March 28, 2024, 11:41:54 PM

Author Topic: Allyuh see Birchall miss a pk...  (Read 5255 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh see Birchall miss a pk...
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »
Against Luton...

Luton beat Brigton on PKs to make it to the final of the Johnstone Paint Trophy... (is that their version of the league cup?)

They just showed the highlights- Birchy missed the final one from the spot to hand Luton the victory...

Not a good week of penalties for Trinis...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Allyuh see Birchall miss a pk...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:31:43 PM »
Is no surprise there...he is not really a regular penalty taker.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:34:21 PM »
drop he from the team........................ NOW

ah tryin ah Arrow
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »
......drop he from the team........................ NOW......... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
......drop he from the team........................ NOW......... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

But allyuh would be suprise Dennis Lawrence does take some sweet PK for a tall man

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 07:23:44 PM »
he probably got some pointers from stern
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 07:25:01 PM »
All of that is from lack of preparation as a unit,enough individuals are against Edwards and Spann at right and left back,we should be looking down the road,let them get seasoned now otherwise we will be going down this very road for 2014
Cyd and Avery they served well but time marches on,by bringing them back our team just got so much older and judging from how man was sucking wind in the last 25 minutes of the El Salvador,it may have been just worse

It would be great to make it to South Africa but 2014 is not that far away,let the youths get some valuable experience at this level now,from which the Warriors will benefit for the 2014 campaign

Just my two pennies

Ratafari

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 07:32:32 PM »
All of that is from lack of preparation as a unit,enough individuals are against Edwards and Spann at right and left back,we should be looking down the road,let them get seasoned now otherwise we will be going down this very road for 2014
Cyd and Avery they served well but time marches on,by bringing them back our team just got so much older and judging from how man was sucking wind in the last 25 minutes of the El Salvador,it may have been just worse

It would be great to make it to South Africa but 2014 is not that far away,let the youths get some valuable experience at this level now,from which the Warriors will benefit for the 2014 campaign

Just my two pennies

Ratafari
      Aye boy don't say that on this forum,you mad or what!!!! :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 07:36:47 PM »

Just my two pennies

Ratafari

:arguing: :waiting:

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »
Against Luton...

Luton beat Brigton on PKs to make it to the final of the Johnstone Paint Trophy... (is that their version of the league cup?)

They just showed the highlights- Birchy missed the final one from the spot to hand Luton the victory...

Where d facebook posse?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 07:51:03 PM »
Illusions only last for so long.....then reality steps in

Them lessons should have been learned from 2006 so for 2010 we would have overcome

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »

Just my two pennies

Ratafari
Stop talking crazy nah bredder! spann can't even get ah run out in a confederation team, that's like playing for carib peter borough and scrubing bench, but running out for the national team infront of better players.

aklie edwards needs to learn his trade either in italy or germany if he can,that fella ain't ready yet for this kinda competition, and he will cost us in the hex.

let meh tell yuh this , if cyd and avery was playing on the 11th and we was up 2-0 with 15 min left on the clock, there was no way we were going to lose.

man talking bout when dem yutes will get some experience? well.......didn't they get a bligh all yr for @ least most of the friendlies we played and plus the prelude to the degicel cup and the actual degicel cup it self?

no team in the world doh have time to bleed yutes, it's either yuh have it or yuh don't!

look @ pato , he had to wait till adriano bun before he get a bligh against italy. and pato real real forkin bad!!

so why aklie sweating over avery , and why they have to go all the way to england to pull out spann last minuite and we have cyd gray who is ah boss defender. and yes ! ah take back every thing i said bad about cyd and avery.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:14:58 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34:08 PM »
that man infects everybody around him with his brand ah shit

Més que un club.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 10:02:57 PM »
so if ah understanding this correctly, we should be giving de youths ah chance in de Hex to prepare dem for the next WC in 2014? yuh know what i was going and write ah setta thing about advantages and disadvantages, but ah realize dat eh me, i around to long to fall into that trap.

very simply that is the most senseless thing ah ever hear, me eh mean no disrespect to nobody eh, you could imagine me telling one ah my football friends from the US or Mexico or Brazil or Ghana or anywhere bout dat suggestion???

now about Me Mum, somehow ah know dat is Selsfish Stern's fault.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »
btw JC, we didn't DRAW because of defensive blunders, we were scored on with 2 deadball free kicks, niether through any miss/bad tackles of either wing backs, I think both times the ball came down the middle....ok, carry on. ::)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:32:20 AM »
btw JC, we didn't DRAW because of defensive blunders, we were scored on with 2 deadball free kicks, niether through any miss/bad tackles of either wing backs, I think both times the ball came down the middle....ok, carry on. ::)
Maxg go back and watch the footage , the fella leave out spann who had his hand behind his back defending, then hislop step in and foul the man on the edge of the box. if that was cyd that fella wasn't getting by so easy.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 05:01:35 AM »
Jut Cool....Just Cool

Watch them highlights again

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 05:28:13 AM »
Stop talking crazy nah bredder! spann can't even get ah run out in a confederation team, that's like playing for carib peter borough and scrubing bench

Your memory short mi brother,not too long ago we had 2 players who were unattached..Hyland and Daniel come with a different argument,that one soft...... :rotfl:

.do you recalllet meh tell yuh this , if cyd and avery was playing on the 11th and we was up 2-0 with 15 min left on the clock, there was no way we were going to lose....maybe we would be playing with 10 insted of 11...just maybe..... ???

man talking bout when dem yutes will get some experience? ......when JC just when

Well  them two man could not make the training squad to Argentina

An illusion is no  substitute for Reality

Rastafari

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 05:55:14 AM »
He's not the first and won't be the last.....

Offline Spoony

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 06:32:11 AM »
I watched the whole game, he set up the goal, he played as keen as mustard, get your facts right before you start laying out your unhelpful views you wanna be!

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 08:01:29 AM »
In response to the title not the preceeding discussion; I ent see Birchall miss I see the goalie make a good save.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 08:25:33 AM »
In response to the title not the preceeding discussion; I ent see Birchall miss I see the goalie make a good save.

You're kidding if you really think it's not the same thing.

And you're also kidding if you think you have to defend Brichy. It was just an observation about Trinis unlucky with pks over the last week

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 08:49:26 AM »
Maxg go back and watch the footage , the fella leave out spann who had his hand behind his back defending, then hislop step in and foul the man on the edge of the box. if that was cyd that fella wasn't getting by so easy.

I will review, yet I can't be so sure "that if it was blank_blank, that fella wouldn't get by"...I have seen everybody get run past, even from the most unlikely ppl...I will agree a good defender howevr, will limit these occurences and how it effects his team, but to put yuh head on block like that, is not recommended in football, that's why the game nice...btw You woulda ever think Platini, Baggio woulda ever miss penalty in WC, but they did..... was that why their teams lorse...Yes....were they any less than great players for it...No.... If the man run by Spann or maxg or JC whole night, and doh score, who mess up more, the man or we....doh make none ah we not good...Even the great "el Cyd" coulda have ah orf day, and if he wasn't selected, even with bias, chances are he was having more orf than on.....that being said, I wouldn' have selected Spann, based on 1. his lack of playing time recently,2. not seeing him regularly...but it could be possible that what was being seen, was not up to scratch.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »
Against Luton...

Is Stern fault  .....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 01:29:44 PM »
I watched the whole game, he set up the goal, he played as keen as mustard, get your facts right before you start laying out your unhelpful views you wanna be!

Whose facts aren't straight? 

Unhelpful views?  Where?

Who is a wanna be?  A wanna be what?

All I said is that it was a tough week from the penalty spot for T&T players...Just in case you didn't know, Stern John missed a crucial penalty for us in WCQ about a week earlier....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 01:30:29 PM »
Against Luton...

Is Stern fault  .....

Of course- always... That's why I didn't type it- it's just understood....  :-\   ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 04:01:40 PM »

I will review, yet I can't be so sure "that if it was blank_blank, that fella wouldn't get by"...I have seen everybody get run past, even from the most unlikely ppl...I will agree a good defender howevr, will limit these occurences and how it effects his team, but to put yuh head on block like that, is not recommended in football, that's why the game nice...btw You woulda ever think Platini, Baggio woulda ever miss penalty in WC, but they did..... was that why their teams lorse...Yes....were they any less than great players for it...No.... If the man run by Spann or maxg or JC whole night, and doh score, who mess up more, the man or we....doh make none ah we not good...Even the great "el Cyd" coulda have ah orf day, and if he wasn't selected, even with bias, chances are he was having more orf than on.....that being said, I wouldn' have selected Spann, based on 1. his lack of playing time recently,2. not seeing him regularly...but it could be possible that what was being seen, was not up to scratch.
Excuses Excuses! that's why the caribbean and africa still in the condition it's in today , that's BC our ppl don't like to accept failure and responsibility for failure!

failure is not a such bad thing mind you, it's what you do after failing, like modification, that makes failure a necessary guest! 

some of the world's greatest inventions became a reality due to countless attempts ending in failure, but after collective review and persistence, success was not long in coming.

Maxg , i believe in logic, forinstance, if an aircraft fuel capacity takes it 1000 miles on a full tank, and there's a better option ...say another craft of a different make has the same fuel capacity has better cargo space , just an all round better option, and takes you 1500 miles on the same tank.

as an airline owner you would opt for the latter, it's the logical thing to do. well it's only logical that i would want a natural defender over a make shift one.

it took a white dutch coach to make us believe in our selves as very good footballers, and another to show us up as jokers! and rightfully so, BC we want the glory without the pain and hard work, that's my ppl for yuh, beenhakker build ah nice house and the TTFF bun it down BC he didn't paint and furnish it fuh Dem.

breds if we don't go with the trenchmen in this campaign , then i'm afraid allyuh would have to cancell your reservations for SA, BC according to logic, those yutes who allyuh say should be dominant on the team , needs a lot of work.

another piece of logic for yuh , why not go with men who played on the biggest stage in football and knows all the little tricks of the trade, the ins and outs of football that them yutes are oblivious too.

but have the rookies in camp so they could learn ,BUT PUTTING THEM OUT THERE ON THE BIG STAGE IS MADNESS, it was proven in 07 in the gold cup, last yrs in the friendlies , and the biggest indication was the degicel in december! what more proof yuh want that they're just not ready for this.       i'll take hyland and daniel, but the rest have to wait.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 06:26:08 PM by just cool »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »
it took a white dutch coach to make us believe in our selves as very good footballers, and another to show us up as jokers! and rightfully so, BC we want the glory without the pain and hard work, that's my ppl for uh, beenhakker build ah nice house and the TTFF bun it down BC he didn't paint and furnish it fuh Dem.

I like this.  :beermug: ......

But I doh like this one so much, cause airlines flying smaller, more economical planes these days:
i believe in logic, forinstance, if an aircraft fuel capacity takes it 1000 miles on a full tank, and there's a better option ...say another craft of a different make has the same fuel capacity has better cargo space , just an all round better option, and takes you 1500 miles on the same tank.

as an airline owner you would opt for the latter, it's the logical thing to do. well it's only logical that i would want a natural defender over a make shift one.
........ kinda like driving a Prius instead of an Escalade.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 08:11:01 PM »
so JC, juss for clarification, I niether here or there on the selections, buh yuh saying it doh matter how Avery or Cyd playing now, they have to be better than the present selections, because they have previous experience.... even if they not on top of their game, yuh don't prefer ah youth whose best game, was not as good as when say Cyd was at the WC, in 2006....wha bout Dog & whitley, bring them too,- nah ah just going overboard, ah know yuh doh mean it so..- regardless of Cyd and Avery form now...and then for 2014, bring the youths them, by that time dey go be ready, because Latas et al, would have them prepped...If that is the case, as ah previously average last campaign fan of Cyd - when many referred to im as Wile man - I will admit, that Cyd at the top of his game, wasn't that great, Avery coverage was suspect, many times caught out of position...yet they were selected, played to the best of their ability, and did a pretty decent job, Lennon nearly eat Cyd alive, but alas he was already hurting, Avery was pelting blade at wind, and doh he did have man skipping, eventually he connect...now I don't want to go into too much more, for fear the fellas get the impression I did not like them or disappointed in their game, but truth be told they were out played, but it's their heart that saved us...we cyah go down that road again, we have to teach and encourage....the same failure you refer to not to fear, don't you back away from it, we know Cyd and Avery capable, but we need to face some measure of development, we cannot depend on Cyd, Avery, Latas, Yorke, Stern forever...you talk about preparation, but you don't want to prepare...Again, we did not lose, we did not win, true, but we were very unlucky not to have...Men does miss all kinda free kick easy...it is very rare any FreeKick specialist, could get 2 in his ideal spot and range, and he hit the both perfectly to save his team, man does choke, this man didn't...Doh blame the selections, if yuh want to crusade, give it to the selectors, buh yuh choosing to lash the man an dem, who most likely have to buss they inexperienced arse, to try to win one for we, by telling dem, dey not capable of doing it...I cyah see that as success, even if we win....yuh speak of we ppl, buh ah never see nobody else - country -waste down they own players as WE ppl do...they might prefer or bigup someone else, buh dey doh mess up whoever take the field as we do ours...buh we, nah...we does tell it like it is, buh cyah stand to take it same way..all right, we going on too much, but thanks for the chat all the same....Birchall, Stern miss a penalty, doh mean they can't take them...I miss one outta bout 17 in finals in my life time, I still would tell yuh I CAN kick them...if some ppl believe that make me ah mess hound, then many other players, coaches and opponents kept lying to me - to this day-  for no reason.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 08:15:13 PM by maxg »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 03:08:56 AM »
so JC, juss for clarification, I niether here or there on the selections, buh yuh saying it doh matter how Avery or Cyd playing now, they have to be better than the present selections, because they have previous experience.... even if they not on top of their game, yuh don't prefer ah youth whose best game, was not as good as when say Cyd was at the WC, in 2006....wha bout Dog & whitley, bring them too,- nah ah just going overboard, ah know yuh doh mean it so..- regardless of Cyd and Avery form now...and then for 2014, bring the youths them, by that time dey go be ready, because Latas et al, would have them prepped...If that is the case, as ah previously average last campaign fan of Cyd - when many referred to im as Wile man - I will admit, that Cyd at the top of his game, wasn't that great, Avery coverage was suspect, many times caught out of position...yet they were selected, played to the best of their ability, and did a pretty decent job, Lennon nearly eat Cyd alive, but alas he was already hurting, Avery was pelting blade at wind, and doh he did have man skipping, eventually he connect...now I don't want to go into too much more, for fear the fellas get the impression I did not like them or disappointed in their game, but truth be told they were out played, but it's their heart that saved us...we cyah go down that road again, we have to teach and encourage....the same failure you refer to not to fear, don't you back away from it, we know Cyd and Avery capable, but we need to face some measure of development, we cannot depend on Cyd, Avery, Latas, Yorke, Stern forever...you talk about preparation, but you don't want to prepare...Again, we did not lose, we did not win, true, but we were very unlucky not to have...Men does miss all kinda free kick easy...it is very rare any FreeKick specialist, could get 2 in his ideal spot and range, and he hit the both perfectly to save his team, man does choke, this man didn't...Doh blame the selections, if yuh want to crusade, give it to the selectors, buh yuh choosing to lash the man an dem, who most likely have to buss they inexperienced arse, to try to win one for we, by telling dem, dey not capable of doing it...I cyah see that as success, even if we win....yuh speak of we ppl, buh ah never see nobody else - country -waste down they own players as WE ppl do...they might prefer or bigup someone else, buh dey doh mess up whoever take the field as we do ours...buh we, nah...we does tell it like it is, buh cyah stand to take it same way..all right, we going on too much, but thanks for the chat all the same....Birchall, Stern miss a penalty, doh mean they can't take them...I miss one outta bout 17 in finals in my life time, I still would tell yuh I CAN kick them...if some ppl believe that make me ah mess hound, then many other players, coaches and opponents kept lying to me - to this day-  for no reason.
Breds yuh all over the place when this is ah simple dicussion.

#1 max that coach we have is a clueless, so what he does should not be condoned! the man is totally out of it! what do you need to see that.

#2 the players who been playing of late are not the best options available. you talk about cyd and avery like they on old age pension, them men still have ah few yrs of defending left in them, as we all know , in football defenders have more longevity than any other position. just look @ juan, emerson , and roberto carlos.

#3 it's ah proven fact that aklie and spann are the weekest links in the chain, so that's why i want the two most experience defenders in those week positions.

#4 did you see cyd gray in the WC, the man held down all them jokers especially in the left back position, only lennon got the better of him and rightfully so , there are few defenders in the world who could match linx with arron lennon.

all in all , i could be wrong and you right , but i know one thing for sure, i've never seen a coach experiment as much as this turkey, and i have a strange feeling he's not done yet, that dr jekkyll minded fool.

1]; } ?>