April 29, 2024, 09:21:33 AM

Author Topic: Internazionale - Man. United Thread (Feb-24-09).  (Read 22079 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Internazionale - Man. United Thread (Feb-24-09).
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2009, 06:15:39 PM »
say wuh,we will rip they ass in good ole england.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2009, 07:14:18 PM »
Man U was the better team.  If this was a showcase of EPL vs Serie A, EPL gets the points.  But in terms of the competition at hand, 0-0 is actually a decent score for both teams.

Inter took about 30 mins to settle, and even when they did and finally controlled periods of the game, they never forced a good save out of Van Der Sar.  Their attacking play was disjointed and their forwards, never made space for a shot on goal........ ....Ibrahimovic showed flashes of skill/danger but was never really decisive... J.Cesar was saving Inter until the 90th minute (mostly from set plays though).... Man U moved the ball around the field crisply and comfortably most times too quickly for Inter to chase, especially in the earlies....and for long periods of the game yuh had to wonder who was the home team.  Muntari was awful today.  Possession stats ended evenly but this was not an even game.

I said in other threads that teams outside of england need to adjust upward in terms of the pace of the game to stay on the same field with the EPL top 4.  This game was a perfect example Inter took a half hour or more to do so, but never looked convincing.  If I were Sir Alex, I would be ruing a missed opportunity to take the advantage on the road.

Anyways next game it starts from scratch.  Safe (well not that safe) money says Man U comes out of this round alive.  But one would be a fool to count out a side like Inter with that much quality and a coach like JM. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2009, 07:31:43 PM »
Man U was the better team.  If this was a showcase of EPL vs Serie A, EPL gets the points.  But in terms of the competition at hand, 0-0 is actually a decent score for both teams.

Inter took about 30 mins to settle, and even when they did and finally controlled periods of the game, they never forced a good save out of Van Der Sar.  Their attacking play was disjointed and their forwards, never made space for a shot on goal........ ....Ibrahimovic showed flashes of skill/danger but was never really decisive... J.Cesar was saving Inter until the 90th minute (mostly from set plays though).... Man U moved the ball around the field crisply and comfortably most times too quickly for Inter to chase, especially in the earlies....and for long periods of the game yuh had to wonder who was the home team.  Muntari was awful today.  Possession stats ended evenly but this was not an even game.

I said in other threads that teams outside of england need to adjust upward in terms of the pace of the game to stay on the same field with the EPL top 4.  This game was a perfect example Inter took a half hour or more to do so, but never looked convincing.  If I were Sir Alex, I would be ruing a missed opportunity to take the advantage on the road.

Anyways next game it starts from scratch.  Safe (well not that safe) money says Man U comes out of this round alive.  But one would be a fool to count out a side like Inter with that much quality and a coach like JM. 

Finally... as clear and concise an analysis as is possible. Advantage United but only just... United should take a lot of positives from this game, and should also rue the missed chances. JM is counting his lucky stars.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2009, 07:33:30 PM »
Manu was the better team in the first half, but inter were better in the second half...
I am an inter fan, and some calls were very biased, but the call against Rooney was incorrect.Horrible commentary

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »
say wuh,we will rip they ass in good ole england.

stueps dem haters is a piece a work yes  :D , the perks of a man utd supporter lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
this youth Santon impressing meh with every game that pass.. still cant believe he is only 18. That is Maldini-ish behavior he getting on with there..

the goat today was that Rivas fellah in the Inter defence. As soon as he come off things tighten up in the back.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »
JM is counting his lucky stars.

I more inclined to say that he is praising his 'keeper.  Julio Cesar was absolutely brilliant today and clear choice for man-of-the-match.   cronaldo was very effective today, just not effective enough.  I find Inter was giving manu way too much room to play in the first half and Ibra was coming and going in and out of the game.  As was the case of so many of you, Muntari had me cussin' like a sailor whole game, just like the officials and the commentators were.  Sometimes I could laugh at Tommy Smyth's humour, but otherwise, he's just a bag of hot air that fool espn into believing that he know more about the game than he really actually does.  He seem to believe that in the game of football ALL contact constitutes a foul.  Oone can clearly see the manu players constantly and repetitively kickin' out, extending and dragging their legs to get con the chupid, cheatin-ass officials and Tommy Smyth and Derek Rae cyah see dat.  PACK AH ASS!! 
   That being said, though, I feela I have to concede the edge to manu next week.  Vidic coming back, yeah, but if Inter keep playing this uninspired football, Julio Cesar will eventually end up retrieving a ball or two from the back of the net.  Inter cannot keep exposing the man like this, week in, week out in all competitions and not expect to pay the price.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »

I more inclined to say that he is praising his 'keeper.  Julio Cesar was absolutely brilliant today and clear choice for man-of-the-match.   cronaldo was very effective today, just not effective enough.  I find Inter was giving manu way too much room to play in the first half and Ibra was coming and going in and out of the game.  As was the case of so many of you, Muntari had me cussin' like a sailor whole game, just like the officials and the commentators were.  Sometimes I could laugh at Tommy Smyth's humour, but otherwise, he's just a bag of hot air that fool espn into believing that he know more about the game than he really actually does.  He seem to believe that in the game of football ALL contact constitutes a foul.  Oone can clearly see the manu players constantly and repetitively kickin' out, extending and dragging their legs to get con the chupid, cheatin-ass officials and Tommy Smyth and Derek Rae cyah see dat.  PACK AH ASS!! 
   That being said, though, I feela I have to concede the edge to manu next week.  Vidic coming back, yeah, but if Inter keep playing this uninspired football, Julio Cesar will eventually end up retrieving a ball or two from the back of the net.  Inter cannot keep exposing the man like this, week in, week out in all competitions and not expect to pay the price.   

yeah again JC was in top form...The save off CR's header in the earlies will go down as one of the best I've seen in a while.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »

yeah again JC was in top form...The save off CR's header in the earlies will go down as one of the best I've seen in a while.

Yeah, Kicker, that one was a rel good save.  My friggin' heart was in meh troat when dat metro-bitch get up and head dah ball, I SWEAR it was a goal but was utterly shocked when JC made the save.  He didn't have to stretch, but his reflexes and agility are what were on call for that one.  The respective saves he made against Giggs and then Rooney were absolutely superb goalkeeping.  The man is on fire right now!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »

Yeah, Kicker, that one was a rel good save.  My friggin' heart was in meh troat when dat metro-bitch get up and head dah ball, I SWEAR it was a goal but was utterly shocked when JC made the save.  He didn't have to stretch, but his reflexes and agility are what were on call for that one.  The respective saves he made against Giggs and then Rooney were absolutely superb goalkeeping.  The man is on fire right now!!

Meanwhile yuh boy Toldo was on the bench colleckin' yellow card... lol

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »

lol!!  The man still hasn't gotten over having given up his position to a Brazilian.....but his re-routed anger was justified today.  The ref was declaring war on Inter!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2009, 08:00:28 AM »

lol!!  The man still hasn't gotten over having given up his position to a Brazilian.....but his re-routed anger was justified today.  The ref was declaring war on Inter!

I'm surprised Toldo is still at Inter. Once a solid Italy #2 behind Buffon and an experienced international in his own right, I remember he used to be mentioned among the top keepers in the world. So, he gets injured and loses his place to JC and does what seems like the right thing..stays and fights for his place, even if he was a bit of a whiner about it. But at some point you'd imagine Toldo would move on to a competitive team outside the top 3 or 4 in Italy and revive his career. Don't know the details, but he seems to have stuck it out at Inter, playing in the Coppa Italia when I think he could be playing a lot more. Same for Dida to make a move too. Not everyone's fave, but I find dat youth have talent and when AC won the CL in 2003 he was considered one of the best in the world..a young Petr Cech even named him as his favorite keeper saying he had perfect technique. prior to being dropped by Ancellotti though, he had started to look awful. He was very good in a woseful WC 2006 by Brazil, but at AC Milan, his time seems up. Again..I doh know the full story, but I personally rather play for a mid level club in a competitive league than ride pine at a big club..given I already tasted the highest of the high and just want to revive my career before time to retire.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2009, 08:24:37 AM »

Yes man kicker, you does drop it real neutral and real....plenty men does come and post with full bias and emotion, and miss the clear analysis. Spot on report IMO.
well yes

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2009, 08:50:15 AM »
JM is counting his lucky stars.

Not bad, but a bit harsh with the whole "cheating ref" deal. As for Tommy Smyth; he is an equal-opportunity ass. I guess ESPN just wanted someone with a British passport/accent. I never believed that Inter would be this bad. United may well rue not burying the tie in Italy, but still the advantage is slightly their's, all things being equal.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »

I'm surprised Toldo is still at Inter. Once a solid Italy #2 behind Buffon and an experienced international in his own right, I remember he used to be mentioned among the top keepers in the world. So, he gets injured and loses his place to JC and does what seems like the right thing..stays and fights for his place, even if he was a bit of a whiner about it. But at some point you'd imagine Toldo would move on to a competitive team outside the top 3 or 4 in Italy and revive his career. Don't know the details, but he seems to have stuck it out at Inter, playing in the Coppa Italia when I think he could be playing a lot more. Same for Dida to make a move too. Not everyone's fave, but I find dat youth have talent and when AC won the CL in 2003 he was considered one of the best in the world..a young Petr Cech even named him as his favorite keeper saying he had perfect technique. prior to being dropped by Ancellotti though, he had started to look awful. He was very good in a woseful WC 2006 by Brazil, but at AC Milan, his time seems up. Again..I doh know the full story, but I personally rather play for a mid level club in a competitive league than ride pine at a big club..given I already tasted the highest of the high and just want to revive my career before time to retire.

Cudicini at Chelsea, Dudek at Madrid, Kuszczak at Man U, Manninger at Juve....all goalkeepers who could walk into a smaller side and start.  Look at Cesar Sanchez who was once no. 1 in front of Casillas, and has even been capped for Spain.  Man was up until recently riding pine at Spurs- Redknapp bawl de man wasn't ready, meanwhile H.Gomes was droppin' balls like hot potatoes week in week out....Sanchez ups and ride out...starting for Valenica now....though I think it's because Renan- (their Brazilian first choice, is hurt)

Goalkeeping is a funny position.  Big sides like to have 2 or 3 first tier keepers in the line up, and goalkeeping seems to be a kinda stability position, where the man in the sticks would have to be injured or dripped dry of confidence for another man to take his spot....probably why yuh doh see seemingly big keepers just riding out in search of playing time at smaller clubs.  

On another note, is Brazil emerging as a goalkeeping factory?  

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »

Cudicini at Chelsea, Dudek at Madrid, Kuszczak at Man U, Manninger at Juve....all goalkeepers who could walk into a smaller side and start.  Look at Cesar Sanchez who was once no. 1 in front of Casillas, and has even been capped for Spain.  Man was up until recently riding pine at Spurs- Redknapp bawl de man wasn't ready, meanwhile H.Gomes was droppin' balls like hot potatoes week in week out....Sanchez ups and ride out...starting for Valenica now....though I think it's because Renan- (their Brazilian first choice, is hurt)

Goalkeeping is a funny position.  Big sides like to have 2 or 3 first tier keepers in the line up, and goalkeeping seems to be a kinda stability position, where the man in the sticks would have to be injured or dripped dry of confidence for another man to take his spot....probably why yuh doh see seemingly big keepers just riding out in search of playing time at smaller clubs.  

On another note, is Brazil emerging as a goalkeeping factory
?  

Dey all over de place like carib bottle!

Funny you should say that in truth, though, because I had mentioned it on a couple a threads a while back, (but ah coulda only find one:)

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=21797.msg231457#msg231457

and was recently thinking about it again.  It have a Brazilian in de damned championship, ah jes cyah remember his name or the team.  Genoa have one in Rubinho and the very talented 'keeper from the 2005 U-20 World Cup, Renan, is on the Valencia squad. 

good call by you and Filho.

giggsy11

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2009, 06:25:09 PM »

I wouldn't want Kuszczak to be my starting goalie small side or big side. The man to erratic and his decision making is suspect! Good shot stopper but damn I dos be quaking if he has to do any type of thinking, instead of reacting! Ben Foster is better but has been injury prone hence Fergie needing three keepers.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2009, 04:46:28 PM »

I was tryin to hold back, but i couldnt resist....Cudicini plays for Spurs now :beermug: ;D

Toldo is about 37-38 now. He was first choice keeper until about 35. De man is old. He probably doesnt want a job where he's playing every week.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »

I was tryin to hold back, but i couldnt resist....Cudicini plays for Spurs now :beermug: ;D

Toldo is about 37-38 now. He was first choice keeper until about 35. De man is old. He probably doesnt want a job where he's playing every week.

Yup good catch...forgot....or should I say totally didn't think about it when I was posting. 

Point still remains though right?  :beermug:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2009, 05:07:48 PM »

Yup good catch...forgot....or should I say totally didn't think about it when I was posting. 

Point still remains though right?  :beermug:

lol, yeah

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »

True...but Cudicini probably could have gone to a decent club a while ago and stuck around as number 2 for almost 5 years.

Good call on Toldo. Didn't realize he was that old. At the same time, you'd hardly hear of any pro happy to sit on the bench or just play here and there, even with age (Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer excluded). Keepers, moreso than other positions can still perform at a pretty high level in their late 30s and the fact that he was not happy at all when he lost his place at Inter and moaned quite a bit to the press makes you wonder why after a year or 2 he didn't move on. At 35, I doubt he was ready to give up his place...but now that he is 38..maybe you're right. The window to leave may have gone and he may well just want to retire at his long-time club

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2009, 11:16:44 AM »
Zlatan warming up fuh ManUre nice nice in this Inter v Genoa game.

He go buss goal in allyuh arse this week.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »
Obvious attempt by Mourinho to take attention away from the actual football game but I would be interested to hear what other United fans would think about Mourinho managing United at any time in the future.

I have a strong opposition to him because I don't like his football and find the "special one" routine very old.

I could replace Ferguson at Old Trafford, says Mourinho

guardian.co.uk Sunday 8 March 2009 11.15 GMT

Jose Mourinho refused to rule out replacing Ferguson. Photograph: Luca Bruno/AP

Jose Mourinho has sought to spice up Internazionale's Champions League return leg against Manchester United on Wednesday by saying he could take over as manager at Old Trafford when Sir Alex Ferguson retires.

Mourinho's team head to Old Trafford this week looking to progress to the quarter-finals following a goalless first leg at San Siro a fortnight ago.

The Portuguese secured a memorable victory at Old Trafford at the same stage of the competition five years ago with Porto, but Inter will be underdogs this week.

The former Chelsea manager claimed he could be Ferguson's successor, but he also believes the race for the Premier League title would be tighter if he was still managing in England.

"If you want me to rule out ever being Manchester United manager I can't," he told the News of the World. "Special clubs need special managers so in theory it could work, but nobody knows what the future is in football.

"The England national team wanted me as coach and that is the biggest job in England, so I am sure when Sir Alex retires they will look at the best managers in the world and I certainly fall into the category."

United currently lead the Premier League by seven points from Mourinho's former club Chelsea and Liverpool and also have a game in hand to further strengthen their position, but Mourinho believes things would be different if he had not been sacked by Chelsea in September 2007. "Yes, Manchester United are the best team in England but you have to ask how good has the Premier League been since I left?

"Manchester United have won it with ease since I have gone because no manager has put a team together that can rival them. But my teams always rival Manchester United and Sir Alex knows that.

"They are a great team but if I was at a top club in England I think the title race might have been a lot closer this year."

Mourinho also had some disparaging words for the teams trailing in United's wake. "Chelsea have had no stability, Arsenal are nowhere and Liverpool threatened but I don't think anybody really thought they were ever going to win it," he said. "I would not allow a team of mine to be so far behind. It is embarrassing in March.

"Manchester United have a great squad but are their players really that much better than Chelsea's or Liverpool's? I don't think so. So something else must be the problem and somebody has to take responsibility for that.

"I beat Manchester United with Chelsea and Porto. Now I am ready to beat them with Inter."
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2009, 09:01:43 AM »
this here echoes my sentiments..

"Yes, Manchester United are the best team in England but you have to ask how good has the Premier League been since I left?

"Manchester United have won it with ease since I have gone because no manager has put a team together that can rival them. But my teams always rival Manchester United and Sir Alex knows that.

"They are a great team but if I was at a top club in England I think the title race might have been a lot closer this year."

Mourinho also had some disparaging words for the teams trailing in United's wake. "Chelsea have had no stability, Arsenal are nowhere and Liverpool threatened but I don't think anybody really thought they were ever going to win it," he said. "I would not allow a team of mine to be so far behind. It is embarrassing in March.

"Manchester United have a great squad but are their players really that much better than Chelsea's or Liverpool's? I don't think so. So something else must be the problem and somebody has to take responsibility for that.

"I beat Manchester United with Chelsea and Porto. Now I am ready to beat them with Inter."

JDB, you might not like the man as a person but you cannot question his achievements. Truth of the matter is that you would be hard pressed to find another manager in the game who could walk into Old Trafford and promise a continuation of the success enjoyed under Ferguson.

the man does talk the talk, but he does walk the walk..

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »

JDB, you might not like the man as a person but you cannot question his achievements. Truth of the matter is that you would be hard pressed to find another manager in the game who could walk into Old Trafford and promise a continuation of the success enjoyed under Ferguson.

TRUE...but that doh mean that we have to like him - for now :devil: Right now Sir Alex going strong and adapting everyday to macth and beat the younger managers. A successor far my mind right now

I feel u might quciker see him at liverpool or arsenal b4 united.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2009, 09:15:54 AM »
Obvious attempt by Mourinho to take attention away from the actual football game but I would be interested to hear what other United fans would think about Mourinho managing United at any time in the future.

I have a strong opposition to him because I don't like his football and find the "special one" routine very old.

I could replace Ferguson at Old Trafford, says Mourinho

guardian.co.uk Sunday 8 March 2009 11.15 GMT

Jose Mourinho refused to rule out replacing Ferguson. Photograph: Luca Bruno/AP

Jose Mourinho has sought to spice up Internazionale's Champions League return leg against Manchester United on Wednesday by saying he could take over as manager at Old Trafford when Sir Alex Ferguson retires.

Mourinho's team head to Old Trafford this week looking to progress to the quarter-finals following a goalless first leg at San Siro a fortnight ago.

The Portuguese secured a memorable victory at Old Trafford at the same stage of the competition five years ago with Porto, but Inter will be underdogs this week.

The former Chelsea manager claimed he could be Ferguson's successor, but he also believes the race for the Premier League title would be tighter if he was still managing in England.

"If you want me to rule out ever being Manchester United manager I can't," he told the News of the World. "Special clubs need special managers so in theory it could work, but nobody knows what the future is in football.

"The England national team wanted me as coach and that is the biggest job in England, so I am sure when Sir Alex retires they will look at the best managers in the world and I certainly fall into the category."

United currently lead the Premier League by seven points from Mourinho's former club Chelsea and Liverpool and also have a game in hand to further strengthen their position, but Mourinho believes things would be different if he had not been sacked by Chelsea in September 2007. "Yes, Manchester United are the best team in England but you have to ask how good has the Premier League been since I left?

:o :o :o :o :o :o
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2009, 10:07:40 AM »
this here echoes my sentiments..

"Yes, Manchester United are the best team in England but you have to ask how good has the Premier League been since I left?

Yeah but that is a nothing statement because nobody could say for sure what would have happened if Mourinho was there.

Also, for all the talk about United winning with ease in the absence of Mourinho, United beat Mourinho's Chelsea in his final full season there. In fact Grant's team was closer to United than Mourinho's team.

I not doubting that he will be successful but there are lost of managers who could be successful at United and yuh don't have to win everything every year. If the club does make that move, c'est la vie, but I really do not like his football philosophy, there's always a negative feel from his teams.  For the record I not as in love with Wenger's team and club philosophy and wouldn't want him either.

Also everybody does talk about Ferguson arrogant and the things he has said and done over 23 years in the job and Mourinho bypass him by far in just 7 years in the spotlight. Perfect example is calling Ranieri a "loser". It is just an unnecessary and guileless detraction/distraction from whatever his team is doing. You could imagine Mourinho and his antics at United, a side that people already don't like, I could guarantee that Mourinho would instantly be the most hated manager in the history of football.

Much rather get a manager who could get success without the childish nonsense. Right now though I looking for Ferguson to go for as long as possible, I convinced that Mourinho's lustre will dull over time. At least five more years for Ferguson would go down nicely, as long he competitive and the side picking up something every year or couple years yuh have to let the man stay as long as he want.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2009, 09:50:38 AM »
At the end of the day, all managers prove to have glaringly similar if not the same qualities.  Mourinho came along with his brash confidence at a time when Alex Feruson was ruling the roost in Europe and saying whatever shit he want to say, doggin' referees and other managers as he pleased and having his players get away with all kinds of war crimes on the field. (from the same refs he does be doggin, too!)  He is just as polarizing a figure, if not more so.  If I remember correctly though, Mourinho tried to put the whole "Special One" moniker to rest when he came to Inter.  It's the damned MEDIA that has kept that going, not him.  Sometimes the media makes more of being a manager than the job should entail and there are alot of things that are said for a number of different reasons and we ain't gonna like all the reasons or all the words.  What is supposed to really matter is how his players respond to him.  With Alex Ferguson one get's the impression that you have players that want to play for the team, Manchester United, and "Sir Alex" is "the boss."   That's his style and it works for this club and his fans love him to death for it.  Fine.  Contrast that to players that seem to genuinely like and want to play for Mourinho and you end up with a cohesive environment that bodes well for what should be any team's agenda.  Take that away and you end up with the semi debacle that Chelsea has become since he left.  If manu beat Chelsea one or two times as he was about to leave it's no big deal.  Mourinho's record against Alex Ferguson's teams impressive enough and his relationship with his players and the fans has proven to be worth more than the price of entry per game.  If manu fans don't want Mourinho coaching their team, rest assured there won't be any grumbling about that from Chelsea fans.  We will gladly take him back and have him continue his run of "blue" teams.  Allyuh could keep allyuh "gaffer."         

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2009, 09:54:40 AM »
que sera sera
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>