March 28, 2024, 10:18:03 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs El Salvador U-20 (28-Feb-09).  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T U-20 vs El Salvador U-20 (28-Feb-09).
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:22:22 AM »
Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, Tobago
International Friendly
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs El Salvador U-20 (28-Feb-09).
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »
ok first half suppose to have finished by now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:32:51 PM »
Wah is the vibes on this???
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »

anyone know the score
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 07:10:10 PM »

anyone know the score

Paging Morvant, Doc, Freak
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 07:31:18 PM »

anyone know the score

maybe Doc dun, especially if is like the last game he went to :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »

anyone know the score

maybe Doc dun, especially if is like the last game he went to :devil:

U have a pt.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »
Gay will be in the team for the qualifiers but Hyland is out. Hopefully his club will release him when/if the team makes the WC

http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2009/03/01/gay-returns-hyland-out-concacaf-u-20-series
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 08:36:31 PM »
Gay will be in the team for the qualifiers but Hyland is out. Hopefully his club will release him when/if the team makes the WC

http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2009/03/01/gay-returns-hyland-out-concacaf-u-20-series

Y I eh surprise did not expect Gay either.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »
So wah is de score?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 10:21:37 PM »
So wah is de score?

Excellent? wish I knew d answer.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 10:23:59 PM »
game done so long and we cyar get some feed back.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 11:44:28 PM »
Game ended 1 all.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:44 AM »
Game ended 1 all.

Gracias meh brudder.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 05:48:42 AM »
Thank you. I hope we get some inda report
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 06:31:46 AM »
Sorry fellas, went an lime after the game. Ah actually thought that since Fuentes was there he would have provided his a report. The team is playing poorly. This is the second game I've seen them play and they are playing what Palos describes as "aeroplane football". The quality of the surface doesn't help of hinder their performance. Primus was rested from the team that started against Honduras on Thursday. The starters were:
1. Glenroy Samuel,18. Nicholas Walker, 19. Daniel Cyrus,15. Michel Williams, 5. Akeem Adams, 7. Manswell, 4. Sheldon Bateau, 6. Leston Paul, 8. Sean De Silva, 9. Quian Grosvenor, 11. Trent Lougheed.

El Salvador were commanding in the 1st half. Excellent movement, simple passing, incisive penetrating runs and passes. They were also very well organised defensively. TT were paying very direct - dump and rebound or clear and bomb rush ;D. They played it with reasonable effect. We didn't have the physical stature up front that that type of play would demand. El Salvador was first to strike when a left sided corner was dummied by a Salvadorian attacker and was handled by a TT defender as the ball was bouncing past him. The #12 striker slotted the resulting penalty past Samuel in the 21st minute. Five minutes later it was all even. The Bateau picked up the ball just to the right of the centre circle in El Salvador's half, won 4 50-50 challenges leaving the Salvadorians in his wake. He then had the simple task of finding De Silva who had beaten his man to the spot at the far post for a fine finish back across the keeper into the bottom of the net.

The game ebbed and flowed, very few clear cut chances were created and the challenges became abit more physical as the game wore on. Michel Williams was replace on about the half hour mark after suffering an injury. He was replaced by Uriah Bentic? At the half the score was 1 - 1. TT was playing out of what appeared to be 5-3-2 formation with El Salvador playing 4-4-2.

AT the start of the second half, Clarence Gonzales came in at centre back with Cyrus pushing into central midfield. Manswell made way and Bateau moved out wide right. Grosvenor was replaced by Bradley ?up front. During the second half, the keeper Samuel went down dramatically and was replaced. He later explained that it was the curry ;D. The game petered out into a tame draw a fair result. An uninspiring performance by the locals. The team is still training, so maybe the best is yet to come :beermug:

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:35:02 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 06:31:55 AM »
Hyland should be in his squad .....  we don't have that depth

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 06:37:38 AM »
The probably miss Gay's size up front also. The strikers had plenty running in them to little effect.
Live large and prosper!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 06:50:45 AM »
Doc I sensin u eh comin 2 d bigger island 2 c these lads in d competition. Thanks 4 d report.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 06:54:04 AM »
i hope we aint see another Peter Granville saga here

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 07:22:12 AM »
Doc I sensin u eh comin 2 d bigger island 2 c these lads in d competition. Thanks 4 d report.
I'm hoping to be there on the 9th when we take on Costa Rica.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 07:29:39 AM »

ok doc can they qualify ? are they good enough ... they seem to alway give up goals  in almost every game
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 03:50:25 PM by Trini _2010 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 04:34:11 PM »
ANOTHER DRAW WITH EL SALVADOR
By: Shawn Fuentes  (TTFF)

A 27th minute goal by US-College based midfielder Sean De Silva helped Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 20 team to a 1-1 draw with El Salvador’s Under 20s in Saturday’s warm up encounter at the Plymouth Ground, Tobago.
De Silva’s goal came after the visitors had gone ahead via the penalty mark in the 21st minute through Lester Blanco after Nicholas Walker was guilty of a hand ball offense.

Both teams are preparing for the CONCACAF Final Round of Qualification towards the FIFA World Youth Championship, scheduled to be played in T&T from March 6-15.
With the 2-2 result between the two senior teams in last month’s 2010 World Cup Qualifier still fresh on the minds of all, it was evident from the get go on Saturday that neither team wanted to go down in defeat whether friendly or not. T&T, led by midfielder Leston Paul didn’t settle quickly but they also didn’t allow the Central Americans to get into early stride.

It was only after the visitors went ahead did the 600 or so fans at the venue begin seeing some goalmouth action as T&T picked up the pace in search of an equalizer.
It came six minutes after the opener when Sheldon Bateau powered himself into the heart of the penalty box, regained possession after miss-hitting an initial effort and instead of trying again, he slipped to a free De Silva on his left and he in turn clinically drilled a low right footer into the right corner of the net. A well taken effort which set the stage for a competitive remaining twenty minutes or so in the half.

On 38 minutes Andres Flores had a right footed crack go over bar from a good central position just inside the area and three minutes later Jaime Allas sent a powerful effort a few inches over.

The second half was dominated by more physical play and stoppages for various rash tackles. The closing fifteen minutes saw El Salvador spend much of the time in and around the T&T goal but stubborn defending ensured that nothing got through to break the deadlock.

Both teams will meet again on Monday at the same venue.
T&T head coach Zoran Vranes was visually pleased with the fact that his team has gone two matches unbeaten, after defeating Honduras 1-0 on Thursday, but added that there was still a fair bit of fine tuning to do before their opening qualifier against Canada on March 7 at the Marvin Lee Stadium from 6pm.

“Physically we are ready but we still have to settle on a few things,” Vranes told TTFF Media.
"I am satisfied with the defense which was my major problem. I hope that we can score the goals and if we do then I think we can win some matches. When Jamal Gay comes I am confident that we will be good in that department.
“We have to play smart and play to qualify. We will have to change tactics from game to game. We will try to win the tournament and if not then second place. We have Mexico but I am more concerned about Costa Rica and then of course Canada can also be tough opponents. Unfortunately we have very tough group but that may be better for us,” Vranes added.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 04:41:12 PM »
ANOTHER DRAW WITH EL SALVADOR
By: Shawn Fuentes  (TTFF)

A "I am satisfied with the defense which was my major problem. I hope that we can score the goals and if we do then I think we can win some matches. When Jamal Gay comes I am confident that we will be good in that department.
“We have to play smart and play to qualify. We will have to change tactics from game to game. We will try to win the tournament and if not then second place. We have Mexico but I am more concerned about Costa Rica and then of course Canada can also be tough opponents. Unfortunately we have very tough group but that may be better for us,” Vranes added.

Ah boy hoping at this time eh we cannot score with out gay and we cannot defend lord have mercy  ::)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:10:19 PM by Trini _2010 »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 06:11:55 PM »
ah eh know Grovesnor and bradley with the side ...ok
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »
ah eh know Grovesnor and bradley with the side ...ok

i am worried about this team molino with them also
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:32:07 PM by Trini _2010 »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 08:45:16 PM »

GR8 we go hang

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 08:24:04 PM »
T&T U-20s draw with El Salvador

by Lasana Liburd
Monday, March 2nd 2009

"We are playing harder and harder," said Trinidad and Tobago national under-20 coach Zoran Vranes, "but we are still fighting to get to where we are supposed to be."

Vranes' confessed that his midfield still lacks organisation and fluidity and spectators at their 1-1 draw against El Salvador at Plymouth, Tobago on Saturday evening did not get a lesson in football's finer skills.

But this national bunch, who play El Salvador again today from 5 p.m. at the same venue, are not shy when it comes to the darker arts.

The El Salvadorian visitors spent much of the evening screaming at perceived injustices and pleading with the match officials for protection as the hosts imposed themselves physically. Trinidad and Tobago utility player Sheldon Bateau, who started as a holding midfielder before switching to right wing back, was especially combative.

Bateau, a Fatima College student, was one of three Trinidad and Tobago players ejected in their 1-0 win over Honduras on Thursday-the Hondurans also collected two red cards-and, on Saturday's evidence, he and his teammates will not be bowling over opponents with kindness anytime soon.

Mind you, it was rarely nasty stuff. There were no elbows or sly kicks off the ball. Just a healthy serving of shoulder barges and old fashioned-and virtually outlawed-lunging tackles.

Yet, there seemed to be too little of the other stuff-the subtleties, the tricks and the clever passes.

The national under-20s played fast and direct with a 3-5-2 system that employed four man-markers and seemed built more for bruising than brilliance.

Captain Leston Paul and his midfield partner Sean de Silva are decent passers but, when they were able to coax the ball from their backline, lacked the bodies wide or ahead of them to show off their range.

But Vranes suggested that his approach would reap dividends when his players have the tall, powerful Germany-based striker Jamal Gay as an outlet. Gay, who joined German second division club Rott-Weiss Oberhausen in January, should join the squad three days before they start their CONCACAF qualifying campaign for the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup on home soil.

"We are missing Jamal Gay and I hope he will be in good shape when he comes," said Vranes. "He can shield the ball (for teammates to advance) and play in the air."

El Salvador opened the scoring in the 27th minute when Lester Blanco converted a penalty kick after a handled ball that only the referee seemed to spot.

Five minutes later, Trinidad and Tobago pulled level as de Silva bombed forward and diverted a Bateau cross past El Salvador goalkeeper Diego Cuellar.

There were a few long-range efforts by either team while Blanco missed a free header from close quarters. Otherwise, the match was a battle zone and the tourists did not like it one bit. The more El Salvador players dived, moaned and complained, the fiercer the tackles were from the Trinidad and Tobago outfit.

"It was a very dirty game but we will have (to deal with a) similar game against Costa Rica and maybe Mexico," said Vranes, referring to the qualifying tournament which kicks off on Friday. "Costa Rica worries me more than even Mexico. We will have to be smarter and harder."

It should be a testing meeting for team medics and match officials.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »
So we only have 1 plan, 1 style of play? What coaching..............
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>