drageration from the dragmaster himself...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzuF3oTh-vc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzuF3oTh-vc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2009, 08:40:37 AM »
i does feel sorry for adriano, the man will probably never get back to his former self.   (i know he had problems off the field but still)

i am worried aston villa pips arsenal for 4th

i am a closet man city supporter and i want to see them step up their game next year

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2009, 08:51:07 AM »
i does feel sorry for adriano, the man will probably never get back to his former self.   (i know he had problems off the field but still)

i am worried aston villa pips arsenal for 4th

i am a closet man city supporter and i want to see them step up their game next year
Fari, have you read this story as yet
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1157776/Robinho-Klinsmann-Brazilian-set-leave-Germany-legend-tipped-replace-Hughes.html
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>