April 29, 2024, 07:41:47 AM

Author Topic: Internazionale - Man. United Thread (Feb-24-09).  (Read 22069 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Internazionale - Man. United Thread (Feb-24-09).
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2009, 07:37:48 AM »
Yuh hadda just laugh at/with Mourinho- he's a funny fella...and I think alot of what he says is intended to have a humorous aspect to it...I get the feeling that cockiness is more a part of his sense of humor than a part of his actual personality. 

In terms of success, he's done well but I'm not sure if the Man U faithful will appreciate the look of their team's football under Mourinho- JM's teams are not that exciting to watch.  Inter is the best team in Italy but their football lacks personality...I'd watch a Milan game before an Inter game any day.....the same with Chelsea under Mourinho...They were really dull....Of course at the end of the day winning is better than losing, no matter the style but it's a shame to see a guy inherit a star studded roster and not bring out the potential character and personality in the brand of football they play...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2009, 08:04:53 AM »
Yuh hadda just laugh at/with Mourinho- he's a funny fella...and I think alot of what he says is intended to have a humorous aspect to it...I get the feeling that cockiness is more a part of his sense of humor than a part of his actual personality.   

:applause: :applause:

In terms of success, he's done well but I'm not sure if the Man U faithful will appreciate the look of their team's football under Mourinho- JM's teams are not that exciting to watch.  Inter is the best team in Italy but their football lacks personality...I'd watch a Milan game before an Inter game any day.....the same with Chelsea under Mourinho...They were really dull....Of course at the end of the day winning is better than losing, no matter the style but it's a shame to see a guy inherit a star studded roster and not bring out the potential character and personality in the brand of football they play...

Very well observed and very well said, kicker.  I also agree that he was tactically a little bit more restrictive, methodical and defensive than he needed to be, but I wonder if winning titles wasn't the priority and developing a more attacking style over time would not have taken place.  As far as what he's doing at Inter?  I cyah say, I find the team looks decent and they seem to have the freedom to play that Chelsea didn't have, taking all the dynamics into account.  With 11 games left in the season, they might not meet the scoring mark that they did last season, but scoring seems to be down all across the board, so only time will tell.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2009, 11:23:59 AM »
Obvious attempt by Mourinho to take attention away from the actual football game but I would be interested to hear what other United fans would think about Mourinho managing United at any time in the future.

I have a strong opposition to him because I don't like his football and find the "special one" routine very old.

I could replace Ferguson at Old Trafford, says Mourinho

guardian.co.uk Sunday 8 March 2009 11.15 GMT

Jose Mourinho refused to rule out replacing Ferguson. Photograph: Luca Bruno/AP

Jose Mourinho has sought to spice up Internazionale's Champions League return leg against Manchester United on Wednesday by saying he could take over as manager at Old Trafford when Sir Alex Ferguson retires.

Mourinho's team head to Old Trafford this week looking to progress to the quarter-finals following a goalless first leg at San Siro a fortnight ago.

The Portuguese secured a memorable victory at Old Trafford at the same stage of the competition five years ago with Porto, but Inter will be underdogs this week.

The former Chelsea manager claimed he could be Ferguson's successor, but he also believes the race for the Premier League title would be tighter if he was still managing in England.

"If you want me to rule out ever being Manchester United manager I can't," he told the News of the World. "Special clubs need special managers so in theory it could work, but nobody knows what the future is in football.

"The England national team wanted me as coach and that is the biggest job in England, so I am sure when Sir Alex retires they will look at the best managers in the world and I certainly fall into the category."

United currently lead the Premier League by seven points from Mourinho's former club Chelsea and Liverpool and also have a game in hand to further strengthen their position, but Mourinho believes things would be different if he had not been sacked by Chelsea in September 2007. "Yes, Manchester United are the best team in England but you have to ask how good has the Premier League been since I left?

"Manchester United have won it with ease since I have gone because no manager has put a team together that can rival them. But my teams always rival Manchester United and Sir Alex knows that.

"They are a great team but if I was at a top club in England I think the title race might have been a lot closer this year."

Mourinho also had some disparaging words for the teams trailing in United's wake. "Chelsea have had no stability, Arsenal are nowhere and Liverpool threatened but I don't think anybody really thought they were ever going to win it," he said. "I would not allow a team of mine to be so far behind. It is embarrassing in March.

"Manchester United have a great squad but are their players really that much better than Chelsea's or Liverpool's? I don't think so. So something else must be the problem and somebody has to take responsibility for that.

"I beat Manchester United with Chelsea and Porto. Now I am ready to beat them with Inter."
According to special 1 tv Rooney is incredible/fantastic....  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Internazionale - Man. United Thread (Mar-11-09)
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2009, 11:34:57 AM »
Man Utd v Inter Milan

Uefa Champions League, First knock-out round, second leg
Venue: Old Trafford Date: Wednesday, 11 March Kick-off: 1945 GMT
Coverage: Full commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live with live text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has been passed fit for Wednesday's Champions League return leg against Inter Milan at Old Trafford.

He limped out of Saturday's FA Cup tie at Fulham with an ankle injury but returned to training on Tuesday.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Ferdinand and John O'Shea, back after a heel problem, will play as United look to progress after a goalless first leg.

"They both trained for the first time today and that was important," he said.

Ferdinand should partner Nemanja Vidic in central defence, with O'Shea filling the right-back slot in the continued absence of Gary Neville, Wes Brown and Rafael da Silva.

But the remainder of Ferguson's squad are available for selection.

Ferguson, who watched his side keep their quintuple hopes alive with a 4-0 win at Fulham in the Cup quarter-finals, believes concentration holds the key to overcoming Inter.

Ferguson has only won one of his 13 encounters with Jose Mourinho, and expects his Portuguese counterpart to indulge in some motivational gambits in his pre-match media conference on Tuesday.

But the Old Trafford supremo is happy to let his players do the talking for him on Wednesday.

"Jose is magnetic in terms of press attention, he can be outrageous and very entertaining," said Ferguson.

"He's terrific at all that, I enjoy watching him on television but there's nothing he can do once the players cross the line. Then it becomes a matter of individual concentration and I trust my players to do their jobs on the pitch."

Inter have only two fit centre-backs after losing Marco Materazzi and Nicolas Burdisso to injury in the first half of their 2-0 victory over Genoa.

"Christian Chivu, Walter Samuel, Materazzi and Burdisso are out," Mourinho confirmed ahead of his side's trip to Manchester.

Man Utd (from):
Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Eckersley, Fabio, Ronaldo, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Carrick, Anderson, Giggs, Scholes, Park, Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, Welbeck.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7899577.stm
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Internazionale - Man. United Thread (Mar-11-09)
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
Fix the thread title and you set....Man Utd vs Inter

Come on Utd

--------------VDS

O'Shea---Rio-------Vida-------Evra

Ronaldo--Carrick--Scholes-----Park

---------Wazza-----Berba

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »
we'll stamp authority on these italians
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »
Die Hard you head tizzic or what?

It have a thread for this tie already right on the first page
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2009, 02:22:24 PM »

:-[ i sorry west indies have me stupid right about now
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »

I doh tink is de West Indies........

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2009, 02:31:31 PM »

I doh tink is de West Indies........

fork u yes stueps  :-[  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2009, 04:46:53 PM »
jose must be quakin in he boots after seein the superiority of de EPL in today's games.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2009, 06:36:56 PM »
licks in allyuh neh neh tomorrow.
throw parties, not grenades.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2009, 06:52:16 PM »
licks in allyuh neh neh tomorrow.

why you dont change yuh name to abu instead?

anybody but united

4k off rentboy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2009, 07:00:44 PM »
fellahs...

ah cyah wait for this game.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2009, 08:29:23 PM »
fellahs...

ah cyah wait for this game.

I cyah wait to see Mourinho celebrate at Old Trafford again like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQx2F5WV7_k

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEvvNhh5zk&feature=related
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
is tears come tomorrow

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2009, 09:28:24 PM »
is tears come tomorrow
allyuh make sure and handle allyuh business tomorrow  :beermug:
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2009, 09:35:24 PM »
Big game 2moro boys....time to stamp our authority

We are the Champions! Champions of the World! Dont let anyone tell you otherwise....Time to get the respect we deserve from all football fans

Wherever your watching...Home..Pub..Old Trafford

One Message:

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2009, 09:40:43 PM »
Glory Glory Man-United  :devil: :devil:
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2009, 09:44:52 PM »
is tears come tomorrow
allyuh make sure and handle allyuh business tomorrow  :beermug:
for sure.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2009, 11:22:51 PM »
die hard, small mag...

see my signature. :beermug:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2009, 04:25:10 AM »
Glory Glory Man United........................................ :devil: :devil: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2009, 04:25:33 AM »
muntari with ah rocket after 10 mins to string up van der sar
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:19 AM »
Just to beat a dead horse. Found this on The Guardian today. James Richardson is their Serie A correspondent and does not particularly like Ferguson. His argument unnecessary antics of Mourinho and the fact that Ferguson's pale by comparison matches how I feel. He also gives examples to explode the myth that Mourinho is this great "player's coach". Again in his short career Mourinho has hungmore of his players out to dry in public than Ferguson.

I also agree with his impression of Mourinho's teams. Porto was nice and enterprising, CHelsea-not so much. And Inter - well I wouldn't call them dire but I agree with the parallel between him and Benitez. They are not that far apart in terms of tactical philosophy.

Is Jose Mourinho a suitable candidate for the United job?

James Richardson and John Hollins discuss whether the Special One could cut it as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor

Yes
John Hollins Former Chelsea manager and England player

It will need a big personality after Sir Alex leaves, remember Wilf McGuinness after Matt Busby. And Jose is that. In fact the two of them are alike in many ways. Alex has got where he is because he has been willing to learn, to take on new information and freshen things up with a number of different coaches. Mourinho is the same, a great gleaner of information. He takes a bit from this person, a bit from that one and has put together a winning formula.

When you meet Jose it is clear that he is confident,but it is something else that marks him out – his positivity. He also has real passion, he's very similar to Sir Alex. His self-assuredness reminds me of a young Brian Clough, but Brian was always willing to tell you if your side played better on a given day, something I couldn't see Jose or Alex doing. Like all the top managers, he is as good off the field as he is on it, and when I say that I mean that his training regimes are clearly brilliant – his sides are always super-fit – but he also has the gift of saying the right thing at the right time.

He's had an incredible education for someone who didn't play at a high level and is still so young. He had an English upbringing through Bobby Robson at Barcelona and then got tutored in the Dutch arts under Louis van Gaal. He's put that all together and won titles in three different countries – you can't argue with that. And you can see it with Steve Clarke as well, who learned from Mourinho and has basically turned round West Ham. Jose's only ever been seen to fail at one club, Chelsea, and that after winning two titles and two cups.

Like all the great managers, Jose knows how to deal with players, knows how to get in their heads. He has never really had the time to show if he could put together several teams like Ferguson and bring through such wonderful youngsters. Ferguson knows everything about the club, managing each detail, and I think given the opportunity and time – something that is so rare these days – Jose could do that as well.

The idea he's been found out in Italy is curious. He looks well set to win Serie A in his first season, with Internazionale seven points clear – I'd like to be found out like that. But most importantly he has adapted to a different challenge there. Unlike at Chelsea, he has two aggressive full-backs who bomb on. So any idea he is wedded to one particular formation flies out the window.

And who else is there? The former Manchester United players who are managing shouldn't go back – it's always dangerous to do that – and Martin O'Neill, often touted for the job, is building a legacy at Villa. Then there are the usual overseas names but you need to be really special to take over from Sir Alex. Jose's the man.

No
James Richardson
Presenter and Italian football expert

Mourinho at old Trafford? It's an intriguing idea, in much the same way as Mourinho in Dancing on Ice is an intriguing idea. But Jose actually in charge of Sir Alex's magnificent legacy? Jose addressing the world from the Old Trafford pulpit? Who in their right mind would want that?

Everything palatable about the current United would disappear and everything that sticks in the neutral's craw would be ten times worse. You might find Sir Alex an arrogant and bullying type but he is a model of avuncular charm compared to the shamelessly narcissistic Special One, a man who marked his first managerial visit to Old Trafford by flicking V signs at the home fans, and who this season has produced such gems as taunting a journalist with the size of his pay packet, and mocking Claudio Ranieri for speaking poor English compared to his own and for being 70-years-old (he's 57).

Then there's the damage to United's on-field style, for rest assured the steady decline in Jose's public persona has been matched by his football. It's dire. Where once Europe thrilled to the derring-do of his unheralded Porto, she now wrinkles her nose in horror as his 2009 Inter arrive to stink out another stadium. This season the Nerazzurri have lost at home to Panathinaikos and scraped a draw with a side from Cyprus, never once looking like they knew what they were doing. No wonder the bewildered Italians ask: "Where is his gioco?"

The impression is that the further Mourinho travels from his coaching origins at Barcelona, the more dour and pragmatic his style of play becomes. It's as if the tactical sheen learnt at Sir Bobby Robson's knee has gradually worn off to reveal the dark, soul-sapping horror beneath. Worse still, the famous Mourinho locker-room charm is evaporating, too. Jose's fallen out with many of his squad this season, often publicly. Just five months after splashing out £15m on Ricardo Quaresma, Jose labelled him a "weak character" and sent him to Chelsea. Another summer buy, Mancini, barely featured after "not doing as he's told" and the defensive stalwart Iván Córdoba found himself frozen out in favour of comedy Colombian Nelson Rivas.

In short, with his domestic success based more on fortuitous refereeing and the odd superb individual performance than any tactical masterplan, and a deteriorating rapport with his players Mourinho's become the Portuguese Rafa Benítez, just better with the press. Is that really what Old Trafford wants?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2009, 06:08:22 AM »
GLORY GLORY  :devil: :devil: :devil:
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2009, 07:53:49 AM »
Just say no to Jose as Lord Wrigley's replacement! Jose makes everything about him and no one is bigger than United; he does not believe in buying youth farless playing them; he is a controversy waiting to happen; he coaches to defensive; he may win in the present but when he does leave and he will leave  the team will be worse than when he took over. Oh yeah he is a Chelski reject :devil:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2009, 08:21:35 AM »
FORZA INTER

Més que un club.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2009, 08:37:33 AM »
FORZA INTER
yuh mean forget inter.study de cutass lyon puttin on barca today. ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2009, 08:44:41 AM »
3-0 Utd

Rooney and Berba in the first 20 minutes then CR7 in the 60th

possibly a 4th...we'll see

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »

study de cutass lyon puttin on barca today. ;D

I should bark yuh ah slap for speaking such blasphemy.

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>