March 28, 2024, 01:11:07 PM

Author Topic: Random football thoughts and aimless pondering - ole talk welcome  (Read 6804 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
1. Manchester United is peaking at the right time- If the current pattern persists, all signs indicate that they will win the league & the FA Cup comfortably.

2. Barcelona is past its peak & plateau'd.....and are at the risk of hitting a slight downward slope.  They are admittedly fatigued, and their brand of football relies so heavily on technical soundness & precision, it's just hard to see them reproduce the magic that they've produced so far, for the rest of the season.  They have enough form & quality, and more importantly, more than a sufficient points cushion to win the league comfortably.... but the CL will be tougher (A month ago I think they would have walked over anyone in Europe)...Would it actually be a blessing for them to lose in the Copa Del Rey? 

3. Is Hiddink really a proven coach at the pedigree level?  To me he's known more for his over-achieving with smaller teams and his nearly misses (No offense to PSV & the Dutch league). 

4. What happened to Arsenal? Not only are they not winning, but they aren't entertaining either....You think it's being considered in the board room that Wenger is getting stale? and maybe it's time to look to other options at the helm of management?

5. Beckham failed his biggest test this weekend?  I know it's just one game but I can't help but wonder if Milan has adjusted its expectations of him after this weekend.

6. Our focus in this past week of WCQ's was how we managed to let a 2-goal lead slip...and how Stern missed a golden opportunity to wrap the game up- Our focus should really be on how El Salvador outplayed us.  They did.  Our 2 goal lead flattered us, and was not an indication of the run of play.  Ince kept us in the game as long as he could.  This was close to the best team that we can field at the moment.  El Salvador is supposedly bottom of the barrel in the Hex.  Were there any signs in that game that we are a well coached & capable outfit?  Does Latapy shoulder any blame in this latest disaster, or as usual Latas can do no wrong? Did we appear to be the more naturally talented team in that fixture? Where is all this talent that we in T&T claim comes from our shores?  ....Scary...

7. Brazil v Italy, Argentina v France, Spain v England.... 2-0, 2-0, 2-0.  Who planned that? 

8. This is the weakest that the U.S. & Mexico have ever looked in WCQ, and they more than likely will still qualify comfortably.  Shameful.

9. Where did Inter find that 18 year old left back this weekend?  Man played as if he'd been playing in Milan derbies for a decade...

10. Ronaldinho is back (almost).

And lastly:

Arsenal- Roma
Man U- Inter
Chelsea - Juve
Liverpool- Madrid.....

Could all 4 EPL teams go out in the next round of CL play?  Who willing tuh put money on that?  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Re: Random football thoughts and aimless pondering - ole talk welcome
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 04:55:50 PM »
4. What happened to Arsenal? Not only are they not winning, but they aren't entertaining either....You think it's being considered in the board room that Wenger is getting stale? and maybe it's time to look to other options at the helm of management?

Defensively:
1. the midfield doesn't provide enough defensive support for the defenders. center of arsenal's midfield is too porous. player for player, arsenal's defenders are not as bad as they're looking. i just think the team is lacking a defensive support from the midfield.

In attack:
1. loss of form by adebayor.
2. arsene wenger insists on playing bendtner who refuses to play within his limitations.
3. injuries fabregas and walcott resulted in lack of attacking penetration.
4. rosicky's injury has kept him out a lot longer than expected.

6. Our focus in this past week of WCQ's was how we managed to let a 2-goal lead slip...and how Stern missed a golden opportunity to wrap the game up- Our focus should really be on how El Salvador outplayed us.  They did.  Our 2 goal lead flattered us, and was not an indication of the run of play.  Ince kept us in the game as long as he could.  This was close to the best team that we can field at the moment.  El Salvador is supposedly bottom of the barrel in the Hex.  Were there any signs in that game that we are a well coached & capable outfit?  Does Latapy shoulder any blame in this latest disaster, or as usual Latas can do no wrong? Did we appear to be the more naturally talented team in that fixture? Where is all this talent that we in T&T claim comes from our shores?  ....Scary...

there were short spurts in the first half where we looked like we were capable of playing decent football. i was also happy to see stern and carlos fire from long range in the early. 1. it's something that i not used to seeing from trinidad. 2. it showed that the players were confident.

BUT

1. short spurts count for little when a game is 90 minutes long. so yes we were outplayed by who i expect will be our weakest opposition in the hex.
2. can't comment on the latapy question.
3. "naturally talented" will never trump "naturally talented + well coached". every professional footballer is "naturally talented". also other than lawrence i have little faith in any of our defenders. can akile edwards, keyeno thomas, makan hislop, silvio spann make any other national team in the hex? i don't think so.
4. i think our starting midfield and forwards are talented. but we lack depth. still think taking off birchall was a big mistake.
5. our players probably also lack fitness.

9. Where did Inter find that 18 year old left back this weekend?  Man played as if he'd been playing in Milan derbies for a decade...

probably where manchester united found rafael. didn't see the inter left back but the sentiment is similar to the way i feel about rafael.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »
i dream tnt finish 2nd to qualify.tink about it,it eh far from impossible.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:00:31 PM »
i dream tnt finish 2nd to qualify.tink about it,it eh far from impossible.

just so yuh know...saying 'it eh far from impossible' is the same as saying it almost impossible

I think Santon played in the last 2 or 3 Serie A games before the derby. He is a product of the Inter youth system. I saw him play a couple of times and he was good and very confident. I didn't see the Milan derby, but just so people know..he is really a right back and is right footed. So what yuh see him do on the left is even more impressive.

- Marcelo finally looking the part

- How come Jai eh say nutten about Argentina failing to qualify for the under 20 WC..a tournament they have owned in recent years.

-After a promising start, La Liga is disappointingly back to the same old 2-horse race.

-Go Aston Villa (and you too Everton).

-Barca..arguably the most attractive team in Europe. ManU, arguably the most complete

-David Villa was and still is better than Fernando Torres

-Nobody makes the complicated look as simple as Xavi. His first touch into space is equal to most players trap, turn and dribble.

-How does Iniesta beat so many men without any movement of his upper body. Is pure tock tock yuh getting and he showing yuh where it going and yuh still eating it. He on the left and he running with it on his right foot..showing yuh de whole ball and yuh cyah take it. Hoss, the man on the goal line and still beating yuh...to the outside ???

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 07:25:29 PM by Filho »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
Ah like this thread. ;D

Ok. Mine. I think T&T should put a special emphasis (recruiting campaign) on unearthing quality defenders.

I remember being afraid of maths in college, knowing I needed to pass it in order to get my degree, I put extra effort into studying step by step, finding a study group, etc., I did whatever it took to ensure I didn't fail. I ended up with pretty strong grades in math although I'll never be a natural.

Since we produce significantly more forwards and midfielders than we do defenders (probably because defending may be considered less glamorous), we need to glorify the virtues of the position and expose its attractiveness--we need to market it as a great thing to our youths.

We also need to make long term committments to conditioning training in our programs.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:35:31 PM »
I think this is the strongest U.S. team ever, maybe the weekest mexico ever!

about us finishing 2nd , that's very possible, we could beat hondurus and costa rica easy if we played our trenchmen, whitley , carlos , birchall, jones, bleeder, avery john, cyd gray, glenn, lawrence, sancho, ince, stern, scotland ,wolf, yorke.

new jacks= julius james , osie telesford(as a defender) daryl roberts, keon daniel, khaleem hyland, phillips , jan williams, jagdeosingh. the rest need to go abroad and learn their trade properly, especially the defenders , they need to either go to germany or italy, to learn how to defend properly.

i'll take hislop and thomas as back up defenders in case of injury.

this team could beat any team in concacaf with the right coach @ the helm.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 08:24:39 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 07:42:20 PM »
Random thought.

I see against Guatemala Yorke bulldoze a man and get away. He come into this rounds carrying a card and proceed to get a next yellow and a red, for the most dotish reason of all, dissent. Yet nobody questioning captain Yorke example and Stern getting plenty lash.

I think this is the strongest U.S. team ever,

Agree with this. Despite the fact that Ching still getting sweat this is a strong US team. Not spectacular but solid.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 07:43:10 PM »
I think this is the strongest U.S. team ever, maybe the weekest mexico ever!

about us finishing 2nd , that's very possible, we could beat hodurus and costa rica easy if we played our trenchmen, whitley , carlos , birchall, jones, bleeder, avery john, cyd gray, glenn, lawrence, sancho, ince, stern, scotland ,wolf, yorke.

new jacks= julius james , osie telesford(as a defender) daryl roberts, keon daniel, khaleem hyland, phillips , jan williams, jagdeosingh. the rest need to go abroad and learn their trade properly, especially the defenders , they need to either go to germany or italy, to learn how to defend properly.

i'll take hislop and thomas as back up defenders in case of injury.

this team could beat any team in concacaf with the right coach @ the helm.
Agreed overall. But the team needs to GEL. Play more together A LOT.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 07:46:37 PM »
Random thought.

I see against Guatemala Yorke bulldoze a man and get away. He come into this rounds carrying a card and proceed to get a next yellow and a red, for the most dotish reason of all, dissent. Yet nobody questioning captain Yorke example and Stern getting plenty lash.

I think this is the strongest U.S. team ever,

Agree with this. [/b] Despite the fact that Ching still getting sweat this is a strong US team. Not spectacular but solid.

But still very beatable. Nothing great. Our boys could handle them. T&T lacks confidence. Its a switch we need to turn on in our minds telling us that we could beat this team. Then go and do it.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
Clarification:

My thought on the U.S. & Mexico is not about how good they are (on paper): I agree that the U.S. is probably better on paper than they've ever been- (as they continually improve) but I think they look less fluid, alot less pacy and less dangerous than they have in years past-

Mexico (no question) as well.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 07:56:34 PM »
yeah ah like dis chicken soup thread .... Filho I stop bigging up  Argentina in any big way on dis forum..it does degenerate into all kinda racist talk ...I go let the team do de talking ..
Yes they failed to qualify for the under 20 tournament while venezuela did. they also failed to get their best young players released to play the tournament from their clubs ..remember in Argentina players get scouted so fast you always have a youth side ...they did not look good at all ..
Didn't Barcelona lead early in La liga last season and by christmas were talking title ? ..are we seeing a small chink in de armour ? ... will they win ...or better yet can Messi stay free from injury ? How many times have they gone to the little Talisman when nothing works ?
Chelsea is hoping for a rebirth from the side that Jose built..do I hear him calling his sheep ?
Man United should win the premiership ...still say if AC Milan gets to the semis in europe ..its all over ...
Whay Omar ..Inzaghi still potting boy !! the  best worst forward like de energizer bunny !
T&T ...the mohammed Ali team ....the one we hope will do it for us again , even though they have little sting and kyah float anymore... Football is for young people ...just watch barcelona, argentina, real madrid fast breaks ...you could say what yuh want , Im not drunk !
USA done show dat dey could book the hotel of choice in South africa...yes El salvador provided an upset against them in 89 but can we take advantage this time around ? We did not last time !
Messi is !..christiano Ronaldo was ! Dat eh no slur on Ronaldo ..he is very good ...is just dat Messi is ..well Messi is Messi !
look for a new word for excellence ....primary school teachers go have it hard . dey go kyah tell children ... " Dont be Messy "
Ah gone

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »
is threads like this does f**k with my studies eh.. steups.

1. Bundesliga this weekend was Bayern v Hertha Berlin.. 20-something minute Toni get injured and hadda come off and Donavan sub on. Well is just shit, shit and more shit flowing after that.. talk bout lose ball and throw way child.. he clearly not on the level of the players around him and swinging hard on schweinsteiger and ze roberto stones with some of the bess ball they give him.. he is real toots..

2. How come these two players dont get call up for Italy.. Rosina from Torino and Tommaso Rocchi from Lazio?

3. I want to see a replay of the piece of footwork Pato hit ah man in the 2nd half yesterday.

4. Back home now.. In all the uproar and cussing over the El Salvador game, I find nobody really take time to break down some of the other moments in that game at all..

First of all, thats the most amount of goalscoring chances i see in one game for a long time.. For el salvador i count about 6 free kick from outside the pk box most of which were kicked over bar.. then they had the header straight to ince in the 6 yrd box.. also the ince fumble.. plus real possession in our 18 yrd box that end up being deflected out by a trailing foot etc..

For T&T we had the notable ones (pk, 1 v 1 etc) that have been discussed ad nauseum.. but also the kenwyne goal that was offside (dont know why), the one that kenwyne i think get on top the 6 yrd box with his back to goal and swivel and swipe and get cleared off the line.. the header cleared off the line.. Carlos rock the keeper with a bullet from close range..

also, i find no one mention that the 3rd penalty shout for the foul on Carlos was blatant, but we was never getting a 3rd penalty even if the defender pull out a gun and shoot him. he take a yellow for diving when he did well to get himself in between the defender and the ball and get foul from behind.

the long hair left winger for el salvador was abusing Spann and shake him off the camera in the second half, but they were never looking like scoring from the cross ball with our tall central defenders..

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »
Whay Omar ..Inzaghi still potting boy !! the  best worst forward like de energizer bunny !

don't be greedy man... pass de dutchie pon de left hand side..

what u really smoking boy jai?

1 OFFSIDE volley and he still potting? De man loafing whole game and rinsing out de linesman ears right through for no reason at all.. when i see the way he wailing up i say nah boy he get tief, only to see he about a mile and a half offside.. how 1 man could be offside so much in 1 career is ah modern day marvel..

right now i think inzaghi slip out the top 50 forwards in football today.  :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 08:07:35 PM »

also, i find no one mention that the 3rd penalty shout for the foul on Carlos was blatant, but we was never getting a 3rd penalty even if the defender pull out a gun and shoot him. he take a yellow for diving when he did well to get himself in between the defender and the ball and get foul from behind.

Yup....it was a more convincing shout for a penalty than the two we were actually rewarded- the king of all irony being that he actually got carded for diving on the play...baffling.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 08:11:44 PM »

1 OFFSIDE volley and he still potting? De man loafing whole game and rinsing out de linesman ears right through for no reason at all.. when i see the way he wailing up i say nah boy he get tief, only to see he about a mile and a half offside.. how 1 man could be offside so much in 1 career is ah modern day marvel..

right now i think inzaghi slip out the top 50 forwards in football today.  :devil:

I din know yuh even had him dey ...he does always play so ...he break all dem goalscorin records playing so ! Yuh tink he go change now ? de man score playin so in de European Cup final !!! it eh have many people who could score like he in the 6 yard box ..big big men does fraid to go een dey !
..no matter who dey bring een ...it still does have room for Pippo ..when dey rach semis an ting ...they know who to go to ..ah lie ? ...
milan know when the bugle blow is horses for courses ...dey doh mash up de structure !! heavy T ! heavy T !

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »

I din know yuh even had him dey ...he does always play so ...he break all dem goalscorin records playing so ! Yuh tink he go change now ? de man score playin so in de European Cup final !!! it eh have many people who could score like he in the 6 yard box ..big big men does fraid to go een dey !
..no matter who dey bring een ...it still does have room for Pippo ..when dey rach semis an ting ...they know who to go to ..ah lie ? ...
milan know when the bugle blow is horses for courses ...dey doh mash up de structure !! heavy T ! heavy T !

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: good one..

but on the real though, dont get me wrong, i dont question inzaghi's career.. I used to always say that man have the best big toe in football and his positioning and anticipation in the box is second to none.. If you ever keep your eyes on him and his movement when other people have the ball is really something.. when someone else take it for deyself and shoot that bitch does be running hard for de scraps where other forwards would stop and wait to see what happen..

but his time has past now and he no longer up there.. cyah start for Milan again. the future is Pato and the time is now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 08:17:24 PM by omarldinho »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 08:13:44 PM »

Yup....it was a more convincing shout for a penalty than the two we were actually rewarded- the king of all irony being that he actually got carded for diving on the play...baffling.

doh forget spann hands too nah ! he han was way away from he body ! If yuh checking calls add that ! El salvador coudda feel they had something dere too !

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 08:13:57 PM »

-How does Iniesta beat so many men without any movement of his upper body. Is pure tock tock yuh getting and he showing yuh where it going and yuh still eating it. He on the left and he running with it on his right foot..showing yuh de whole ball and yuh cyah take it. Hoss, the man on the goal line and still beating yuh...to the outside ???

Is because he does do everything at pace, and his confidence is through the roof. Does do all kinda madness and get tru with it. He is a boss.

-The USA will take Mexico in the Azteca
-TT football mentality is reactive and not proactive. I've only seen a handful of games we have ever played where we probing and searching. Even El Salvador was doing it.
Ketch footballitis

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 08:20:11 PM »

Is because he does do everything at pace, and his confidence is through the roof. Does do all kinda madness and get tru with it. He is a boss.

-TT football mentality is reactive and not proactive. I've only seen a handful of games we have ever played where we probing and searching. Even El Salvador was doing it.

USA will take Mexico in de Azteca ? way sah ..give yuh boy ah tip bout we next game nah ... I eh boung to go and waste meh money !

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 08:29:48 PM »
I have to agree with omar , rosina should be on the italy team. He does run kinda awkward but he is easily one of the best players in serie a .He give practically every defense trouble with he bald head self.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 08:34:41 PM »
As ah Barca fan the only side I fraid is Inter in the CL. Ah in from Zlatan and Muntari is worries for any defense.

I said it before and I will say it again, if Inter play like how dey play on Sun, Rio Ferdinand will be woefully in over his head with no Vidic.

Speaking of which, UEFA eh realise that dey schedule games on Carnival Tue.

Sun's Milan derby prove that even on their best day Man United and the rest of the EPL jes eh ready for other leagues. Still plenty long ball going and only few teams with technical ability.

For all he hype, Berbatov = 6 goals.................steups.

Sunderland is rankin sh!t and while I on the topic ah shit, Stern John is baby tootoo, jes watery with no cosistency - but he does score against Bermuda so that is all that matters.

Raul beat de great Di Stefano for most goals for Real, good to see a player stay with one club for all these years and become legendary in these times.

How many times will Gerrard save Liverpool?

Could Spain carry that form to WC, actually get the luck of the draw and bring home the trophy?

What Maturana was thinking, was he even thinking at all??

After watching Brasil vs Italy, it makes me wonder how they really win WC and if Zizou didn't get that red card would they have won. An in from Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Pato might jes be too much for any defense and me eh no Brasil fan.

Anybody business if England make it to South Africa, seeing as nobody cared that they didn't make it to Euros.

good random post dey Kicker

Més que un club.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 08:44:38 PM »

USA will take Mexico in de Azteca ? way sah ..give yuh boy ah tip bout we next game nah ... I eh boung to go and waste meh money !
It's my opinion that mexico will get droped in azteca if the U.S. run dem in the ground! as a matter of fact , i think mexico will be the 4th place team to play the comebol 5th place.

if we lose maturana before our next game , then we should do well.

one more thing, how come we cyar hear from Jack warner as of yet, on the teams performance in El salv, wham like pancho got jack's tongue ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Why didn't Birchall at least yell at Stern when he didn't play him de ball back when he was wide OPEN seconds before he get subbed out....Me Mum get it in the midfield accelerate and leave out two men, play it to ah open Stern, run in space and no one picked him up, and Stern ignored him and shoot it wide, Me Mum just hang he head and get subbed out.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 09:07:44 PM »

Didn't Barcelona lead early in La liga last season and by christmas were talking title ? ..are we seeing a small chink in de armour ? ... will they win ...or better yet can Messi stay free from injury ? How many times have they gone to the little Talisman when nothing works ?

I think yuh talking 2 seasons ago. Real Madrid walk their way to the title last season. Didn't break ah sweat. Barca started the season well, but never really looked like winning the title. Two seasons ago..Madrid hunt them down and then they run neck and neck through the last few rounds. RM took it on head to head. Right now Real Madrid is looking the best team in Spain. Not as attractive as Barca, but growing from strength to strength and getting clean, solid results. I not too worried about Barca cuz Pep rotating the side plenty. Full strength Barca running real nice and the side have plenty gears. I glad they digging out some results..dat way they know what it is to win from behind. But I wasn't kidding when I said it was a 2-horse race. RM will run them to the wire, but I feel Barca have enough quality and enough distance to take it...

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 05:53:22 AM »
I want to look at this TnT thing from a different perspective. The coach  gets another game if I was de bossman. Why???

Ill tell you. As a poster most astutely said.....Ince save us in that game alot but isnt that what football is about? Were we able to protect that 2-0 lead we would have been the better team on the night regardless. For this reason I believe Maturana deserves another chance. We have never been the first half, score first, come out and pressure the host/home team early and have it pay off in goals (Team). This must be applauded in my opinion. I believe Maturana, was caught just as de team was not knowing how to protect a lead. This is indeed a lack of experience and deserving of a beheading however he did well enough to get his team into such a position so we go have to low him some slack. Lets see if de first half magic was a fluke or its the "new look TnT". If it is then we have come a long way from de "New York Knicks" style basketball which means heartache for de fans. De "chase de Gooti" football that were accustomed too. This might be the dawning of a new era and I'd like to see how far it goes. Maturana is guilty of shitty subbing, Not reading or controlin de tempo,not changin form to accommodate lead and not protectin a 2-0 lead in hostile territory but he is also guilty of gettin TnT out de blocks faster than I have seen in eons so de boys gets to recreate that again. I suspect that de Team will re-calibrate and talk about how to protect a lead. We have never had those problems before. Go Maturana you have my support (at least for another game).
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 06:24:55 AM »

Tha' s cause it have an unwritten rule that it virtually impossible to get 3 penalties in a game away from home...and then the ref couldn't admit it was a foul and he didn't give a penalty, so he went the next way and book Carlos to cover up.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 07:05:29 AM »
Why didn't Birchall at least yell at Stern when he didn't play him de ball back when he was wide OPEN seconds before he get subbed out....Me Mum get it in the midfield accelerate and leave out two men, play it to ah open Stern, run in space and no one picked him up, and Stern ignored him and shoot it wide, Me Mum just hang he head and get subbed out.

dem is 3 words I never thought I'd see in the same sentence. "me mum and accelerate". You sure he didn't slip.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 07:33:33 AM »
I jes had a feeling this thread would ah degenerate into another boring ass discussion about TRI vs ELS.

Talking about the same old points, reliving the same shit blah blah blah.

Més que un club.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 07:48:09 AM »
TnT will get outplayed by all the Hex teams on the Road.

We are not a good ball possesion team and we cannot maintain possesion under pressure. The fact that El salvador out played us is not that important.

When we play at home the game is more comfortable for us.

We will create chances against all the teams the key for us will be finish the chances and scrape some points on the road and hope to win some game at home.

we are not a dominating team.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 08:25:23 AM »

Tha' s cause it have an unwritten rule that it virtually impossible to get 3 penalties in a game away from home...and then the ref couldn't admit it was a foul and he didn't give a penalty, so he went the next way and book Carlos to cover up.

Copa America 1999 Martin Palermo (Argentina) missed 3 penalties in one game- Copa was in Uruguay- don't remember the opponent...so it may have been neutral ground and as such the unwritten rule didn't apply  ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:30:54 AM by kicker »

1]; } ?>