April 28, 2024, 09:42:22 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Canada U-20 (07-Mar-09).  (Read 21748 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Canada U-20 (07-Mar-09).
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2009, 06:01:49 PM »
good start, who we playin next... good start

CR up next  :whip:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2009, 06:01:58 PM »
That is the longest 90+ I ever seen.

Aeroplane football in all ruckungs.....eh   ;D

WE creating history in T&T
Cobeaux + aeroplane = we taking off

:rotfl:

Good wuk T&T  :applause: :applause: :applause:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2009, 06:04:56 PM »
hmm if we win this game we are in ......  this game is the decider
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2009, 06:10:02 PM »
i truly am pleasantly surprised...glad to see the fellas ground out a win...hope they can do the same against the rest of the teams in the group
Back in Trini...

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2009, 06:13:10 PM »
Hope we keep focus the rest of the way.
Well done Young Warriors. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Both CFU teams had the best possible start.  :devil:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2009, 06:13:49 PM »
We play good. We just need to finish dem chances.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
Good stuff fellas, I was one who doubt the prep and ah glad to see you all get this win. The next game is the toughest so don't run off to 51 or Zen yet.

I feel we could send this team to qualify for 2010, they turn a tie into a win, the senior team turn a win into a tie.
Would it be history if the U-20 qualify us for Egypt and SA ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »
Good win for de Young Warriors...hope they dont lose their focus..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »
If allyuh see the freekick! steups.Pure Class.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2009, 06:44:32 PM »

did you have a vid  that we would see on youtube  it like  bakr own in 2006  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2009, 06:45:35 PM »
lord we win i happy, now we have to beat CR
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »
full report from CSA

Category:     CONCACAF U-20 (U-19)
Score:    Canada 0, Trinidad & Tobago 1

Canada : Trinidad & Tobago (Match tracker / Le film du match)
Canada lost the opening match of the 2009 CONCACAF Men's Under-20 Championship today, falling 0:1 to host Trinidad & Tobago at Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya. The score was a in a deadlock until the 82nd minute when Sean De Silva scored the decisive goal.

The first half started with the host applying some early pressure. From there, both teams looked to make their mark, but neither side could mount any momentum. In the 11th minute, Randy Edwini-Bonsu used his speed to press on the Trinidad & Tobago goal, but his shot went wide. A few minutes thereafter, Canada had its first corner kick, but the ball was easily cleared.

In the 14th minute, Trinidad & Tobago had its first good chance after a shot rebounded off a Canadian defender. The follow-up shot, however, was sent wide of goal. Canada then had a free kick in the 16th minute, but the shot was high. In the 17th minute, Marcus Haber was booked and Trinidad & Tobago fired its free kick right into the Canadian wall.

As the first half progressed, both sides made their drives down field. In the 21st minute, a good run by the host forced Canadian goalkeeper Adam Street out of his net to make a diving stop. In the 24th minute, Shaun Saiko took a long free kick that sailed over goal.

Canada did start to build an attack for several minutes, a sequence that included a caution to opponent Robert Primus. In the 33rd minute, Saiko played a long free kick that headed on goal, but just couldn't slow down in time for a Canadian striker to get a boot on it.

Late in the half, Trinidad & Tobago had its turn to get the home crowd standing. In the 42nd minute, Canada was very luck after Trinidad & Tobago rushed on goal and fired a low shot that dribbled just wide of the goal. Less than a minute later, Trinidad & Tobago broke through the Canadian defence again, but once again fired the shot wide.

The rest of the half played out with Canada creating a couple of chances. Edwini-Bonsu had a good run and Canada had a late corner kick, but to no avail. The second half then started with Brandon Bonifacio replacing Saiko in the midfield.

In the second half, it was much of the same with neither side taking full control of the match. Both sides had their chances, though, starting with Trinidad & Tobago in the 55th minute as the hosts danced into the Canadian box. Eddy Sidra was beat for a moment, but he recaptured his feet and had the help of goalkeeper Adam Street who deflected the ball to a sweeping Adam Straith.

In the 56th minute, Trinidad & Tobago had another good run, but again the delivery was wide. A few minutes later, Edwini-Bonsu had a great run down the right side and into the box. He managed to get a centering shot from the line, but the ball snaked through to the opposing defender who cleared it well.

In the 67th minute, Canada took a quick throw in after a quick Edwini-Bonsu run down the left side. Canada turned the throw into a centering pass that Haber headed on net. The header was directed on goal, but the goalkeeper just managed to tip the ball over the net. On the ensuing corner kick, some defensive confusion nearly led to a Canadian goal, but the ball was cleared out of danger.

In the 72nd minute, Trinidad & Tobago tried to create some danger with a free kick around the wall, but goalkeeper Adam Street was there to take away the chance. A minute later Canada had a free kick, but it still did nothing to change the score.

Finally in the 82nd minute, Trinidad & Tobago found the net after a Philippe Davies caution one minute earlier. De Silva blasted the shot to the right of the Canadian wall and into the top corner of the net, leaving goalkeeper Street with no chance on the play.

Canada went right back at the Trinidad & Tobago goal and nearly scored in the following minute. Unfortunately, the team would have less than 10 minutes to find an equalising goal, a goal that just wasn't to come on the opening night of the competition.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2009, 06:49:54 PM »
Well Done young Warriors  :applause: :applause:
keep it up

How far out was it Jah Gol?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 06:55:09 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »
Ah win is a win. :wavetowel:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2009, 06:56:57 PM »
I have never seen a National youth team play with such

Cohesion
Fitness
Heart

EVER!

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2009, 06:57:34 PM »
Tonight was a good win...not a great win...the next two game will decided that...by beating Costa Rica and beating Mexico or a tie

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
Congrats young Warriors  :beermug:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »
Cohesion
Fitness
Heart
EVER!
whey foote
great to hear such news

but I have to ask...how long you watching TnT play
just asking eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2009, 07:19:02 PM »

Cohesion
Fitness
Heart

EVER!

I would love to see this.

What's up with the missed chances?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »
Dis brighten up meh day after de Windies tata.  Where Winnie de Pig Fury? 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 07:31:14 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2009, 07:36:31 PM »
Where Winnie de Pig Fury? 
allya ent nice :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »
Small Match Report:

Me,my cousin and my friend drove up and reach at HT of the CR Mex game...the main stand was full..but we got decent seats at Half-line....Mexico dominated the second half and should have at least scored 1 but CR defended well..but both teams aren't as impressive as i thought they would be

Second game was about to start and we lined up in a 3-5-2

-----------------G.Samuel--

-----S.Bateau--C.Gonzales--N.Walker

R.Primus-------------------------------A.Adams

-------D.Cyrus------L.Paul------S.De Silva

-----------Q.Grovinor----T.Loughleed

Folks this formation was designed for Jamal Gay...but both strikers on show tonight are not hold up strikers...Gay is KJ and the strikers we have are Glenn and Roberts...No Stern/Scotty types either...Trent Loughleed is the closest to that style...So the Gay injury is a massive blow considering the formation...but this formation allows very tight and good defending i might add..as well as some good counter attacks when we play the ball on the floor and use the speed of Grovi and Trent... but as Lassana said we really are playing long ball most the time but it works out well and considering Canada has the biggest defense out of our trio of opponents it should work much better over the next 2 games...but the key is Leston Paul...I know him from my time in CIC and we all know what he is about...vision and passing is top class and if we give him the ball more we will create many more chances and hopefully bag a few more goals

Anyway...we controlled the game IMO and Canada had a few efforts but we threw away golden chances ..first was in the 1st minute when the ball was played in low from the right and Trent should have hit 1 time but controlled the ball in the 6 yard box and was then tackled...quite baffling....he get some serious cuss

2nd was Mr Loughleed again as the ball came over after brilliant work from Paul who burst with the ball onto the right and squared it and Trent hit it 1st time and sliced it wide...madness...once again he get cuss...

one thing i like about him is he picks himself up immediately and gets on with it...which is due credit considering how criticizing trini's in a stadium are

Next miss was Grovi...get a through ball and 1 on 1 sends it wide...poor miss from normally a great finisher in SSFL... unlike Trent he let his head drop and in the second half got another brilliant chance which he sent wide... they took him off as he was mentally affected after the 2 misses...but we know he can be dangerous and he have silky skills and real pace

We were defending well and 2 of the 3 CB's can pass the ball off well..Nichols Walker number 17 is my real boy...grew up with him in school and playing ball but his passing isnt all that..he is a long ball man but his defending was tops tonight..and that is his primary job

82nd minute...FK from the right corner of the 18 yard line and LP and De Silva are over it...they have a word... it looks like its going to be chipped into the box for us to attack it but no

BOOOM..SWERVE..GOALASOOOOOOOO

What a Goal...CR7 would have been proud... massive celebrations on the field and off... he then comes back to the half and hails us out with a trademark smile and thumbs up... we are all close friends

FT 1-0...thoroughly deserved...I am very proud of the heart and overall gameplay...Costa Rica and Mexico beware

SM

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2009, 07:41:10 PM »

yuh not going to see him around here for awhile now. ;D

and since we win raggafart missing too

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »
Thanks Small Mags

eh eh Sean big enough to hoof that ball so?  :devil:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 07:53:42 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2009, 07:46:21 PM »
Nice report SM.  :beermug:

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »

yuh not going to see him around here for awhile now. ;D

and since we win raggafart missing too

Reggaepom so obvious with his envious and hating ways that you can actually set your watch by his timing.
Oh btw great report SM. That team looks fantastic on paper. LAtapy is a true magician and that is only for the enlightened.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 07:52:44 PM by sub1 »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »
I forgot to add a big up to Vranes for having the team ready to die for it and playing well...He is so much more colorful on the touchline and better than Maturana....Pacho is just so sour

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2009, 07:59:59 PM »
I forgot to add a big up to Vranes for having the team ready to die for it and playing well...He is so much more colorful on the touchline and better than Maturana....Pacho is just so sour

I was enjoying this victory and you had to mention that man name  >:(

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2009, 08:04:04 PM »
This is de best TEAM trini has put out at any level for  awhile. they played confidently and smartly out of the back, just need to finish. thye missing jamal.
sean and paul were my players of the game. and samuel made 3 good saves which kept us in the game.
well done fellas
btw stadium was packed....good support. very vocal crowd.
 :beermug:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »
We play good. We just need to finish dem chances.

Cosign in every language
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>