April 24, 2024, 02:08:38 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Canada U-20 (07-Mar-09).  (Read 21667 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Canada U-20 (07-Mar-09).
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2009, 08:11:23 PM »
Nice. Good work fellas...buh....doh ease up the standard until the job done. Allyuh in dis to qualify for world cup..not jus beat canada.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2009, 08:12:13 PM »
My only complain is in d last 1/3 of d park like dey bounce up on some quadratic equation dey very confuse. Dey need 2 finish d hard wuk that strt from d keeper.  
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2009, 08:31:04 PM »
I forgot to add a big up to Vranes for having the team ready to die for it and playing well...He is so much more colorful on the touchline and better than Maturana....Pacho is just so sour

I was enjoying this victory and you had to mention that man name  >:(
Tell him Che ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »
Nice report on the game small mag.   :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »
oh gord a tusty for a next win  :drool: gimme gimme
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2009, 08:43:05 PM »
congrats boys!
keep it up! thanks for the updates!
whey boy!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »
well done t&t nice goal seany.....
any videos would be much appreciated

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2009, 08:49:24 PM »
Can we please see some highlights.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2009, 08:50:57 PM »
i go try to record tomorrow news for alyuh stay tuned
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2009, 09:53:37 PM »
well done fellas. Stay positive and finish the job at hand.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PATRIOT - Some Match Observations
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »
From previous match reports on our warm up matches, I was VERY pleasantly surprised by what I saw tonight! Fellow forumites, I am thoroughly impressed by this Under-20 team. Here's why:-

1. This is the FIRST T&T team since the Strike Squad and Bertille's Under-20 team that I have seen BUILD an attack from the back to forward line...as opposed to the usual BOOM-KICKOUT from the Goal-keeper

2. This is one of the most passionate and die-hard WARRIORS I have seen in a LOOOONG time...in fact, I had some flashbacks of that historic day in Dortmund - June 10th 2006

3. Defenders who CAN pass the ball comfortably and work a proper off-side trap...Canada fell into same numerous occasions

4. Good close control and inter-passing in mid-field, and GREAT off the ball running into space by our forwards

5. Team mantained cohesion for most of the game - shape was basically kept except for a 15 min spell early in the 2nd half and again in the last 10 mins of playing time after we'd scored.

6. Strikers who applied pressure to opposing Goal-keeper and defenders

7. NATURALLY LEFT-footed players - Cyrus and Adams, the latter who in IMHO would do a better job at SENIOR level than A. Edwards

8. Glenroy Samuel was EXCELLENT tonight! Pulled off some much needed saves that kept us in the game when it was STILL 0-0

9. Sean DeSilva - I don't usually single out players but this young man REAL impresed me tonight! His short passing, dribbling and cross-field play were a sight to see! Links up with Leston Paul with an almost telepathic understanding... something like the Yorke/Latas relationship. And THAT free-kick! MAJECTIC!!! My Man of the Match

10. The Coach! I heard a lot of criticsm from various forumites about Zoran Vranes, but from what I saw tonight, he has us playing a nice atacking 3-5-2, VERY compact and organized and while we DO use the LONG-ball, it was done effectively, and you could see the strikers hae been prepared to chest-trap and take on opposing defenders. He was also VERY vocal and

OK, now for the bad news:- WE NEED A FINISHER, does NOT need to be fast, skillfull or particularly tall or big... just be able to put the ball in the back of the net!!! I saw T&T create no fewer than SIX clear-cut chances and conspire to throw them ALL away!!! All the good things I noted abive would have been undone, but not for DeSilva's brilliant free-kick! We could even have conceded had Samuel been less alert.

All in all I remain VERY positive about this bunch! Hopefully we WILL qualify for Egypt, but if NOT, THIS team needs to continue evolving together! LAstly, the team appears VERY together..subbed players hugged one another and there were long pre-match huddles at the beginning of each 1/2... T&T's future is beginning to look a little brighter!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2009, 10:08:23 PM »
Thanks Patriot
so ya sayin the future so bright we gotta wear shades 8)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 10:19:40 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2009, 10:14:51 PM »
Thanks Patriot
so y sayin the future so bright we gotta wear shades 8)

Doh get ah headof yuhself.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2009, 10:16:35 PM »
Thanks Patriot

Nah...iz only ONE game so far... just put a STRONG TINT on the glasses, AFTER Monday's game I'll let you know about SHADES :)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »
Thanks Patriot

Nah...iz only ONE game so far... just put a STRONG TINT on the glasses, AFTER Monday's game I'll let you know about SHADES :)
OK i hear you, but things sound real good when I combine your report with G's report and what Smalls had to say
I have never seen a National youth team play with such
Cohesion
Fitness
Heart
EVER!
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »
as much as the Loughheed fella miss a couple sitters...ya could see he have it in him
seen him b4..he a good player
jus had a off night
2 POOR misses..but he could ball still

stoppers looked good too..not sure their names
no. 3 and the other fella...
we miss some sitters...one- on ones...but still didnt see much shots on the keeper..
well done to Samuel as well...big big saves...espeically that one in the first half that had him flying to push it over!
but i know he good from b4 but much respect to Paul...lil fella fast and doh give up jed!

we look good...hope it continues

read some comment that this was one of the better sides int he group? dont know how true that is...
just thought the mexicans would be the strongest just from history...

any word...?

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2009, 12:10:29 AM »
Well Well! This is great to hear. Thanks Smalls and PATRIOT. Reports much appreciated. We need to see this game. Somebody who taped it ???
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2009, 04:44:26 AM »
Saw from just before half time and what Patriot said is my take as well.  Can't remember the last time so many balls forward were won by our forward line....was very impressive.  And the clear cut chances he talking about is men running on the keeper one on one for at least 2 of them.  Even if they missed some we should have had at least a 2 goal cushion into the 2nd half.
I didn't know who the left back was at the time but I was happy we had someone that looked like they cud move into that position later on at the senior level.  De Silva is a little bigger and fights hard...still some ways to go strength wise but he real tough and every once in a while he might make a bad pass across the field. (not just him to be fair but against other teams we might get punish)  The keeper is very good as well...very composed and commands the area.  All the players have that kind of confidence about them but coming down to the end we got a little ragged and it was starting to feel like the El Salvador game where we were going to drop points when the game shud have been long over but they battle it out.

Thankfully no serious injuries because them fellahs was challenging for everything and get some hard knocks.
It also had our two of our warrior princess teams there supporting.  Big plus.  The turnout and support was impressive and I liking the atmosphere at Marvin Lee (need more seats!)

On another note...if allyuh walk down to the carpark behind the goal on the highway/south side they giving away free ting.  KFC had some kinda spin the wheel something, there was another booth for whoever make Right Guard with some trivia to answer and then u spin another wheel to win hampers...a man win a silky soft  something  lol
Holiday was giving away nuts and that fruit mix thing they have.
It had another set with a small goal u hadda kick the ball through the goal to win drinks...might have been lucozade or one of the other sport drinks people.  Hardly had people there even though the stadium was pack.  At halftime I see the mexican team standing up behind the fence watching the game and I looking in the stand but it had no seats available for dem.  They might have left or gone to the stands on the main car park side.  The pitch is an advantage to us as we definitely comfortable on it but really need larger seating capacity and some parking.  It had some Indian expo thing opposite COE and some laugh fest thing in COE or somewhere close so people park as far as the bus route if u had reach late.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:50:56 AM by dcs »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2009, 04:50:43 AM »
I find it very hard to understand why K.Hyland did not come and play for us and also cannot understand why Vranes did not include him.I read that he was excluded bcoz he did not make himself available for training,but he gets enough professional training with a European club.How long would it take him to gel with the team even if he can come 3 or 4 days before the match.I have also read about another player a ...Javed Mohammed,and is not too sure if he is an under 20 but have read some very good reports on him.We are already without our best player who made himself available Jamal Gay,what luck.We need to go to Egypt more than anything in the world coz I feel that we wont get to SA2010,I say this but I hope that I am wrong.This result has left a positive feeling with me and I am sure with all Trinis at home or inforeign ,like me.When we scored it felt like we played another 15 minutes,I held a can of beer in my hand and could not drink it,I'll have a few to-day.Ah going to start packing for my African trip.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2009, 05:52:49 AM »
I am pleasantly surprised indeed.

i might have to eat meh words.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2009, 07:37:21 AM »
Well I hope that somebody have a video of the goal because, this news just put a nice smile on my face.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2009, 07:47:41 AM »
What school did De Silva play Intercol with ??..cant remeber him as ah big name player in his school days..

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »
CIC i believe...he was there when they were relegated and came back when they had their big run in intercol
Back in Trini...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2009, 07:51:37 AM »
CIC i believe...he was there when they were relegated and came back when they had their big run in intercol

Yeah man, I remember when he repped TT in de U-15 tournament he had indicated that CB was/is idol.  Well done young warriors, lets take dat to CR tomorrow

On anodder note, is a hard luck w/Jamal, but if Hyland is eligible it's dissapointing that he isn't in the mix, clear up w/more info if someone has it
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2009, 07:53:32 AM »

ahhh..i remeber that year..just could not remeber him on the team...very talented player...
team would have had more depth if Hyland and Gay was in the squad...but am not complaining cause they getting the job done..

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2009, 07:58:12 AM »
I find it very hard to understand why K.Hyland did not come and play for us and also cannot understand why Vranes did not include him.I read that he was excluded bcoz he did not make himself available for training,but he gets enough professional training with a European club.How long would it take him to gel with the team even if he can come 3 or 4 days before the match.I have also read about another player a ...Javed Mohammed,and is not too sure if he is an under 20 but have read some very good reports on him.We are already without our best player who made himself available Jamal Gay,what luck.We need to go to Egypt more than anything in the world coz I feel that we wont get to SA2010,I say this but I hope that I am wrong.This result has left a positive feeling with me and I am sure with all Trinis at home or inforeign ,like me.When we scored it felt like we played another 15 minutes,I held a can of beer in my hand and could not drink it,I'll have a few to-day.Ah going to start packing for my African trip.
Check this thread about why Hyland is not on the team
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=42415.msg535300#msg535300
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2009, 07:58:48 AM »
What school did De Silva play Intercol with ??..cant remeber him as ah big name player in his school days..

CIC and won the Intercol

He scored a fantastic Double vs Muco in the semi's... bullets

Looking for highlights...will post them up when i find them

on another note...Hakeem King was the most goals in the North Zone Intercol in 2007 and he is currently away in one of the Carolina Uni's playing ball... he is my real good friend and He is the best finisher that I know (at the U20 Level)

Watch the first 2: 45 in this vid and look at his finish as well as his assist to De Silva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1UmITY0sK8

EDIT
 :D
Found highlights of all our(CIC) goals

Watch Hakeem King's finishing and Sean's bullets...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24owQxk5fO4
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:17:50 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2009, 09:18:03 AM »
I concerned, how the defense soo good, yet ppl telling me ow good the goalie is.. Not once but ah few times..if the defense real good, yuh not suppsed to know if the goalie bad or Baadd..Anyway ah win in the pocket is always a plus, since dem odder teams tie, we defense go have to real stand up..good luck guys

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: PATRIOT - Some Match Observations
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2009, 09:33:42 AM »
7. NATURALLY LEFT-footed players - Cyrus and Adams, the latter who in IMHO would do a better job at SENIOR level than A. Edwards

HATER!!!  >:( :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PATRIOT - Some Match Observations
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2009, 09:38:28 AM »
From previous match reports on our warm up matches, I was VERY pleasantly surprised by what I saw tonight! Fellow forumites, I am thoroughly impressed by this Under-20 team. Here's why:-

1. This is the FIRST T&T team since the Strike Squad and Bertille's Under-20 team that I have seen BUILD an attack from the back to forward line...as opposed to the usual BOOM-KICKOUT from the Goal-keeper

2. This is one of the most passionate and die-hard WARRIORS I have seen in a LOOOONG time...in fact, I had some flashbacks of that historic day in Dortmund - June 10th 2006

3. Defenders who CAN pass the ball comfortably and work a proper off-side trap...Canada fell into same numerous occasions

4. Good close control and inter-passing in mid-field, and GREAT off the ball running into space by our forwards

5. Team mantained cohesion for most of the game - shape was basically kept except for a 15 min spell early in the 2nd half and again in the last 10 mins of playing time after we'd scored.

6. Strikers who applied pressure to opposing Goal-keeper and defenders

8. Glenroy Samuel was EXCELLENT tonight! Pulled off some much needed saves that kept us in the game when it was STILL 0-0

9. Sean DeSilva - I don't usually single out players but this young man REAL impresed me tonight! His short passing, dribbling and cross-field play were a sight to see! Links up with Leston Paul with an almost telepathic understanding... something like the Yorke/Latas relationship. And THAT free-kick! MAJECTIC!!! My Man of the Match

10. The Coach! I heard a lot of criticsm from various forumites about Zoran Vranes, but from what I saw tonight, he has us playing a nice atacking 3-5-2, VERY compact and organized and while we DO use the LONG-ball, it was done effectively, and you could see the strikers hae been prepared to chest-trap and take on opposing defenders. He was also VERY vocal and

OK, now for the bad news:- WE NEED A FINISHER, does NOT need to be fast, skillfull or particularly tall or big... just be able to put the ball in the back of the net!!! I saw T&T create no fewer than SIX clear-cut chances and conspire to throw them ALL away!!! All the good things I noted abive would have been undone, but not for DeSilva's brilliant free-kick! We could even have conceded had Samuel been less alert.

All in all I remain VERY positive about this bunch! Hopefully we WILL qualify for Egypt, but if NOT, THIS team needs to continue evolving together! LAstly, the team appears VERY together..subbed players hugged one another and there were long pre-match huddles at the beginning of each 1/2... T&T's future is beginning to look a little brighter!

Patriot...i have read most of ur match report from whatever national team game you saw...you make me smile with this one...cause it always seem we lacking in some area of the game  either defending, posscession of the ball or traping..you mention finisher..hoping Gay could recover from his injury for the Costa Rica game... it would be interested....thank you patriot..THE FUTURE DOSE LOOK BRIGHT

1]; } ?>